TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 1087, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1083, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Why, as scum, would she find it necessary to come up with a fake claim to mislynch you when you can be killed at night?
Miller is a pretty safe fakeclaim for Scum if you think about the mechanics and it away a guilty hit if I target him.

Leaving me alive would quickly cause town to paranoia lynch me because what scum team would leave a cop alive?

That's why I think our scumteam has the ascetic.

Between the ascetic and Brony claiming Miller, they have nothing to fear if I'm townreading the vulnerable scum, if there is any.
I've dealt with two outed cops, no matter what we decided strongmaning the cop is the way to go and be done with it. The longer you're alive, the more conf!townies we get. It's not a valid reason if the scum have even 1 iota of intelligence.

Okay so let me ask you this, why would a scum set up a 1v1 situation where if either X flips red/green Y is the inverse Day(N+1)?

Especially considering its this early in the game, we're not talking about MyLo but D1.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1099, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1096, krylea wrote:
In post 1086, Human Sequencer wrote:Grey didn't switch anything up. Grey posted that he -was- leaving something out. His story is consistent start to finish.
No it isn't. Grey clearly implied that the missing piece of his role had some natural connection with another player - he specifically mentioned a counterpart. X-shot does not have a natural connection with another player, unless he is
still leaving things out
X-shot = crippled investigative = suggestive of second investigative role

You can die d2.
I actually had this thought. I played a game with cop + deputy once.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Brony/krylea/Gin is looking good as a scumteam to me.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

I still think Asphodel isn't unlikely.

Dash needs to go today, krylea is definitely worth looking at tomorrow.
nah
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 1086, Human Sequencer wrote:Grey didn't switch anything up. Grey posted that he -was- leaving something out. His story is consistent start to finish.
No it isn't. Grey clearly implied that the missing piece of his role had some natural connection with another player - he specifically mentioned a counterpart. X-shot does not have a natural connection with another player, unless he is
still leaving things out

You can die d2.
In post 1101, Gamma Emerald wrote:
still leaving things out

You can die d2.
I actually had this thought. I played a game with cop + deputy once.
Thats fair. I didn't think of that angle.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

krylea wrote:
still leaving things out
*ding ding ding*

What is the counterpart to a cop? Miller.
What is the counterpart to a X-Shot Cop? Still Miller.

Two X-Shot Cops is going to be a massively townsided setup because you get two N1 investigations. You can have a backup/deputy but why would he think im trying to counter with that?

Grey probably has me pegged as miller and is getting bailed out by HS here.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:38 pm

Anyone that tries to work out the whole fucking thing is scum? LMFAO
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hold up
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:39 pm

*freezes mid sentence*
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Real cop should still not be claiming here though. Worst case I get lynched, everypony hypo claims (If I was a cop I investigated X and got Y result) and then you quick lynch Grey tomorrow.
You don't earn
loyalty
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1105, Rainbowdash wrote:
krylea wrote:
still leaving things out
*ding ding ding*

What is the counterpart to a cop? Miller.
What is the counterpart to a X-Shot Cop? Still Miller.

Two X-Shot Cops is going to be a massively townsided setup because you get two N1 investigations. You can have a backup/deputy but why would he think im trying to counter with that?

Grey probably has me pegged as miller and is getting bailed out by HS here.
BECAUSE MILLER CLAIMS ARE SUCH A THREAT TO SCUM!
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1097, Human Sequencer wrote:^(alisae) worth noting in the moment that this looks bussy as fuck at a glance, not digging into it too deep atm though
I could see how you think that, but I have a bit more behind this besides Rainbow Dash not believing the Cop Claim.

I also feel as if RainbowDash could have told Gamma that asking Asectics to claim is stupid for a reason. To make a long story short, I feel as if he told Gamma not to ask for Asectic claims so that he can build paranoia in the town.
GTKAS
| here.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:42 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Lynch Dash today, I die tonight, lynch kry tomorrow, hopefully second investigative catches third.
---
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:42 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

In post 1100, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 1083, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Why, as scum, would she find it necessary to come up with a fake claim to mislynch you when you can be killed at night?
Miller is a pretty safe fakeclaim for Scum if you think about the mechanics and it away a guilty hit if I target him.

Leaving me alive would quickly cause town to paranoia lynch me because what scum team would leave a cop alive?

Between the ascetic and Brony claiming Miller, they have nothing to fear if I'm townreading the vulnerable scum, if there is any.
I've dealt with two outed cops, no matter what we decided strongmaning the cop is the way to go and be done with it. The longer you're alive, the more conf!townies we get. It's not a valid reason if the scum have even 1 iota of intelligence.

Okay so let me ask you this, why would a scum set up a 1v1 situation where if either X flips red/green Y is the inverse Day(N+1)?

Especially considering its this early in the game, we're not talking about MyLo but D1.
You are incorrect. An outted cop will not survive long and conf-townies are not as helpful in the situation dash was trying to manufacture.

@dash that's not the point. Miller + Scum Ascetic is just not likely. Grey isn't trying to imply that there was necessarily a counterpart to his x-shot cop, more that a second investigative role isn't so unlikely.
If you are miller, grey obviously dies tomorrow.
nah
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1110, -Grey- wrote:BECAUSE MILLER CLAIMS ARE SUCH A THREAT TO SCUM!
Sure is here.

You die here then what? Do your partners waste a shot on me or do they try to find the real cop? Busting a cop claim as a miller is probably a first though. Not sure ive seen this one done before.

Feels like a long time ago when I broke a setup so badly that town though I was scum.
You don't earn
loyalty
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1114, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 1110, -Grey- wrote:BECAUSE MILLER CLAIMS ARE SUCH A THREAT TO SCUM!
Sure is here.

You die here then what? Do your partners waste a shot on me or do they try to find the real cop? Busting a cop claim as a miller is probably a first though. Not sure ive seen this one done before.

Feels like a long time ago when I broke a setup so badly that town though I was scum.
^obvscumposting

Cop claims don't die d1 period, even if they're shitty claims.

Doing so denies town information if the claimer actually is a cop and actually does live through the night due to a protective role.

Only Scum has the need to see a cop claim lynched because not doing so forces you to shoot me and pray I'm not protected.
---
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 1113, Human Sequencer wrote:
In post 1100, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:

You are incorrect. An outted cop will not survive long and conf-townies are not as helpful in the situation dash was trying to manufacture.

@dash that's not the point. Miller + Scum Ascetic is just not likely. Grey isn't trying to imply that there was necessarily a counterpart to his x-shot cop, more that a second investigative role isn't so unlikely.
If you are miller, grey obviously dies tomorrow.
Err...why are we assuming ascetic is scum? Or that there is only one, like Gamma pointed out earlier?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:50 pm

Fuck this role modifier bullshit.

1. So we have a cop we can invest people
2. Ascetics who can't be invested
3. Millers who can't be accurately invested.
4. An Ascetic enabler, who if they die, ascetics no longer exist.

Is this accurate to what we have in the game? (At least claimed that we do)
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1115, -Grey- wrote:Cop claims don't die d1 period, even if they're shitty claims.
Exactly why he is scum. He claims what he thinks is a 100% free pass.

Like I said, absolute worst case he is scum and I get lynched here. Real cop should probably target HS just incase they were town unlucky enough to accidently buy Grey and extra day.
You don't earn
loyalty
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1115, -Grey- wrote:Cop claims don't die d1 period, even if they're shitty claims.

Doing so denies town information if the claimer actually is a cop and actually does live through the night due to a protective role.

Only Scum has the need to see a cop claim lynched because not doing so forces you to shoot me and pray I'm not protected.
Want to find scum? Start with those who have pushed for my lynch today
after
my claim.
---
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1117, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:2. Ascetics who can't be invested
Who says we are garenteed to ahve Ascetics?
GTKAS
| here.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Alisae girl, look at my parenthesis. I'm trying to get the theoretical picture before I deduce what's closest to the truth.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1118, Rainbowdash wrote:
Exactly why he is scum. He claims what he thinks is a 100% free pass.

Like I said, absolute worst case he is scum and I get lynched here. Real cop should probably target HS just incase they were town unlucky enough to accidently buy Grey and extra day.
Your tears are delicious.
---
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1119, -Grey- wrote:Want to find scum? Start with those who have pushed for my lynch today after my claim.
And here come the intimidation attempts to try and keep votes off of him. Seriously how are these actions remotely town?
You don't earn
loyalty
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

I don't remember seeing anyone claim Ascetic. Yet again I don't exaclty have the best attention span.

So Gin, let me ask you again. What makes you so sure we have Ascetics. It's only confirmed that we have an enabler.
GTKAS
| here.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”