chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:51 am

Post by chilledtea »

I still think the game was balanced. I have always held the belief that the night actions should help the town a little more than scum, and ultimately the day game should be the final factor in victory or defeat of any alignment.

If the doctor did die early then that's that. The town gets points for catching the doctor early. After all if the town gunsmith/cop/doctor whatever had died earlier at the hands of the scum the scum always gets the benefit of finding the PR. Town found scum early, and scum didn't handle their PRs properly.

As I said before in the review thread, there needs to be a range of acceptance of balance where something is not easily predictable just because it is considered as balanced. That predictability almost gets rid of the advantage of closed setups.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:08 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Wrt Bg protecting scum, it's basically an lol village thing. Not likely but as discussed, towns are dumb.

Wrt RB vs doc, I completely disagree, especially in a setup with five town prs. Vig is highly prone to shoot a vaguely scummy looking player who's actually a town or on n1 or n2. One reason some prs look scummy is they're laying low to avoid nk, but that makes them vig bait. In this setup, a n1 vig of tracker or gunsmith is highly possible.

I would agree that a super early lynch of doc is brutal on scum team, but lynching the mafia PR basically SHOULD be near game-ending (you see that in newbies wrt the RB for instance), and a doc claim is lynch proof under duress d1, and will draw a gunsmith n1 most likely, and probably NOT a vig shot. So imo the scum doc dying early is super unlikely barring a random n1 vig on a non claim getting really lucky, so "what if that happens" is imo not strongly worth worrying about.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:14 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2650, chilledtea wrote:Town found scum early, and scum didn't handle their PRs properly.
And scum still won. If you're arguing town played better than scum, then that supports the idea there was a balance issue wrt the result. Some of it was lol village at the end, but imo towns power was low compared to the norm, especially adjusted for scum power.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:17 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2650, chilledtea wrote:As I said before in the review thread, there needs to be a range of acceptance of balance where something is not easily predictable just because it is considered as balanced. That predictability almost gets rid of the advantage of closed setu
This I agree with. Scum getting two useful PRs to counter towns very limited and non coordinated power set was imo outside that range. MAYBE that's ok with a scum doc and two goons. Even then I'd want to think on it. Throwing on a vanilla cop was imo way too much.
Show
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:24 am

Post by chilledtea »

I was saying, that in the hypothetical situation that the Mafia Doctor died early, the fault lies with the Mafia team for not playing as a team as well as town, and NOT with the Mod for including a Mafia Doctor in the setup or with the balance.

The town did not play that well on day 4 and 5. Lynching Karnos and realizing that it is a mislynch, and then taking elyse's lynch lightly. That cost the game. IMO town played way better than scum on the first 3 days, the last two days town lost the game. Inactivity is a common problem amongst town and it helps scum a lot more than we give it credit for.

Not much analysis was done by town on day 5 before lynching elyse. Not much spoilers were given in the dead thread, and the dead have displayed a good dose of analysis in the dead thread. Ultimately to win you as town you need to analyse as well. Elyse's inactivity really hurt town though, and ultimately that means that scum played a better team game.

In fact, town wasn't anywhere close to being as active as necessary during MYLO to win this game.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:36 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Yeah towns performance after I ate a bullet for Nero was LOLOLOLOL. Mechanically it was the right play but I wish I'd just holstered despite being a scumspect slot.
Show
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Nexus »

'We are not makers of history. We are made by history.' - Martin Luther King Jr.
Trans rights are human rights.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”