Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:54 am

Post by Flairs »

Just a heads up I may have to be semi LVA Tuesday-Late Thursday/Early Friday this week

VOTE: Nicol

~Noted.
Last edited by Alchemist21 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:16 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 95, mykonian wrote:
In post 72, Robbnva wrote:RB and cloud, why are you parroting transcend?
it has a question mark
it's not a question, it's an accusation.
So are you saying that they don't have to respond because it's not a question?
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:19 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 104, mykonian wrote:
In post 97, Flairs wrote:
In post 95, mykonian wrote:
In post 72, Robbnva wrote:RB and cloud, why are you parroting transcend?
it has a question mark
it's not a question, it's an accusation.
So are you saying that they don't have to respond because it's not a question?
If your mom asks you "have you cleaned your room" while she damn well knows it's a mess, you aren't asked to answer. You are asked to clean your room, there's no yes or no answer.

If you are going to be a needy fuck about your questions, at least make them be actual questions. I for one would be a lot happier if Robb just accused and voted at this stage rather than accusing through a throwaway question then insisting it'd be answered without any effort on his side.
That's fair I understand that now
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Post by Flairs »

shh no it's tom marvello riddle

I can't really tell what to make of the robbnva/rb situation because it genuinely seems like they just dislike each other and their arguements stopped being entirely related to mafia at some point. Idk if they have beef with each other outside of the game though or anything.
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:28 am

Post by Flairs »

So I'm going to VOTE: rb now for two reasons:

1)
In post 141, rb wrote:Since scum winrate actually goes up when you lynch scum day1, im not inclined to drag out this day forever and get everyone super anal retentive trying to find that perfect golden win. I'm honestly willing to just lynch robb right now and call it a day.
Somehow I missed this quote earlier, but it's like rb is using some higher authority to argue that we shouldn't be trying that hard to find scum.

2) I kind of hate the defenses were it's "I wouldn't do x if I was scum, I do x when I'm town" because a) there isn't really a clear way to verify it- yes, you can look at past games but it's all perspective really, something that one player might think is toxic might not be and b) it's very easy to be scum and set definitions for how you act as town or scum and then act the way you would as town, so town shouldn't be trusting those definitions, or you.

Also who is thor
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Flairs »

In post 258, Impoetic wrote:oh shoot i messed up sorry

pedit:
In post 243, Flairs wrote:So I'm going to VOTE: rb now for two reasons:

1)
In post 141, rb wrote:Since scum winrate actually goes up when you lynch scum day1, im not inclined to drag out this day forever and get everyone super anal retentive trying to find that perfect golden win. I'm honestly willing to just lynch robb right now and call it a day.
Somehow I missed this quote earlier, but it's like rb is using some higher authority to argue that we shouldn't be trying that hard to find scum.

2) I kind of hate the defenses were it's "I wouldn't do x if I was scum, I do x when I'm town" because a) there isn't really a clear way to verify it- yes, you can look at past games but it's all perspective really, something that one player might think is toxic might not be and b) it's very easy to be scum and set definitions for how you act as town or scum and then act the way you would as town, so town shouldn't be trusting those definitions, or you.

Also who is thor
Actually flairs, what do you think about cloudkicker? it looks like you're talking about the guy who asked the question and voting him without answering his question.

Also your case is really unnecessarily generalized here. I'll go check if it's normal for you to do as town but right now it feels like you're squirming out of any accountability for your read. It also reminds me of what I feel scum tend to do in EM games when asked to give reads; instead of saying "this person's scummy because they did this and it seems scum" they like to justify their reads by either talking about why the person is doing something they dislike, emotionally, or just listing something like "lurking" as a reason that they didn't come up with in that one game, and therefore didn't have to actually consider the specific person's *alignment* to come up with. I don't know if this sounds coherent or not, but my point is that you did both of these things in your explanation that resemble this.
Sorry if I got this wrong, but didn't I list 2 things that rb had done that seemed scum to me, which was one of the things you listed as townie? This paragraph just seems kinda contradictory to me- if you want to expand/argue against that might be a bit helpful.

I think cloudkicker makes a lot of claims but doesn't really give much explanation for them (ex. posts 65, 152, 153) which almost feels townie, as if he doesn't need to explain himself because he knows it's right, which I don't like but also don't think scum would do. Going to look into them more tomorrow morning after sleep.

Also sorry but what was rb's question? I don't see him asking me anywhere prior to this post?
rb wrote:So flairs, how is a) arguing we shouldn't try hard as opposed to, "I think I've found scum but won't agonize over it and drag out the day and demotivate everyone"?
Uh it feels like something scum would do- we've got two weeks for day 1 and scum would probably want to lynch a townie the first chance they got so that there's less a chance of one of them being lynched. So if you were scum you'd be trying to push a town lynch early in the game.
rb wrote:b) same question as to myko, since this is basically just the same thing myko said - how does one respond to an accusation about their meta without clarifying their meta?

I didn't go out of my way to pre-explain myself as having high toxicity as town and then going and being toxic. Myko brought it up. Also, my wiki page has been like that for much longer than I've had my role PM for this game, so again - how is that relevant to my alignment here?
Well see that's the point, the fact that you have these preset definitions and expectations means you know what people are looking for when they look for town!rb, so you would have the abity to act the way town!rb would and have some sort of higher authority back you up on the fact that you're "town" when really you're scum (sorry dense sentance just tell me if I need to clarify)
Alao, you wouldn't have to respond to accusations about your meta if you didn't try to defend yourself with it in the first place.
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:37 pm

Post by Flairs »

In post 293, rb wrote:
Flair wrote:Uh it feels like something scum would do- we've got two weeks for day 1 and scum would probably want to lynch a townie the first chance they got so that there's less a chance of one of them being lynched. So if you were scum you'd be trying to push a town lynch early in the game.
Wtf? Just...no?

Scum almost always stall out the unnecessarily long deadlines and are responsible for so many lost games on this site because town never gains any momentum. Games grind to a halt and people lose focus/interest which is the death of town functioning.

There's a reason that this site has shit town winrates with super long deadlines compared to a lot of places with very short deadlines.
Oh that's interesting, in my experience (in two newbie games, so it might not be so credible) whenever someone has tried to lynch early they're pegged as scum. And I feel like logically, scum would want to keep the day as short as possible so they say as little as possible that could potentially point towards them being scum.
rb wrote:I think you're very wrong on some stuff but I actually think your 'mindset' is correct for town. Your engagement + activity is 10x better than myko for example.
Can I ask what prompted this read change? Just 6 posts prior you lynched me and were scum reading me pretty hard.
In post 365, Impoetic wrote:@flairs: rb asked the entire game what our thoughts on cloudkicker were right before you voted him. It struck me as weird that you overlooked the most recent posts by the person you were explaining your vote on just then.

The point I was trying to make wasn’t that mafia doesn’t give reasons for their reads, its that their reasons tend to be dodgy in a way that resembles both of the ones you gave. In lieu of any genuine search for alignments they tend to cite something someone said that they call antitown or annoying, and they tend to bring up generalized tells rather than focusing on the individual situation.

It just seemed like, for all the explanation you were doing, it sounded to me like you were mostly trying to paint a picture of yourself scumhunting rather than sincerely looking for his alignment.
Oh sorry, I didn't realize cloudkicker asked that.

I agree that I was broad, but that was on purpose- I was hoping that by giving a large example it would be easier to understand/see the connection I saw /w scummy actions and rb.

And then other cloudkicker stuff: So I read through his iso, and half of it is sarcasm and the other half is statements with little evidence backed up, and it's kind of hard to tell between the two. I'm not entirely sure if this is scummy or just his playstyle, since there aren't many other people who have pointed it out. I originally thought that not explaining was a town move, but after Impoetic's explanation of town vs. scum explanations I'm not so sure.
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:31 am

Post by Flairs »

Hey Transcend, do you think you could explain some of your scum/townreads in more depth
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:48 pm

Post by Flairs »

@ Transcend, you keep saying I'm scummy but you never say why or what I've done that makes me scummy. Want to explain/give evidence?

@ rb, you keep flipping me from scum to town, scum to town and only in the last few pages have you stuck with scum, how come?
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:01 pm

Post by Flairs »

Except I can't argue against my entrance/last wallpost being bad unless I know exactly what you thought was scummy about it which puts me at a disadvantage, and I'm waiting for Transcend and cloudkicker to either a) answer a question or b) post something that I can dig into.

As for the second post, I'm not going to get heated like you and robb did because I actually want to understand your view of this game. If you're scum, I want you to say things that i can use in the future, I'm trying to grind you for you "reads" on purpose because scum don't have reads. And hey, maybe you'll end up saying something super town and I'll change my mind before it'a too late.

Also, why in the world would I keep pushing you if I thought you were town, I'm pretty sure that would be gamethrowing
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Post by Flairs »

Why do you say that, instead of answer my question? It's the second time you've done it all game.
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1192 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:46 pm

Post by Flairs »

Jesus ok that was a lot to read through. I'm not going to make an entire wallpost on my thoughts because whose going to read it, but here are my major thoughts/reads based on the last 15 pages or so that I missed

Scum
: Boonskiies and Project Matt
Transcend
rb
Town
: Nicol

Anyy questions
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Post by Flairs »

Oops sorry I put projectmatt in the wrong place, I townread them

Scumreading you because you do an insane amount of sheeping, and also rb is a leaning town read not a scum read

Here is this format easier:
Boonskiies (scum read)
Transcend (scum read but not as much as Boon)
rb (neutral leaning town)
Nicol (town)
projectmatt (town)
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:21 pm

Post by Flairs »

pretty positive, I set it up so that I'd have my scumreads at the top and townreads at the bottom and yhen everything would fill in in between but you got confused by it so I changed it

Ok I can do that VOTE: Boonskiies

PEDIT: uh, ok?
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:22 pm

Post by Flairs »

Wanna tell me why you scumread me

PEDIT: what I'm so confused what are you trying to do
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:30 pm

Post by Flairs »

Just wondering, are you ever going to tell me why you think I'm scummy or
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:55 pm

Post by Flairs »

ok that's fair, I get that
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Flairs »

@Transcend refutation time: I don't think I was more worried about how other's percieve me this game then normal, althlugh I kept asking you why you thought I was scum was because it was annying me how you kept making claims but never expanding/explaining them and I just wanted to hear some evidence or reasoning for once

Also I wasn't really on the rb wagon any longer than most players were, I just didn't unvote when i went on L/VA which is probably like it seems like I was
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:35 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 1278, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1192, Flairs wrote:I'm not going to make an entire wallpost on my thoughts because whose going to read it,
Maybe not a wallpost, but a sentence or two blurb on each one I would definitely read.
In short, Boon did a lot of unessecary self meta defense, projectmatt and rb argued for way too long (and I'm beginning to think that there is something about interacting with rb that is making players explode but that's not related to the game) but it felt very town v town because of rb's righteousness and projectmatt's reaction
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 1293, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1290, gerryoat wrote:VOTE: TellTaleHeart

this is scum
I'm not getting lynched.
If you're going to vanity wagon, at least do something readable please.
oh wait, that's what vanity wagon means?

Then yeah, to add to my refutal@Transcend, of course I got defensive I hate these things because it's like you put no effort into it or try to scumhunt, you just pick a random person and then come up with an explanation later, or you've found scum but you've decided that for some reason everyone else doesn't need to know why which irks me
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:35 pm

Post by Flairs »

@ TellTaleHeart
Spoiler: Boon selfmeta
In post 981, Boonskiies wrote:Honestly, if I was scum, I would have been soft crumbing for one of the PR's by now.
In post 1023, Boonskiies wrote:
I am SO MUCH MORE consistent as scum than my town games. Lol.
In post 1028, Boonskiies wrote:People hate me when I'm town for at least part of every town game I'm in.
In post 1086, Boonskiies wrote:
Apparently, when I'm scum, I come across as incredibly genuine. The mods said that before that game started even, haha.
In post 1173, Boonskiies wrote:Like, if I was scum, I could have voted you waaaaay earlier and nobody would have batted an eye. I wouldn't have needed this setup you speak of.

He uses so much self meta defense but then defends himself by discrediting his meta
In post 1144, Boonskiies wrote:Like, your entire case is reliant on something that I definitely would do as town.

And then this is kinda funny just to point out (although kind of understandable)
In post 873, Boonskiies wrote:
I actually don't like meta cases in general, unless it's based off a good amount of games that said player has played with the person they're making a meta case on. Not strong enough meta cases are made so often and usually leads to mislynches.
In post 1035, Boonskiies wrote:
I self meta every game; you should know this by now, haha.
Also, he's really defensive and a little skittish in and for no reason
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1345 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:03 am

Post by Flairs »

Wow commitment
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 1368, Boonskiies wrote:I mean, those post Flairs linked of mine show he didn't read the thread. He said I got self defensive for no reason? I had a damn reason. I was constantly saying stuff, project said I was ignoring, and then he continuously ignored my stuff. Like, that was even in the posts he linked.
It seemed pretty unnesecary to me, project was in the middle of a discussion with rb and wouldn't've had the chance to respond to you let alone read through the topics you had linked. And he even acknowledged that you posted and he would respond just a few posts later, all within 6 minutes of your first posting of the links.

And no I'm not from EpicMafia I'm just really new
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:20 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 1372, TellTaleHeart wrote:How do you have Nicol as town, then?
It's partially that their posts seem genuine, but also that I have yet to see anything scummy from them- I'm on phone right now but once I get home I can pull up some quotes from them that read as town
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:09 am

Post by Flairs »

@ TellTaleHeart- , although I don't particularly like it, seems genuine and town to me because why would mafia point that out- also, no EM players as far as I can tell have read her as scum, which means she probably does this a lot when she's town [post]

@ Boon- I understand where you get the hypocrisy from, but project hadn't even begun to respond to you- I think that the hypocrisy would be a much greater deal if he had responded to you and clearly ignored those points. Also, the timing the timing the timing, it all happened within 6 minutes and within those 6 minutes you posted, posted again, and then immediately assumed that he was ignoring you and got defensive from it. Also in response to your other question, TTH wanted evidence of your selfmeta so I supplied.

Also give me a second for defense since I'm at L-2
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:16 am

Post by Flairs »

Well fuck I can't figure out any other way around this seeing as I'm at L-2, I'm cop don't lynch me
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:17 pm

Post by Flairs »

In post 1388, Boonskiies wrote:That's my point, Flairs. He hadn't even begun. He wasn't even reading my posts. It's not a matter of him coming about and going "say, now I'll respond." Like, I was in the middle of a conversation with him and he completely just went about it. That's not even the point. You're defending him; not making a scum case on me. Why the hell does a fucking scum read come about from that?
Look, I've read through the pages multiple times and I still don't read it like that, but ok. Also it doesn't warrant an entire scum read it was that on top of the excessive self-meta which I already addressed. Anyways, I'll get off your wagon for now though UNVOTE:
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (isolation #27) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Flairs »

Is Transcend always like this in every game
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1776 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by Flairs »

I was jailed
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Post by Flairs »

I'm good with lynching Transcend but I kinda want to see some sort of a counter before I vote just in case
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:42 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 1796, Transcend wrote:VOTE: boon

alk to me about dunk someone

his iso looks really lamist

like he's trying to look town more than actually solve the game.
see it's posts like these that make me read Transcend as scum, he votes one way to go with the crowd and then instead of explaining his vote he tries to push someone else
rb wrote:Flairs is by far the most important slot in the game rn. Ur conftown until cc'd, so you need to powertown pls and ty
I'll probably get this wrong because powertown is nowhere in the wiki, but I mean I can try being aggressive np and yw
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1935 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:55 am

Post by Flairs »

hey I just got home give me a little while to sort through the pages and stuff
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1954 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Flairs »

Thoughts because I'm supposed to be "powertowning" or whatever that means

Spoiler: Transcend
- You're so skitterish and sheepy
- Keep talking about wagons yet you the way you flit from one to another is suspicious yourself
- was helpful but a lot of perspective displayed as facts so maybe not so much
- You keep moving around from Boon, gerryoat, impoetic, and dunker as if you can never really figure out which one is easiest to push (it may just be your playstyle though)
- Speaking of moving around, you change votes on day one nearly every or every other vote count until you settle on one for a little while with MariaR (who then gets replaced and Boon isn't having the Impoetic lynch at all), and then it continues to flit around again. Your reads stay somewhat consistent, but you have many many scumreads of various degrees that you keep jumping around
- How exactly is Creature conftown?

Spoiler: Boonskiies
- once again the selfmeta that was aforementioned
- he's very cool and collected up until when something sort of flips and he's suddenly very defensive (also aforementioned)
- I get this weird gut read from him that I think isn't actually gut but comes from the fact that he suddenly starts interjecting "Lol" and "haha" and sometimes "Lel" into his posts after someone scumreads him- look at his iso, start from (which is 40 in his ISO) and read, he says it once every few posts

Spoiler: Creature

- I don't really see him making many any original reads or posting any original ideas. He mostly sheeps or makes these posts that are a) broad questions to everyone in the game i.e. Anyone else there besides Boon, Trans and me? or do you think projectmatt could be scum?, b) clarifying questions like Durker has two votes (Boon, Trans), right?, c) blatant statements like I literally forgot Impoetic existed, or d) things that agree with things that others have said. But essentially nothing with substance or anything that contributes to finding scum. Seeimingly just trying to coast along.
- So how exactly are people reading him as obvtown??

Spoiler: gerryoat
- Explains his votes maybe once? (actually, just once, I read through his iso)
- The exact same problem I had with Transcend and not explaining
- EXPLAIN MORE I'm going to be pushing you on this
- I'd be ok with a vote on this slot if it came to that

[Other: Why is Transcend pushing someone for the reasons I was pushing him? A little weird]

Spoiler: GraphicDesignPassion
- I kind of like this slot honestly, I read as town leaning
- Not complete town though just because it wouldn't be too hard for scum to fake what I say below
- Doesn't post enough but when they do it's not random fluff
- provides plenty of evidence for their reads (yay evidence!!!)

Spoiler: rb
- well explained well reasoned reads and fairly transparent
- too willing to take Transcend under his wing (not a fan of )
- I've kind of put it aside the arguments as just his style of playing but jesus two in a single day

Spoiler: Nicol
- I'm putting her aside as town
- WIsh she would post more but I have yet to see her really called out by any EM players as scum so I assume this is the usual way she plays

Spoiler: dunkerdoodles
-POST MORE STOP SHEEPING STOP LURKING
- although more recent posts have been helpful

I tried to cop them last night (not Boon, was hoping that we could hash that out during the day)

Spoiler: TellTaleHeart
- I like this slot, am going to go Town for now
- Leads are explained for the most part
- They ask good questions but they don't follow up on all of them which I'm slightly worried about but the questions I have in mind weren't really trapping questions, more informative

Spoiler: projectmatt
- Townie imo
- unfortunately got trapped in an argument with rb, but the way they reacted seemed very town
- reads with evidence and reasoning(YAY)

Wow that was a lot of ISOs. Sorry I kind of started petering off at the end so they aren't quite as thorough as the ones at the top

PEDIT: anything that happened between my last post and wasn't including I didn't read it
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1955 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:36 am

Post by Flairs »

sorry I screwed up creature's spoiler so it's inside of Boon's, posting it here anyways:
- I don't really see him making many any original reads or posting any original ideas. He mostly sheeps or makes these posts that are a) broad questions to everyone in the game i.e. Anyone else there besides Boon, Trans and me? or do you think projectmatt could be scum?, b) clarifying questions like Durker has two votes (Boon, Trans), right?, c) blatant statements like I literally forgot Impoetic existed, or d) things that agree with things that others have said. But essentially nothing with substance or anything that contributes to finding scum. Seeimingly just trying to coast along.
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2126 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:43 am

Post by Flairs »

Can I just say that the last like 6 or 7 pages are insanely dense and have made very little progression in anything and I really do not know what to do now
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2194 (isolation #35) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Flairs »

shit I'm sorry guys family problems I'll be LVA till Tuesday I think maybe hopefully earlier hopefully not any later
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2346 (isolation #36) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Post by Flairs »

I'm back, will do a read through now
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2347 (isolation #37) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:07 pm

Post by Flairs »

Two things:

- I'm not entirely sure if lynching Transcend today is our best bet
- Transcend can you please please give me evidence of Creature being scum that isn't meta
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2393 (isolation #38) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Flairs »

Sorry but I think I'm might go lynch Dunker in a bit

How many of you guys have read the ISO that Graph posted
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2397 (isolation #39) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Flairs »

Guys it's literally yes or no- have you read Dunker's ISO (or the entire game or skimmed some of it) from the game that Graph linked?

PEDIT: Ok thanks Impoe, what are your thoughts on it

rb and the rest of town?
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2486 (isolation #40) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:45 pm

Post by Flairs »

Well [lynch]dunkerdoodles[/lynch]
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2505 (isolation #41) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:03 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 2486, Flairs wrote:Well [lynch]dunkerdoodles[/lynch]
oh I screwed up the tag VOTE: dunkerdoodles
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2571 (isolation #42) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:39 am

Post by Flairs »

How is Dunk just bad town
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2629 (isolation #43) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:20 am

Post by Flairs »

Here are my reads, they haven't really changed much. And I targeted dunker btw. (I screwed up so creature is inside of Boonskiies)
In post 1954, Flairs wrote:Thoughts because I'm supposed to be "powertowning" or whatever that means

Spoiler: Transcend
- You're so skitterish and sheepy
- Keep talking about wagons yet you the way you flit from one to another is suspicious yourself
- was helpful but a lot of perspective displayed as facts so maybe not so much
- You keep moving around from Boon, gerryoat, impoetic, and dunker as if you can never really figure out which one is easiest to push (it may just be your playstyle though)
- Speaking of moving around, you change votes on day one nearly every or every other vote count until you settle on one for a little while with MariaR (who then gets replaced and Boon isn't having the Impoetic lynch at all), and then it continues to flit around again. Your reads stay somewhat consistent, but you have many many scumreads of various degrees that you keep jumping around
- How exactly is Creature conftown?

Spoiler: Boonskiies
- once again the selfmeta that was aforementioned
- he's very cool and collected up until when something sort of flips and he's suddenly very defensive (also aforementioned)
- I get this weird gut read from him that I think isn't actually gut but comes from the fact that he suddenly starts interjecting "Lol" and "haha" and sometimes "Lel" into his posts after someone scumreads him- look at his iso, start from (which is 40 in his ISO) and read, he says it once every few posts

Spoiler: gerryoat
- Explains his votes maybe once? (actually, just once, I read through his iso)
- The exact same problem I had with Transcend and not explaining
- EXPLAIN MORE I'm going to be pushing you on this
- I'd be ok with a vote on this slot if it came to that

[Other: Why is Transcend pushing someone for the reasons I was pushing him? A little weird]

Spoiler: GraphicDesignPassion
- I kind of like this slot honestly, I read as town leaning
- Not complete town though just because it wouldn't be too hard for scum to fake what I say below
- Doesn't post enough but when they do it's not random fluff
- provides plenty of evidence for their reads (yay evidence!!!)

Spoiler: rb
- well explained well reasoned reads and fairly transparent
- too willing to take Transcend under his wing (not a fan of )
- I've kind of put it aside the arguments as just his style of playing but jesus two in a single day

Spoiler: Nicol
- I'm putting her aside as town
- WIsh she would post more but I have yet to see her really called out by any EM players as scum so I assume this is the usual way she plays

Spoiler: dunkerdoodles
-POST MORE STOP SHEEPING STOP LURKING
- although more recent posts have been helpful

I tried to cop them last night (not Boon, was hoping that we could hash that out during the day)

Spoiler: TellTaleHeart
- I like this slot, am going to go Town for now
- Leads are explained for the most part
- They ask good questions but they don't follow up on all of them which I'm slightly worried about but the questions I have in mind weren't really trapping questions, more informative

Spoiler: projectmatt
- Townie imo
- unfortunately got trapped in an argument with rb, but the way they reacted seemed very town
- reads with evidence and reasoning(YAY)

Wow that was a lot of ISOs. Sorry I kind of started petering off at the end so they aren't quite as thorough as the ones at the top

PEDIT: anything that happened between my last post and wasn't including I didn't read it
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2630 (isolation #44) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:22 am

Post by Flairs »

Actually my dunkerdoodles read did change after reading his iso in this game (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72179 ), I'm now scumreading him pretty hard
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2820 (isolation #45) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:14 am

Post by Flairs »

oh my lordy *rubs temples* that was difficult to get through, and I've read through rb vs robbvna and rb vs projectmatt
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3434 (isolation #46) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Flairs »

WOW that's a lot of pages reading now, gonna take a while
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3444 (isolation #47) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Flairs »

In post 2941, rb wrote:I could lynch Dunker, but only if 4 separate people say, "I really really think Dunker is scum"
I really really think Dunker is scum

- Also it's a bit late now but Boon keeps dodging/deflecting everything that projectmatt says and it's irritating and I don't care if you scumread them Impoetic isn't it at least worth it so you can find more proof that they're scum you ignoring them because you think they're scum seems so scummy

- Also if anyone cares the only things that have really changed about my reads since the beginning of the day is that Dunker is now way more scummy then Transcend is. I still scum read him Transcend Boon (transcend a bit less)

- also I've been going for too long just guessing what these words meaning, what is a pocket and what is a tunnel (someone explain please and thank you)

- I don't read you as town Transcend you're too wishy washy flippy floppy but you're no longer a strong scumread, I'm fairly null on you atm

- Also something is up with Transcend/rb flipping suddenly and going along with Boonskiies ( to the bottom of the page is just fucking confusing in terms of progression, one second yall hate each other and then Transcend flips votes and rb is willing to follow? Like what happened there)

- AND THEN SUDDENLY WE'VE GOT ANOTHER FLIP FLOP THING OF VOTES TOWARDS DUNKER. not that I'm complaining I've had a vote on him for so long but yet again it's Transcend rb and Boonskiies I don't really know what to make of this trio relationship thingy but I don't like it

-Also. It's a fucking game of Mafia. Why are you all so worked up. It won't matter in a few months once it's over. Please, please don't tell me that every game is like this.
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3449 (isolation #48) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by Flairs »

In post 3447, Boonskiies wrote:@Flairs - I'm not dodging anything. I've addressed everything he stated, despite what he's said, so I'm kind of just done speaking there. If I ever get to a computer, I'll do a big post, but yeah.
If I pull up a bunch of things you haven't answered, will you answer them (or link to where you did answer them on the off chance I missed it)
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3459 (isolation #49) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Flairs »

After this, where you say that all of project's posts are arguments for you being Town, not Scum, and project challenges it, you go on a completely different' path.
In post 2711, projectmatt wrote:
In post 2709, Boonskiies wrote:See, you are stating all of that, and it sounds like you're making a scum case, but to me, it looks like a town case on me.
okay, show me how the points that im making point to you being town. i'm listening.
You make a giant post () is just a giant block about how none of his posts are even valid because you've completely destroyed all of them, and not once do you talk about how they point towards you being town.

And then add a link to someone's three line analysis of your meta. And good god I hate meta so much at this point because from where I see it, it doesn't. mean. anything. when you are aware of it and can control what you do.

And then there's this:
In post 2723, projectmatt wrote: What about your wishy-washy read on Impoetic that changes every time Impoetic changes her own read on you? Why haven't you explained your thought process about that?

What about you outing your jailkeeper read for the entire game to read for no reason?

What about your incredibly confident reads with no substance behind them? It doesn't matter if you're a big-ego player - having 100% confidence with no reasoning isn't something that any good town player would do.

And sure, you can chalk up some of these things to personality traits - but that's why I'm ASKING YOU to show me examples in other games where those personality traits are similar. I'm asking you to explain what I find bad about you, but you're hiding behind a "no, you!" defense.
You answer NONE OF THESE. Instead, you say
In post 2724, Boonskiies wrote:I am 100% your biggest threat in this game, Project. You need me lynched if scum have any chance at winning this game, and you know it.
In post 2725, Boonskiies wrote:See, you are assuming I'm a "good" town player. You even admitted it. I'm good at catching scum. I'm a selfish as fuck town player, which is not good. There's a difference.
Which doesn't even refute ANY of the 4 questions he asks you.

project tries to get you to answer, but instead, you respond with yet another "you have nothing, you outline nothing, your points make no sense" (it's folks if you want to read it). Please, Boon, tell me how the 3 questions he asks you do not outline your scum behavior at all.

Then you refute saying that the link you posted already disproved every single one of them. How the hell does it refute it.

Boon, this is one of the main things contributing to your scumread. If you can respond to those 3 questions adequetley WITHOUT USING SELF-META then I can let this go (unless I find something else).
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3460 (isolation #50) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by Flairs »

In post 3457, GraphicDesignPassion wrote:
In post 3155, Transcend wrote:AWFKS:L FJSDL FKS"DF
sf
SF
S
F
SD
FS
FWKEF:LSL"
FSK
FSD
FSE
RKW"EFK
SKF
QWKR
QKF
EK
WEK
WKE
WKE
FKLWE
O I AHVE NEVER BEEN SO FUCKING PISSED OFF AT A STUPID FMAIFAIAM AGAMEM EEVER
fake
W.
H.
Y.

expain. your. thought. process. for. fucks. sake.
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3470 (isolation #51) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by Flairs »

In post 3463, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 2729, Boonskiies wrote:No, you didn't just outline stuff. You actually literally have nothing. I have disproven time and time again literally any kind of case you throw at me. And instead of actually defending yourself you just state I've been doing a "No, you!" Defense which is NOT what this is. You have perspective slipped over and over. When your case is literally disproven right in front of you, it's absolutely not a "No, you!" Defense. You aren't making cases on me. You are grasping for straws, and nothing is there. There's nothing for me to go "No, you!" About because there isn't anything you are pushing on me besides "oh, he sounds fake." K. Idgaf if you think I "sound fake". When I flip town, you're entire "he sounded fake" thing is completely bull shit.
See, Flairs. If you would just look at the next page, I commented on it. There's definitely even more responses, I just don't do it on order, and I multi post.
... please tell me you read that nice large post I just posted. I know you posted 2729 because I addressed it in my post.

You didn't answer the questions, Boon. Not as far as I can see. I don't care what he's pushing I don't care if it's scummy and for the first time (and probably the last) I don't care why you think he's scummy. You say the points aren't accurate enough to address? Well point out where it's not accurate in your response. I just want you to answer the questions. You can even copy paste from previous pages if you must. Look, I made you a template!!!!!

BOONSKIIES' RESPONSE

projectmatt
:What about your wishy-washy read on Impoetic that changes every time Impoetic changes her own read on you? Why haven't you explained your thought process about that?

Boonskiies
:

projectmatt
:What about you outing your jailkeeper read for the entire game to read for no reason?

Boonskiies
:

projectmatt
:What about your incredibly confident reads with no substance behind them? It doesn't matter if you're a big-ego player - having 100% confidence with no reasoning isn't something that any good town player would do.

Boonskiies
:
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3479 (isolation #52) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Flairs »

Oh I understand that part, I'm waiting for you to respond to "What about you outing your jailkeeper read for the entire game to read for no reason?"
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3490 (isolation #53) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Flairs »

Is anyone online and available to answer a quick question
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3492 (isolation #54) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by Flairs »

No it's not my questions are what is tunneling and what is pocketing
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3496 (isolation #55) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Flairs »

thank y'all very much some of these posts make a lot more sense now
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3505 (isolation #56) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Flairs »

aaand here we go ok cool I'm not nervous are you nervous yeah it's definitely you it's not me being nervous ok let's do this um

(also in order of your points Impoetic
- I can understand that
- O
- thanks; I looked on the wiki but I couldn't find it so I figured I might as well just ask
- ah)
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3529 (isolation #57) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:15 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 3507, Impoetic wrote:
In post 3505, Flairs wrote:aaand here we go ok cool I'm not nervous are you nervous yeah it's definitely you it's not me being nervous ok let's do this um

(also in order of your points Impoetic
- I can understand that
- O
- thanks; I looked on the wiki but I couldn't find it so I figured I might as well just ask
- ah)
those are some brilliant responses but i'm so sad you saw through to my nerves flairs-senpai >_____<
thx they're amazing and I'm practically psychic at this point so
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3597 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:09 am

Post by Flairs »

I copped Boon, he came up as mafia

Lynch Boonskiies
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3603 (isolation #59) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:14 am

Post by Flairs »

Oh whoops sorry I'm so used to saying lynch not vote

VOTE: Boonskiies

PEDIT: So I can use lynch/vote interchangabley?
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3610 (isolation #60) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:15 am

Post by Flairs »

Oh yeah I don't play on EM but I play elsewhere where they say Lynch to vote, not Vote

Good to know, will keep in mind for future
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3631 (isolation #61) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 3624, Boonskiies wrote:Flairs picked the right person to gamble with; it's just unfortunate that I happened to be the JK. I thought it was pretty blatant too. But he wasn't super active, so it makes sense.

@Flairs - just go through with my lynch. Hopefully this game shows you not to fake guilties. I did a similar thing when I was first starting out.
Ok look I get that you're trying to discredit me but did you have to use the newbie card
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3633 (isolation #62) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Flairs »

Although actually to use it back at you, I can't exactly fake a reaction test because I'm not entirely sure what one is ?
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4825 (isolation #63) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:35 am

Post by Flairs »

Hey cool, that was a lot of fun :) (also for the record, I completely believed the pjm/boon scum theater while I was alive, so kudos for that even if it didn't work out in the end)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”