Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Sotty7 »

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/TtmvVRhZNxj

Now we're even. Next game, lets team up and take over the world.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:04 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Sotty7 wrote:http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/TtmvVRhZNxj

Now we're even. Next game, lets team up and take over the world.
If we ever end up in a game together as individuals and are on the same side for once I heartily endorse this plan! :D
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:11 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I must admit, I quick hammered myself in an attempt to frame Locke (which I think lead to sotty roleblocking him N2) I knew Sotty had seen me self hammer before in a game when my scum buddy was asked questions in an attempt to cut off conversation and was hoping she would have picked up on it again.

Sorry, Locke ;)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:15 am

Jason your play in that doomed slot Day 2 was great in my eyes.

1. You drew vollkan's Weak Doc claim which could have been HUGE trouble long term if he was able to clear multiple Town.
2. Your quickhammer (and Erg0's subsequent self-hammer Day 4) both made it possible for me to put both Poro and Locke in the questionable portion of my VC analysis.

Good work there!

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:22 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

thanks... I just needa work on a way to confuse sotty when I play as scum! lol
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:36 am

Post by Incognito »

Final Mod Flavor
The end was coming nearer and nearer. It could be felt all around the town. I mean, the days were getting colder, the nights were getting even colder than that, and the town's numbers were dwindling sharply. Even though there wasn't a death last night, it was blatantly obvious that WHATEVER it was that was being warned about from the dog's note was extremely close to sealing the deal by finishing off the last few members of the town.

The last day seemed to have the least finger-pointing and accusations oddly enough. It really came down to two suspects: Porochaz and MagnaofIllusion. MagnaofIllusion was quick to claim that he couldn't have be a member of the evil mafia because he was hiding during the nights. Correction: he was hiding only on the even-numbered nights since the killings began. When asked why he only chose the even nights, he replied saying that since the first night had no death he figured the evil forces only wanted to kill during the even-numbered nights. Shady story but you all seemed to believe it. Porochaz was a bit less convincing. He was hung almost instantly and was found to be town.

Once again the night came - would there be a death tonight? The sad thing was there wasn't just one death this night. No. There were two. MagnaofIllusion bound up boberz and Locke Lamora using rope and hauled them to the town square. Just to show his appreciation, he decided to only use one bullet to kill the two of them. He stood them up back to back and let out a single bullet from his gun. The bullet pierced through boberz' heart, exited his back, and then pierced through Locke Lamora's back and through his heart also. A perfect shot by MOI. And that was the end of it.

....as for the dog. Well, after the final two killings, MagnaofIllusion decided to walk home. On his way home, he saw something on his porch. It was a pair of glowing blue eyes and what he thought was the outline of a dog's body. Then he heard barking and realized that it really WAS a dog. But as he got closer and closer, he became less sure - the eyes got dimmer and dimmer until the strange, evil flickering just went out completely. The dog seemed to vanish into thin air. When Magna got inside his house, he breathed a sigh of relief thinking that he was just imagining things until he felt a sharp pain running down his left leg. When he lifted up his pant leg to see where the pain was coming from, he noticed a nice, fresh pair of bite marks. Nothing inside the house indicated that a dog was there.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:36 am

Post by Incognito »

Role PMs

Town

6 Townies wrote:Hi. Welcome to /in-vitational 8. Please see your role PM below:

Role name:
Townie
Abilities:
You have no abilities.
Win condition:
You win when all anti-Town players are dead, and at least one member of the Town is alive.

Please confirm to me via PM stating your role name. Thanks.
Here is a link to the game thread: /in-vitational 8
1 Goon Cop wrote:Hi. Welcome to /in-vitational 8. Please see your role PM below:

Role name:
Goon Cop.
Abilities:
Each Night, you may investigate one other player. If successful, you will be told whether or not that player's Role Name contains the word "Goon" in it.
Win condition:
You win when all anti-Town players are dead, and at least one member of the Town is alive.

1 Roleblocker wrote:Hi. Welcome to /in-vitational 8. Please see your role PM below:

Role name:
Roleblocker.
Abilities:
You may roleblock one player each Night. If that player performs a Night action on the Night you roleblock him or her, he or she will be unable to perform said action barring any external influences.
Win condition:

1 Weak Doctor wrote:Hi. Welcome to /in-vitational 8. Please see your role PM below:

Role name:
Weak Doctor.
Abilities:
You may protect one player each Night. If that player is targeted for a Night kill, he or she will survive said Night kill barring any external influences. However, if you protect a member of the mafia, you will die that Night.
Win condition:

Mafia

1 Mafia Daytime Rolecop wrote:Hi. Welcome to /in-vitational 8. Please see your role PM below:

Role name:
Mafia Daytime Rolecop.
Group abilities:
The Mafia Family is: Zachrulez (Mafia Goon) and MagnaOfIllusion (Mafia Goon). Each Night, your group may attempt to murder one player - please specify who will be carrying out the kill attempt. The Mafia Family may communicate at Night using the following Quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/mt84EeppqucB.
Abilites:
Once per Day, you may send the name of a player to me, and I will reveal his or her role name to you.
Win condition:
You win when your number is equal to or greater than the number of Town members, and you’ve eliminated any other potential threats to your existence.

2 Mafia Goons wrote:Hi. Welcome to /in-vitational 8. Please see your role PM below:

Role name:
Mafia Goon
Group abilities:
The Mafia Family is: Zachrulez (Mafia Goon) and ChannelDelibird (Mafia Daytime Rolecop). Each Night, your group may attempt to murder one player - please specify who will be carrying out the kill attempt. The Mafia Family may communicate at Night using the following Quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/mt84EeppqucB.
Abilities:
You have no additional abilities.
Win condition:
You win when your number is equal to or greater than the number of Town members, and you’ve eliminated any other potential threats to your existence.

If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Incognito »

Day and Night Actions

Day 1

No action received

Night 1

Sotty7 roleblocked jasonT1982
imkingdavid protected Sotty7
MagnaofIllusion killed Sotty7 (or at least tried to...)

Day 2

No action received

Night 2

vollkan protected MagnaofIllusion
Sotty7 roleblocked Locke Lamora
Erg0 killed vollkan

Day 3

Erg0 investigated Sando

Night 3

Sotty7 roleblocked Erg0
Erg0 killed Sotty7 (or at least tried to...)

Day 4

Erg0 investigated Sotty7

Night 4

Sotty7 roleblocked Zajnet
MagnaofIllusion killed Sotty7 (SUCCESS! Finally...)

Night 5

MagnaofIllusion killed Jack

Night 6

MagnaofIllusion submitted a no kill
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Incognito »

Thanks to everyone for playing. I think this game was somewhat frustrating for me as a mod. There were times that the game just seemed to drag because of low activity levels or various V/LA periods. I thought the two week deadlines would help make sure everyone was pretty active and would prevent the game from going into a lull, but I guess that didn't really help. I think that was partly the reason town lost here.

MVP choices for me would probably be MOI for the scum team and Sotty7 for the town team. Wrt to MOI, I could imagine all of the blocked NKs and missing Daytime actions getting really frustrating but somehow he kept up his resolve and played a good game. I was confused by the claim though - I really thought that was going to end up costing him the game. I thought he could have won the game just by using a Vanilla claim instead.

Does anyone have any comments on the balance or anything else? I know there were a lot of comments about the Goon Cop - I threw that in there because I thought it was a pretty decent alternative to a regular Cop. I considered it a Normal role because I remember mith used it in his /in-vitational last year which was run in the New York subforum. You can see in the role PM now just what specific results it would get.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:13 am

Post by boberz »

I think balance is ok, with a hider it becomes heavily town loaded, quite why I didnt kill moi i dont know. My assumptions about gooncop were pretty correct, I should have known there was more than one goon. If I lived in somewhere dodgy I would receive lashings for this.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Incognito »

Oh, I just noticed the balance comments on the last page. I could see why some said it looked town-sided, but I really think the Daytime Rolecop is a strong enough role to counteract the town's powers especially since it couldn't ever be roleblocked (since it worked during the Day), and it would let the scum get a much better idea as to who to kill during the Night. You figure the town lynches someone during the Day so you get a role flip from that, maybe another person is forced to claim since they got to L-1 so you get a role from that, and if the Rolecop cops a completely different person, you pretty much know 3 roles right there. In this case it didn't get much good use though since the people who had the role (aside from Erg0) didn't submit any actions.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Incognito »

Sotty7 wrote:I roleblocked Zach/Jason on night one. When there was no kill I thought I blocked it hence the 1000% increase on pushing Jason. I think I made a passing comment about it as well something like "It will all be clear soon" since I thought I would have to claim to get people on to this wagon. Thankfully it didn't come to that and Vollkan ended up being a weak doc which was pretty funny.
lol, yeah, I was curious as to how that must have looked to you from your perspective.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:40 am

Incognito wrote:
Day and Night Actions

Night 2

vollkan protected MagnaofIllusion

Sotty7 roleblocked Locke Lamora
Erg0 killed vollkan
Bolded vollkan's action for emphasis -

God damn it we should have gone for it!!!! I wish I had pushed Erg0 harder in the QT about that. I guess Hindsight being 20/20 and all.

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Sotty7 »

jasonT1981 wrote:thanks... I just needa work on a way to confuse sotty when I play as scum! lol
You really don't :P

Is it wrong that I would have enjoyed Jason's lynch much more if Zach never replaced out? :twisted:
Incog wrote:lol, yeah, I was curious as to how that must have looked to you from your perspective.
I was convinced because I didn't think the town would have a roleblocker and a doc. I really should stop trying to out guess the mod. I'm thankful it worked out in the end otherwise I could have looked silly.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:42 am

Incognito - The big issue I have with the Daytime Role-cop being a powerful offset relies on the fact that he's also our defacto Godfather. It makes the Mafia suffer from very swingy results if they should lose that role early. And yeah, not using it Day 1 and Day 2 really hurt us anyway.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Incognito »

That can be said for pretty much any scum power role though since there's usually only one scum PR in most 12-player normal games.
Sotty7 wrote:Is it wrong that I would have enjoyed Jason's lynch much more if Zach never replaced out? :twisted:
Haha, I don't think I'd ever be able to play Mafia with my girlfriend. I'd be all "aww baby I don't wanna lynch youuuuuuuuu" even if she was scummy as hell. It must be trickier when you're married though. :P
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Awesome job, MoI! Must admit that I probably would have claimed VT at the end there, but it worked out pretty well so no Monday-morning quarterbacking from me. ;)
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Erg0 – I simply wish you had used your Daycop on Sotty before self-hammering and just posted the results in thread so I was 100% sure she was a RB.
I did, that was why I said "damn roleblockers" in my self-hammer post. I probably could have made it a bit clearer, no harm done in the end though. Ythan's scum meta was so obvious that I was initially aiming for two mislynches before run up myself. I didn't quite make it, but at least it was role-based info that got me killed.

Re: the vollkan kill, I'm always in favour of the safe option at night. This has bitten me in the butt (or cost me a potential advantage) a few times, maybe I should be more open to taking the occasional risk.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:59 am

Post by vollkan »

Magna wrote: Vollkan – I have a question if you read this – was your Town read on me accurate or just blowing smoke? Would you have protected me N2? I had suggested not killing you N2 in hopes that you would protect me and die and then spinning the double kills as either Erg0 or I being a one-shot vig who killed the other death that night (which would have been Jack had I gotten my way). Of course flavor could well have done us in but I thought it might have been a good gamble.
Well, it wasn't a town read. It was just that you were my most confident 50. As I said in thread, you had an absence of scumtells whereas the others were just confusing. I can't say for sure what I would have done N2, but protecting you again definitely would have been on the cards.

When I died and went to the peanut gallery, I actually PMed the mod because I was interested to find out how accurate I was. I was kicking myself over it initially. But, on the plus side, you've reaffirmed my belief that behavioural towntells don't exist - smart logical play can and does come from scum.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:18 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Well, I still haven't forgiven myself for going back on the one strong read I had all game. Credit to Magna, he played really well, and when it came down to it, I had stacks of reasons why Poro could be scum over him, while the only real reason I had for Magna being scum over Poro was that my gut said Poro was town. This game has also helped to reaffirm my suspicion that I'm really not very good at being town.

Thanks to Incog for modding, I liked the setup and I think it was reasonably balanced, perhaps a little town-leaning, but it certainly would have made it more even if scum had actually used their rolecop ability more often.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza