AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:09 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

it's cause you left dude, whyyyyyy?

Also mafia is like riding a bike, you never really forget how to do it. Also you're in like, the second best career for teaching mafia skills.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:30 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

Afaik games were still running at a fairly good pace for like a year or two after I graduated undergrad in 2012, so I doubt it had anything to do with my waning activity =P

Many vets did start fading away though and that certainly mustve contributed to the slow down.

You're right though, playing mafia isn't hard to pick up again, but I think strong scum hunting skills atrophy without flexing those muscles. I definitely have been finding it tough to develop good reads on people.

What's the best career then? Spy? Undercover cop? lol
FACT: Rapid chain teleportation is like having all of your matter instantaneously squeezed through a hole the size of a photon uphill both ways simultaneously.
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:31 am

Post by FrozenFlame »

Or am I derping really hard and you're literally referring to being a real life mafiat as the best career for teaching mafia? lol
FACT: Rapid chain teleportation is like having all of your matter instantaneously squeezed through a hole the size of a photon uphill both ways simultaneously.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:52 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Lol naaaah, you were right, I had spy in mind as number one. Surprisingly, actually being a member of the mafia doesn't have as much crossover.

But ya it was a gradual effect and nobody new was coming in to replace the people who were lost. I took a hiatus for my own reasons too.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:52 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Imma blame you anyway eric, just fyi
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:18 am

Post by marshy »

In post 3226, FrozenFlame wrote:You're right though, playing mafia isn't hard to pick up again, but I think strong scum hunting skills atrophy without flexing those muscles. I definitely have been finding it tough to develop good reads on people.
while i dont disagree with this

to b completely fair you have jumped into games in brand new meta. so its kind of like a readjusting phase where youre familiarizing yourself with new people. the more you play with em the easier it gets imo. so im not discouraged after losing back to back games on sites i am not too acquainted with
Ryker
Ryker
Goon
Ryker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Ryker »

In post 3226, FrozenFlame wrote:Afaik games were still running at a fairly good pace for like a year or two after I graduated undergrad in 2012, so I doubt it had anything to do with my waning activity =P

Many vets did start fading away though and that certainly mustve contributed to the slow down.

You're right though, playing mafia isn't hard to pick up again, but I think strong scum hunting skills atrophy without flexing those muscles. I definitely have been finding it tough to develop good reads on people.

What's the best career then? Spy? Undercover cop? lol
Amen to atrophy on the scum hunting muscles. Im soooooo much better at scum than town now. I started being allowed to just rest on roles and reputation and I let everything rot.

Trying to fix it though. Enjoying playing again.
Ryker
Ryker
Goon
Ryker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Ryker »

In post 3224, FrozenFlame wrote:
In post 3223, Titus wrote:
In post 3221, marshy wrote:swf
What site is this?
Smash World Forums, the original name of what is now actually named SmashBoards. It's the central online hub for all things competitive Smash Bros. We had an incredibly robust mafia sub-community there from about 2007 - 2012ish or so I'd say. It's mostly a ghost town now though =(
In its heyday, SWF had by FAR the highest average player level of any community I've played in and I think I'm spoiled as a result.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

GG everyone. That bus was really well executed.

I'm glad I played with you all even if I wasn't in it for very long. It was frustrating watching from the dead threads though :P
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah
I loved executing the T v T read there. Made me feel vindicated.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
FrozenFlame
FrozenFlame
Goon
FrozenFlame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:45 pm

Post by FrozenFlame »

In post 3232, Ryker wrote:In its heyday, SWF had by FAR the highest average player level of any community I've played in and I think I'm spoiled as a result.
Couldn't agree more. SWF leading up to the creation of Dgames as a separate subforum from Forum Games and then for a couple years thereafter was by far the most competitive mafia community I've ever played in. Not that MS here doesn't have quality players, but on SWF there was very little low level play and thus the overall quality of play was not at all diluted. Unfortunately, just by virtue of the much larger community size here, that dilution phenomenon takes place here and in many other communities.

SWF just had sooooo many heavy hitters and they would always be in games together by virtue of the fact that high level players were the plurality of players. I remember the golden age of Dgames very fondly. So many great personalities with intellect and a competitive mindset to boot. Not all that surprising considering most people who take smash bros games seriously enough to join and actively post on a site devoted almost entirely to competitive play are going to bring that same mindset to mafia. The nature of smashboards itself was self selecting for people who enjoy learning games with depth and take playing to wincon seriously.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Ya, it was a sight to behold back in the day, sadly the core group grew up and couldn't be in 3 to 4 games at a time anymore. That's really what killed us
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I have realized that being in more than 2 games at a time really stretches my ability to play them close to optimally. I am spread out thin. Being in less games allows me to focus all of my energy into less directions.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Well, I mean I was spread out thin the last year. 3 games with 2 games that came after that. Luckily this time around I was only in 2.
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by marshy »

good luck in the championship games on mu yall. been ballin up there myself recently. very fun site if youre a fan of the "sit in the thread and livechat" meta
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Mulch »

HOw do I join your guys large game
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by marshy »

i pmd the mods and am waiting to hear back from them. if they give us the green light im bringin all the homies here for an epic af game. there will be preins so i will remember you
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by Mulch »

cool
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:51 am

Post by Nexus »

To nominate this game and any players or mods in it, please see the Scummies nomination thread.
Trans rights are human rights.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”