Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Ircher »

Also:

Ascetic should claim now. Failure to do so is an auto-lynch in the future should you be proven to be an ascetic.
Links: User Page | GTKAS | Ratings
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Ircher »

I really hope it isn't a scum ascetic actually.....
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:59 am

Post by TwoFace »

I've never heard of that being proper play and I've had the ascetic modifier a couple of times. Typically that's a scum role.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:59 am

Post by krylea »

Skimmed the thread once and trying to reread more in depth now, but my eyes are kinda glazing over. I'm up to like, page 12 ish? I don't understand the Ircher or Gamma wagons at all, they make zero sense to me. Too many walls of text with too much bickering and too little actual information. I very much do like the Asphodel wagon and am entirely on board. Will probably vote there unless something else catches my eye.
Flubber's post 229 seems opportunistic as fuck and I dislike it immensely.
Grey seems v scummy to me too - lots of bickering, controlling the tone of the town but not actually giving very much information or analysis. Very combative, but not in a way that actually leads to information for town. This might just be a playstyle thing though? I'd have to read his meta and I don't want to do that right now.
Ircher and Gamma are null. Too much shit surrounding them and I can't parse what's what.
I like HS, I like AA and I like Alisae. The latter two mostly because of the Asphodel wagon.
I can't fucking stand TF, but I don't think it's alignment indicative. I think he's just an asshole.
I remember there being a thing about Naomi maybe scumslipping. I'll look at that when I catch up to that point. It seemed pretty iffy from what I recall.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Ircher »

Kry, do you claim ascetic?

What if this is a red herring though?
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:02 am

Post by krylea »

I am not ascetic.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:03 am

Post by Alisae »

I am not an ascetic either.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:04 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 679, krylea wrote:I can't fucking stand TF, but I don't think it's alignment indicative. I think he's just an asshole.
I get that a lot.

I don't think I'm an asshole, I just play with no filter. It's a product of my previous mafia environment. We're grown ups so I treat people like grown ups. No sugar coating. No hand holding
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If I asked people to read my ISO a cop soft guess would have made sense. However, I said to read the first 5 pages as there was some Ascetic talk there and I felt anyone who was new and was Ascetic needed to see the proper play in action.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

Enabler is such a fucky role I dislike it :x Like.. It says in the wiki your counter part doesn't even need to exist.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:20 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 685, Naomi-Tan wrote:Enabler is such a fucky role I dislike it :x Like.. It says in the wiki your counter part doesn't even need to exist.
That's to prevent game breaking. Like putting in a nurse with no doctor.
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 686, TwoFace wrote:
In post 685, Naomi-Tan wrote:Enabler is such a fucky role I dislike it :x Like.. It says in the wiki your counter part doesn't even need to exist.
Yeah but imagen being like a Day 2 innocent child enabler claiming it D2 but then no innocent child appears. or doing a Tracker enabler and woops no tracker claim. you might as well be VT but You know this role might exist and if you die they break.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:37 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 687, Naomi-Tan wrote:
In post 686, TwoFace wrote:
Yeah but imagen being like a Day 2 innocent child enabler claiming it D2 but then no innocent child appears. or doing a Tracker enabler and woops no tracker claim. you might as well be VT but You know this role might exist and if you die they break.
I actually consider that bastard. This site doesn't
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

LOL another player with no sense of bastardry huh
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:42 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 689, Gamma Emerald wrote:LOL another player with no sense of bastardry huh
To me bastard is lying to or deceiving players.

Putting in a role that makes a player think they are useful but ultimately a vt does that. It's not the official definition but it is mine
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

One person thought 2 town Ascetics was bastard
idiot
<Embrace The Void>

TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:42 am

Post by TwoFace »

Like if there are no ascetics. You're role is useless
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:43 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 691, Gamma Emerald wrote:One person thought 2 town Ascetics was bastard
idiot
Yeah I don't get that.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

tbh We should scumhunt today then once deadline rolls around we lynch me so the Ascetics lose their modifier
<Embrace The Void>

TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:47 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 694, Gamma Emerald wrote:tbh We should scumhunt today then once deadline rolls around we lynch me so the Ascetics lose their modifier
Well I'm good with Naomi or grey.
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

UNVOTE: I Don't feel sure enough about Gamma to stick with my vote here anymore. there responce to my train (kinda like my response to Alisae) didn't need to happen and this PR claim as well makes me feel that its not a pressing issue to be voting for them at this time. Maybe D3 or D4 if there still alive. But as of now I believe its just me miss reading there play.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Asphodel
Asphodel
Goon
Asphodel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Asphodel »

I am in the process of catching up. Here are a few posts that caught my eye.

I'm at the bottom of page 19. I'm not ascetic.
In post 289, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 242, Asphodel wrote:
In post 229, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: asohodel

I don't like how little thought he puts into trying to reach out to people. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Also somone pointed out some good contradictions in 195.

I feel like these should be reversed.
You're conflating thought with the number of posts in thread

My scum read becomes greater
Probably should have been clearer about this. "I don't like how little thought he puts into trying to reach out to people, it sticks out like a sore thumb" is pretty weak reasoning, particularly compared to any number of reasons you could have voted for someone like Ircher. I'm saying that I think you were trying to opportunistically hop on my wagon and came up with further weak reasoning so you could pretend that this was an original thought. I'm also saying I think you look pretty scummy for having done this.
In post 291, TwoFace wrote:
In post 236, Asphodel wrote:I know you're still reading through, but when you're done I'd appreciate an explanation of why you think 110 reads TvT, especially how it makes Grey look town.
Why are you worried about how it makes grey look?
In post 294, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 265, Asphodel wrote:Flubbernugget, can we go over your first few posts in the game? I feel like a guy with as much game experience as you would be less confused by the fact that early Day 1 reads are pretty weak. I'm also not a fan of your vote on me, seems like you're trying to manufacture reasons to sheep the wagon.
Are you going to back up literally anything you said in this post

It's not like I have a 3 page iso for you to dig through to cite anything
This is another reason why I thought you looked scummy--the reaction to Day 1 stuff seemed over-the-top and forced.
In post 423, Alisae wrote:Going back into one of my previous games just to find something to lynch me on. Ya know, I don't like that.
Have you ever taken into consideration that that was my first game and that I was learning as I was playing the game?
VOTE: All Alone
This game was less than a month ago. This isn't ancient history.

Why do you think this vote without conviction is more red than other votes without conviction that have happened this game?

Have you expressed this sentiment (voting w/o conviction is scummy) in any previous games?
In post 428, Naomi-Tan wrote:Speaking of stepping up and defending someone

Alisae Isn't a Red
You can tell this by how flustered they are right now. They are lashing out at people who vote them without really thinking it fully through there emotional right now and trying there best to not be lynched ironically pushing more attention on themselves. If they live they will be shown as green later on I believe via play. Then there are things like her interaction with gray. Yes it was poorly executed but thats the point. If you was red looking for a Misslynch why target one of the strongest Green players instead of their investigative target that was already kinda melting. Additionally The way they put forth there wagon was super poorly coordinated and didn't really have the careful thought put into it that a wagon by an experianced player or a red member has. To Paraphase that interaction here is a small over the top rendition.

Gray; Eh been on this train long enough, its not going anywhere time to switch back.
Alisae; Define Long
Gray; urrrr... Its a word, Look it up in the dictionary its kinda common.
Alisae; ...Why you avoiding the question. Its a simple thing to answer
Gray; Its a common word. I don't really need to look things up in the dictionary for you do I?
Alisae; Well you could!.. (Blushes) Well.. It appears you miss understood.. What I REALLY wanted to know is What made you change your vote... Not that im embarrassed! shut up! You just don't like working with people. thats red!

You can see this tsundere Attitude at the end in Its especally Explicit with the First and last lines; "Okay then you misunderstood the question" and "Also don't like the fact you're not willing to work with me. If anything you're being anti-town at the moment."
The first line establishes that They acknowledge that Gray didn't get the question and didn't want to look up a common word. while the last line shows how flustered there are about it. red reading them for there own poorly worded question while being embarrassed themselves.
After that point they convince themselves that Gray is Lynch baiting when its obvious to us that they was just playing normally. but to the world filter she applied it was Lynch baiting because she took note that Gray was kinda playing well. but also thought they was playing badly. the only time you play well and badly is with a slayer gambit or lynch bait. Which is how her thoughts landed in that square.
Her questions after that interaction are probing to work out where people stand, not pushing at all which would match a more careful playstyle until people put pressure on her. Given what I extracted from her personality ealier I believe this would resulted in them acting defensive and making rash choices.
Why are you assuming that Alisae wouldn't be flustered as red? She only has one completed game and that was a green game. Two others in progress where she's alive in both if I read right. Seems to me like being flustered for a person without many completed games is NAI. That being said, her focus on lynchbait strikes me as a more green thing now that I realize this is one of her first few games. I don't know how to put this delicately, but focusing overly much on one potential strategy seems like a type of thing a newer player would do.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:00 am

Post by krylea »

In post 697, Asphodel wrote:
In post 289, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 242, Asphodel wrote:
In post 229, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: asohodel

I don't like how little thought he puts into trying to reach out to people. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Also somone pointed out some good contradictions in 195.

I feel like these should be reversed.
You're conflating thought with the number of posts in thread

My scum read becomes greater
Probably should have been clearer about this. "I don't like how little thought he puts into trying to reach out to people, it sticks out like a sore thumb" is pretty weak reasoning, particularly compared to any number of reasons you could have voted for someone like Ircher. I'm saying that I think you were trying to opportunistically hop on my wagon and came up with further weak reasoning so you could pretend that this was an original thought. I'm also saying I think you look pretty scummy for having done this.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. That post was incredibly scummy. I'm still scumreading asphodel too though.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:07 am

Post by krylea »

I keep trying to finish catching up, but it really doesn't feel like there's 28 pages of substance here. Way too many bad wagons, personal attacks, and OMGUSing.
The ascetic thing was interesting, but unless someone claims I don't see much more we can say.

I don't like how the Asphodel wagon (which was excellent) died, especially because the wagons that came after it sucked. Can we bring it back please?

VOTE: Asphodel

@mod can we get a VC?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”