Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Comments about what exactly?
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:50 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

The things I did on D2.

The Titus guilty, the FoS on BJI, claiming as ascetic, etc.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:54 am

Post by bji »

I would like to know which of my day 1 posts made you so suspicious of me to investigate me. Would be helpful for me to understand.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:56 am

I can't give a helpful answer to that question.

I fundamentally read people by what my gut impression of their play is and subtle things about what I felt like you were feeling/thinking when you made posts and you just felt so slimy and contrived.

I could go pick out a few that pinged me but I'm not sure if I can give you an answer as to why besides "ick!"
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:57 am

Also don't feel bad about losing, I don't blame any town for that, not even RC. This game is like super hard to figure out, I think most town wins are luck anyway and most town losses are bad luck.

I don't think I can be blamed at all for this loss to be hoenst.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:58 am

I remember the big thing that started it was when I felt like you were setting up to vote me in a very non towny way.

Everything after that I just disliked and you were already my planned investigate when Titus started calling you out after the hammer.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Being a pretty shit player myself I don't think I have the right to criticize anyone else's play. I sort of get what you were trying to do though it's not how I'd handle it if I were you. I also don't like lying as town, heck I don't like lying as scum if I don't have to.

FA you reminded me of how I play and interesting enough it's what has basically forced me to to stop playing on 2 other sights and why people hate me on this site. The intense tunneling and refusal to listen to others can only end badly. Hopefully you can learn to change, I apparently can't which is why I'm not playing anymore.
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by bji »

In post 2854, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Also don't feel bad about losing, I don't blame any town for that, not even RC. This game is like super hard to figure out, I think most town wins are luck anyway and most town losses are bad luck.

I don't either. My statement was meant more like:

"I don't blame any town for that, not even crowd-favorite RC".

I expressed that sentiment because I felt like there was alot of negative judgement about your claim/unclaim/re-claim stuff after you flipped cop, by other town players. I can dig up the quotes if you like.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by bji »

In post 2857, bji wrote:
In post 2854, RadiantCowbells wrote:

I don't either. My statement was meant more like:

"I don't blame any town for that, not even crowd-favorite RC".

I expressed that sentiment because I felt like there was alot of negative judgement about your claim/unclaim/re-claim stuff after you flipped cop, by other town players. I can dig up the quotes if you like.

Sorry small caveat. I think your share of the blame is small. It's not zero as you have stated.

You should have better anticipated how town would react to your fake BP claim. That is all.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Yeah, I should have just hardclaimed and expected to die.

I wanted to live though :S
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by bji »

In post 2859, RadiantCowbells wrote:Yeah, I should have just hardclaimed and expected to die.

I wanted to live though :S

OK well. As long as you accept that you put yourself in that position, which is the degree to which you have culpability in the loss.

In post 2855, RadiantCowbells wrote:I remember the big thing that started it was when I felt like you were setting up to vote me in a very non towny way.

Ah. I think you're referring to when I made my three lists and you didn't like your positioning and told me "You can just go ahead and vote me. There's really no need to make this giant wallpost to say that you want to vote le RadiantCowbells." Yeah I made those lists because I didn't know what else to do. You were wrong about those being a plan to start a wagon on you, I actually just wanted to have a list that would give me something to play off as I faked reads, and I felt like you being the only player in the game I had previously played with would make it believable that I'd be looking at you closely from the beginning. But you were right about be being slimy, so in the end your read there was a good one.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Aquanim »

Y'know, it's funny.

I'd have considered lynching Bji for his day 1 and 2 play (don't remember why, didn't take notes while I was reading the game), but after being checked he played quite a good town game, which I admit I believed... should have been a warning sign, really. Pretty much every townie I've ever seen plays terribly once they are confirmed, they don't play better. Not that it would be justifiable to lynch a town-checked slot without non-Godfather flips elsewhere.

I stand by the read that Acryon needlessly provoked Frozen Angel into fights, even if it didn't make him scum.

Nobody (besides Keyser, to some degree) stood up and played a strong town game to counteract Roleplay and Radiant shitting up the thread with unjustifiable aggression and continual fakeclaim shenangians respectively.

The Bulletproof claim was daft and would never have saved you anyway, RC. Ascetic isn't a thing one randomly fakeclaims, Ascetic Bulletproof isn't a thing, Ascetic investigative role definitely is, and with a Doctor in the setup a Bulletproof makes little sense and an ascetic investigative role definitely does. Any decent scum team would see through that in a second. Once you made the fake claim against Titus you were committed, trying to back out of it afterwards was never going to work.
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Aquanim »

Also the hammer on Supercool day one was incredibly bad, which once again... falls on Roleplay and RC.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by bji »

I liked your play Aquanim. It was a source of consternation to me, because you redeemed that slot. We might have gotten RolePlay or itlepip lynched, but we were not going to get you lynched.

Also I sincerely appreciate you and and Dierfire who replaced into a super long game thread and made a good effort to advance the game. Marcrell too to a degree.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by bji »

I truly didn't really understand the case against Mala though. I just went along with it.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In all honesty? It actually boiled down to my hope that, based on our history, town-Mala would put a little effort into the game when I replaced in, which didn't happen. Maybe it would have happened if she had not become sick.

Also, even if the Mala lynch was wrong, I think the
wagon
had to happen. That slot had almost no interactions with anything or anyone, and the wagon solved that problem. Under different circumstances (more time in the day and Mala being less busy) the lynch would maybe have gone somewhere else in the end. I don't know.
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by Marcrell »

Well this game is a thing that happened and I think we will all bear the mental scars our entire lives.

Yeah, sorry about lack of activity and such, I get interested for a bit then sort of lose interest. I acthally probably play more on days that I'm busy because I can go to mafia and do other things amd come back, but I have just been unable due to crappy weather recebtly.

Bji wprled hard here, guess we should have guessed a godfather but I found him too towny to doubt it. Maybe I should go with my gut more.
supercool898
supercool898
Goon
supercool898
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:02 am

Post by supercool898 »

Game over since when? I never got a PM saying it ended and don't see who died
I go by Super for short
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:01 am

Post by bji »

In post 2867, supercool898 wrote:Game over since when? I never got a PM saying it ended and don't see who died

Since around page 110 or so.

You can do an ISO of Jake and of AngryPigeon to see mod action in this thread.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by N »

GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”