She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Um, a secondary scum faction?
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 2121, nn30 wrote:
In post 2119, Zoronos wrote:So, unless this is multiball and the mod is taking pity on us and I hit the secondary kill, I doubt LUV's claim
Unpack this for me. Hit the secondary kill?
Crazy ass speculation for how this could possibly be balanced but even then it's unlikely.
2 scum teams or one team plus an SK, penguin doing the kill for second team / SK, thus hiding its existence. Wild speculation best ignored.
Hit the kill - phone shorthand for jailed the person performing the NK.

Even in multi ball I can't really see the level of protection a jailer and a doc could give being reasonable.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Zoronos »

Basically I can't think of any reason for a cop, doctor, and a jailer to all be in a mini. The power concentration for town would be off the charts.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2125, Gamma Emerald wrote:Um, a secondary scum faction?
Unlikely given the size of the game and the PRs at this point. If we're in a multi ball - which I don't think we are - it's a lone party.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Zoronos »

It's a dumb tangent I never should have started. Suffice that I jailed Penguin last night and in the event of my death figure shit out from there if multiple kills start showing up.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I'm thinking this mini is going to be an interesting amalgamation of roles.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm having a hard time deciding which one I believe more.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by boring »

In post 2122, PenguinPower wrote:He saying unless we're in a multiball setup since he jailed me, and there was only one NK, I would be a SK.
This is really WIFOMing me. I know you said that SK is the only other-faction option, but I disagree. I think with day-talk we may easily have two 2-player scum teams. Even then, it's possible that one or more of these claims could be scum claiming PRs within their faction to be more believable.

Not the point. The point is that you skipped that possibility and went straight to SK. I feel like this could very well be a slip.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Haha. Lame. I've now scum slipped and SK slipped. I'm the worst player ever.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Zoronos »

Deal with the possibility of multiple killing factions once we observe actual multiple kills.
We have plenty of crazy on the table in front of us.
I'm not stuck on a.mobioe device for a little while long (hopefully) thanks to this mechanic being a bad.
If someone wants to offer a compelling story of why LUV is town here and not just scum that ran out a doctor claim to see what counters they'd draw, soon is the time to make that argument.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by implosion »

Doc+cop+jk is by no means impossible. The "slots" thing Zoronos mentioned is sort of a half-truth in today's meta I'd say (it tends to be true most of the time but isn't entirely followed). Doc+jk is probably something that's occurred in minis but i cbf to look atm.

That said luv's claim is pretty suspicious in its own right (claiming doc when we already have a cop and having both a full cop and a full doc has died out pretty significantly over time on site meta). Looks generally more likely to be scum trying to draw a counterclaim as they go down than town. I see two options that I'd consider:

-lynch LUV,
-lynch an unclaimed. In this case we'd see who dies, massclaim tomorrow, and wing it from there. If we wind up getting no other power role claims it'd be reasonably likely that all three are telling the truth (at least, if scum have any power at all).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by implosion »

I think both of those are viable enough. Obviously if not LUV I'd want to lynch boring. I'd probably prefer that by a margin just because it's quite possible that LUV will die tomorrow? And even if he's scum, leaving him alive isn't
necessarily
bad because he'd have to explain why other PRs died if they die.

Unvote

Also, come to think of it, we have three claims from pretty straightforward strong PRs. Did any of the three of you breadcrumb? If not, did you think to?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Prism »

I was starting to scumread Zoronos so I'm glad he's the one cc'ing LUV. Between the two I'm still voting LUV and I'd be surprised if I was wrong.

Lynching outside isn't a bad idea, if we decide to do it my vote is probably going to be for boring. In boring's position as scum I would definitely be looking to bus to get some credibility back after that Day 1 and Maria kill. My next favorite choice after boring isn't really clear, I can see any of Gamma/PP/Dierfire/Grendel and I'm not voting Gamma today.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2135, implosion wrote:Doc+cop+jk is by no means impossible. The "slots" thing Zoronos mentioned is sort of a half-truth in today's meta I'd say (it tends to be true most of the time but isn't entirely followed). Doc+jk is probably something that's occurred in minis but i cbf to look atm.

That said luv's claim is pretty suspicious in its own right (claiming doc when we already have a cop and having both a full cop and a full doc has died out pretty significantly over time on site meta). Looks generally more likely to be scum trying to draw a counterclaim as they go down than town. I see two options that I'd consider:

-lynch LUV,
-lynch an unclaimed. In this case we'd see who dies, massclaim tomorrow, and wing it from there. If we wind up getting no other power role claims it'd be reasonably likely that all three are telling the truth (at least, if scum have any power at all).
Basically the mod likes to fuck with the players.
Anyway from what I remember DF wasn't LUV's strongest town read so the his doc target is itself suspect.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:06 am

Post by Zoronos »

I am a little astounded at how little anyone has to say, but okay.
VOTE: Little Uzi Vert

Boring, I was probably wrong about you. Oops.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:33 am

Post by boring »

In post 2139, Zoronos wrote:I am a little astounded at how little anyone has to say, but okay.
Little Uzi Vert

Boring, I was probably wrong about you. Oops.
I'm not sure about the rest of the party, but this is my first chance to goof off today.

Zoronos - the more I think about it, the more I believe your claim. I'm not so sure about LUV's just because it seems awfully convenient. How sure are you that he's false-claiming? The loss of a doc would SUCK.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm going to run the numbers on lynching inside and outside the protective roles soon.
<Embrace The Void>

boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:47 am

Post by boring »

In post 2141, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm going to run the numbers on lynching inside and outside the protective roles soon.
What do you mean?
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Zoronos »

Sure enough that I'm willing to put aside my suspicion for your slot and vote him over my scum read on Penguin; sure enough that my first reaction to seeing his claim was to roleclaim myself.

He was scummy before the claim, and then he claimed something that I just can't fathom being in the same 13-player game with a jailer. Which likely as not was the intent - claim a protection role to gain some value for team-scum and draw out a town protection role. I don't think anyone here is about to argue the 'based solely on his posting, ignoring his role claim, LUV has played Towny' so this was his only way to gain some value.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So if we believe that one of the protectives is lying, lynching inside gives a flat 50/50 chance of lynching scum or a PR.
However, If both are telling the truth, lynching outside gives a 3/7 chance of lynching scum/town, with the town likely being vanilla(this 7 player grouping is Dier, Grendel, PP, Prism, boring, Shadow, nn30).
Eliminating the likely town Shadow and Dier(because as much as I fought him on his reads I don't really scumread him currently) gives very good chances of lynching scum if we lynch outside of protectives.
UNVOTE:
I suggest we leave the protectives and have them both protect me.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm not sold on both being town though; this is a measure to avoid screwing anything over. And I can determine which one is real even if neither dies if
both
pledge to use their powers on me.
<Embrace The Void>

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:59 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I'm definitely considering LUV as scummier than Zoronos out of this interaction. I'm especially hesitant about voting for any PR claims at this point, so I'm willing to look off the wagon. I possibly would vote Boring and nn30 based on the VCA, D1, and recent interactions. I'm unwilling to vote Gamma, Implosion, or Shadow considering I believe Gamma's and Shadow's claims. So, that leaves Dierfire and Prism...haven't really looked into them so I'd have to re-read. So, yep, I'm going to go ahead and

UNVOTE:

While I re-read Dierfire and Prism.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:07 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 2145, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm not sold on both being town though; this is a measure to avoid screwing anything over. And I can determine which one is real even if neither dies if
both
pledge to use their powers on me.
You realize that as a jailer I'll roleblock you if I protect you, right?
I mean, I was going to do that anyway before LUV claimed, but c'mon now. Engage brain.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:08 am

Post by Prism »

On my phone and don't have time to look it up right now, but how do kills work onsite? Does only one mafia perform a kill or do a majority (ex. 2/3)? If it's the former I see 0 reason for Zoronos to jailkeep Gamma if both are real. He roleblocks the cop and prevents getting a pseudoreport of his own.

In the event LUV is real I would be shocked if Zoronos or some scum wasn't a roleblocker, doc/cop is too powerful to have no way to negate. He's not real though, so there's that.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Wait, Prism presents a good point.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”