She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

LOL doublepost
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Grendel »

My losing streak has lifted!

I'm busy right now, but I'd like to come back later to give my thoughts on the game.

Looking forward to reading the scum PT too.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Prism »

Nice doublepost Prism. Real smooth.
In post 3422, nn30 wrote:Two things that got me Prism: Your hammer on Dier was over the top & you weren't interested in figuring out people's alignments in LyLo. You stuck to your town read on me without confirming it by finding scum motivation in shadow/BV
Yeah I realized a bit later that I had done too much with the length, and the rest of the game never got to see the humor that the other mafia did-making it uncharacteristic in your eyes. Specifically, the idea behind it when I made it was that it was a final post explaining to DF my vote, with the idea being that he deserved that much. One of the things I did that I was hoping would be picked up on was the way that I transitioned who my post was directed to-it gradually changes from an objective explanation to everyone, eventually shifting to solely addressing Dierfire. This was purposeful, and was meant to portray 1. That the post was for his sake 2. That I was earnestly becoming more and more convinced it was him as my reread progressed.

The LyLo was mainly due to time considerations, unfortunately, I had a lot more I wanted planned, including a thorough review of all three of you/BV/SS, but it never worked out like that. I think in general I needed a vastly different gameplan/approach to make Day 6 work with the time considerations in mind.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Prism »

I came on the verge of replacing out in LyLo but I really wanted to see it through, and it would have really sucked Podoboq had I done so. I thought I could make it work anyway. I feel bad for boring/LUV that I didn't.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Prism

I thought you played very well Prism.

The way you subtly diminished the possibility of Zoronos jailing Dierfire, and as a result, got Dierfire lynched was really impressive.

I think that you in general did a good job covering your bases, and your loss came more from outside influences then your actual play this game. I might go into detail later about some other points I thought you did well on.

You were also playing against Black Void at lylo. Based off of what I've seen and what BV has said, he is a scary strong player in lylo.
Prism wrote:I came on the verge of replacing out in LyLo but I really wanted to see it through, and it would have really sucked Podoboq had I done so. I thought I could make it work anyway. I feel bad for boring/LUV that I didn't.
Please don't ever replace out of a game at its end state. Its not fair to the other players. And its a huge pain for the mod.

Even if your faction loses at least you can say you cared enough to not abandon it!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 3429, Grendel wrote:Please don't ever replace out of a game at its end state. Its not fair to the other players. And its a huge pain for the mod.

Even if your faction loses at least you can say you cared enough to not abandon it!
That was the idea, and I am glad I saw it through, it's more just the lingering question of "What if?" because I honestly think anyone could have played that 3 way better than I did. I knew no one wanted to replace into a 120 page game-we got lucky the first time around with BV.

And again, as much as I'd love to blame my RL circumstances for it entirely, I definitely could have found a way despite them and I didn't. The players that show up win, and BV and nn both showed up the last day. They deserve full credit-as do several town players that didn't quite make it that far, such as Maria and Implosion.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 3427, Prism wrote:Nice doublepost Prism. Real smooth.
In post 3422, nn30 wrote:Two things that got me Prism: Your hammer on Dier was over the top & you weren't interested in figuring out people's alignments in LyLo. You stuck to your town read on me without confirming it by finding scum motivation in shadow/BV
Yeah I realized a bit later that I had done too much with the length, and the rest of the game never got to see the humor that the other mafia did-making it uncharacteristic in your eyes. Specifically, the idea behind it when I made it was that it was a final post explaining to DF my vote, with the idea being that he deserved that much. One of the things I did that I was hoping would be picked up on was the way that I transitioned who my post was directed to-it gradually changes from an objective explanation to everyone, eventually shifting to solely addressing Dierfire. This was purposeful, and was meant to portray 1. That the post was for his sake 2. That I was earnestly becoming more and more convinced it was him as my reread progressed.

The LyLo was mainly due to time considerations, unfortunately, I had a lot more I wanted planned, including a thorough review of all three of you/BV/SS, but it never worked out like that. I think in general I needed a vastly different gameplan/approach to make Day 6 work with the time considerations in mind.
The post was so long, I never actually read it all. I just saw the 'ladies and gentlemen' thing in huge letters and the music videos you stuck with it.

Funny in hindsight though :)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3432 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Prism »

Also, to Maria and PP who were of the opinion that I should have really replaced out given my anger-it was one outburst, and I immediately calmed down 30 minutes later after I went for a walk. I was being immature and irrational, and I didn't want to let 30 minutes of my temper flaring get in the way of literally months of meticulous planning and hard work. It also, again, would have sucked for Podoboq to do a replacement for me-we got incredibly lucky that BV was in the waiting.

Yeah, I felt horrible when I got townread for it, and hinted the best I could that it was
possible
for me to do it as scum because of it. It's not how I would have wanted to win at all. It's important to keep in mind here that I was not the one assigning an alignment read to it or trying to milk it-there was no rule stating
Prism will only try to replace out as town
that I was trying to subvert. That was everyone else's speculation as to what I would and wouldn't do as scum, and guessing incorrectly. The only things I did were 1. Get mad enough to want to replace out to begin with 2. Not want to let a 20/30 minute emotional outburst ruin something I sunk months into.

P-Edit: Yep, sometimes people notice, sometimes they don't-and that's just the way it goes, I needed to find better ways to draw attention to it, and numerous other things, without saying it myself. I won't reveal all my secrets this game because they're reusable later, but that was one.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3433 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Prism - I love the humility you're displaying here. You must be good people IRL.

p-edit: Shadow made me want to rage quit too. I'm not mad about that at all. It ended up doing you in anyways since his replace out is what started me thinking he was town. Karma I guess?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3434 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Prism »

Also I forgot about this because it's been so long but when PP claimed deputy I literally screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" for 5-6 seconds at my computer. You might as well have just shot me. I was adamantly expecting a BP (and for some reason I didn't claim it myself despite thinking it was optimal for several days). We got so unlucky with who the PRs were it was ridiculous-we shot a single VT at night and we still got basically mechanical autoloss. People just lynched Dierfire anyway for a reason I will never really know. Gamma's N1 investigation of Implosion was also genius and set town up extremely well for the rest of the game.

I remember nn once saying I purposely kept him alive and thinking to myself, "I wish, I haven't gotten to pick a kill since N1!" It all worked out in the end though, the game functioned wonderfully and we got a great game out of it.
In post 3433, nn30 wrote:@Prism - I love the humility you're displaying here. You must be good people IRL.
I really appreciate this, so thank you. It was a real joy playing with you, and I found it really pleasant even if I did tear out my hair a bit trying to figure out how to distill my posts optimally for you.
nn30 wrote:p-edit: Shadow made me want to rage quit too. I'm not mad about that at all. It ended up doing you in anyways since his replace out is what started me thinking he was town. Karma I guess?
You should read the scum PT, the irony was not lost on me at all.

In conclusion, I blame podoboq, for
being a wonderful mod with a great sense of humor who put up with a lot of shit
not guessing the magic word and therefore radically altering my gameplay. I was totally going to win until you chose not to guess.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3435 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm glad someone appreciates my choice. Many people in the dead thread were ragging on me about it. I felt he was significantly scummy to warrant a check, and it served the town well.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3436 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by boring »

Podoboq, I've been waiting pretty impatiently...

I'd really like to know your thoughts on how the game setup panned out. Specifically, if things unfolded more or less as you imagined.

P-edit: I agreed with your choice too, gamma. He was stubborn enough to rub people the wrong way, and persuasive enough to influence town. Whether he was town or scum, town needed to know.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3437 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Prism »

Man, I just read nn's post where he voted BV for the first time, and it's sinking in just how close I was despite how much I detested my level of play today. This just breaks my heart all over again.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3438 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I just sigged Prism's commentson my play.
<Embrace The Void>

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3439 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 3436, boring wrote:Podoboq, I've been waiting pretty impatiently...

I'd really like to know your thoughts on how the game setup panned out. Specifically, if things unfolded more or less as you imagined.
When I'm at a computer :)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3440 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 3434, Prism wrote:In conclusion, I blame podoboq, for
being a wonderful mod with a great sense of humor who put up with a lot of shit
not guessing the magic word and therefore radically altering my gameplay. I was totally going to win until you chose not to guess.
I had 0 interest in altering the game. Not playing your game was the only option.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3441 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Prism »

You won my heart anyway, even if you're not into playing games.

The magic word, by the way, was "Orlando".
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3442 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Prism »

I don't know what you would have done if you had actually guessed the word because obviously I had no plans to alter my play in any way, I think the real danger is if you had actually guessed it right and left me feeling obligated to do something as a reward.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3443 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:This is my second game as scum, currently playing my first game as scum so I still have no idea how to play this faction.
:facepalm:
That would be bad if all your other games finished before then. I've made that mistake before.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3444 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 23, boring wrote:I was a little shocked no one said anything either. But meh, there are a lot of egos in this game. Big egos are vulnerable to buddying.

I'd like to ride my "Gamma's protector" act a little further. He really is lynchbait, but he's got an uncanny knack for making it to MYLO/LYLO. So I can either bitch about his wagon and look credible when he flips. or have a buddy when things get tighter.

I do have a consistent issue with my scum play, though. People gut-read me as scum, and then rationalize their way out of it with my content. It seems like most people here are newish, so they'll try to appear rational as much as possible, but if we get too many people content to follow their gut remaining toward the end, I'm gonna have to be bussed.

I'll try to buddy a "logical" player as we go, though.

Prism and LUV, how are you at LYLO as scum? We may need a hero.
I ALSO have a tendency to get lynched D1.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3445 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I was expecting boring to go for a town leader position in this game but apparently she just wanted one that would lead to a win.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3446 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 65, Prism wrote:....

That didn't happen.

Kill: Implosion
I ALMOST COPPED THE KILL AGAIN WHAT THE FUCK
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3447 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Leaving me alive N2 would have meant:
Cop GE
Deputy PP
JK Zoronos
Cop clear of nn30
Ascetic SS
and Grendel, DF, Prism, and boring.
Not quite auto, but dangerous.
<Embrace The Void>

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3448 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 3447, Gamma Emerald wrote:Grendel, DF, Prism, and boring.
Not quite auto, but dangerous.
Town had 3 mislynches left, that would be auto.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3449 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Sorry, 2 mislynches, I counted the LyLo lynch.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”