Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:55 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 2021, Impoetic wrote:2 votes vs. whatever was on Tam when MC could have joined one of his partners no problem, right? 1 mafia and 1 town does not a counterwagon make, and the third town there came afterwards. I should also like to point out it was Pacman that was actually lynched, not you, even though I don't remember any real reason for the wagon on you to be less effective than the one on pacman? Then again, my memory is the worst of anyone I've met so like.
It's not necessarily the number of votes that matter, it's the timing of the wagon. Finish reading this page, particularly my , and you'll see what I mean.
In post 2021, Impoetic wrote:The fact that it's the *only* thing that bothered you is why I think this logic which just looks a bit too convoluted and not like something that would cause a visceral reaction. I myself would never see it that way if I weren't predisposed to being worried about Accountant, and I wouldn't really doubt my conviction over that alone even if I did think that was an obvious way of looking at it. It's possible that's just a difference in mindset, but I feel that it could also be a scumtell.
Here's an explanation as to what spurred that thought process.

When I play scum, I'm very tactical minded. So, when I see scum hammer themselves, I think that it doesn't make tactical sense for scum to hammer themselves if there is even a slight chance that their buddy could hammer them and get any town credits, no matter how small.
In post 2021, Impoetic wrote:Lmao I might steal that answer sometime if you don't mind.

I was actually looking for you to show your thought process -- i.e. how my posts are towny, when you decided I was towny, etc.
I can see how that could look flippant, but I really didn't mean for it to, but I'm not going to quote every post that you made and explain why I think it's town. The general feel I get from your posts is that you are town. You have not shown any kind of agenda at all, and that's not something I can say about MC.

Yes, the No Gun result from JJD certainly helped, but the fact of the matter is, when I posted that it's either MC/ira or you/ira, those were the only two possibilities, and I couldn't ignore the fact that there must be a Mafia Doctor in the setup, and it could have been you.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:56 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 2024, Impoetic wrote:
In post 2007, MURDERCAT wrote:This game requires a full reread, I'll get to it.
huh?

I thought you were feeling confident we were going to win this and certain you could lynch in me and Xkfyu w/o problem, and wanted us to give our best arguments.

Also your "feeling pretty confident we're going to win this" just went from a towntell to a mild scumtell in my eyes. or at least NAI. I've honestly been sheeping jae on you all this time and probably need to iso you now because xkfyu and accountant have succeeded in freaking me out. I think accountant's still probably town.

I don't understand why you suddenly seem to be viewing the stakes as higher. You did know it was MYLO, unlike xk or me, and you were happy not to reread when asking us to give arguments. I hate to say all that because it's like I'm complaining that you're trying to find scum which is not what I want to do but I don't understand where you're coming from and would like more exposition. I don't mind the fact that you're rereading; I mind the fact that I don't know where your reread is coming from.

Did I say that OK?
You said it perfectly, and I've touched on the very same thing.

His confidence in winning this game by lynching one of us doesn't coincide with his utter lack of concern about which one of us is lynched.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 5.02

MURDERCAT (1):
Xkfyu

Not Voting (3):
MURDERCAT, Impoetic, Accountant

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-08-14 23:30:00)
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by Accountant »

I ISO'd MURDERCAT.

Observations:
1) A lot of his posts seem to be very off the cuff. I don't get a sense they're calculated or premediated, and I think they express his genuine opinions. Good scum can fake this, though.

2) A rough progression of his reads would be that he scumread JJD and Xkfyu while townreading ira, Tam, me and Bacde. I think it's definitely true he pushed on Xkfyu as a counterwagon to Tam, and we ended up with pacman as a sort of compromise between the two. The reason he gives for this counterwagon is that he hates the Tam wagon and TRs Tam.

3) He spends quite some time positioning himself as obvious town(to the point of outright stating it at one point), synching with JaeReed, Bacde and later me. I'm genuinely unsure how to feel about this. My gut tells me it's fishy, but I can see why a town would want to look towny.

@MURDERCAT I'd like a summary of why you think Xkfyu is bad. Don't use quotes or examples. Speak in as broad terms as possible so I can get the full picture(eg. "Xkfyu has been consistently pushing mislynches, Xkfyu keeps misrepping people").
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

Okay would scum not know this, Accountant?
NAI. Too easy to fake. Heck, he could easily be scum who genuinely didn't know it was MyLo - I've seen that happen before.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Accountant »

When I play scum, I'm very tactical minded. So, when I see scum hammer themselves, I think that it doesn't make tactical sense for scum to hammer themselves if there is even a slight chance that their buddy could hammer them and get any town credits, no matter how small.
If that was the case then the partner looks bad for hammering a dude in a situation where it's optimal for that dude's buddy to hammer him.

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Ok I just skimmed the last bit, I am confident we will win but I still want to make sure before I vote.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Accountant go read either of my scum games, if you are choosing one, do Ranger's micro. Watch how I interact with my scum reads there and what I did with Ira and Tam here. Xk is basically confirmed scum for me now based on how he is pushing me, watch how us three come in to the day unsure and questioning and he has a lynch in mind from the beginning. If you can't read through how obvious it is he is scum pushing a mislynch right now I don't know what to tell you.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Accountant »

I have a policy of not giving a fuck about meta

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Oh and the reason you should read Ranger's micro is because JR was on me most of that game and it was pure town read this game.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Eh ok. Maybe I'll go to the library and respond to stuff, I have no wifi in my new apartment yet.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Accountant »

I think on a re-read I've found some stuff that seems odd but none of it adds up to anything conclusive. Like when I examine my own thought process I just can't say that "MURDERCAT is scum because X", it doesn't exist. Every time I try to form my thoughts like that it makes X look weak, leaky or vague, which is a hint(at least in the way I conceptualize my reads) that the case against MURDERCAT simply falls apart

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Also, compare how I acted this game to the KTS game when I was treated as confirmed town. Like once I am town read that much I go into a certain mode where I'm not worried about looking scummy or anything.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

I'll try to get to the library tonight so we can end this, I think I'll just glance at XK's ISO to make sure nothing sticks out as obv town and I want to look at the pacman lynch and who wouldn't join me on XK.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 2037, MURDERCAT wrote:Also, compare how I acted this game to the KTS game when I was treated as confirmed town. Like once I am town read that much I go into a certain mode where I'm not worried about looking scummy or anything.
Accountant wrote:I have a policy of not giving a fuck about meta

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by Accountant »

VOTE: Xkfyu

This is in order at this point, impo is almost certainly not scum(and we're all dead if she is anyways).

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Do you want me to vote and we can confirm impo? I trust you 100%
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

you're already voting :P

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Nah he's voting me
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by Accountant »

whups

Yeah go ahead, I have no fear of impo being scum who hammers(since if she's scum she's going to win sooner or later like I said before).

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

VOTE: Xk

Impo just give an I'm not hammering then I will go through and answer anything you want.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Impoetic »

I'm not hammering.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by Accountant »

well, impo is confirmed. big surprise.

Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Impoetic »

In post 2036, Accountant wrote:I think on a re-read I've found some stuff that seems odd but none of it adds up to anything conclusive. Like when I examine my own thought process I just can't say that "MURDERCAT is scum because X", it doesn't exist. Every time I try to form my thoughts like that it makes X look weak, leaky or vague, which is a hint(at least in the way I conceptualize my reads) that the case against MURDERCAT simply falls apart
(How are you not older than me)
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Cool. We win!

Lemme answer your questions tomorrow, I'll do a whole big case.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”