Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Muffin »

AlmasterGM wrote:
archaebob wrote:oh, and i found the scum buddy as well.

HOS Gamma Gooey
for that idiotic comment about Jigglypuff being superior.

There, game over we win. Now let's bandwagon and lynch these scumbags.
God, you're annoying. I hope you get killed quickly.
Why does bob's post annoy you so much? What would you prefer he have done/said?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:40 am

Post by Gammagooey »

AlmasterGM wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:Hey guys, first game I've played on here, so I'll start this off with a
Vote:AlmasterGM
for having a Pikachu avatar when Jigglypuff is clearly superior.
Ok, seriously - how did you know I had a Pikachu avatar when I haven't made any posts in the thread yet? The fact that you posses this information means you went and looked at past games of the other players in this game, which is an extremely stretchy move as town when you're only on page one. NOBODY does that. I think it's more likely that you're scum scoping out your victims so you know how to avoid their scumhunting techniques.

Serious
Vote: Gammagooey
Who said the RVS wasn't useful?
Hey Almaster, you know how in just about every forum people bitch at you if you don't lurk before posting? I read through some games before signing up for my first one, and saw you in one of them.

A question though for you: I can understand being hostile at me because you think I'm scummy, but what's with your comment on archae? He seems to be agreeing with you, and you single him out and hope he dies first. What exactly is that about?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

You missed something important. It wasn't die. It was killed.

Now, semantics blah blah but - why would one assume killed over lynched?

There's one reason that sure springs to mind. Guess what it is?

Unvote, Vote: AlmasterGM
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:58 am

Post by MordyS »

AlmasterGM wrote:Ok, seriously - how did you know I had a Pikachu avatar when I haven't made any posts in the thread yet? The fact that you posses this information means you went and looked at past games of the other players in this game, which is an extremely stretchy move as town when you're only on page one. NOBODY does that. I think it's more likely that you're scum scoping out your victims so you know how to avoid their scumhunting techniques.

Serious Vote: Gammagooey Who said the RVS wasn't useful?
Researching fellow players before you start playing is absolutely not scummy. Making a serious vote based on it is bizarre, and sounds like railroading the newbie. Also, I find early bandwagons help clarify people's positions, so this couples a good reason (your quote above), with a good strategy (clarifying positions thru bandwagoning). As such:

Vote: AlmasterGM
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Muffin »

I'm inclined to agree with Spyrex and Mordy, actually.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:25 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

SpyreX wrote:You missed something important. It wasn't die. It was killed.

"Killed" is all-inclusive - it could be night-killed, day-killed, mod-killed, or lynched (which is a form of killing). I don't discriminate. It's ironic that you say "semantics blah blah" and then proceed to MAKE a semantics argument - bit of a contradiction, no?
MordyS wrote:Researching fellow players before you start playing is absolutely not scummy. Making a serious vote based on it is bizarre, and sounds like railroading the newbie. Also, I find early bandwagons help clarify people's positions, so this couples a good reason (your quote above), with a good strategy (clarifying positions thru bandwagoning). As such:

Vote: AlmasterGM
It absolutely is scummy - Town don't read up on all the other players in the game
before the game has even started.
That is a scum move. What is absolutely more scummy, though, is this "bandwagons early good" argument you are presenting. It has the opposite effect of what you say it does - rather than clarify where people stand, it lets everyone hide in the mob and brings us dangerously close to an early lynch based on practically nothing. Terrible plan.
Muffin wrote:I'm inclined to agree with Spyrex and Mordy, actually.
Welcome to the bandwagon. Have a nice time buddying.
Gammagooey wrote:Hey Almaster, you know how in just about every forum people bitch at you if you don't lurk before posting? I read through some games before signing up for my first one, and saw you in one of them.

A question though for you: I can understand being hostile at me because you think I'm scummy, but what's with your comment on archae? He seems to be agreeing with you, and you single him out and hope he dies first. What exactly is that about?
Yeah whatever, your excuse is noted. There's bigger fish to fry at this point anyway, like Mordy. As far as archae goes, I don't care whether he agrees with me or not - people agreeing with me doesn't make me like them. Moreover, as you should know if you've read some of my past games, I judge quickly and with extreme prejudice.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:36 am

Post by archaebob »

Alamaster, how many games have you played? Can you provide some meta links?
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:37 am

Post by archaebob »

EBWOP: "Almaster", sorry
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:38 am

Post by archaebob »

@ Muffin - I'm actually still wondering what you were referring to if you asked me if I was serious.
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:44 am

Post by archaebob »

@EBWOP (again) - "when" you asked me if I was serious.
"Just asking, jeez..."
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:49 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

archaebob wrote:EBWOP: "Almaster", sorry
You are SO lucky you corrected that. Past game history is in my wiki.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Gammagooey »

AlmasterGM wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:Hey Almaster, you know how in just about every forum people bitch at you if you don't lurk before posting? I read through some games before signing up for my first one, and saw you in one of them.

Yeah whatever, your excuse is noted. There's bigger fish to fry at this point anyway, like Mordy. As far as archae goes, I don't care whether he agrees with me or not - people agreeing with me doesn't make me like them. Moreover, as you should know if you've read some of my past games, I judge quickly and with extreme prejudice.
Almaster the game I read with you in it was Stratego mafia, and you definitely weren't this aggressive in there, is there a different game in particular I should be reading to see this prejudice you speak of?

And on archae, unless you two have pissed each other off in the past I don't see why two or three un-serious posts would tick you off that much. Answering muffin's question on why it did would be nice.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:04 am

Post by archaebob »

AGM - why would you assume that any town player would do what YOU would do? Especially considering that this is his first game, I find it difficult to follow your suspicion of him.
"Just asking, jeez..."
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:10 am

Post by cruelty »

Oh here I am. Sorry, timezones etc + working = L(ish)A over wed/thurs US time.

Anyway, I want my RV so
vote: Chinaman
for continuously being in all my mini-normal games.

Not sure if Almaster is serious or not, but when I first signed up to the site I read through a couple games before I played. If this is a serious case it's ridiculous.

Having said that, I agree that an early bandwagon is dangerous; that's exactly what scum want. Something they can hide in and hopefully push a mislynch through quickly. If that happens, town is immediately down 2 barring a lucky doctor save (which would be luck if this hypowagon moved quickly).
the nexus of the crisis
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:13 am

Post by MordyS »

@Archeobob: Try to keep your posts together if you can (especially one-liners like that).
AlmasterGM wrote:It absolutely is scummy - Town don't read up on all the other players in the game before the game has even started. That is a scum move.
AWESOME! Let's do this.

Why? Why is reading people's history before a game a scum move? Here's why it can be a town move: It helps you read people's tells, which you only need to know how to do if you're town, as scum already knows who everyone is. Claiming that it's a scum move because he needs to know how people scumhunt is totally inane and worthless. I've never met scum who benefit from figuring out how town scumhunt (if you can even pin down something so ephemeral). And finally: If he's a newb, and his claim is easily verifiable, then you're totally wrong. The fact that you're continuing to push this line of reasoning I find ridiculously scummy.

Honestly, I was pushing on something that was maybe a 2 out of 10 on the scummy scale. But the way you've pushed back has brought you up to a six or seven. And that's why bandwagons can be valuable. They get flustered scum to start saying bizarre things.

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:20 am

Post by MordyS »

EBWOP: Early bandwagons are valuable because they immediately start clarifying people's positions, put pressure on players, and force conversation. And in the rare case that someone hammers on the bandwagon, that indicates an instant-scum, since only scum would hammer 3 pages in. A bandwagon does not mean an inevitable lynch. Though considering AlmasterGM's statements so far this game, I wouldn't mind an inevitable lynch.

archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:31 am

Post by archaebob »

Almaster has played in several games. Not sure how he could actually think this was a good case just now.

unvote

vote Almaster

Btw, Muffin, I've still got my eyes on you. Almaster needs the vote right now, but always remember that you're still a pastry, and I WILL eat you before this game is over.
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:48 am

Post by foilist13 »

Hello hello.

What Almaster says about MordyS actually holds water. It makes sense, to me at least, for a town player to research a player they're suspicious of, but to go and look up everyone or even random people at the very beginning?

Vote:MordyS

Hello Archaebob and Muffin :)
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:54 am

Post by MordyS »

foilist13 wrote:What Almaster says about MordyS actually holds water. It makes sense, to me at least, for a town player to research a player they're suspicious of, but to go and look up everyone or even random people at the very beginning?
How is this possibly a scumtell? Seriously, please explain to me how scum is more likely to do this than town.

archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by archaebob »

Gammagooey wrote: Hey guys, first game I've played on here, so I'll start this off with a Vote:AlmasterGM for having a Pikachu avatar when Jigglypuff is clearly superior.
Something else of note: Gamma said nothing about checking out all the players, that was totally Almaster's made up assumption. The only thing we know is that Gamma has seen Almaster make at least ONE post in ONE other game. No conclusion about extensive researching, or checking out all the players, can be drawn from this. This doesn't even imply that he's looked up other players.

I'm finding AMG really out of line with this argument.
"Just asking, jeez..."
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by cruelty »

foilist13 wrote: It makes sense, to me at least, for a town player to research a player they're suspicious of, but to go and look up everyone or even random people at the very beginning?

@f13: Would you agree that it makes sense for a new player to read through some games before jumping into a game of his or her own?

As archaebob said, Almaster leaped to the assumptiong that Gamma researched [at least him, possibly all of us]. Gamme actually said nothing of the sort, so this is a point of massive misrepresentation.

@everyone (you don't need to reply, just think about it); did you register and immediately start playing in a game, or did you register and flick through a few games before you started playing?
the nexus of the crisis
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by MordyS »

cruelty wrote:@everyone (you don't need to reply, just think about it); did you register and immediately start playing in a game, or did you register and flick through a few games before you started playing?
You said it's rhetorical, but I wanted to answer it publicly. I started playing around April and I read about five to six full games before playing my first newbie game.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm kind of wondering why no one has actually asked me about this instead of just making assumptions. I'm going to go ahead and try to clear this up now.

I prefer to use Jigglypuff while playing SSBB, and Pikachu is also in the game, hence my original random vote post.

I saw that Almaster had a pikachu avatar in the Stratego game, and I read through several other themed games before signing up for this one, including Majora's mask, Mind Screw 3, and Advertising Mafia. (Before Almaster says it:I'm pretty sure Spyrex was in at least one of those too)

Almaster made the assumption that I was looking through people's old games once I knew that I was in the same game as them, and decided this was scummy of me.

Although he was right about me having read through one of his games, assuming that I was intentionally reading through games with other players from this game in them was pretty dumb assumption to make. As archae said, that means I've seen at least ONE other post of his. If you'll notice, the queue for this game has one post by Almaster, with a nice little pikachu avatar included.

Summary:I have read through Al's stratego mafia game before I knew I was playing with him, and just skimmed through it again today with him saying that he is always quick to judge people as scum/not scum. I did not look for player's games just because they were going to be in the same game as me. Almaster made an incorrect assumption about why I had seen his avatar, and seems to continue pushing on me based on this incorrect assumption.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by archaebob »

lexprod, why haven't you voted for someone? you've made one post, and disappeared. there are couple other people on here with only one post as well.

I'll forgive you for now, since this is literally the first day of the game, but everyone should know that I pay close attention to who is posting, and who isn't, and that lurking will draw more attention to themselves than just about anything else they could do.

Foilist, you need to explain how AGM's argument makes even the slightest bit of sense.
Spyrex wrote: You missed something important. It wasn't die. It was killed.

is this the primary reason you're voting for AGM right now?
"Just asking, jeez..."
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Heh, not me, I jumped right in my first newbie game fresh as a....well....something really fresh anyway. I actually don't even delve that deep into meta either. I can see a point in Meta, but with the way I play, I forget my role half the time. I've never been scum, so I can say as to whether or not I will play differently, but I have been a Serial Killer and I played exactly the same way as town. I don't read games I'm not in for sure and for the record, I can see both town and scum looking up people in the game before hand to see how many games they have been in, how that scum hunt, etc. The info is good for either party, it just depends on how into the game they wanna get. Me personally, I take each game as it comes. I have a good friend who is masterful at playing town and scum the exact same way. So yeah, long story short, I don't think looking up players before hand is a tell either way, and I think this argument is mostly town arguing with town with some scum mixed in. I would actually venture to say the biggest scumtell so far comes from Muffin who is "inclined to agree" nice and early so if the BW stays strong toward end of deadline, he can say "I said I agreed on p2!". It's an agreement without a vote, HoS, or FoS.

What you got to say about that Pastry-boy? If you're inclined to agree, where's your bolded statement of where you stand?
FoS: Muffin
(<----There's mine :P)
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”