Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

*fart noises*

i'm here. first order of business is cleaning up the op tbh
then pt releases
then votecount fixes
then post game thoughts :)
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:00 pm

mod pt - super disorganized and hard to maintain.... i need to find a better solution tbh (or just organizing it pregame instead of improv-ing it as everything went)

dead pt - no redactions, not exactly a.... great thread.... but most of us have seen it by now i guess. be forewarned
Last edited by gigabyteTroubadour on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Dead thread is interesting lol.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by iDanyboy »

Transcend wrote:i don't even think Jesus Christ coming down from heaven will make this dude unvote
True, Backhands switch onto to me in lylo made me scum read him since my scum play in the game we just played and this game were polar opposites and when he paraphrased I just tunneled.

I would appreciate any feedback you have.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:36 pm

yay!

ok

i was hoping to have more in-depth criticism but thinking about everyone's play individually, i'm going to be honest and say that no "one person" played bad. town was shitty as a collective. the first day was decided too quickly because people got frustrated from the length. uzi made a weird call and people thought mulch was town so he was able to powerlynch uzi without town thinking the situation through too closely. the rest of the lynches were decided very quickly - i recognize that I basically dropped off the face of the earth for a few days but I felt like one minute I look away and the next town's lynched someone and there's a warning from nexus on someone the next :giggle: ! Not a good sign, imo. I think town would have made a lot better decisions if things were just thought out a bit more.

On the Uzi lynch, I don't really like... fault Fish for it - I understand where he was coming from from the last game at the time but it just wasn't the same kind of situation. If anything, what happened was the reverse of what happened there. When someone, regardless of your read of them, declares that they have information that almost completely incriminates someone, the mechanically correct play is always to lynch the guilty. Mulch's information was not like that. Uzi's was. When someone claims cop-with-a-guilty, you don't lynch the cop just because you scumread them earlier on. This is generally for two reasons: A, their PR could be used again, and B: scum have a lot less to gain from sacrificing themselves from a lynch that benefits their team. The pertinent question that should have been asked was "Why does scum Uzi do this?" If Mulch was worth sacrificing a mafia member over, scum more than likely could have just night killed him if he was town. All scum!Uzi gains from this is putting himself on a short timer for no reason. Mulch's claim, on the other hand, was made for no reason other than to get Game Replacement off his back and to scare people from lynching him. There were clear differences in how both of them went around their claims - with Uzi trying to get Mulch to spew associations while he didn't know that Uzi was a pr, vs Mulch being vague about his claim in a way transparency would have just helped town more.

Other than that I don't really have any strong opinions about this game tbh.

I think out the playerlist I want to give a shoutout to tictac the most - it was awesome seeing you come out of your comfort zone and seeing how thought out your scumplay was! I'm mostly saying this because I don't think I've mentioned this in the dead thread but i was expecting tictac to be lynched very early on with how he was talking about his play but I think he made the best of a situation and helped his team win.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:37 pm

In post 3178, iDanyboy wrote:
Transcend wrote:i don't even think Jesus Christ coming down from heaven will make this dude unvote
True, Backhands switch onto to me in lylo made me scum read him since my scum play in the game we just played and this game were polar opposites and when he paraphrased I just tunneled.

I would appreciate any feedback you have.
Just to iterate it in a smaller post -

it's hard to point out specific flaws in people's play. i think the main takeaway here is to think more and try to centralize town.

a lot of people had right reads, they were just sidetracked too easily because there was zero cohesion

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I really don't think I misused my NA. Mulch is the kind of player where you if have the chance to confirm his alignment, you do it. His style of play leads to replacements like rb and Transcend happening and unwarranted paranoia. He tends to gambit a lot and walk back on them. Locking him into actually being a PR or making sure no one gets away with faking a guilty on him doesn't seem bad.
Lil Uzi Vert wrote:The big harp was information and that I didn't get any but this role from my understanding should be played to catch people lying. Confirming people is just a bonus.
Quoting from the dead thread. I still think he was the best check for that night. I just misunderstood everyone else's understanding of him as a player.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

I just don't understand how people believed mulch just so happened to check uzi the night uzi just so happened to check mulch on top of the fact uzi had no business sticking his neck out as scum in that moment. Totally blew my mind.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I dont understand 1. How checking mulch confirmed anything, and 2. How Uzi had a guilty on anyone.

Uzi checked someone who had claimed a PR, and that person retuned not a VT to Uzi upon checking right? The action proves nothing unless mulch was in fact a VT and then we still haven't learned anything. I didn't scum read Uzi for making a bad play, I lynched him because I couldn't see a town reason to use his role in the way that he did.

Obviously you guys feel different from the comments I've read, so I guess we are just going to have to go ahead and disagree here. Uzi checks literally almost anyone else would have resulted in a very different day.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

Sorry I got myself lynched. Thought I had a pretty good handle on who was scum(other than Mulch) but couldn't really communicate it that well. Will have to work on that.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 3183, Formerfish wrote:I dont understand 1. How checking mulch confirmed anything, and 2. How Uzi had a guilty on anyone.

Uzi checked someone who had claimed a PR, and that person retuned not a VT to Uzi upon checking right? The action proves nothing unless mulch was in fact a VT and then we still haven't learned anything. I didn't scum read Uzi for making a bad play, I lynched him because I couldn't see a town reason to use his role in the way that he did.

Obviously you guys feel different from the comments I've read, so I guess we are just going to have to go ahead and disagree here. Uzi checks literally almost anyone else would have resulted in a very different day.
It confirmed if he was telling the truth or not. Meaning it helped rule out of it was a town gambit or not by locking him into a claim to prevent retraction.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Uzi had a guilty because Mulch said that he had a rolecop result that said he was vanilla - that meant Mulch had to be lying from Uzi's pov. The result also gave him the ability to prevent Mulch from squirming from the claim with a vt retraction.

I agree that Uzi's action didnt really get concrete info and a clear or a guilty on tictac would have been game changing for town, and I get why you would come to the conclusion you did. most of the town missed the big picture though, which was mulch being the first to claim put him in a position where he had to bs something and he just got unlucky. for uzi to be scum he had to deliberately cc someone widely townread and vulnerable to a nk WHILE picking a result that his buddies had ample time to point out the error with

it's a learning experience though for everyone here though. i never realized how game changing one night action alone can be honestly

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:06 pm

In post 3184, TwoInAMillion wrote:Sorry I got myself lynched. Thought I had a pretty good handle on who was scum(other than Mulch) but couldn't really communicate it that well. Will have to work on that.
im glad to see you stay man :)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My suggestion for people playing Neapolitan: check VT claims or people who don't look like PRs.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 3188, Gamma Emerald wrote:My suggestion for people playing Neapolitan: check VT claims or people who don't look like PRs.
Not the case here. I know how to use the role :lol:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well I don't get what you were doing.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm not sure what you aren't getting about wanting to confirm whether PR or not.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by Mulch »

Call it the mulch effect
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Did you think he was town fakeclaiming? Neapolitan works more like a cop than a role cop, in that it gets "vt" or "not vt" meaning it has hard innos. So use it on people who have not claimed PR, because using it on people who have means unless the target is an idiot, you will get a "not vt" result which means NOTHING at that point.
<Embrace The Void>

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 3193, Gamma Emerald wrote:Did you think he was town fakeclaiming? Neapolitan works more like a cop than a role cop, in that it gets "vt" or "not vt" meaning it has hard innos. So use it on people who have not claimed PR, because using it on people who have means unless the target is an idiot, you will get a "not vt" result which means NOTHING at that point.
so he correctly got a guilty on someone and you're mad at him for it? @_@
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 3193, Gamma Emerald wrote:Did you think he was town fakeclaiming?

unless the target is an idiot.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 3193, Gamma Emerald wrote:Did you think he was town fakeclaiming? Neapolitan works more like a cop than a role cop, in that it gets "vt" or "not vt" meaning it has hard innos. So use it on people who have not claimed PR, because using it on people who have means unless the target is an idiot, you will get a "not vt" result which means NOTHING at that point.
Yes I leaned town on him fake claiming. I wanted to confirm if he was.

Again I know how the role works or how most people use it :lol:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

If I had gotten a VT, it could've prevented scum from fake claiming a guilty on him and town from mislynching him.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I got a non-VT and got a guilty out of it.

The role was just was unconventionally.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 3194, RadiantCowbells wrote:
so he correctly got a guilty on someone and you're mad at him for it? @_@
I lol'd. I do agree with the statement that there was hardly any cooperation from town and that was the ultimate down fall. I've yet to see justification for uzi's lynch. It was mainly the timing and way uzi went about his result that cleared uzi as town. People want to focus on how he used the role and speaking in terms of his lynch that shouldn't have been what did him in because of HOW and WHEN he revealed his result that he shouldn't have been lynched. As I've already stated that was the moment town lost in my opinion. Instead of lynching mulch who had already had a wagon form against him before that point we tunneled the guy who had not been scum read yet for his use of the role.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”