rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by rb »

In post 2659, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 2655, Not Fury wrote:Then you say RB is hard town, creature is hard town, and no push on lalight. RB replaced out of every game if I'm not mistaken, so it's not a scum tell for him.

I was against the first 3 town lynches. Lol.
i never fucking said Creature was hard town. I was fucking null on him and even fucking stated that he was different than the town game I had with him. Damn, you are dull.

He didn't replace out of every game. I was in like 3 or 4 games with him.
I did replace out of every game I was in at the time.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by rb »

Not Fury - you need to not spampost the way you do. I spampost to lighten the mood and I always make sure I'm trying to advance the game.

Even as scum I felt bad for the town watching you do it.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 2698, Srceenplay wrote:Thanks for the game Fire.

I'm disappointed that I was lynched. It was fun trying to talk everyone out of lynching me.
I know I'm not great and can improve. I'm open to hear anything but if it's just "your an idiot" you can keep it to yourself pleas.
Advice I gave about this game applies to your game as well. All your responses for why you are not Scum were "I'm Town tho" which is not going to be something a good mafia player is going to say.

Articulation only helps your game and never hurts it. you don't need to make wall posts, but you do need to provide rational for why you are Town and why X is Scum or Y is Town. Sometimes I just state a read naked, but that is because I know people are either going to see what I am seeing or they are going to ask. I am actually always counting on them asking. If they don't then I can use that against people who contradict my read later if they don't provide their reasons for Scum reading a player I said was Town. This is kinda an advanced play that you can only do if people usually depend on you to explain things.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by rb »

In post 2605, LaLight wrote:I've made quite a lot of work hardbussing rb and stuff, and I really don't think my play was any good
Cross-bussing was the right play to make because we were both heavily townread by the town. It makes it hard to believe that neither of us are dying and it's the kind of thing that gets extra townpoints in the end-game (and would be a big part of why you eventually won).

I think your play was fine - you got townread heavily by some people, you bussed me early on and you also used the scumchat with your buddies to make sure you were all on the same page and working well as a team.

We can always play better but you weren't bad yo!
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:16 pm

In post 2703, rb wrote:
In post 2605, LaLight wrote:I've made quite a lot of work hardbussing rb and stuff, and I really don't think my play was any good
Cross-bussing was the right play to make because we were both heavily townread by the town. It makes it hard to believe that neither of us are dying and it's the kind of thing that gets extra townpoints in the end-game (and would be a big part of why you eventually won).

I think your play was fine - you got townread heavily by some people, you bussed me early on and you also used the scumchat with your buddies to make sure you were all on the same page and working well as a team.

We can always play better but you weren't bad yo!
I agree with this.

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by rb »

You got fearkilled LQ - you've gotten damn good in the last year or so, much different to what I remember.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2705, rb wrote:You got fearkilled LQ - you've gotten damn good in the last year or so, much different to what I remember.
I mean, if you die as the N1 scum kill as a VT, you've kind of done your job.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2616, KidAmn wrote:I honestly feel like this setup was somewhat townsided right up until roles were assigned.
People keep saying this, and scum keep winning. It's wierd.
Show
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 2695, Firebringer wrote:Vigilantes break games.
You say that like it's a bad thing!
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by Fro99er »

I thought this was balanced
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:27 pm

In post 2705, rb wrote:You got fearkilled LQ - you've gotten damn good in the last year or so, much different to what I remember.
Thank, man. I really appreciate that. I have noticed somethings are just sorta starting to click for me. It is all that hard work I have done to work on the basics is what I attribute it to. Golden rule being don't make up BS reads (even as Scum) and look for Scum hunting. I was a pretty throw away player when I first started, I will admit that. Who the fuck gets mod killed in their first two games and ends up being a decent player? God I feel like such a special snowflake right now, its embarrassing. My game has been pretty on point lately, but my reads this game were pretty horrendous. I guess it really is true that the longer I am alive in the game, the more dangerous player I become.

BTW, feel good to have a player nomed for an award give me praise. Reflection of this is that your game isn't too bad either. You've escalated pretty quickly.

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by rb »

In post 2710, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Thank, man. I really appreciate that. I have noticed somethings are just sorta starting to click for me. It is all that hard work I have done to work on the basics is what I attribute it to. Golden rule being don't make up BS reads (even as Scum) and look for Scum hunting. I was a pretty throw away player when I first started, I will admit that. Who the fuck gets mod killed in their first two games and ends up being a decent player? God I feel like such a special snowflake right now, its embarrassing. My game has been pretty on point lately, but my reads this game were pretty horrendous. I guess it really is true that the longer I am alive in the game, the more dangerous player I become.

BTW, feel good to have a player nomed for an award give me praise. Reflection of this is that your game isn't too bad either. You've escalated pretty quickly.
:D

Yeah you used to be really haphazard but it looks like you've crystallised your thinking patterns into something more systematic.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by rb »

In post 2707, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 2616, KidAmn wrote:I honestly feel like this setup was somewhat townsided right up until roles were assigned.
Maybe towns play bad because they actually expect to have 3-4 powerful power roles and no one knows how to play the fucking day-game as town anymore?

Like if we run this idea parallel to the idea of spamposters - if you reduce the importance of the day game, people will take the day game less seriously.

PR's are a band-aid fix, when you get to the point that you're putting in 3+ powerful PR's into setups by default and people keep losing, the problem isn't that towns don't have enough power. On 2+2 forums the following setup has a 49% town winrate over more than 150 games:

1 cop
9 vanilla town
3 goons

On mafiascum, this setup would be considered Not Fair™ because of the Inherent Scum Advantage™

The reason towns are shit on mafiascum is because towns are shit. The sooner people like yourself and Mastina (<3 you but seriously stop) stop talking about Inherent Scum Advantage™ and constantly acting as if the reason games need more
cowbell
town power, the sooner town players start taking actual responsibility for their votes, their words and their play.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by KidAmn »

In post 2712, rb wrote:
Maybe towns play bad because they actually expect to have 3-4 powerful power roles and no one knows how to play the fucking day-game as town anymore?

Like if we run this idea parallel to the idea of spamposters - if you reduce the importance of the day game, people will take the day game less seriously.

PR's are a band-aid fix, when you get to the point that you're putting in 3+ powerful PR's into setups by default and people keep losing, the problem isn't that towns don't have enough power. On 2+2 forums the following setup has a 49% town winrate over more than 150 games:

1 cop
9 vanilla town
3 goons

On mafiascum, this setup would be considered Not Fair™ because of the Inherent Scum Advantage™

The reason towns are shit on mafiascum is because towns are shit. The sooner people like yourself and Mastina (<3 you but seriously stop) stop talking about Inherent Scum Advantage™ and constantly acting as if the reason games need more
cowbell
town power, the sooner town players start taking actual responsibility for their votes, their words and their play.
Can I just nominate you for a Scummy based on this post, or would you prefer I pleasure your erogenous zones directly
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2712, rb wrote:

1 cop
9 vanilla town
3 goons

cowbell
In fairness, I'd note that the cop gets a free n0 peek on a random townie, which means that the day game ends up being VERY PR-centric due simply to the weight of the fact that everyone knows there's a cop who knows that there's a n0 town peek already on the board.

Still, it's a lot less town power than you see in a lot of mini normals

(also I played that setup once, soul read the cop before post #100, shot him n1 :cool: , got lynched n2 :(, and then we lost in f3 :( )
Show
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by rb »

I know how the setup works, the point was the one you made next :P
mhsmith0 wrote:Still, it's a lot less town power than you see in a lot of mini normals
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like it's not even a question that towns here are overpowered.

It's also not a question that the day game here is absolutely shit.

I don't think it's a strictly causal relationship, but I absolutely believe that a combination of: constantly giving towns more power than needed and constantly insisting that there's an Inherent Scum Advantage™ and then balancing games around these two things, has a HUGE effect on how the 'sitemeta' eventually shifts to one that is less caring about daygame and doesn't use it effectively.

It's a no-brainer and I actually wanted to start modding games and slowly getting involved in changing it but the requirements to start modding etc. are 2restrictive4me. I'd love to run a whole plethora of games with that exact setup of

1 cop
9 vanilla
3 goons
no daytalk

And just see how much I could improve site-meta just by having people actively participate in games like this regularly. It was also an idea I had of helping out Realeo with establishing accurate ELO ratings - by standardising the format to something balanced like this and then using the results from it to judge ELO (this is a secondary idea, not primary).
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 2698, Srceenplay wrote:Thanks for the game Fire.

I'm disappointed that I was lynched. It was fun trying to talk everyone out of lynching me.
I know I'm not great and can improve. I'm open to hear anything but if it's just "your an idiot" you can keep it to yourself pleas.

We just got stuck in a 3v3 situation where scum was on both sides. You played fine what it was, and you nailed Rb as scum. I was in Rb's pocket so hard. He voted LaLight, and I just had that major scratchy feeling that I knew LaLight was scum, but I couldn't quite put it into words, which is why I think I ended up on you. They were able to manipulate us from both angles. It was a little weird that it just happened that of all people to have the PR's, it was me, you, and grey...and they were all the same type.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
WhemePlay
WhemePlay
Goon
WhemePlay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by WhemePlay »

Maybe subconsciously you wanted to revenge lynch me. Lol.

Again, I had fun and I hope everyone else had some part of the game that was fun for them.
Srceenplay Whemestar

Do u know da wae
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 1:21 pm

In post 2715, rb wrote:I know how the setup works, the point was the one you made next :P
mhsmith0 wrote:Still, it's a lot less town power than you see in a lot of mini normals
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like it's not even a question that towns here are overpowered.

It's also not a question that the day game here is absolutely shit.

I don't think it's a strictly causal relationship, but I absolutely believe that a combination of: constantly giving towns more power than needed and constantly insisting that there's an Inherent Scum Advantage™ and then balancing games around these two things, has a HUGE effect on how the 'sitemeta' eventually shifts to one that is less caring about daygame and doesn't use it effectively.

It's a no-brainer and I actually wanted to start modding games and slowly getting involved in changing it but the requirements to start modding etc. are 2restrictive4me. I'd love to run a whole plethora of games with that exact setup of

1 cop
9 vanilla
3 goons
no daytalk

And just see how much I could improve site-meta just by having people actively participate in games like this regularly. It was also an idea I had of helping out Realeo with establishing accurate ELO ratings - by standardising the format to something balanced like this and then using the results from it to judge ELO (this is a secondary idea, not primary).
this. there is a reason the first game I modded on [redacted] was this setup.

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by rb »

In post 2713, KidAmn wrote:
In post 2712, rb wrote:

1 cop
9 vanilla town
3 goons

cowbell
Can I just nominate you for a Scummy based on this post, or would you prefer I pleasure your erogenous zones directly
Does it have to be either or?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2601, Not Fury wrote:Also, town lynched suicidal surgeon and then town decided SP was too scummy to live so they revealed every town power day 2 to lynch him. Blows my fucking mind lol.
Yep.
Town lynched one of their strongest power roles.
Then lynched their other.
After outing both their remaining (weaker) PRs.
Leading to them being killed.

You were up against a ninja for the record--thus why the motion detector/tracker/watcher together were not overpowered.
You proooooobably shouldn't think "no way these two roles can be in the game together!" when your town is actually vastly underpowered without them.

I was actually impressed you managed to lynch two scum given that epic fail early-on.
SlingshotWaffles
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
SlingshotWaffles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by SlingshotWaffles »

Oh geez, this was a nightmare.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 1:06 am

Post by Firebringer »

Nexus don't you dare lock and move this before i finish updating posts.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 1:43 am

Post by Ranmaru »

RB has a very good point here. Good man.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Post by Nexus »

In post 2722, Firebringer wrote:Nexus don't you dare lock and move this before i finish updating posts.
Sort this out then m8
Trans rights are human rights.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”