Mini Normal 1905: Complete

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3375  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:49 am

lol RB you pocketed me so hard

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3376  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:53 am

UGH IM SUCH AN IDIOT


RB, TFL, you guys played quite well :/

Can you release the scum and dead chat dierfire?

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3377  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:00 am

We should've lynched TFL before Cooldog

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3378  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:01 am

In post 3356, Dierfire wrote:The game is now over and the thread is open for post-game discussion.

I'll start by thanking everyone who played in this game, particularly the replacement players! I'd also like to apologize again for the delay in opening the thread for D4.

Every PT associated with this game will become public in 72 hours. As specified in the rules, I will redact posts by player request in any PT before then (send requests for redactions to me by PM).

TIMER
(expired on 2017-06-04 00:00:00)

Oh didn't see this

AND THIS SETUP WAS SO TOWN SIDED
GAH

rb
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 13, 2016
Location: sp00ky
Pronoun: It

Post Post #3379  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:53 am

flubber played very good as well

daytalk is pretty strong
:^)

They call me the man who isn't could not try to would it. But I would it.

Dierfire
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 17, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3380  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:28 pm

In post 3378, WhyMafia wrote:AND THIS SETUP WAS SO TOWN SIDED


I'm not sure about this; certainly the Jack of All Trades has some strength (not least because the Vigilante power allows recovery to odd numbers if the Weak Jailkeeper targets Mafia), but the Role Cop does not get many useful results (all Mafia players and Town Citizens give identical results, Ascetic Jack of All Trades gives no result). Its real utility probably comes from checking fake claims from Mafia players or using its Loud modifier as a weaker version of a Friendly Neighbor--but those two functions don't overlap very well.

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3381  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:46 pm

In post 3380, Dierfire wrote:
In post 3378, WhyMafia wrote:AND THIS SETUP WAS SO TOWN SIDED


I'm not sure about this; certainly the Jack of All Trades has some strength (not least because the Vigilante power allows recovery to odd numbers if the Weak Jailkeeper targets Mafia), but the Role Cop does not get many useful results (all Mafia players and Town Citizens give identical results, Ascetic Jack of All Trades gives no result). Its real utility probably comes from checking fake claims from Mafia players or using its Loud modifier as a weaker version of a Friendly Neighbor--but those two functions don't overlap very well.

Ahh I see what you mean

By the way, of it isn't much of a hassle, can you (or someone) give me pointers on how to improve/where my faults were?
I am just a hindrance in town LYLO as of right now :/

Michael Lee
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3382  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:41 pm

whymafia to be honest you were onto flubber etc pretty quickly so you played a pretty strong early game, and got townread etc

like I got paranoid and switched from backhand into another team, but yea I kind of ruined it

either way, I think your defense seemed like you weren't invested / didn't care about the outcome, like you would keep saying you're bad at lylo and focus on irrelevant things like top post etc, which made me think you were nervous/trapped/scum. but yea I was wrong so oh well

Kasumeat
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 31, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3383  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:05 am

I really liked those town roles and it's a shame they didn't get a chance to get used.

Also, am I crazy or was RB talking about scum having daytalk near the end there a slip?

rb
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 13, 2016
Location: sp00ky
Pronoun: It

Post Post #3384  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:25 am

Daytalk was mentioned in the rules
:^)

They call me the man who isn't could not try to would it. But I would it.

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3385  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:54 am

In post 3382, Michael Lee wrote:whymafia to be honest you were onto flubber etc pretty quickly so you played a pretty strong early game, and got townread etc

like I got paranoid and switched from backhand into another team, but yea I kind of ruined it

either way, I think your defense seemed like you weren't invested / didn't care about the outcome, like you would keep saying you're bad at lylo and focus on irrelevant things like top post etc, which made me think you were nervous/trapped/scum. but yea I was wrong so oh well

Ohh. You didn't ruin it. I just had no idea how to properly defend myself, so I went on the offense to make up for it. I should've been a tad more flame to suppose :p
Thanks for letting me know

Kasumeat
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 31, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3386  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:19 pm

I don't see it in the rules

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3387  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:20 pm

I added the quote I promised to my wiki
Get to know an Emerald!
"Suffocating verbosity is the soul of GameFAQs." -- tentacleTherapist
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Backhand
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 27, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3388  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:37 pm

In post 3386, Kasumeat wrote:I don't see it in the rules


I couldn't find it late in the game when I looked either, but I knew the scum had daytalk. I remember thinking about bringing it up and then going "ugh, things are bad enough for me right now, I don't want to have to defend over that"

Dierfire
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 17, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3389  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:11 pm

In post 3386, Kasumeat wrote:I don't see it in the rules


It's in Rule 18 (right before the bolded part).

Kasumeat
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 31, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3390  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:05 am

Ah I see

mhsmith0
Balancing Act
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2016
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3391  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:18 am

In post 3380, Dierfire wrote:
In post 3378, WhyMafia wrote:AND THIS SETUP WAS SO TOWN SIDED


I'm not sure about this; certainly the Jack of All Trades has some strength (not least because the Vigilante power allows recovery to odd numbers if the Weak Jailkeeper targets Mafia), but the Role Cop does not get many useful results (all Mafia players and Town Citizens give identical results, Ascetic Jack of All Trades gives no result). Its real utility probably comes from checking fake claims from Mafia players or using its Loud modifier as a weaker version of a Friendly Neighbor--but those two functions don't overlap very well.


That's about normal power for town vs 3 goons?

Weak jailkeeper is kind of shitty as investigative, and will very rarely see late game
Loud role cop just announces himself as a PR and eats a bullet early on
And the joat is pretty good but potentially claims ascetic day 1 and eats an early bullet if scum don't have better ideas

normally towns have some kind of power that has reasonable odds of seeing late game, this one didn't at all, and its top two roles (jk, joat) were both less useful than a full jailkeepr or a full cop.

Like, off the top of my head, standard cop, jailkeeper, and loud role cop is probably ok against 3 goons with daytalk, and town had less power than that.
Show

Dierfire
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 17, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3392  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:07 pm

I endorse all of the above (except probably the Jack of All Trades claiming Ascetic D1).

---
Here are the PT links:

Mafia PT
Dead PT
Mod PT
Review PT (I don't control when that one unlocks)

rb
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 13, 2016
Location: sp00ky
Pronoun: It

Post Post #3393  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:39 pm

daytalk is much more powerful than people give it credit for.
:^)

They call me the man who isn't could not try to would it. But I would it.

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3394  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:00 pm

I just read the private topics
Oh god I'm a freaking idiot
Sorry town :/

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3395  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:07 pm

In post 3379, rb wrote:flubber played very good as well

daytalk is pretty strong

<3

I don't think we did much more in daytalk than say we were going to bus each other

And thanks for modding dier :)

Dierfire
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 17, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3396  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:26 am

I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

@WhyMafia
Sorry, I meant to get back to this earlier. I think that you did fine in this game. You seemed consistently suspicious of Flubbernugget. The vote in LYLO is probably forgivable because of the game state at the time (see below), and in any case the Town was unlucky in this game.

In terms of power, I'm agreeing with the assessment of mhsmith0 that this was on the lower side of Town power. Especially within those confines, for Town to lose roles D1 and N1 made the game more difficult.
I also think that the sheer volume of posts in this game hurt the Town in two ways (or at two times). First, it makes it difficult to follow the game in real time. Second, it makes it difficult to assess the game in LYLO. These factors are not unique to this game; I will argue that such high volumes often hurt the Town.

I don't know that I saw any easily corrected things; it's probably a good exercise to put more effort/patience into LYLO in general but I don't think that there were many ways to salvage the game at that point.

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3397  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:44 pm

In post 3396, Dierfire wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

@WhyMafia
Sorry, I meant to get back to this earlier. I think that you did fine in this game. You seemed consistently suspicious of Flubbernugget. The vote in LYLO is probably forgivable because of the game state at the time (see below), and in any case the Town was unlucky in this game.

In terms of power, I'm agreeing with the assessment of mhsmith0 that this was on the lower side of Town power. Especially within those confines, for Town to lose roles D1 and N1 made the game more difficult.
I also think that the sheer volume of posts in this game hurt the Town in two ways (or at two times). First, it makes it difficult to follow the game in real time. Second, it makes it difficult to assess the game in LYLO. These factors are not unique to this game; I will argue that such high volumes often hurt the Town.

I don't know that I saw any easily corrected things; it's probably a good exercise to put more effort/patience into LYLO in general but I don't think that there were many ways to salvage the game at that point.

Ah thanks for the analysis
Regarding posts, I agree. I just couldn't keep on D2 with all the posts

Nexus
miss
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2010
Location: Greatness
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3398  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:41 pm

To nominate this game and any players or mods in it, please see the Scummies nomination thread.
Shitlord.

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Normal Games