Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Joshz »

I've been scum read every game on here, this is nothing new. My vote on 1 shot was to see if people built the wagon. People did just that, when in reality trying to read into a nl vote and a clear joke post during RVS is awful and destined to fail. My vote on penguin was a random vote on one of the only 3 names itg I remembered (1 shot and gerry being the others) as a placeholder before my post on pine immediately after.

And I vote with no explanation all the time, sometimes with a following explanation, sometimes reaction gauging, and sometimes reaction gauging on what I truly believe to be scum to test relationships. That's just how I play.

Also very happy this game is active q^P I hate stagnant ones.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Joshz »

Oh someone's name is flubbernugget

I'm never forgetting a quality name like flubbernugget
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I wanted to vote flubbernugget for the name alone, but I refrained...flubbernugget, are you a natural lurker???
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

In post 99, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 95, Secret Agent Jin wrote:. They often write reads that are easily back tracked on which contain words like maybe, possibly, could be.
Well then prepare to SR me, because this is a lot of the way I play the game. I play in possibilities and likelihoods of those possibilities.

I will lay 10 possibilities on the table, all of which certainly CAN NOT be true, and weigh them all and want to talk about them all / hear what others have to say about them all, get reads from all of that and let that influence everything and then gauge what I think is most likely to be the case, always with the caveat in mind (and often in my ramblings) that "of course maybe not"

to me it is a healthy way to play, and then from there what you need to do is judge who is just throwing around shit to cause problems and confusion, and who is actually trying to solve the game and figure things out
I didnt mean that all players that use those words are scum, i meant that you see it more in scum than town. Its kind of like an "all scum wear yellow hats but all not all people that wear yellow hats are scum". You have to notice people that use fence words and keep an eye on them but they arent an automatic scum read.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 100, Joshz wrote:I've been scum read every game on here, this is nothing new. My vote on 1 shot was to see if people built the wagon. People did just that, when in reality trying to read into a nl vote and a clear joke post during RVS is awful and destined to fail. My vote on penguin was a random vote on one of the only 3 names itg I remembered (1 shot and gerry being the others) as a placeholder before my post on pine immediately after.

And I vote with no explanation all the time, sometimes with a following explanation, sometimes reaction gauging, and sometimes reaction gauging on what I truly believe to be scum to test relationships. That's just how I play.

The natural next step is to explain what you've learned. Please do that.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Pine »

@Jin-Hitler built autobahns
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

V/LA until Sunday night
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 104, nn30 wrote:
In post 100, Joshz wrote:I've been scum read every game on here, this is nothing new. My vote on 1 shot was to see if people built the wagon. People did just that, when in reality trying to read into a nl vote and a clear joke post during RVS is awful and destined to fail. My vote on penguin was a random vote on one of the only 3 names itg I remembered (1 shot and gerry being the others) as a placeholder before my post on pine immediately after.

I don't feel I've learned anything. Both of my other games here are still ongoing (penguin is hosting one !!) so I can't talk about them anyways but you can't really learn anything until the game ends and you evaluate how you played. I have experience from another site and town of Salem, so I understand the basics, I always get town read on the other site regardless of role and scum read here, it's nothing new. I don't adapt my playstyle to being scum or town, I play mostly the same and am one of those players who often doesn't look at their role pm until a bit into the game. In fact, I don't know my role right now.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 107, Joshz wrote:
In post 104, nn30 wrote:

I don't feel I've learned anything. Both of my other games here are still ongoing (penguin is hosting one !!) so I can't talk about them anyways but you can't really learn anything until the game ends and you evaluate how you played. I have experience from another site and town of Salem, so I understand the basics, I always get town read on the other site regardless of role and scum read here, it's nothing new. I don't adapt my playstyle to being scum or town, I play mostly the same and am one of those players who often doesn't look at their role pm until a bit into the game. In fact,
I don't know my role right now.
This is a very serious issue that could potentially get you modkilled or force replaced.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

VOTE: joshz
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I view it as scum BS.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

are you his buddy warning him, TB?
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

VOTE: Josh

I'm leaving my vote right here until Josh reads his PM and knows his alignment. I hope he is aware that this could get him restricted.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Joshz »

If it's against the rules to not look at your role until a bit into the game I'm not going to last here
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 111, drealmerz7 wrote:are you his buddy warning him, TB?
No.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 113, Joshz wrote:If it's against the rules to not look at your role until a bit into the game I'm not going to last here
Um...you're supposed to read your PM and role prior to the game. You're just not allowed to copy and paste it into the game thread.

The fact that you don't know this bothers me. You're either a village idiot or a scum that is BSing. I'm leaning towards the latter.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Pine »

@josh - Town of Salem experience does not apply. The game is played VASTLY different there. The other site probably doesn't apply either - most sites that are not MS are essentially random lynching most of the time, or else overly rely on PRs.

Also, get an avatar you hippy scumfuck.

@Mod This is why you have your players confirm their role by PM. Please require that Josh does so

Uncertain whether scummy actions by Josh are newbie VI stuff or if "I don't know my role" is a ploy.

PEdit: It's against the rules for a reason. Not knowing your role makes it impossible to play to your wincon, which is an enforced rule.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Pine »

In fact, please require that everyone does so. I have already done so.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Joshz »

Not true. You know your role before it matters. It allows you to play as town no matter your alignment early game, which is neutral as town and beneficial as scum. You also essentially said most other sites have shitty players, so nice. I also compete in risk and scrabble, the latter of which at a high level, I understand strategy which is the core of it. Sub me out if you feel the need to.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 118, Joshz wrote:Not true. You know your role before it matters. It allows you to play as town no matter your alignment early game, which is neutral as town and beneficial as scum. You also essentially said most other sites have shitty players, so nice. I also compete in risk and scrabble, the latter of which at a high level, I understand strategy which is the core of it. Sub me out if you feel the need to.
Yes - it is true. In fact, had you read your PM (which you clearly haven't) the moderator
requires
you to reply to her with your role and alignment.

Mafia is a team sport and requires team work. If you don't know which team you're on, then you're relinquishing your responsibilities as a player.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 116, Pine wrote:most sites that are not MS are essentially random lynching most of the time, or else overly rely on PRs.
I truly am blessed, I guess.

My HS is more... hardcore? than here, coming here I am a little like "woahh, they're a little fast and easy with the lynching, eh??"
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@nn30: Agree to disagree.

@Josh: Your vote on Penguin didn't look random. It seemed like you laid down a serious vote for 1-Shot and changed it to Penguin because you were scum reading him for his little debate with TB. Either way, lying about not reading your role PM when the mod said everyone had confirmed in does not sit well with me.

UNVOTE:
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 121, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:lying about not reading your role PM when the mod said everyone had confirmed in 6 does not sit well with me.
I can't believe I totally missed that.

Yeah, I'm calling for a policy lynch for Josh. Either he's a liar (in which case, lynch all liars apply) or if he's being truthful, then he won't be helpful to town.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 119, ThinkBig wrote:
In post 118, Joshz wrote:Not true. You know your role before it matters. It allows you to play as town no matter your alignment early game, which is neutral as town and beneficial as scum. You also essentially said most other sites have shitty players, so nice. I also compete in risk and scrabble, the latter of which at a high level, I understand strategy which is the core of it. Sub me out if you feel the need to.
Yes - it is true. In fact, had you read your PM (which you clearly haven't) the moderator
requires
you to reply to her with your role and alignment.

Mafia is a team sport and requires team work. If you don't know which team you're on, then you're relinquishing your responsibilities as a player.
No its not. It is neutral as town and beneficial as scum/neutral to not read your role pm. Every roles goal, bar a couple exceptions, is to get town read. If you read your role and it's red you can act townie and neutral to you partners all you want, but psychologically it will affect your gameplay unless you're a very exceptional player. Neutrals have varying wincons so I'm not sure what neutrals are common here besides sk, but I'd imagine most of them are in similar boats to mafia. Bye not reading your role for the early game, something like half of day 1, you can play like you would a townie with no bias inflicted by knowing you aren't actually townie, and late game it can be the difference between winning and losing. But then again gameplay, players here are much more skilled, so of course you're right and I'm just the vi.

VOTE: josh

I'll play out my other games but I think I'm done with this site. I'm just not skilled enough for your amazing caliber of play.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 121, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@nn30: Agree to disagree.

@Josh: Your vote on Penguin didn't look random. It seemed like you laid down a serious vote for 1-Shot and changed it to Penguin because you were scum reading him for his little debate with TB. Either way, lying about not reading your role PM when the mod said everyone had confirmed in does not sit well with me.

UNVOTE:
It was random and I've already explained why and id like you to explain what possible scum motivation would have for random voting with no reason and changing their vote to someone else minutes later with an actual explanation.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”