Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Dierfire »

In post 73, Dwlee99 wrote:Is being an asshole a scum tell? Can someone tell me?

I find it usually to be the opposite, although I hate to hand out reads for that because I don't want to encourage people to annoy me.
Hieirama
Hieirama
Townie
Hieirama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:39 am

Post by Hieirama »

I'm still trying to comprehend what's going on… These quick reads and half-joking remarks are throwing me off.

I'll try anyway. No use for me if I just sit to the side.
Also, this is for posts up to post 66... I'll give more feedback after doing homework ah...

Spoiler: Dierfire
(Null)

He has one RVS post and we almost had a wagon going. Whoa, okay.

Spoiler: Garmr
(Null)

He just gave his opinion on what was going on, nothing alarming to me.

Spoiler: Haschel Cedricson
(Negative vibes)

Their posts can be looked at from so many different perspectives.
Either they're joking about their reasons, they actually have a reason that no one can figure out atm, or your just trying to mess things up with herrcombs.

Which one was it, Hischel? I'd like to get this out of my head.

Spoiler: implosion
(Minor Negative vibes)

So, he was probably joking about figuring out a scumteam already.

Sorry for not having a sense of humor.

You're trying to start a wagon on Felissan. I disagree with post 60;
reading post 48, I'm getting the impression that Feli's suspicions came mostly from gut feelings.

And where you said:

20: "I just don't get it."

That was not the main point. She was questioning myko's post. It almost looks like your trying to make post 20 look bad.

Spoiler: Dwlee99
(Positive vibes)

One small thing caught my concern:
The quick town reads.
They're joking/gut reads… I'm guessing you decided to share them, mainly just to joke a little? I'm not sure why else you would post them with no relevant evidence.
It can be looked at as fluffy.
Perhaps that's why Keyser may have suspected you.

It's all probably just RVS floof, I hope.

Then you said that they were serious… and I kind of got confused. To… what degree of seriousness?

I like really all his others posts. You have good arguments here and all, just that incident I'm not sure about!

Spoiler: Felissan
(Confused)

The beginning of post 48 contains quite a lot of information for just a gut read… Uhum…
I'm not sure what to make out of this really.

The "What do you mean by scumslip?" Argument is stong…

I'm unable to give much feedback here. Really just a lot of arguing against myko.

Spoiler: herrcombs
(Slight Town-Lean)

You do start questioning a few things, and your questioning does seem Town-motivated, not siding too strongly with anyone, which I like.

Spoiler: mykonian
(Minor Negative vibes)

That RVS incident was probably just you trying to get into the real game, I hope.
If your first few posts intended more than pushing the game, I have to express much more concern, however.

Calling Dwlee worthless because he didn't agree with your reads was a terrible move, though.

I feel like you're just the more aggressive type, huh? Should I bring some Meta into here and risk pissing off BBT?

Spoiler: Lalendra
(Null)

One post, just a question. Can't make much out of it.

UNVOTE: Lalendra

Spoiler: pistachi0n
(Null)

Two RVS votes, and perhaps making fun of OMGUS'. Meh.

Spoiler: Keyser Söze
(Null, could change to negative)

Some analysis, it isn't too strong though, a bit stretchy.
Myko could just be trying to move the game.
I took things too seriously, but it was a little more question-y than defense.

Spoiler: BlueBloodedToffee
(Null)

A couple joking here and there.
You started getting serious with post 32, yes?
You called Dwlee Town for more genuine reasons later on, I assume.
Post 46 is a very bare read.
Actually, all your posts have been quite short. I'd like to hear more soon!

Everything here will probably change later on. I'll try to keep these as updated as possible.
"Logic is panic's prey."
-Kurama
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:41 am

Post by mykonian »

looks like soze was right about you.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:46 am

Post by herrcombs »

In post 68, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't understand how it's manipulating. I was just quoting the specific part that I wanted to respond to. Like right here I wanted to cut out the last half of your post because it's not what I'm responding to. But I didn't just so I don't bother people when I don't need to.

Ok yeah fair enough, I suppose it's not manipulation to crop out the stuff about the "buddying," since it was a separate thought and not necessarily relevant. But I still think that the first sentence (the one you quoted) was leading into mykonian's argument:

In post 37, mykonian wrote:Garmr already committed a scumtell trying to call someone town. There's no need for the word "honestly" there, it only makes sense from a point where scum is trying to think like town. The word "honestly" implies that he comes from a setting where he was prepared to lie this game, then found a situation where it wasn't necessary.

The manipulation is you implying the scum tell was "saying he doesn't see anything scummy," where myko was arguing it was a scum tell for the way he used the term "honestly" and what it could mean psychologically. You clipped myko's quote in a way that didn't represent what he was trying to say, and then sarcastically dismissed it. That is manipulation.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:49 am

Post by mykonian »

yes herr that's nice and all.

we just had a page 4 player by player analysis by a player that doesn't understand the pace of the game and moreover is confused by it. I think there's more important stuff to talk about than dwlee's mess.
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by herrcombs »

He asked me a question. I was responding to his question.

I don't know what to make of Hieirama's page 4 read list there. Especially since they're blatantly getting things wrong already:

In post 76, Hieirama wrote:Calling Dwlee worthless because he didn't agree with your reads was a terrible move, though.

That is not why myko called Dwlee worthless. Still, the effort to be transparent seems more town oriented than scum, and I like how they're starting to ask a few questions.

One thing real quick though, Hieirama: You should try to avoid putting votes/unvotes in spoiler tags. The mod mentioned at the beginning they won't be counted if you do that.

And a question for you Hieirama, since it looks like your account is fairly new: how much prior mafia experience do you have?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 76, Hieirama wrote:\
(Positive vibes)

The quick town reads.
They're joking/gut reads… I'm guessing you decided to share them, mainly just to joke a little? I'm not sure why else you would post them with no relevant evidence.

Then you said that they were serious… and I kind of got confused. To… what degree of seriousness?

I like really all his others posts. You have good arguments here and all, just that incident I'm not sure about!

So my read on implosion was 100% serious and I think he is town (I cited the reason of his aggressiveness and getting the game out of RVS)
The read on BBT was a joke but the posts that he made afterwards give me a town vibe from him.
In post 78, herrcombs wrote:
In post 68, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't understand how it's manipulating. I was just quoting the specific part that I wanted to respond to. Like right here I wanted to cut out the last half of your post because it's not what I'm responding to. But I didn't just so I don't bother people when I don't need to.

Ok yeah fair enough, I suppose it's not manipulation to crop out the stuff about the "buddying," since it was a separate thought and not necessarily relevant. But I still think that the first sentence (the one you quoted) was leading into mykonian's argument:

In post 37, mykonian wrote:Garmr already committed a scumtell trying to call someone town. There's no need for the word "honestly" there, it only makes sense from a point where scum is trying to think like town. The word "honestly" implies that he comes from a setting where he was prepared to lie this game, then found a situation where it wasn't necessary.

The manipulation is you implying the scum tell was "saying he doesn't see anything scummy," where myko was arguing it was a scum tell for the way he used the term "honestly" and what it could mean psychologically. You clipped myko's quote in a way that didn't represent what he was trying to say, and then sarcastically dismissed it. That is manipulation.

I've made my thoughts fairly clear regarding the "honestly" thing. So I quoted the other part of the argument to tackle that point. RIP my organization by cropping. (Still did it in the quote above hahah git rikt)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 80, herrcombs wrote:I don't know what to make of Hieirama's page 4 read list there.

she's telling you. "I'm still trying to comprehend what's going on…"

now this one is a bit easier to understand than the muck around "honestly", so hear me out.

There are 2 times in the whole game where scum are stressed out. This is the start of the game, and lylo. Start of the game, everybody is on their own and trying to figure out where this game is going to go. Come lylo, every townie is going to second guess themselves a couple of times and it becomes really hard to predict where they put their money (how do they think they were being fooled so far etc). In between it's easy, you can sort of tell where town is going to go, know what the possible lynches are, play accordingly. But first appearances count and it's hard to get it right.

Now the pace of this game isn't amazing, but it's now slow either. There are some people with reads and it's going underway. Hier is about to miss the boat, and still doesn't know how to respond properly. Normal town wouldn't care, you just see the last couple of posts and comment on it. So we have someone here who wants to watch which way the wind blows, and as such stands out compared to the tempo of the townies we've seen so far. That's scumtell one.

The second is the list itself. There are two reasons to make lists. One's to get organised and present otherwise cluttered info. The other is to make sure you actually get something posted beyond a oneliner. This is the last. Page 4, too little has happened that commenting to 1 or 2 events wouldn't do. There's no use at all to post that for half of the game, you don't have a read yet. Again, hier's perfectly aware there should be a post from her here. By absence of something comfortable to post about, the safety of a rigid structure is sought and found in posting a list with a little bit non-information about everybody. At least that way you get something on first sight good looking posted. But it makes no sense to do it when we've had barely 2 pages of non rvs posting.

I guess if you look hard you could even find support for the last in that
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by mykonian »

EBWOP

"I guess if you look hard you could even find support for the last in that she promises to update this list."
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by herrcombs »

Wait HOLD ON. I was just about to reply to Garmr's

In post 72, Garmr wrote:Also what's this bs about calling someone town. I said I don't see anything scummy yet.

because I was pretty sure Garmr's was an indirect reponse to Lalendra's , so he was in effect defending me. But "nothing scummy" != "town". Mykonian, why did you claim he was "trying to call someone town" in your ? I think you should address this.

pedit @ DWL: OK I get it dude, I'm not going to push this any further because I feel like we're going in circles.

pedit2: Yeah, I can see where you're coming from Myko (re: Hieirama), but I'm not done with you. I'd also like to know why you delayed your vote on Garmr until he voted you first. And this coming from someone who called another player worthless in part for their OMGUS vote earlier...
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by mykonian »

"so he was in effect defending me."

"trying to call someone town"

I did that from memory, didn't use exact quotes. Effect is the same, conclusions as well.

Since when did I call dw worthless for just omgus? I was quite thorough with that insult. If he's town there was no reason to reply to my post as he did. If he's scum that omgus was pretty poor for him. All in all, he's made two actions now that make him shit regardless of role.

regarding my vote, I don't really care. Could have put it down at the first time garmr looked scum, did it at the second time. His vote was by far the worst of the bunch and it was about time scum joined my wagon. Just compare feli's vote to garmr's and tell me you can't see the difference. Your play is fine. His isn't.

That's 2 scum for now, I think I'm happy with that. Night, people.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 20, mykonian wrote:
In post 18, herrcombs wrote:lolwut

I was just joking

but now that scumslip. This is actually interesting.

This is reaching and he has yet to respond to multiple people questioning it.

VOTE: mykonian
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

So many people have weak reasons for being on the mykonian wagon.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 87, Dwlee99 wrote:So many people have weak reasons for being on the mykonian wagon.

So do you town read him?
Hieirama
Hieirama
Townie
Hieirama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Hieirama »

In post 80, herrcombs wrote:He asked me a question. I was responding to his question.

I don't know what to make of Hieirama's page 4 read list there. Especially since they're blatantly getting things wrong already:

In post 76, Hieirama wrote:Calling Dwlee worthless because he didn't agree with your reads was a terrible move, though.

That is not why myko called Dwlee worthless. Still, the effort to be transparent seems more town oriented than scum, and I like how they're starting to ask a few questions.

One thing real quick though, Hieirama: You should try to avoid putting votes/unvotes in spoiler tags. The mod mentioned at the beginning they won't be counted if you do that.

And a question for you Hieirama, since it looks like your account is fairly new: how much prior mafia experience do you have?

Post #51 made me think that's the reason...
((Okay and before I annoy anyone else how do you link to posts again...?))

Yeeah, I forgot that. Thanks.
UNVOTE:

This is an alt account, but I've been playing for a little over a month. I've played three games, this is the first one outside RtR.

In post 79, mykonian wrote:yes herr that's nice and all.

we just had a page 4 player by player analysis by a player that doesn't understand the pace of the game and moreover is confused by it. I think there's more important stuff to talk about than dwlee's mess.

Should I go back to lurking or?

In post 81, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 76, Hieirama wrote:\
(Positive vibes)

The quick town reads.

So my read on implosion was 100% serious and I think he is town (I cited the reason of his aggressiveness and getting the game out of RVS)
The read on BBT was a joke but the posts that he made afterwards give me a town vibe from him.
In post 78, herrcombs wrote:

I've made my thoughts fairly clear regarding the "honestly" thing. So I quoted the other part of the argument to tackle that point. RIP my organization by cropping. (Still did it in the quote above hahah git rikt)

Ah, okay!
What made you feel the need to post those reads so early though?
"Logic is panic's prey."
-Kurama
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

To : Garmr, myko is null for me atm. He's playing aggressively and stimulating conversation but his reads are stretched.
To : Thought I'd lay a BBT town read out there because it would generate something to talk about (which it did) and allow me to get reads. The implosion read was used to talk outloud and make people not just dismiss my post as "random reads that make no sense" which caused people to comment seriously on it.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Well, this certainly exploded while I was at work.

Got a few things I need to do tonight but I'll try to get caught up before I go to bed.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 90, Dwlee99 wrote:To : Garmr, myko is null for me atm. He's playing aggressively and stimulating conversation but his reads are stretched.
To : Thought I'd lay a BBT town read out there because it would generate something to talk about (which it did) and allow me to get reads. The implosion read was used to talk outloud and make people not just dismiss my post as "random reads that make no sense" which caused people to comment seriously on it.

You know having a lot of content with stretched reads can be a sign of scum trying to hard to be town. So it's not really a weak reason to be voting myko. As we also just came out RVs I don't understand why you would attack a wagon you call null and admit that mykos reasons are stretched.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

Vote Count 1.1

[1]
Dierfire - BlueBloodedToffee [L-6]
[2]
herrcombs - Haschel Cedricson, pistachi0n [L-5]
[1]
Dwlee99 - Keyser Söze [L-6]
[2]
Keyser Söze - Dwlee99, Dierfire [L-5]
[4]
mykonian - Felissan, herrcombs, Garmr, Lalendra [L-3]
[1]
Felissan - implosion [L-6]
[1]
Garmr - mykonian [L-6]

Not Voting -
Hieirama

Please let me know if you see any mistakes!

Deadline - (expired on 2015-10-06 12:00:00)

A friendly reminder to be respectful of fellow players, please and thank you!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

If I don't attack the wagon when are people gonna actually give more reasons for it than stretched reads? The wagon just allows scum to hide by joining under the same reasons as everyone else. I need more from people than "Reads are stretched" when joining a wagon. I could also sit here and argue that stretching reads can be town trying to figure out the game.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 94, Dwlee99 wrote:If I don't attack the wagon when are people gonna actually give more reasons for it than stretched reads? The wagon just allows scum to hide by joining under the same reasons as everyone else. I need more from people than "Reads are stretched" when joining a wagon. I could also sit here and argue that stretching reads can be town trying to figure out the game.

You could try to argue that but I would point out constant stretching makes it lean to the scum side more.

Also attacking a wagon this early is stupid if you don't town read them for multiple reasons. Also they are stretching vote is better than this wagon shit but lol his a null read. Maybe with a bit of pressure you could of had your read on him.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 74, mykonian wrote:well garmr sucks :)

vote garmr

herr's 67 seems town. He doesn't look particulary devious either. Probably should go on the townlist then.

In post 85, mykonian wrote:"so he was in effect defending me."

"trying to call someone town"

I did that from memory, didn't use exact quotes. Effect is the same, conclusions as well.

Since when did I call dw worthless for just omgus? I was quite thorough with that insult. If he's town there was no reason to reply to my post as he did. If he's scum that omgus was pretty poor for him. All in all, he's made two actions now that make him shit regardless of role.

regarding my vote, I don't really care. Could have put it down at the first time garmr looked scum, did it at the second time. His vote was by far the worst of the bunch and it was about time scum joined my wagon. Just compare feli's vote to garmr's and tell me you can't see the difference. Your play is fine. His isn't.

That's 2 scum for now, I think I'm happy with that. Night, people.

So your only real reason I am scum is because of the fact I used honestly which I honestly use a lot and even more so since you mentioned it. Also you should quit before you burn youself if there's a wagon between you and me your the one getting lynched.

Anyway reading people as scum for voting you is pretty pathetic.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 96, Garmr wrote:Also you should quit before you burn youself if there's a wagon between you and me your the one getting lynched.

This feels town.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by implosion »

As does Dwlee's indictment of the myko wagon.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

mykonian, did you answer my question (I did not understand the Garmr-"scumtell" observation"):

In post 45, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 37, mykonian wrote:
Garmr already committed a scumtell trying to call someone town
. There's no need for the word "honestly" there, it only makes sense from a point where scum is trying to think like town. The word "honestly" implies that he comes from a setting where he was prepared to lie this game, then found a situation where it wasn't necessary. Add to this that he's
stepping in to protect someone from an accusation
and that little sentence becomes quite damning.
Buddying and at the same time
showing off his mindset is scummy.

So dwlee, are we out of rvs? :)

Gamr didn't call anyone/someone town though:
In post 24, Garmr wrote:
Honestly don't see anything scummy so far

We were in RVS:
who is the "someone" you think he called town/was trying to buddy up with/stepping in to protect?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”