a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:31 am

Post by a plain farmer »

Thanks for modding, Performer. The revelation of a 3rd mason was a shocking twist.

I was starting to get worried near the end that I had gone too far into propaganda-mode and that tictac would think I was being a used-car salesman. But I was getting antsy.

I fell hard for camn in the first two days. Looking at the Mason PT it's astonishing how incriminating my associations with her looked.
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:40 am

Post by a plain farmer »

In post 1749, SirCakez wrote: :(
This was not a good game for me.

Yeah, it was rough. But it was nice having you in the thread. And your squirms on D1 were entertaining.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:20 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 1748, camn wrote:Ha ha.. Good game town. I thought I
distanced
hard enough, but nope.

You bussed no one :|
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:45 am

Post by camn »

In post 1750, a plain farmer wrote:I fell hard for camn in the first two days

That happens to everyone ;)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:33 am

Post by tictac »

Yeah, thanks for modding Performer. The setup was really neat.

In post 1750, a plain farmer wrote:I was starting to get worried near the end that I had gone too far into propaganda-mode and that tictac would think I was being a used-car salesman. But I was getting antsy.

Nah. I've been in the situation of having to convince the conftown at LYLO.
The difference between town and scum kinda disappears when a townie joins the informed majority. Kinda sucks having to change tracks like that.
I'm definitely in favour of pulling out everything and the kitchen sink in order to get the other guy lynched.

As side note, I was impressed by the way you argued against my various pushes throughout the game, to the point that I was worried you could probably talk me into anything you liked if you were scum.
I fell hard for camn in the first two days. Looking at the Mason PT it's astonishing how incriminating my associations with her looked.

It happens. I actually counted as a townpoint for you.
It was the suddenness and strength of your switch to CKD after kinda ignoring the case on him that I found suspicious about you.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Zulfy »

Gr8 game Perf
no investigation no right to speak
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Lokiben »

Having read the other PTs, a few things I want to respond to:

@Performer Dropping a wall every day or so is my usual posting style, since there's only a few hours every day in the late afternoon when I feel comfortable sitting down and drafting one up. I make brief posts from mobile sometimes, but I find it a pain to draft anything substantive. I never realized my posting style was 'not town-friendly' for the town. I also think that this site has a slightly different definition of lurking than what I'm used to. C'est la vie.

-I lost some sleep over that last kill, wondering if I made the right choice. Even with hindsight, I still don't understand why apf should have been the obvious pick. Both he and PK had voiced mild suspicion of me, and milder suspicion of tictac.

In post 1665, a plain farmer wrote:In the event I die tonight and you're in LyLo tomorrow, I'll give some thoughts on those remaining. From town to scum, I'd rank them:

pisskop
tictac
Lokiben

But I'm not too confident about this.

I don't like pisskop's hammer, and his predecessor in that slot was scummy. But pisskop hasn't given me much reason to scumread him, and I doubt players as experienced as him and CKD would, as scumpartners, put themselves together on my wagon in D4. Don't overstate these things as townreads though. Pisskop's hammer today may be scummy, but I also don't like the way Zulfy got up to L-1 in the first place.

CKD said this weird thing about tictac being sure scum if SirCakez ended up being scum, which a scumpartner might've done to try and clear him by association when Cakez flipped town. But then CKD wagoned tictac immediately at the start of D4, so I dunno. But the way their mutual scumreads on each other fizzled out on D4 pings me.

Loki has been keeping a low profile and staying off the wagons CKD and camn were on, and there's the thing I mentioned about post 333. I was in the midst of looking over him as writing this but I wanted to make sure this got out before the mod scene.

In post 1667, pisskop wrote:loki is my backup choice.

If its a binary descision between tictac and loki guess where Id go?

I thought I could pander to apf's suspicions of tictac for the win, but pisskop never really elaborated on why he was scumreading tictac and I didn't know how I'd approach it. Plus I was vaguely aware that PK was an established player and apf wasn't (I played in one of PK's newbie games).

In post 258, Cheery Dog wrote:God that slip

In post 259, curiouskarmadog wrote:Yeah I saw it too

I didn't. What'd I do?

RadiantCowbells wrote:I feel like his push on you was more storytelling than actual scumhunting.

Felt like he put you into a box labelled scum and looked for reasons to do so rather than any genuine thought process.

RC pretty much nailed my mentality. I was just experimenting and was surprised at the success of my Elyse attack. I'm not saying it's the way I'd play, but I understand why she didn't feel the need to give a serious defense. She could confirm herself with the flick of a wrist, so she might as well have focused on scumhunting instead.

I bear no real ill will towards you, Elyse; it was all an act. I will say that your unwillingness to admit fault did make my job a little easier, though.

Sorry to camn and ckd for letting them down. I felt as if I was flailing a little on that last day, since I wasn't very prepared for pushing on apf. Wish I could have pulled the final three off, but reading the PTs it seems my fate was already more or less sealed going into the last day, and that's comforting, sort of.

Big thanks to the mods, especially Performer, and the players too for a great game! I hope to see all of you again.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

This was the post I was labeling as a slip. It just wasn't a town reaction in my view

In post 1703, Lokiben wrote:Since 36 minutes ago? Just general exasperation and frustration. I'd rather convince farmer to vote you, but he's unwilling to engage me so bah. I guess I should be investigating him anyway in case my conviction in your flip is hurt by confirmation bias.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by Lokiben »

In post 1757, Cheery Dog wrote:This was the post I was labeling as a slip. It just wasn't a town reaction in my view

In post 1703, Lokiben wrote:Since 36 minutes ago? Just general exasperation and frustration. I'd rather convince farmer to vote you, but he's unwilling to engage me so bah. I guess I should be investigating him anyway in case my conviction in your flip is hurt by confirmation bias.

Oh, should have figured. About the brain fart here, I did understand in advance the significance of tictac posting without voting, but the fact that it slipped my mind probably means that this really was a slip.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I feel there should be some protocol in place for stalemates. Cheery Dog's suggestion in the mod chat, in which a stalemate is a scum loss, seems fair. Objectively, I had literally no incentive to kill and I only killed PK for the sake of the game.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by pisskop »

Thats a controversial thing, but typically everyone lives happily ever after.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Lokiben »

If you say so.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by pisskop »

beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by pisskop »

Just imagine I made some derisive remark along with that
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Lokiben »

In post 1760, Lokiben wrote:If you say so.

Poor choice of words. I'm just surprised its so open ended.
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

Nice job, pk, on replacing in and making your slot townier. I can't point to anything in particular, but something about your posts just made me gut read you as town.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by Performer »

Glad you guys enjoyed it! When I moderate games, I try to think of unconventional setups. With this setup, it was too risky (in terms of balance) to add an extra PR for either faction, so I kept it simple yet unconventional.

It was a blast to keep up with the scum, Mason, and dead PTs too. Huge thanks to Cheery for Backup moderating.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by pisskop »

ty.

performer, you done did good. got another one?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by camn »

I do. Mini theme queue. Next.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Hey I'll have a game up too someday.

Yall feel free to pre in if you want
no investigation no right to speak
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 1766, pisskop wrote:ty.

performer, you done did good. got another one?

Not at the moment. Have been very busy. I'll see you in the Large Game though!

@camn & Zulfy: pre-in me!
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:02 am

Post by camn »

Done.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by N »

GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”