Mini 1773 : Symphonic Metal Mafia (Game Over?!)

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Not everyone ;) Your points on him was a large part of why I shot him.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 2425, Wisdom wrote:Not everyone ;) Your points on him was a large part of why I shot him.

thanks babe
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 2424, Killthestory wrote:i do have to say that just because you had a bias against my playstyle doesn't mean you had to vote me. i was pretty fucking town, and my playstyle fit in line with other games. I also did call out dierfire, but everyone ignored that due to their personal fucking vendettas.

youre all literally children that need to go to daycare and have the teacher resolve your issues. to be honest, this postgame argument pisses me off more than the actual game did.

Tl;dr, shut the fuck up

If you were "pretty fucking town " you wouldn't have gotten lynched.

And you decide to omgus dier and somehow that means you caught him? Want to be taken more serious? Stop omgusing people. Did it to dier and did it to me
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Killthestory »

LOL DUDE

lets review the facts here
-you can use your silly buzzwords but i caught scum and you didnt
-i was town but apparently you cant scumread. thats not my fault. i was clearly town as well, and my play does not differentiate at all. its the content that matters. and then theres also the fact that you had all wrong scumreads but were not going to get into that
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by Killthestory »

alrite i take that back bois.

i could have played better. i caught scum p easy regardless of your edgy buzzwords (which i only know because of how overused they are) but i couldnt convey why he was scum appropriately. if i had come out better and then progressed a case on dier i could have probably popped him but otherwise that was p much my fault for not pushin dier so hard dawgs.

however, i dont like being called out as my reactions not being townie. look behind your own perspective and youll see that. i think i played better than at least half the game, if not 80 percent. the fact that i get shit early on pisses me off.

the arguments post game also piss me off since everybody refuses to look past their perspective, dont analyse themself, and they analyse everyone else
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

KTS, I'll be honest.
I was excited when you died and mentally high five Maestro.
But it was 100% playstyle, not content based.

I felt bad afterwards and will change this attitude next time we play.
I look forward to it.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Killthestory »

thats only natural from the way i play lol. No worries dude, im naturally aggressive and combative, but i cant really change it. i dont know how to play any other way without eventually cracking
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2431, Killthestory wrote:thats only natural from the way i play lol. No worries dude, im naturally aggressive and combative, but i cant really change it. i dont know how to play any other way without eventually cracking
All good!
I should learn to accept this! :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:29 pm

In post 2428, Killthestory wrote:LOL DUDE

lets review the facts here
-you can use your silly buzzwords but i caught scum and you didnt
-i was town but apparently you cant scumread. thats not my fault. i was clearly town as well, and my play does not differentiate at all. its the content that matters. and then theres also the fact that you had all wrong scumreads but were not going to get into that

Everyone had bad reads, not just me. I can't help it if townies look more like scum then scum does. Maybe those townies should learn from that lesson.

At least Im able to play and have people town read me and managed not to get lynched.
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Killthestory »

read the next post after that and then make your pretentious post please
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Wisdom »

fwiw I do analyze myself and I have recognized most of my mistakes in here and in the dead PT.

Lots of times I feel like what I'm posting clearly expresses my mind when it really doesn't - along with Masquerade's fix in is a perfect example of this. Like, in that example I wanted to convey the "I'd like you to see through my eyes" point yet all I achieve is sound arrogant and give the impression I think I am a scumhunting god and you should sheep me. I think people might still think that's what I think while it's completely untrue but I am to blame for this with the tone of my posts. This is not something unique to this game, this is a common occurrence for me because I stupidly expect people to think like I do as if they have my thoughts in their head.

And well, the other problem is I just can't ignore people. I knew it harms the game to continue answering to Jeanne and Jake, and I knew it because I'm among the first to break up such fights when they don't involve me, in other games. Yet I continued doing it because I cannot stand letting words I consider wrong just lie there in the thread when I can try to post and try to make the other see how they're wrong. But in the end I make it worse.

These are the prime flaws I see in my play - Jake's "he didn't play like town" or "he didn't play to his win condition" or Jeanne's "he didn't consider all the possibilities" or Maestro's "you didn't let us get through to you" (this is in the dead PT) are complete bullshit in my opinion and I cannot take them seriously because they're objectively wrong.

Sorry if I made this game less fun for anyone.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:32 pm

In post 2434, Killthestory wrote:read the next post after that and then make your pretentious post please

You want to take credit for "catching" somebody you only voted because they voted you and no other reason. Go right ahead. Have your glory :lol:
Show
Things I've learned.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2436, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 2434, Killthestory wrote:read the next post after that and then make your pretentious post please

You want to take credit for "catching" somebody you only voted because they voted you and no other reason. Go right ahead. Have your glory :lol:

Or maybe you should realize that people can have reasons for scumreading people you might not be able to agree with yet still be right. What you are doing now and what you kept doing during the game is think that if you don't agree with the reasoning for something, that something is trash and doesn't exist.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Killthestory »

@Wisdom, now i'm not gonna say that objectively makes you a better player already, but taking these mistakes and learning from them is what makes the great even better. i like your playstyle, and i like your character. so thanks for making that post pham

@Jake, read the next post after that and then make your pretentious post please.

also, if you simply think i omgused him or whatever the fuck you want to call it, then im not sure how if theres any available help for you
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:38 pm

In post 2435, Wisdom wrote:fwiw I do analyze myself and I have recognized most of my mistakes in here and in the dead PT.

Lots of times I feel like what I'm posting clearly expresses my mind when it really doesn't - along with Masquerade's fix in is a perfect example of this. Like, in that example I wanted to convey the "I'd like you to see through my eyes" point yet all I achieve is sound arrogant and give the impression I think I am a scumhunting god and you should sheep me. I think people might still think that's what I think while it's completely untrue but I am to blame for this with the tone of my posts. This is not something unique to this game, this is a common occurrence for me because I stupidly expect people to think like I do as if they have my thoughts in their head.

And well, the other problem is I just can't ignore people. I knew it harms the game to continue answering to Jeanne and Jake, and I knew it because I'm among the first to break up such fights when they don't involve me, in other games. Yet I continued doing it because I cannot stand letting words I consider wrong just lie there in the thread when I can try to post and try to make the other see how they're wrong. But in the end I make it worse.

These are the prime flaws I see in my play - Jake's "he didn't play like town" or "he didn't play to his win condition" or Jeanne's "he didn't consider all the possibilities" or Maestro's "you didn't let us get through to you" (this is in the dead PT) are complete bullshit in my opinion and I cannot take them seriously because they're objectively wrong.

Sorry if I made this game less fun for anyone.

Your bigges issues is really your attitude and arrogance. When people ask you questions, regardless of your alignment you should respond but especially when you are town.

When people ask you for reasons for your scum reads, it shouldn't be like pulling teeth to get them from you and people shouldn't have to force you by voting you.

When you tell other people to look at motivations of the person they are attacking and consider the other town motivation in them, you should take your own advice.

I mean sure I was set in my ways about who I was scum reading but I at least was able to articulate why your reasons for farmer were bad. Every reason you gave was more likely to come from town but you refused to listen. You refused to consider your own advice.

I don't think you will work on changing.
Show
Things I've learned.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:38 pm

In post 2437, Wisdom wrote:
In post 2436, Jake from State Farm wrote:

Or maybe you should realize that people can have reasons for scumreading people you might not be able to agree with yet still be right. What you are doing now and what you kept doing during the game is think that if you don't agree with the reasoning for something, that something is trash and doesn't exist.

He actually didn't even have any reasons. I just went back to double check and nothing he posted made any sense.
Show
Things I've learned.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:39 pm

In post 2438, Killthestory wrote:@Wisdom, now i'm not gonna say that objectively makes you a better player already, but taking these mistakes and learning from them is what makes the great even better. i like your playstyle, and i like your character. so thanks for making that post pham

@Jake, read the next post after that and then make your pretentious post please.

also, if you simply think i omgused him or whatever the fuck you want to call it, then im not sure how if theres any available help for you

Your refusal to admit it was omgus proves there is no hope for you. You gave shit reasons for scum reading him. Aka you just got lucky
Show
Things I've learned.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by Killthestory »

i disagree.

attitude and arrogance are something thats also in my play. that doesnt mean my scumreads are any less right in some games, any less wrong in others, and im not protown or not protown enough. attitude and arrogance have absolutely nothing to do with the game, so there not problems.

stubborness is a major problem in mafia community, but i didnt see it from wisdom. he is able to admit his reads were wrong and progress them. so im not sure where youre getting that from
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by Killthestory »

alright now youre just making a fool of yourself. clearly exhibiting all the shit i just said not to. whatever

im done arguing. arguing with someone who only sees their own perspective gains no ground, but causes much frustration
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Wisdom »

You're wrong, Jake, and your ideas about how town has to act as if there is a set behavior for town are very wrong, as already discussed. Town can do whatever the hell they want if it will get them reads, as long as they can avoid being mislynched. Did I get mislynched? Nope. Did I get scum? Yes. In my opinion I succeeded in playing a vig, something that is hard for me because I am used to playing VT and obvtowning in D1.

Also, like Jeanne, you're making the mistake of thinking that just because I don't show doubt in my reads inthread, there isn't any. You're wrong. I considered farmer-town lots. I wasn't seeing it. Your calling my reasons bad did nothing to help me because you did not understand my reasons in the first place, just like you're not understanding how KTS figured out Dier was scum. You don't have depth when it comes to understanding others.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2441, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 2438, Killthestory wrote:@Wisdom, now i'm not gonna say that objectively makes you a better player already, but taking these mistakes and learning from them is what makes the great even better. i like your playstyle, and i like your character. so thanks for making that post pham

Your refusal to admit it was omgus proves there is no hope for you. You gave shit reasons for scum reading him. Aka you just got lucky

This is a good exhibit for what I'm talking about.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Dierfire »

Hurrah, we won!

Well played, Shiro and nnn_thekushmountains, and thanks for carrying me to victory! I thought that you both did well to stay below the radar.

@Wisdom

Nice shot!

@Mod

Thanks for running the game! Now I have some new material to listen to.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Dierfire »

Oh, and I've no objection to having the Mafia PT released.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

Mafia pt will be released.

Plus if I see the current heat in post game discussion remains I will lock this thread. Please keep it civil.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Thanks for the game FA!