Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:05 pm

Post by implosion »

Basically night actions went super well for town, and day play eventually followed suit. MCM played the loyal friendly neighbor very well, drawing the doc protection (even if also the nightkill) and using it, IMO, on smart targets. kraska is a great target because she's someone he was presumably townreading but who wasn't strongly thought of as town in general consensus. Cheetory is a good target because after the d2 lynch, town were in a strong position so confirming an already-townread is a solid move. After d3 backhand was also a great choice, securing the early victory.

Obviously Cheetory stopping 2 kills, particularly the one on MCM, was massive. MCM dying leads to an entirely different game, as he was by far the strongest PR and an unlikely mislynch in the first place.

Scum blundered a bit with the n2 kill - they were trying to find the rolestopper, but unfortunately they hit one of the few in the dwindling pool of VTs who could have been lynch fodder in the medium term. It might have been (and in fact, we know now, would have been) better for them to bank on the doctor being in the confirmed players and just shoot blindly in them.

Overall though, I think this was ultimately a very cohesive town game. There was a lot of disjointed rhetoric around Vedith and Backhand and Slingshot for a lot of the game but eventually the town consolidated around their loudest or most forceful voices, and people generally did a good job of speaking up and following each in turn where appropriate. I don't think it was night play alone that won this for town.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Post by Vedith »

GG town.
Nice effort scum.

We should have still lynched Backhand, because Implosion never once told me who scum was.

Thanks for modding Implosion and giving me the replace slot. \o/

I do apologies to town for putting less effort in when I replaced in, however I did have a lot going on that week.
I claim scum \o/
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Told ya CCC was scum.

GG town - trash lynch on me tho.
<(") | (")>
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:45 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

10/10 would lynch again. Get carried. #420noscope.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:28 am

Post by CCC »

Huh. That EV Project looks interesting.

Well played, Town. You left us with no hope, no way out and no way to win unless we got
super
lucky. Which we didn't. Our defeat was inevitable at the end, there. (In fact, I'd argue that our defeat was inevitable since about Day Two; implosion is right that things would have one massively differently had that N1 kill gone through). Town played pretty near perfectly, with only one misstep that I see after the game and even at that point we simply didn't take advantage of it (I'd argue that Cheet should technically have been on MCM Night Two - though it would have made no difference).

Also, I managed to survive Day One, which is always iffy for me.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:35 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I didn't think odds were very high that scum would try and shoot MCM again.
Most scumteams would shoot for the protective role.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yea town played p well.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:50 am

Post by CCC »

Cheetory6 wrote:I didn't think odds were very high that scum would try and shoot MCM again.
Most scumteams would shoot for the protective role.
Well, you weren't
wrong
. We
did
shoot for the protective role.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:47 am

Post by Nexus »

To nominate this game and any players or mods in it, please see the Scummies nomination thread.
Trans rights are human rights.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”