Eggman
Eggman
Goon
Eggman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by Eggman »

For some reason, I thought that the wagon was on F-oh-ex, which is why I quoted that Creature post. But I did trust in the Neopolitan claim. Nice play with that, F-oh-ex.
DGB, why didn't you claim hitting Infinity?
F-oh-ex
F-oh-ex
Goon
F-oh-ex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by F-oh-ex »

Funny thing is, I didn't intend to crumb Neapolitan. It's legit my favourite dessert.
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Sméagol »

Coming up

I have 2 games lined up for the near future. This will be after my holiday, in September. I plan to do a micro first, though I have to develop it further first, and after that I'll do my first mini theme, which is practically ready, and has been reviewed by Ircher.

M
y
s
t
e
r
y
B
o
x
M
a
f
i
a
(micro theme)
Players start out with
a
role, but can exchange it once a day for what's in the box. This can be better.. Or worse. And you'll be stuck with it until the next day- and night cycle. Once every 24 hours or so, I'll put something new in the box myself. I'll have to develop this further, it started as a closed initial set-up with a specific set of roles which would rotate in and out the mystery box, but I've decided I want to randomly generate these roles to certain extent, and I'm thinking I may want to do so with the initial set-up itself. Roles would exist of the actual role, and a modifier, which could be good or bad.

B
i
n
a
r
y
M
a
f
i
a
(mini theme)
Everone has 2 roles (or modes as I call them in-game). You choose whichever you want to use before the next day- and night cycle. Only one mode is active, and the other mode's abilities are not available / active. A generic example: you may have an active investigative ability in mode 1, and a passive protective ability in mode 2. You need to choose which one you want to use the next day- and night cycle. There will be a few vanilla equivalents though. Like I said it's practically ready, though I may change a role. But I want to do a quick micro first, so I'm joining the micro queue first in September.
Last edited by Sméagol on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
: none
/
running
/
coming up
: large normal (18p) / micro theme (9)
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Fine by me to release the scum PT
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2027, Sméagol wrote:Binary Mafia (mini theme)
Everone has 2 roles (or modes as I call them in-game). You choose whichever you want to use before the next day- and night cycle. Only one mode is active, and the other mode's abilities are not available / active. A generic example: you may have an active investigative ability in mode 1, and a passive protective ability in mode 2. You need to choose which one you want to use the next day- and night cycle. There will be a few vanilla equivalents though. Like I said it's practically ready, though I may change a role. But I want to do a quick micro first, so I'm joining the micro queue first in September.
Prein me for this
I prefer they, thanks :)
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Review thread, for people who were interested in seeing how the setup was assessed for balance (it took a while, with several reviewer replacements; Sméagol's setups tend to be fairly complex and unusual and thus need extra time to review). Any opinions on the setup balance-wise?
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:27 pm

BTW, after rereading that review thread:

Sméagol, you're going to have to explain to me what use a Vengeful Fruit Vendor could possibly be, because I'm not seeing it. You can confirm your role after you're being lynched by giving someone a piece of fruit, but wouldn't it be confirmed by the flip anyway?
scum
town
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

The setup looks somewhat scumsided to me; the issue I have is that I doubt people would expect 2 rolecops to be in the setup, and that kind of defeats the purpose of the rolecop neighborhood (which presumably is to give results to each other).
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:22 pm

No, the reason it's a neighbourhood is to give a clue that something screwy is going on. If someone claims Rolecop and you're considering counterclaiming them, but they're you're neighbour, then you're likely to think twice.

This is something I saw as a potential problem, though.
scum
town
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:27 pm

Post by Sméagol »

In post 2029, Dwlee99 wrote:Prein me for this
Will do. I'll notify you when sign-ups start, which will be end September / begin October, I will enter the queue when my micro has started.
In post 2030, callforjudgement wrote:Review thread, for people who were interested in seeing how the setup was assessed for balance (it took a while, with several reviewer replacements; Sméagol's setups tend to be fairly complex and unusual and thus need extra time to review). Any opinions on the setup balance-wise?
Ah come on, you and I both know that's not why it took 3 months.
In post 2031, callforjudgement wrote:BTW, after rereading that review thread:

Sméagol, you're going to have to explain to me what use a Vengeful Fruit Vendor could possibly be, because I'm not seeing it. You can confirm your role after you're being lynched by giving someone a piece of fruit, but wouldn't it be confirmed by the flip anyway?
Not sure if serious. It was a joke suggestion, and it wouldn't have served any other purpose than being an example role PM, and showing players what a role PM of a non-vanilla would look like (as an alternative to the 1-shot mafia cop used in the OP currently). That said, if I recall correctly, what I had in mind was a mafia fruit vendor who would kill someone upon death (by lynching). If you've been rereading the review: this is exactly why I wanted to add slashes in role names. And that said, I love to include unexpected joke roles which still serve some purpose. Expect a Vengeful Fruit Vendor in some other future game.
In post 2032, Infinity 324 wrote:The setup looks somewhat scumsided to me; the issue I have is that I doubt people would expect 2 rolecops to be in the setup, and that kind of defeats the purpose of the rolecop neighborhood (which presumably is to give results to each other).
Them being neighbours was also to hopefully make them aware sooner rather than later of the fact they're both role cops. Unfortunately the didn't claim in the neighbourhood, in fact, Dragon investigated his neighbour on night 1. I would like to know what Dragon would have done with that info if Robb weren't killed. I don't know how common or uncommon it is for neighbours to claim in the neighbourhood. Anyway, I was obviously fine with the possibility that they wouldn't work together.
I'm influenced by.. I believe Hoopla's thread, about normal balancing. But that discussion was after the game had started.
Now
I'd definitely add another town role, though I'd also add something to the mafia to give them a better chance of the power absorber working. Not sure what I'd add, but it would probably be a doctor or roleblocker, both roles which have been in older iterations of the set-up. I think I'd go with the doctor.

@Callforjudgement
In hindsight, what would you think of:

mafia
(1-shot) power absorber
mafia
neapolitan
mafia
vanilla
town
(1-shot) bulletproof / backup miller
town
rolecop / neighbour
town
rolecop / neighbour
town
(3-shot) vigilante
town
doctor
town
vanilla
town
vanilla
town
vanilla
town
vanilla
town
vanilla

?

For mods or other players with an interest in set-ups, the review includes another set-up which was dismissed, and includes a role which will definitely see use in other set-ups.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Post by Sméagol »

Oh and another funny thing, I saw someone post the power absorber role in the Grand Idea thread a few days ago.. Albeit in a less wordy fashion.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:31 pm

In post 2034, Sméagol wrote:
In post 2030, callforjudgement wrote:Review thread, for people who were interested in seeing how the setup was assessed for balance (it took a while, with several reviewer replacements; Sméagol's setups tend to be fairly complex and unusual and thus need extra time to review). Any opinions on the setup balance-wise?
Ah come on, you and I both know that's not why it took 3 months.
Reviewers flake fairly often. That review took an exceptionally long time even allowing for the reviewer flakes, though.

(Part of it is that if the setup is simple I can often determine it to be balanced within 24 hours, but something like this takes a lot longer. It means that the reviewers have a tendency to repeatedly put it off. It also means that I can be far from confident that the setup is balanced even when the review is finished. I don't begrudge that – it wouldn't do to have all the Mini Normals look the same – but it's something that can hold things up for a while.)

As for your alternate setup, I'd be worried that the whole thing can break apart very easily if the vigilante ends up having to claim, and it'd take me hours of staring at it to figure out the balance (which is something that I'm not particularly sure I want to do right now), because of the complexity involving odd/even considerations and trying to work out how quickly the town power roles are likely to die. At a very preliminary guess, I'd guess that it's scumsided unless there's a massclaim, and it's townsided with a partial massclaim in which all roles but protectives claim. (This is a property we don't want more than a small proportion of setups to have; you can prevent people breaking a setup by massclaim simply by relying on the fact that players won't know that the massclaim would help, but if massclaims become useful in enough setups, then people will start doing them D1 as part of site meta. There's theory reasons to want protectives and VTs to claim the same thing if doing a massclaim "early", and I've known players to claim "protective or VT" for that reason before now.)
scum
town
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by Sméagol »

Haha, don't bother, this set-ups done. Thanks anyway! Aspiring mods,
treasure
Callforjudgement if she's your reviewer.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:59 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 2027, Sméagol wrote:
Coming up

I have 2 games lined up for the near future. This will be after my holiday, in September. I plan to do a micro first, though I have to develop it further first, and after that I'll do my first mini theme, which is practically ready, and has been reviewed by Ircher.

M
y
s
t
e
r
y
B
o
x
M
a
f
i
a
(micro theme)
Players start out with
a
role, but can exchange it once a day for what's in the box. This can be better.. Or worse. And you'll be stuck with it until the next day- and night cycle. Once every 24 hours or so, I'll put something new in the box myself. I'll have to develop this further, it started as a closed initial set-up with a specific set of roles which would rotate in and out the mystery box, but I've decided I want to randomly generate these roles to certain extent, and I'm thinking I may want to do so with the initial set-up itself. Roles would exist of the actual role, and a modifier, which could be good or bad.

B
i
n
a
r
y
M
a
f
i
a
(mini theme)
Pre-in me for these, please.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:18 am

Post by Titus »

So DGB lied about their shot? #confused

I am sorry for low activity. Had a lot of work hit.

@Fix, You did damn well for your first scumgame. Be proud. You took advice very well too.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:18 am

Post by Titus »

@Fox, Well you were good period.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I had this game solved I wish I rolled BP
I prefer they, thanks :)
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2033, callforjudgement wrote:No, the reason it's a neighbourhood is to give a clue that something screwy is going on. If someone claims Rolecop and you're considering counterclaiming them, but they're you're neighbour, then you're likely to think twice.

This is something I saw as a potential problem, though.
Maybe, I guess it's a risk you take with the setup.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2039, Titus wrote:@Fix, You did damn well for your first scumgame. Be proud. You took advice very well too.
Agree with this
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

F-oh-ex
F-oh-ex
Goon
F-oh-ex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:09 am

Post by F-oh-ex »

In post 2041, Dwlee99 wrote:I had this game solved I wish I rolled BP
Precisely why you were #1 candidate for a NK.

And thanks, @Titus, @Infinity 324 :3
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Sméagol »

Yeah, like I said, props to Fox for being a role model to his fellow newbies. He kept it together when he initially was teamed up with 2 idiots, but when they got replaced, he, Infinity and Titus made a nice team. Mafia win was definitely deserved.
In post 2038, NJAC wrote:Pre-in me for these, please.
I'll put you on the list, and notify you when they start sign-ups.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2039, Titus wrote:So DGB lied about their shot? #confused

I am sorry for low activity. Had a lot of work hit.

@Fix, You did damn well for your first scumgame. Be proud. You took advice very well too.
I didn't lie, I got confused

I'm really sorry about that stupid mistake of mine.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by Titus »

I didn't mind. I got to mislynch the great DGB. I feel bad for you as a person but you have nothing to apologize for. We're human.

Sad thing is, I would have fought to save you. I felt bad not doing that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:31 am

Post by NJAC »

So, where's the scum PT?
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by Sméagol »

Sorry guys, last time I logged in I was waiting for Dragon's reply to open the neighbourhood pt, but he hasn't replied to my pm, so I'm assuming he doesn't object or care. I'll make all the relevant pt's public tomorrow when I get back from my holiday, can't be arsed to do that from the phone.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r