Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

TwoFace, I don't want to be mean, so I'm just going to say that perhaps you should spend some time familiarizing yourself with the site rules before you play again.

Tere, I get I didn't say why I replaced out in the scum thread nor in the game (I was busy, btw), and I get that TwoFace said 'game' which confused things, but I hope that next time instead of jumping to vilify someone, you'll at least wait to give them a chance to explain themselves. If I remember correctly, my activity which wasn't great to begin with was already trickling off. I think offering yourself up to be modkilled as punishment is extreme and in my opinion it's not your place, it's the mod's, even if I had done anything wrong, because the mod can at least talk to me, list mods can talk to me, you cannot. I don't know if you ever made the assumption that I could have integrity and that I could have been just busy, and that kind of hurt a bit. But I understand in the circumstances it was hard to do, and I acknowledge that replacing out is done with a heavy heart, it's not the greatest thing to do to a game I said I could commit to, though in this game I wasn't the only one to break that covenant.

I am sorry I wasn't better, though. You and Uzi deserved a scumslot that was halfway decent, and I applaud your ability to make that slot salvageable, you and Uzi played well.

Thanks for the game, mod, sorry again for the replace out.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:07 am

Post by TwoFace »

I'm pretty familiar with site rules
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:11 am

Post by TwoFace »

I never said your replacing out was against the rules. It was thor or House who said that.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Tere »

In post 2075, Save The Dragons wrote:TwoFace, I don't want to be mean, so I'm just going to say that perhaps you should spend some time familiarizing yourself with the site rules before you play again.

Tere, I get I didn't say why I replaced out in the scum thread nor in the game (I was busy, btw), and I get that TwoFace said 'game' which confused things, but I hope that next time instead of jumping to vilify someone, you'll at least wait to give them a chance to explain themselves. If I remember correctly, my activity which wasn't great to begin with was already trickling off. I think offering yourself up to be modkilled as punishment is extreme and in my opinion it's not your place, it's the mod's, even if I had done anything wrong, because the mod can at least talk to me, list mods can talk to me, you cannot. I don't know if you ever made the assumption that I could have integrity and that I could have been just busy, and that kind of hurt a bit. But I understand in the circumstances it was hard to do, and I acknowledge that replacing out is done with a heavy heart, it's not the greatest thing to do to a game I said I could commit to, though in this game I wasn't the only one to break that covenant.

I am sorry I wasn't better, though. You and Uzi deserved a scumslot that was halfway decent, and I applaud your ability to make that slot salvageable, you and Uzi played well.

Thanks for the game, mod, sorry again for the replace out.
Hey, sorry if you are upset with me. FTR I wasn't trying to vilify you. I'd seen discussion about you replacing out for strategic reasons in the game thread being posited, I had Thor townreading me because that would have been site bannable if my slot had, and I was in a difficult situation. I'd seen you had replaced into something and I've never played in mishmash so had no idea if it was casual or not /what the site rules are. I honestly think flagging my concerns to the mod and offering to be modkilled if they and the listmod thought it was the right way to go was the best solution. Yes of course they can talk to you but that is up to them to make that choice. Offering to do it isn't influencing that decision, it was showing I harboured no ill will if that was the decision they came to. It wasn't attempting to influence that decision and if that did come across in my choice of words I apologise.

Clearly they did not, it was all good, and I don't regret the ask because I felt way more comfortable and supported in that slot knowing they were both AOK with your play and it was fine under site rules. I asked for that as much for my own peace of mind as anything. I really grok being busy, I genuinely do, and since you have clearly read the scum thread you know I had a very genuine reason for replacing out too. I also have had accusations about replacing out for strategic reasons in that situ e.g. Refraction Mafia which I linked in game thread and I know it's really annoying.

Please take it as not a criticism of your play in any way. But I did feel more comfortable having made that check with the mods and it did help my play having done that. I am not doubting your integrity in any manner, OK? :)

*virtual olive branch*
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2077, TwoFace wrote:I never said your replacing out was against the rules. It was thor or House who said that.
What I said was that if he had replaced out strategically it would have been against site rules - I fully stand by that statement. It is, should be, and anyone who does it is a ponce.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:16 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

It's all good, Tere, and I shouldn't have left any room for doubt. I just wanted to come here and explain myself just in case anyone thought I was a ponce (though I'm not sure what that means).
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Tere »

In post 2080, Save The Dragons wrote:It's all good, Tere, and I shouldn't have left any room for doubt. I just wanted to come here and explain myself just in case anyone thought I was a ponce (though I'm not sure what that means).
All good here too *hugs* plz collect cupcakes from the deadboard TIA
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Clumsy »

They are pretty great cupcakes, gotta say.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by TwoFace »

I'm drunk for the first time in forever and man I want some Cupcakes.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Tere »

scum cupcakes:

TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by TwoFace »

Looks delicious
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by Tere »

Town cupcakes!

(cupcake imagery was being weird today, for realz)

TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by TwoFace »

Nah scum cupcakes

Tere, just saying if we ever play together I'm going to always think you're scum cause you are so towny as scum.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Tere »

In post 2087, TwoFace wrote:Nah scum cupcakes

Tere, just saying if we ever play together I'm going to always think you're scum cause you are so towny as scum.
<3 that's the idea and I am fine with that!

(I am meta - able though, from psychological drive. I think so anyway. Good luck :) )
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2080, Save The Dragons wrote:It's all good, Tere, and I shouldn't have left any room for doubt. I just wanted to come here and explain myself just in case anyone thought I was a ponce (though I'm not sure what that means).
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ponce

And I will note that the only person claiming it was strategic was Two Face, and he's scuttled from that position a while ago, so I suspect you're fine.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:07 am

Post by Lowell »

Nice job, town killed it. I got NKed and thought damn, did I actually get this right for once?

Nice to finally get a win after 10 years on site. GG.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Nexus »

“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.” - Winston Churchill