Page 58 of 140

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:04 pm
by Lil Uzi Vert
Yeah later he clarified, which is why a few players were disappointed with the information he had gathered. Or disappointed with the fact that if he's town, he should have waited.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:05 pm
by Shadow_step
I was already on the PP wagon before voting snake and ccing later. As scum I don't have any real reason to do that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:10 pm
by Lil Uzi Vert
Can you explain why you claimed at the time you did then?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:18 pm
by Shadow_step
In post 1427, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Can you explain why you claimed at the time you did then?

Nn already asked me this question and I answered it. Only if you bothered to read the game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:19 pm
by Lil Uzi Vert
Why don't you want to explain it again?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:22 pm
by Shadow_step
1. I was going to claim day 1 anyway cause of my role.

2. I wanted to give us enough time to discuss it.

3. Waiting any longer was pointless because there wasn't much progress over the last 7 days, snake was clearly coasting and wasn't going to have any real damning interactions with anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:23 pm
by MariaR
These last 4 pages are trash

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:30 pm
by Lil Uzi Vert
In post 1430, Shadow_step wrote:1. I was going to claim day 1 anyway cause of my role.

2. I wanted to give us enough time to discuss it.

3. Waiting any longer was pointless because there wasn't much progress over the last 7 days, snake was clearly coasting and wasn't going to have any real damning interactions with anyone.


We still had another week. Plenty of time was left but if you saw Snake coasting, why didn't you call him out on it and try to encourage him to interact with others? Why didn't you build another case against him before dropping this one that you seem to have felt was going to be enough to hammer him and win us the game?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:31 pm
by Lil Uzi Vert
In post 1431, MariaR wrote:These last 4 pages are trash


Somewhat yeah.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:04 pm
by Shadow_step
Nobody would have voted him for a coasting case on day 1. Come one

Use Occam's razor.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:04 pm
by Shadow_step
On*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:36 pm
by Zoronos
In post 1406, Gamma Emerald wrote:But as LUV said, he could have claimed to make it look like one of us was one of his partners.

This is the craziest of possible theories. Why do complicated shit to throw shade when he could just do the simple thing and vote someone town?

(I am not caught up but holy shit this conspiracy rabbit hole stuff is crazy. Most scum play simple. They don't play unnecessarily complicated)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:44 pm
by Zoronos
Okay I caught up these last few pages are a complete circular set of pre-flip associatives. C'mon people, waste of time. Focus on the scum in front of us.
Furthermore, Shadow_Step's behavior fits no scum pattern I know of. It would be worthlessly unnecessarily complicated of a plan. He could have just sat on all of this and voted one of all the other trains. He was in no danger and had nothing pressing to make him stick his neck out in this way. So, yeah.

@Boring - You didn't answer the question I posed last night. The short version was "Who is your best non-Eager scum read, if you want you can assume Eager is scum for the sake of this exercise."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:49 pm
by podoboq
Official Vote Count 1.34
LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

eagerSnake (4): Shadow_step, boring, PenguinPower, Dierfire
boring (3): MariaR, implosion, nn30
Shadow_step (2): Lil Uzi Vert, Gamma Emerald
implosion (1): Prism

Not Voting (3): Zoronos, Grendel, eagerSnake


V/LA: none

Deadline: (expired on 2016-10-18 15:22:00)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:35 am
by implosion
This day is starting to really bore me. It's the same song and dance of the same people saying eager is town and the same people saying he's scum and no one budging. And I still have yet to see any reason that I agree with for me myself to budge.

I like boring more for scum than gamma at this point. She's my top scumread. I want to gut townread prism but I don't feel like I have any actually good reason to yet. Same with LUV, my gut says town and has for a while but I'm not sure where it's coming from. I could conceivably see dier as scum but still have no strong feelings on him; I'm also growing potentially suspicious of grendel, or at least he's not giving the townvibes he was.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:38 am
by implosion
As for why boring has gone up over gamma she just keeps posting things that feel scum-motivated, I think the way she's pushed eager makes a ton of sense as scum and she hasn't posted anything that has pinged me as town. Gamma has also started posting more things that give me a gut town feel. I'm probably going to have to just evaluate him better later.

The fact that multiple people have any inkling of suspicion towards shadow is still deeply confusing and distressing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:39 pm
by Zoronos
Nobody else has any thoughts... 'k.

Here's what I'm pondering, maybe someone can weigh in.
It feels like our trains are relatively solidifying on Boring vs Eager. Neither of those trains seems very 'difficult' - There isn't a lot of flip flop other than by Gamma.
Does that mean Scum are fine with this (because two town?) and don't feel a need to push an alternative (or have already settled in to bus)? I feel like neither train has faced a ton of headwind - There hasn't really been a struggle to get either to complete. Normally that's a red flag for me - When I have a good read on a scum usually someone is around to throw water on it. Not necessarily a scum - usually a townie in fact will just yell at me that I'm wrong - Scum tend to bus where I'm from if I have a solid read on their partner(s).
But I'm not feeling that here. There is no huge headwind on either train - The only player I've felt that is off in Narnia is LUV. Grendel is afk so maybe that's the problem? I brought this up a little re: Gamma the other day, but I kinda buy Dier's explanation about Gamma's behavior / alignment. Which was unexpected since I was kinda suspicious of Dier and I'd expect scum-Dier to take the opportunity to either throw shade on Gamma (if Gamma town) or simply to ignore the point (if Gamma scum), rather than absolve him.

That got a bit ramble-tastic. Not having anyone posting is boring lol.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:05 pm
by eagerSnake
Well make up your minds people

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:05 pm
by eagerSnake
Who's it going to be?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:42 pm
by MariaR
In post 1441, Zoronos wrote:Nobody else has any thoughts... 'k.

Here's what I'm pondering, maybe someone can weigh in.
It feels like our trains are relatively solidifying on Boring vs Eager. Neither of those trains seems very 'difficult' - There isn't a lot of flip flop other than by Gamma.
Does that mean Scum are fine with this (because two town?) and don't feel a need to push an alternative (or have already settled in to bus)? I feel like neither train has faced a ton of headwind - There hasn't really been a struggle to get either to complete. Normally that's a red flag for me - When I have a good read on a scum usually someone is around to throw water on it. Not necessarily a scum - usually a townie in fact will just yell at me that I'm wrong - Scum tend to bus where I'm from if I have a solid read on their partner(s).
But I'm not feeling that here. There is no huge headwind on either train - The only player I've felt that is off in Narnia is LUV. Grendel is afk so maybe that's the problem? I brought this up a little re: Gamma the other day, but I kinda buy Dier's explanation about Gamma's behavior / alignment. Which was unexpected since I was kinda suspicious of Dier and I'd expect scum-Dier to take the opportunity to either throw shade on Gamma (if Gamma town) or simply to ignore the point (if Gamma scum), rather than absolve him.

That got a bit ramble-tastic. Not having anyone posting is boring lol.
So you're saying you're scared that no one is forcing the lynch outside of these and that's because scum is okay with it?
Hm I see your point but I don't see any other better lynches then LUV and that clearly isn't happening

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:48 pm
by Zoronos
Not scared. More ruminating on possibilities.
The other explanation is that the scum have already decided on a bus and have written things off. Or are just sitting it out on secondary targets.

The useful take aways are that I liked Dier's explanation and it slightly reduced my impression that he was scummy, and my town read on LUV has degraded slightly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:58 pm
by MariaR
#flashwagon?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:08 pm
by Zoronos
I want to finish talking to Boring before contemplating flash wagons.

I am mentally weighing the Prism vs Implosion axis, because I am having a hard time making up my mind on Implosion. So, Prism's posting in terms of 'Here is how to play mafia effectively' goes along a lot of the same lines as my thinking about how you play the game (not necessarily same conclusions, but very similar mental rules for what to look for and what is meaningful). I want to say this is towny, but bias is so easy in that type of system. However, he is persecuting his reads pretty unerringly, so that is towny.
Now, on Implosion. He's been thin all game; that is, my general impression is that he doesn't do a lot to try and steer the conversation. He comments on this, but doesn't push. I am suspicious of anyone willing to just float along. However, he has had a few posts (I'm playing off the top of my head here rather than from notes / ISO, so if you want research it will have to be a follow up post later) that made me nod and decreased my suspicion. However, a body of work and a few posts aren't the same thing - It does mean he's not my top scum read, but I remain skeptical. When I last compiled a reads list, I had a note in there that said he couldn't be scum with SS (and I think one other player, but I forget who at this point), who was my other main read, and I think that's borne out at this point because I doubt SS is scum running the play he's running.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:06 pm
by Prism
In post 1444, MariaR wrote:Hm I see your point but I don't see any other better lynches then LUV and that clearly isn't happening
What makes you think nobody wants it? I've been meaning to go back and reread him for awhile because what I saw I didn't like. If I had a gun to my head right now I'd vote eager over him but that might change.

I agree though that this day is largely dragging. At this rate my vote is going to waste so I'll

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Eager and just say let me know if we want to talk LUV/Implosion again.

Dier's last posts are a lot to unpack and as with LUV/PP are a project for the future. My main limitation right now is time, which is something I expected to have more of when I signed up but is making it harder to play. I'm sorry that I can't serve as a better asset right now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:13 pm
by Prism
Add Gamma to my future projects because the last 4 pages are a shitshow and even though I scumread Implosion I agree on wondering how anyone can possibly scumread Shadow.