Mini Normal 1874: Camping Trip Mafia (Game Over)

mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:08 am

Post by mattblackguy »

See lol
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:09 am

Post by mattblackguy »

Can't believe a few people actually believed Fykus was town
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:10 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Yeah, I figured. Any last thoughts on who the partner is? We've all coalesced on it being Sensfan but I'd like your thoughts on Jaack's and massive's pushes on Jupiter. Also, shannon's switch from voting Fykus to deciding that if we're going to lynch anyone, it would be the JOAT.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:10 am

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 947, mattblackguy wrote:@Jupiter, Why didn't you vote either Fykus, or Sick at the beginning of day 2? You said you role copped sick so you knew he was a roleblocker. Did you seriously think town had 5 PRs, and 2 of them were roleblockers?

@BV, I haven't ruled out Jupiter/Fykus both scum. Can you please press Jupiter on this?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:12 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Yeah, I'll make sure I get Jupiter to explain that. Still setup-wise, do you think just a tracker, backup, and doc are balanced against a mafia roleblocker?
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:14 am

Post by mattblackguy »

I could see where Jack was coming from. What he was saying made sense, and I was also a little suspicious of Jupiter. I didn't agree with him when he said he wanted to lynch Jupiter over Fykus, but I don't think he's scum.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:15 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Also, do you think the whole think where he told Fykus not to jail him was orchestrated? I guess I could see it being fake if he's from EpicMafia and knows to fake those kind of things but he said he only played at mafia universe.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:16 am

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 980, mattblackguy wrote:I could see where Jack was coming from. What he was saying made sense, and I was also a little suspicious of Jupiter. I didn't agree with him when he said he wanted to lynch Jupiter over Fykus, but I don't think he's scum.
Yeah, I agreed with a lot of what Jaack said regarding Jupiter. What about massive?
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:24 am

Post by mattblackguy »

I'm having a hard time reading massive. Nothing really pings me as really townie, but doesn't ping me as scummy either. The fact that he ignored Fykus, and Sick wagons while pushing Shannon wagon with little reasoning given could point to him being scum with them.

Although... I don't know if all 3 scum would push the Shannon wagon together. Seems like that could be unlikely no?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:26 am

Post by BlackVoid »

You mean here?
In post 375, Leonshade wrote:
VOTE COUNT 1.09shannon (5): massive, lucca261, Soulmil07, Sickofit1138, Fykus
Fykus (4): shannon, I Am Innocent, mattblackguy, ssbm_Kyouko
Sickofit1138 (1): TwoFace
lucca261 (1): Lil Uzi Vert

Not Voting (2): Nadpool, SensFan

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-02-09 16:49:02)

Marshmallow fun fact: The modern method of marshmallow production can be traced back to 1954, invented by Greek American confectioner Alex Doumak.
Well, if they are trying to counterwagon their buddy, I suppose they would.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:26 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Matt thoughts on senspan?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Leonshade »

VOTE COUNT 3.03
Fykus (6): I Am Innocent, Nadpool, mattblackguy, SensFan, BlackVoid, Fykus

JupiterCrush (2):
massive, Jaack

Not Voting (2):
JupiterCrush, shannon

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Day 3 is over.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:51 am

Post by Leonshade »

Fykus was incredibly proud of his knife collection. He had a large and varied assortment of knives and he was always carrying at least a few of them with him. As the day draws to an end, Fykus is sitting by the campfire, sharpening one of his knives. He politely asks you to go fetch his knife sheath from his tent. You comply, heading to the tent Fykus points at and stepping inside. There can be no mistake that this is Fykus's tent, there are knives hanging from each side of the tent. However, your eyes are drawn to the one part of the tent in particular, where a number of pictures are hanging. In particular, pictures of every other person in the camp, with a slash going through the eyes of each person that has died so far. What is even more worrying is that there is a knife stabbed through your picture.

You're startled as Fykus appears at the entrance of the tent. Fykus throws a small knife at you, the knife narrowly flying over your head. There is no time for panic, you decide, quickly grabbing a hunting knife off the wall to defend yourself with. Unfortunately for you, Fykus is armed with his favorite knife, the one he's been sharpening all evening. He slashes at you, and while you attempt to block with your knife, when the knives collide you lose your grip on your weapon. Fykus kicks you down onto the ground and mounts you, holding his knife to your throat. You stare into his cold, dead eyes, unable to find a hint of emotion on Fykus's face as you plead for your life.

Suddenly, emotion does appear on his face. Pain. One of the other campers had snuck up on Fykus and just stabbed him in the back. The other campers show up, each taking turns stabbing Fykus in the back. Finally, you're able to push Fykus off. You wrestle Fykus's favorite knife from his hand and stab him in the heart, dealing the finishing blow to him.

Fykus
has been lynched Day Three. He was a
Mafia Goon

Night Three begins now. Night Three will end in (expired on 2017-02-22 18:51:09).
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Leonshade »

Reminder: If all players PM me to do so, the night will be accelerated. In that case, I would re-open the thread as soon as I had received all nine PMs.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:11 am

Post by Leonshade »

Once again, you have trouble sleeping at night. Your near-death encounter with Fykus is still bothering you, if the other campers had arrived even a second later, you might be dead right now. As you toss and turn, trying to fall asleep, you hear the sounds of a scuffle outside your tent. Certain that you're not dreaming this time, you muster up the courage to peek your head outside the tent.

You discover two of your fellow campers in the middle of the camp, their clothes crumpled and dirty from the fight they just had. One of them, SensFan, is on his knees with his hands in the air. The other, JupiterCrush, is standing in front of him, with a gun pointed to SensFan's forehead.

You, along with the other campers, get out of your tents, demanding to know what is going on. Some plead for JupiterCrush to put the gun down, and there are even accusations of him being the third person involved in the murders. But JupiterCrush shakes his head and refuses to put the gun down. "Look inside Nadpool's tent," he says, a hint of sorrow in his voice. You hesitantly agree to JupiterCrush's request, peeking inside Nadpool's tent. You find him lying with his eyes open and his throat cut.

Nadpool
was killed Night Three. He was a
Vanilla Townie

"I caught SensFan red-handed," JupiterCrush says. "Literally." Focusing on SensFan's hands, you realize that JupiterCrush is telling the truth. It was easy to miss in the dark, but now that people were shining flashlights on him, the blood stains on SensFan's hands were apparent. "So you killed Nadpool?" You ask. "Why?"

Despite the situation he is in, SensFan is eerily calm. He turns his gaze at you, not a hint of fear in his eyes. "Why?" He repeats. "Because camping is so...
boring.
" His answer takes you by surprise. "Boring?"

"Think back to the past few days. How much of it would you describe as fun, or exciting, or interesting? We are in the middle of nowhere, sleeping in uncomfortable tents, swatting away flies and mosquitoes. Camping is nothing more than denying yourself all the modern comforts of our daily lives for no reason. And yet this trip has been quite exciting, wouldn't you agree? And why is that?"

You think back to all the people that have been killed, all the days spent trying to figure out who's doing the killing, all the nights spent waiting in fear, wondering if you're going to be the next victim. The trip has been frightening, but you can't deny that it has also been exciting.

"It is all thanks to me. Fykus, Sickofit, they were just my pawns. I took a knife-wielding psychopath and a mentally unhinged sadist and turned them into entertainers. My little murder mystery is the only thing that has been spicing up our lives here. And now that you've solved the mystery, this trip has reached its end. A bit of an anti-climax, but what are you going to do. I never did like getting my hands dirty, perhaps it is best that this is over.

"This trip is indeed over," JupiterCrush says, "for you. As is your life."

A wide grin spreads over SensFan's face. "What are you going to do, kill me? We may be in the middle of nature, but that doesn't mean that the laws of man don't apply here. I may be a murderer, but if you end the life of a defenseless man, so are you. Lynching Sickofit was already bad enough, do you really want two murders on your hands? You will take me back to civilization and have me judged in a court of law, to do anything else would be vigilante justice."

You think back to Sickofit's lynch. Fear and the desire for vengeance had guided your hands, but SensFan was right. What you did was still murder.

"Vigilante justice, I like that," says JupiterCrush. "My fellow campers may be hesitant, but I'm not. Just this once, I will be a vigilante." Before anybody has time to react, JupiterCrush shoots SensFan. Unceremoniously, SensFan's body collapses to the ground.

SensFan
was killed Night Three. He was a
Mafia Goon

THE GAME ENDS IN A TOWN VICTORY!

Congratulations to the surviving town members BlackVoid, shannon, I Am Innocent, Jaack, JupiterCrush, mattblackguy and massive. Deceased town members keyenpeydee, TwoFace and Nadpool share the victory posthumously.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:16 am

Post by Leonshade »

Welcome to Mini Normal 1874, Player!
You are a
Vanilla Townie
During the day, you may post in the game thread and use your vote. You have no abilities during the night.
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one town player is still alive.
The game thread is here.
Please confirm your role and alignment to me via PM.
Welcome to Mini Normal 1874, keyenpeydee!
You are a
Town Tracker
During the day, you may post in the game thread and use your vote.
During the night, you may track another player by sending me the name of that player. You will find out if they visited another player during that night, and if so, which player they visited.
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one town player is still alive.
The game thread is here.
Welcome to Mini Normal 1874,TwoFace!
You are a
Town Backup Tracker
You currently have no night abilities. However, if another town-aligned player with the Tracker role dies, you will be notified and you will gain the Tracker’s night ability: during the night, you may track another player by sending me the name of that player. You will find out if they visited another player during that night, and if so, which player they visited.
The game thread is here.
Welcome to Mini Normal 1874, mattblackguy!
You are a
Town Doctor
During the night, you may protect a target player. That player is protected from all kill attempts for the duration of the night.
The game thread is here.
Welcome to Mini Normal 1874, JupiterCrush!
You are a
Town Jack-of-all-Trades
During the night, you have access to three one-shot night abilities, of which you may use up to one per night. These abilities are as follows:
  • 1-Shot Rolecop: You learn target player’s role.
  • 1-Shot Doctor: You protect target player from all kill attempts for the duration of the night.
  • 1-Shot Vigilante: You kill target player.
    The game thread is here.
Welcome to Mini Normal 1874, Player!
You are a
Mafia Goon
. The other members of your mafia are [INSERT NAMES HERE].
During the night, you may post in the mafia private topic. You, as a collective, may decide which player sends the mafia night kill each night. You may do so through PM or in the mafia PT.
You win you have eliminated all non-mafia players, or when you can no longer be prevented from doing so.
The game thread is here. The mafia PT is here.
Welcome to Mini Normal 1874, Sickofit1138!
You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. The other members of your mafia are [INSERT NAMES HERE].
During the night, you may post in the mafia private topic. You, as a collective, may decide which player sends the mafia night kill each night. You may do so through PM or in the mafia PT. You, as an individual, may roleblock target player each night. Target player cannot use their active night abilities.
You win you have eliminated all non-mafia players, or when you can no longer be prevented from doing so.
The game thread is here. The mafia PT is here.
- Vecna
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:17 am

Post by SensFan »

Good game everyone.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:21 am

Post by Leonshade »

Note: massive did not PM me about the accelerated night. However, everyone else did, including every player with a night action. As the game was going to end, I chose to end the Night early.

Dead PT
Mod PT
Mafia PT

Mafia PT will be released in 24 hours, unless somebody on the mafia team objects.
Last edited by Leonshade on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Vecna
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:34 am

Post by massive »

I'm not sore. :)
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:56 am

Post by TwoFace »

ha ha the bp claim was fake, nice job jupiter.

good game everyone
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:51 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Good game everyone. The scumteam here were demolished by the wrecking ball that was IAI. First time playing with Matt, I really liked gamesolving with him. KNDP, self-hammering as a PR is almost never a good idea, please don't do it again. You could have been confirmed town through TwoFace's claim. I'm going to have to be a bit skeptical of Jupiter here. I don't think lying was a good idea as it made it likely that you'd be lynched in place of scum. A large part of why I was still considering lynching you was I just didn't buy your 1-shot BP claim. Scum RB was already dead so they couldn't interfere with your plan and you should have come clean when asked. With that said, good shot. I admit to having written up a case on massive while re-reading the game N3. Thanks for modding, Leonshade. Really enjoyed playing with several people on this playerlist.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:00 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Leon, best modding I have seen in a long time thanks!

Overall solid player list. I too was unsure during the night phase between Sensfan and Jupiter as the last scum. Non-passive BP was not believable in my opinion.

KNDP, I stand by what I said, I'm done playing with you. That was inexcusable play on your part.

Matt, like BV I enjoyed playing with you. In game with Fykus likely being the lynch, I'd have held off one more day and try to gain one more mislynch before I'd have claimed in that situation. Outside of that, I think you're play was awesome. TwoFace, you are fun to watch when you tunnel, I hope I'm never on the receiving end of that when I am scum lol. BV, always a pleasure. We have always been town together, not looking forward to the day when one of us is scum tho!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:03 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 996, I Am Innocent wrote:TwoFace, you are fun to watch when you tunnel, I hope I'm never on the receiving end of that when I am scum lol.
it's only fun when i am right :lol:

I want to thank you for opening my eyes to Fykus. I felt your posts were good and that's really all it takes to get me to shift focus sometimes. Just a good post with decent explanations yet so many people have trouble doing that.

I'd definitely play with you again
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:16 am

Post by Jaack »

Agree with all that this was a pretty fun game.

But Jupiter's fakeclaim was not the best idea. One of the nice things about a vig shot is that it's self confirming. Fake claiming really opened you up to getting lynched when you never would have been lynched if you claimed vig.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:44 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

FWIW, wrt balance the game is pretty heavily swingy on the roleblocker. If scum can protect the RB for a couple day/night cycles, they can really mess with town's power. OTOH, if town can get rid of the RB early on (as they did here), it's a hard game for scum to win.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”