BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3375 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:50 am

Post by BlackVoid »

On Shadow's reads - I don't think all of his reads were dependent purely on Eager. I think he planned to get some reads based off of how people reacted to him and how he treated others but it's not going to go perfectly as planned.

He had Penguin and Gamma as his next suspects after Eager. explains his Penguin read pretty well. He thought Penguin had Eagersnake as null because Penguin was a hedging on his buddy. Gamma read is explained in . Then in , he starts trying to wagon Penguin because apparently, he wanted to see how Eager would react to a wagon on him. also explains why he scumreads Gamma and Penguin together. The rest just seemed to be varying degrees of town and null and he doesn't really go into reasons but does mention them in his ISO.

You seem to not buy Shadow's assertion that Eager and Penguin could be scum because Eager was pushing Penguin. But bussing is actually pretty common. Your reluctance to bus isn't something that applies to everyone, and I can see why Shadow thought Eager was bussing Penguin.

I think the bigger point is just how genuine and in-depth his thought process was here. You can tell that he truly believed Eagersnake was scum because he was hunting for Eager's hypothetical buddies and analyzing how they interact with him. That's just at a level I simply found impossible for Shadow-scum to have faked even when I was reading as a spectator.

Shadow may have loved WIFOM but I don't think he's a strong enough scum player to be able to pull off what he did. Did you meta Shadow by the way? His scumgame is actually not very strong. Even in the game you linked earlier, he was lynched mid-game and he wasn't a strong, vocal voice amongst the town.

I don't think the quote you posted is a lie so much as Shadow just misremembering what happened.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3376 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:10 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 6.15
LynchingWith 3 votes in play, it takes 2 to lynch.

Prism
(1): BlackVoid

Not Voting
(2): nn30, Prism

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-12-16 20:15:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3377 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:06 am

Post by nn30 »

I've spent the entire morning going over this game.

I still don't have it figured out.

MS is hard.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3378 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:31 am

Post by nn30 »

VOTE: Black Void

Final answer.

I have spent more time on this game in the last 2 days than on progressing my life forward. I'm done thinking and just need to choose.
Any constructive criticisms anyone is willing to offer for my play would be appreciated

@Dier - I hope you're right.

@Town - I made this decision for this reason: BV's flip on me today felt fishy. After I said that he should just vote me and get it over with, he conveniently flipped. That, combined with Prism's decision to vote him, means that his only chance is to win is to change my opinion.

Other reasons that led to my decision:

Spoiler:
Boring uses the same line to dissuade me that she uses on Prism:
In post 2946, boring wrote:I makes me question why you're on my wagon with him if you think he has ulterior motives. Since it's clearly unlikely that I'm SvS with that slot, why not vote Dierfire? He's likely scum in either scenario (me or Blackvoid), and it gives you time to decide what to do next.
In post 1965, boring wrote:@Prism, I don't get how you can be sitting on the bandwagon I'm leading and say I'm your second most likely scum. It makes no sense at all. I dug through his ISO and made a case today. I named him as probable scum end of day 2 too. If you really think I'm scum, wouldn't that make you question your read on LUV, of vice versa?

Spoiler:
This contradiction right here combined with the fact that he questioned my case on D1 today. See bolded in 2nd quote.
In post 2899, BlackVoid wrote: So, I'm fairly confident boring's partner is between Dierfire and nn30. Knowing I was wrong about Prism, one of my townreads on either Dierfire or nn30 is also wrong. It seems the consensus is that Dierfire is boring's partner but I think I want to read both their ISOs to see if I feel the same way as the others.
In post 2921, BlackVoid wrote:STRONG TOWN
nn30 - Self-vote + RQS response slightly scummy. Checking Eager's meta seems town but timeline seems off. Ask about this. Why PRs? But odd for scum to ask in thread. No opinions about RVS? Suspects Grendel due to response to Implosion, questions why Zoronos is town, then agrees with Zoronos to vote Implosion. Then agrees on Grendel-town. Wierd. Too much agreeing, stances change conveniently.
Not Boring's partner. The case isn't bad at all.

Spoiler:
BV didn't put any effort into the Dierfire decision until town had already come to a concensus.

Spoiler:
My promise to Dierfire.

Spoiler:
Shadow's scum PT where he laments that a town ascetic claimed D1.

Spoiler:
I re-read my D1 case against shadow. Nobody noticed it - and so I decided I must have been wrong. This may be self masturbation but on re-read it made a lot of sense. Shadow's reads didn't make sense with Eager's play. For example, Eager had parked a vote on Boring all day and yet Boring wasn't top town read? He also posted about Implosion's questioning of Eager being a reason to town read Implosion yet his list had Implosion in the middle of the pack. Additionally, Boring having her top town read as Shadow for dubious reasons (hint of grandiosity lolwut?) implies that she needed him there to justify the flip she would do on Eager when Shadow CC's.

Spoiler:
The fact that Shadow had me as 'ob town' D1 and suddenly decided I'm the lynch D2.
I'm out for the day. I have to get back to my life.

GG everyone. Was fun. I'd be happy to play with you guys in the future.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3379 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:36 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Dude, I'm town. You shouldn't have voted suddenly like that. It was really, really obvious that my predecessor was town to the point I'd have lynched the whole game before him. I thought you were going to give me more time to help you make the right decision and you just threw that out of the blue without giving me a chance to respond.

I realize this is just a game and I shouldn't get frustrated over it but honestly, this is what I hate about lylos. I pick right and someone else always manages to screw it up for god-knows-what reason. That's why I seriously considered trying to get you to vote Prism rather than leaving you with the deciding vote.

It seemed to me like you were leaning towards Prism anyways so that just came out of the blue and I don't know why flipped the way you did.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3380 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:38 am

Post by nn30 »

UNVOTE:
mind changed in the shower.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3381 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:41 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Holy crap, I thought that was the hammer. I completely forgot Prism never actually voted me. Nicely done.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3382 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:42 am

Post by nn30 »

F it.

VOTE: Prism
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3383 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:43 am

Post by nn30 »

THAT'S the hammer.

Fess up so I can get on with my life, BV.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3384 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:43 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Nah, I'm town. That was really well done. High-five.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3385 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:43 am

Post by nn30 »

YES
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3386 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:46 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Out of curiosity, did you vote me just to see my reaction or had you made your decision at that point?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3387 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:47 am

Post by nn30 »

This is a hard game. Holy fuck balls man. I scored in the 95th percentile for reading comprehension on the GRE and trying to read into the motivations of people on this game is goddamned impossible.

@Boring - your play failed to give away your partners. Well done, bravo, I might fear lynch you the next time we play together.

P-edit: That was my real decision. I was literally in the shower when I went back on it and I ran, naked and wet, back to the computer to unvote. Your anger flail sealed it.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3388 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:48 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Yeah, I got annoyed because it was so sudden. I had planned to give you an extensive case detailing why Shadow_Step was town.

Prism really screwed up by not cross-voting me.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3389 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:49 am

Post by nn30 »

WP BV.

@Town -
Constructive criticism of my play would be greatly appreciated
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3390 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:53 am

Post by BlackVoid »

You too. You made the right decision in the end even though Prism was really trying to pocket you. That's all that matters game-wise.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3391 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:21 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 6.16
LynchingFINAL

Prism
(2): BlackVoid, nn30

Not Voting
(1): Prism

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-12-16 20:15:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3392 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:25 am

Post by podoboq »

Prism
Mafia Goon
, was lynched Day 6.

Town wins
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3393 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:26 am

Post by podoboq »

Last edited by podoboq on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3394 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:27 am

Post by MariaR »

THANK THE FKING HOLY JESUS
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #3395 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

YES!
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3396 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:35 am

Post by nn30 »

Who else had it figured out?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3397 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:36 am

Post by eagerSnake »

everyone
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3398 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:36 am

Post by MariaR »

It was spoiled from the start
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3399 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:36 am

Post by MariaR »

I thought it was din over prism but I had boring/luv right away
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”