zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 1014, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 1010, Thor665 wrote:As an easy example of similar issues - I point you to a RBer loss Day 1 in the Newbie Doc/Cop/RBer setup.
Minis are always swingy on scum PR day 1 losses - it's the nature of a small team and also the nature of the, rather common, protective+investigative combo.

I saw that happen in a newbie and it turned into follow the cop.

I guess there's just no way I'm gonna believe with a full jailkeeper that allows jailed targets to be looked at, a full cop, a full rolecop, and a full doc would not make a game townsided no matter what PR's scum had. Plus, it's way to easy to setup crack via PR's.

The GF balances the cop and the scum rc balances the town rc and the RBer balances the jailkeep but what scum PR balances the doc?

You're totally right. If I ran this setup again I'd completely replace the doc with a VT.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 1016, SilverWolf wrote:Well, I'm no expert on this but zakk did say the game was only reviewed for Normalcy and not balance.

But you make decent points Thor and I feel slightly less whiny than I did in dead chat-LOL.

I love how good of a sport you are about admitting how whiny you were :lol:

#respekt
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by zakk »

Btw, sorry for the delay. Life's been really busy

Dead thread - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63435
Scum thread - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63237
permanently retired

see here for more info
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1026, zakk wrote:
In post 1016, SilverWolf wrote:Well, I'm no expert on this but zakk did say the game was only reviewed for Normalcy and not balance.

But you make decent points Thor and I feel slightly less whiny than I did in dead chat-LOL.

I love how good of a sport you are about admitting how whiny you were :lol:

#respekt

Thanks zakk. :lol:
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 16, SilverWolf wrote:
OK, thanks zakk.

Also, Hi Karmic!!

I'll be busy most of the day today but will be around later in the day and also tomorrow after work to chat.

The reason I brought up doing both the rolecop and the kill is because I think I'm less likely to be targeted by a PR at this point in the game than you are.

I would like to read a few more things in the game and discuss it with you first before I take any actions.

Yeah, I fully approve of you doing the kill and the rolecop.

I
n post 18, SilverWolf wrote:
OK Karmic, in any game where I've had any success as scum, I've actively talked with my scum partners. I think that's important. We should talk. We only have so much time before deadline and I'm going to be working all day tomorrow as well.

I have read through the game and some individual ISO's and I'd like to break up the obtown bloc of Thor, Nacho, Garmr. Not only are they obvious town but clearly very skilled at the game as well. Thor practically confirmed himself as town with the Ciara push. As a side note, I'm pretty irritated that Ciara played the way she did and ended up getting up to L-1 and basically disappeared from the game entirely and refused to replace out. I think if she would of stuck around and defended herself or a replacement would of come in and been able to do so, the lynch could of been avoided. It was a tough situation for me replacing in to find you both wagoned. I do appreciate WW towning up this slot and when I read you, I would be townreading you if I was playing this game as town. That's pretty much what I do as scum. I treat my partners like I would any other player. If you do something scummy, I'll call you on it. If you look townie, I'll say so. I'll question you like anyone else. I'd expect you to do the same with me. Otherwise, you get those pesky associative tells if one of us flips.

Anyway, The RC/kill should be within these 3. I didn't see any obvious PR signs from anyone so instead I'm going to just go by play. There is a chance one of these three is protected but my take on that is, it's still worth it to try. I've gone back and forth between Thor or Nacho for the kill. I actually really want to play with these two and Garmr as well but I can't make decisions based on that. Thor and Garmr kind of butt heads so that might create some noise/distraction. Nacho will never be lynched. A Garmr kill might make you look bad and I like how he has my slot as one of his top 3. Garmr comes off as really, really confident. Like he knows he will not be lynched no matter what. My thought is either Nacho kill and Garmr RC or Nacho RC and Thor kill. This is where I was hoping to get your input because you've been playing this game since the beginning and might of seen something I did not.

I don't think Garmr is that obvs town, I feel like we can break him.

Also, sorry for my inactivity here. I'm absolutely on board with talking, I just haven't had a good time to reply to this yet.

I'm glad you're here, but man, Woody replacing out really screwed with my head. My plan was to bus him really hard, and hope that Nacho felt Woody was town. I wanted to really dissuade anyone from suspecting a Woody/Karmic scumteam.

Now, I'm not really sure if I got anywhere from that... you're sort of still Woody, but you also sort of aren't.

You've got a lot of good thought here, and I agree with it in general. Yeah, I need to learn to never type up those broad everyone-included townread lists. They never get me anywhere. I think I can back out of it by saying that I thought they were bad Day 1 lynches, not necessarily bad lynches. Which is exactly how I feel.

Yeah, IDK what Bella's deal is. Proddodge with a little extra, seems like. Same with Eventi and Dave. There are a lot of anemic players in this game, and I don't know how to handle anemic players.

:P I was a suggested night kill I didn't know how praised I was lol. Also newer scum always think they can lynch me and it tends to backfire on them so nah. If i was a cop I would of probably investigated eventi or dave and left you alone to push a lynch on you. Also lapping silverwolfs praise :P. You just said eventi could be a good assist to town ect in thread yet you call him anemic in the scum thread busted :P
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:22 pm

Post by Garmr »

Also did my scum read on dave actually save him from being shot.
KarmicGuide
KarmicGuide
Goon
KarmicGuide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by KarmicGuide »

Lol even after the game you're looking for scumreads? Man, I wasn't going to say anything, but this is like the tenth time, at least, that you've patted yourself on the back in this thread. It's getting old, man. Look around, there are other experienced players here, and none of them are doing the same.

Re:Eventi. He was anemic in post-count (especially at the time I said that), but decent in post quality, and a potentially strong adversary.
KarmicGuide
KarmicGuide
Goon
KarmicGuide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by KarmicGuide »

No lynching just delays the game for no reason.

Too bad there's not a way to just concede the game.

Lol, Silverwolf! Believe me, I thought about it. XD

I was really tempted to at least self-hammer to end the game... but I decided against it. I was gonna make those guys take it all the way home.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1031, KarmicGuide wrote:Lol even after the game you're looking for scumreads? Man, I wasn't going to say anything, but this is like the tenth time, at least, that you've patted yourself on the back in this thread. It's getting old, man. Look around, there are other experienced players here, and none of them are doing the same.

Re:Eventi. He was anemic in post-count (especially at the time I said that), but decent in post quality, and a potentially strong adversary.

If I look at what scum did and why I can get better reads for future games so hunting for reasons why scum did what after the game can help improve your game. But guess what bud I had to go through the whole game thinking I was wrong about mostly everything and being put down by other players since I wasn't correct on some of my other reads and have some cunt who shall not be named during the game be a dick towards me So now at the end of the game when I find out I wasn't entirely wrong ect. So what if I want to make myself better about this game since I felt useless as fuck day 2 and beyond it doesn't hurt you.
eventi
eventi
Goon
eventi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Post by eventi »

In post 1031, KarmicGuide wrote:Lol even after the game you're looking for scumreads? Man, I wasn't going to say anything, but this is like the tenth time, at least, that you've patted yourself on the back in this thread. It's getting old, man. Look around, there are other experienced players here, and none of them are doing the same.

There was kinda no point in playing once I was copped and it looked I was the only VT in the game. I had one game in Lylo and another very active, so I sat back, but I was up front about what I was doing - I just didn't have the mental capacity to be on top of 3 active games, so I sat this one out. mea culpa
eventi
eventi
Goon
eventi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:57 pm

Post by eventi »

<3 Nameless Cunt
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:24 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1030, Garmr wrote:Also did my scum read on dave actually save him from being shot.

Yes, it helped.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:26 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1032, KarmicGuide wrote:
No lynching just delays the game for no reason.

Too bad there's not a way to just concede the game.

Lol, Silverwolf! Believe me, I thought about it. XD

I was really tempted to at least self-hammer to end the game... but I decided against it. I was gonna make those guys take it all the way home.

I admire this. You have a better fight 'til the end attitude than I do. I usually kind of give up. Only when I'm almost certain to lose but yeah, it's kind of an issue with me.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:27 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1033, Garmr wrote:

If I look at what scum did and why I can get better reads for future games so hunting for reasons why scum did what after the game can help improve your game. But guess what bud I had to go through the whole game thinking I was wrong about mostly everything and being put down by other players since I wasn't correct on some of my other reads and have some cunt who shall not be named during the game be a dick towards me So now at the end of the game when I find out I wasn't entirely wrong ect. So what if I want to make myself better about this game since I felt useless as fuck day 2 and beyond it doesn't hurt you.

I do the same thing. Post game, I look at what I did wrong and also what I did right. I like to try to learn something from it all to improve my play going forward.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1024, zakk wrote:
In post 1008, Thor665 wrote:@Zakk - now that the game is over, what's up with rule #12? Why no bold tags?

You know, the only real reason is that it's WAY easier to see when there's a white background and it's all caps.

I don't really trust the auto vote counter, idk. Sorry if it was an inconvenience man.

It was a mild one, I'm just a bold tag guy, so it was weird to have to keep remembering the other format for this game only and I was curious why the rule.
I don't support your no vote count test ;) I tend to advocate daily as a good method myself, though that can easily adjust depending on the speed of the game, but at least anyone who complains about daily is being a bit of a ponce.

I'm a little blushy from after reading the Dead QT - on the flip side at some point in the future Silver will be voting me because "Thor is better than this" so at least that circle of life continues.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 1031, KarmicGuide wrote:Man, I wasn't going to say anything, but this is like the tenth time, at least, that you've patted yourself on the back in this thread. It's getting old, man. Look around, there are other experienced players here, and none of them are doing the same.

I feel like trying to talk yourself up due to something someone else has said about you, and/or being excited when someone else talks you up, is a natural part of growing as a player, and caring about something that you enjoy, and being excited about noticing your own skill progression.
permanently retired

see here for more info
eventi
eventi
Goon
eventi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:09 pm

Post by eventi »

VOTE: zakk
eventi
eventi
Goon
eventi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:10 pm

Post by eventi »

Seriously - thanks for modding the game, zakk
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:24 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Yes, thank you zakk for modding and inviting me!!
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:56 am

Post by Garmr »

you were a great mod.

@silverwolf
If the set up was different I could see scum having a pretty good chance at winning.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:33 pm

Post by N »

GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”