Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Mini Normal 1940: The Apartment [Endgame]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:37 am

Post by WhyMafia »

Welcome to The Apartment!

13 people - The original amount of residents at The Apartment. Most seeking a simple shelter, while others aiming to cause misery. Throughout the next few weeks the town will be uncovering the mystery of a series of murders. Who could be responsible for such crimes? Fear and paranoia run rampant, but the town must band together to find those who are responsible using a combination of logic, clues, and more. Or else all will perish .... :dead:

Lovely Apartment Inspectors = Fferyllt, Mastina, and Cheetory6
Backup Housekeeper = Virtuoso
After all, one must keep up with all the regulations :wink:
Spoiler: Original Group of People in the Apartment
1) TesXX
Randomidget
-
VT

2) Boonskiies*
Mafia Goon, survived till endgame, and won

3) Fykus*
-
VT

4) Mulch
-
VT

5) Eddie Cane
Skirt Skirt
-
Mafia Neighbor, survived till endgame, and won

6) LicketyQuickety
Lil Uzi Vert
-
VT

7) Scarab**
UnaBombaH
-
Town Neighbor

8) Vedith*
-
Town Professor (Modified Doc. If target does not use the heal, the target gains a 1 shot doc ability

9)
Secret Agent Jin**
Srceenplay
-
VT

10) Skitter30
-
Mafia 2-Shot Strongman, won posthumously

11) RadiantCowbells
-
Town Watcher Neighbor

12)
Firecrocer*
Carcalilly
-
Innocent Child

13) Keyenpeydee
Keyen
Mumble*
-
VT

Bold = Confirmed Role
* = Prod

Spoiler: People Still Investigating (Alive)
2) Boonskiies
5) Skirt Skirt
6) Lil Uzi Vert
7) UnaBombaH
13) Mumble

Spoiler: People Killed
Mulch - Lynched Day 1 -> Vanilla Town

RadiantCowbells - Killed Night 1 -> Town Watcher Neighbor

Srceenplay - Lynched Day 2 -> Vanilla Town

Vedith - Killed Night 2 -> Town Professor

Skitter30 - Lynched Day 3 -> Mafia 2 Shot Strongman

Randomidget - Lynched Day 4 -> Vanilla Town

Carcalily - Died Night 4 -> Town Innocent Child

Fykus- Lynched Day 5 -> Vanilla Town

Spoiler: Le Replacement Queue
Srceenplay

Backhand
Last edited by WhyMafia on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:54 am, edited 58 times in total.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:41 am

Post by WhyMafia »

Rules (Shamelessly stolen from Boonskiies)

The Basics:

1] Play to win. Nobody wants to be a loser.
2] Do not take screenshots or directly quote any of the PMs that I send you. Doing so will result in a mod-kill. Pretending to break this rule is the same as actually breaking it. You may paraphrase, but use caution. When in doubt, run it by me first.
3] Do not edit any of your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
4] Do not use encrypted text, hidden text, small text, or any other hard-to-read text when posting.
5] Once you have been lynched or killed, you are out of the game. Do not post anymore until the game is over. "Bah" post if you need to, but eh...
6] Do not talk about this game with anybody else outside of this thread unless your role PM explicitly says that you can.
7] Heated discussion is fine, but personal attacks, insults, flaming, and poor sportsmanship are not. Please don't be a jerk to your fellow players. If I feel that your behavior is preventing other players from enjoying the game, I reserve the right to force-replace or mod-kill you.
8] Do not talk about ongoing games. Like really, come on...

Day, Night, and Twilight:

9] Each Day phase will last for two weeks apiece and each Night phase will last for two days. Once there are less than eight people, each day phase will become only ten days long. I will post specific deadlines in the game thread at the start of every Day and Night phase.
10] Players may continue to talk during Twilight, including the player that has been lynched.
11] If you do not send me your Night action before the specified deadline, I will assume that you are not performing an action on that night, unless your role specifically requires an action, in which case a randomizer will be used to complete the action.
12] If you know you will be unavailable during a Night phase, you may send me your night action during the preceding Day phase if you so desire.
13] Deadline extension requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Voting:

14] Please post all votes and unvotes using either the bold tag or the vote tag. Nicknames are fine, as long as I can understand them. Votes should look like this:
Vote:WhyMafia
or VOTE: WhyMafia.
15] Unvotes are helpful, but not necessary.
16] Please refrain from engaging in any kind of voting trickery. If it looks like a vote, I'm counting it as a vote.
17] A lynch will only occur when a majority (more than 50% of all possible votes) is reached. The number of votes needed to hammer will be included with every vote count.
18] If a majority is not reached by the deadline, there will be no lynch on that Day.
19] Once a hammer occurs, no votes or unvotes will prevent the lynch from happening.
20] Additional votes include VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day with no lynch (which will also require a majority) and VOTE: Draw to end the game in a draw (which will require 100% agreement from all living players).

Activity:

21] You will be expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you go more than 48 hours without posting, you will be prodded.
22] If you receive a prod, you will have 24 hours to post in the game thread. If you do not respond to your prod within 24 hours, you will be replaced. Additionally, if I have to prod you more than three times, you will be replaced.
23] If you know that you will have limited access to the game for more than a few days, please let me know either in the thread or via PM.

Communication with the Moderator:

24] First time modding, so hopefully this game runs smoothly. However, if you notice an error in any form, do not hesitate to promptly tell me.
25] I will not answer any role-related questions in the game thread. If you have any questions about your role, the (theoretical) roles of any other players in the game, or (theoretical) role interactions, send me a PM. Do not try to trick me into confirming a player's role. I will not be amused.
26] If you need to get my attention, just include @Mod or @WhyMafia in your post. Also, bolding will help catch my eye.

Miscellaneous:

27] Scum teams may or may not have day talk. I choose to keep this hidden.
28] If you have any problems with another player, send me a PM and I will do my best to resolve the issue.
29] If a player is mod-killed during the Day phase, then that Day will end immediately.
30] My color is turquoise (#00BFBF) DON’T USE IT.

31] The flavor text is for entertainment purposes only. Analyze it at your own risk.
32] Do not ask me to mod-kill, force-replace, or discipline any other player in the game. That is my decision to make, not yours.
33] As the moderator, my word is final. Please respect my instructions and my decisions.
34] I reserve the right to change these rules during the game if necessary. If this happens, I will inform everybody of the rule change in the thread.
35] In addition to these rules, all site-wide rules also apply.
36] Claiming color code, timestamps, spelling, or any other form of non-public information is prohibited.
37] If the game happens to have multiple scum factions, I will play the game out through. If only scum remain, and all scum end up dying on the final night, the game will be a joint win between scum factions.
38] Go ahead. Find a loophole in my rules. Abuse of a loophole may end with a mod-kill.
39] My timezone is EST
39] You may notice that this is a second Rule 39. I am the mod. I have the right to do this because in the end, what I say goes.

Sample Vanilla Townie:

Welcome, [Insert Name Here], you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:
• During the day, you can vote and talk
• You have no special powers

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Game thread is here. Confirm by replying to this PM with your role name.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:42 am

Post by WhyMafia »

All Role PM's have been sent. Game will start when 10/13 people confirm their role.
10/13 have confirmed! Game starting shortly ...
Last edited by WhyMafia on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:47 am

Post by WhyMafia »

The sun has arisen with a lovely day in the making .... except something was wrong ... Another act of crime had occurred last night. The residents of The Apartment were determined to find the perpetuators. They had set out to spend the day discussing potential suspects.
Day 1
has begun!
VOTE COUNT 1.0

TesXX - 0
Boonskiies - 0
Fykus - 0
Mulch - 0
Eddie Cane - 0
LicketyQuickety - 0
Scarab - 0
Vedith - 0
Secret Agent Jin - 0
Skitter30 - 0
RadiantCowbells - 0
Firecrocer - 0
Keyenpeydee - 0

Deadline in:
(expired on 2017-08-26 18:34:00)

Mod Notes: Good luck everyone!
[/area]
Last edited by WhyMafia on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Mulch »

Hello everyone! A couple things for this game:

1) I'm not going to be hyper posting this game, and I'm going to be explaining my thoughts. I hope people like my new playstyles.

2) I'm going to be fairly busy from the 14-28, but I will at least post once a day

3) I am town.

I'm looking forward to a good game with all of you. Be warned that I may ask questions; try not to scrutinize them as scum doing filler stuff, I'm just trying to try a new playstyle.

Good luck!
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Scarab »

Vote: Keyenpeydee

I've seen your name a lot and know nothing about you whatsoever, which probably makes you more likely to be expendable than the average player.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:51 am

Post by Mulch »

I WOULD like to start off with a question for everyone here: do you think scum have Daychat? I'm doing this because when I'm scum I feel very awkward talking about whether I have Daychat or not when it's hidden from public info. It also reduces the chance of "townslip" that scum can manufactureu when say they act like no Daychat and then an encryptor flips. In addition, scum often like to not associate themselves in groups, so it should be interesting maybe later in the game to see how people respond.

For me, I DO think that scum have Daychat.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

Hello everyone, I believe Skitter30 is mafia. My reasoning? Pure blind guess.

Vote: Skitter30
I totally stole this idea from Human Sequencer
Video that changes often, Enjoy!: https://youtu.be/Ob4b-EGgI9Y
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:53 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

VOTE: Mulch

not rvs
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:56 am

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

I think that the mafia do not have daychat because hiding day chat from public knowledge seems like a regular good idea but I just wouldn't mention anything about mafia day chat in the first couple posts of I was a mod that wanted day chat.
I totally stole this idea from Human Sequencer
Video that changes often, Enjoy!: https://youtu.be/Ob4b-EGgI9Y
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Mulch »

Finally, a little dirty angleshooting- I happened to notice that the first 4 people to confirm were me, Radiant Cowbells, Eddie, and one other person. As soon as I confirmed, (I was the second person), I was in the middle of posting in my review thread for my mini normal game that is going to be modded. I'm
assuming
that when people get their role PM confirmations, if mafia, they are given a link to the mafia chat and they would probably post. Even if no daychat, they probably got some sort of "dawn" period. My thread did NOT get shifted- ie, the little button that said "bump" didn't appear on my thread- from the time I confirmed to when the next 2 people confirmed.

I know this could be drastically wrong, or I could be wrong about the mechanics of thread shifting, but I feel like if those people had gotten a mafia PM, they would have posted and I would get a thread shift. Similarly, my thread DID shift in the NEXT 4 confirmations.

I really, really know this shoulden't be part of the game but I have searched the rules, can't find where this is not allowed, OR where it would be breaking any loophole, and I have seen posts of this nature before (in Large 203, Priscilla was in a neighborhood and thought there was another because of threadshifting), so I'm assuming it's allowed. For this reason, I am townreading RC, because I KNOW they were either the third or fourth confirmation.

Speaking of that-

@RC
: In , you indiciated that you were voting me in a "non rvs vote." Why do you think I would be more likely to do my opening as scum rather than town? Again, I don't think your scum, but I want to try and persuade you that
I'm
not scum, too :]
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

prodge
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:11 pm

Bump is based off the PTs that you have access to.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Scarab
Scarab
Goon
Scarab
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Scarab »

In post 10, Mulch wrote:I really, really know this shoulden't be part of the game
and yet you brought it up

If what you said is actually true, it's something that needs to be brought up to an admin, not to a game full of players who you think might benefit from outside-of-game knowledge
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:15 pm

(it's not)
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Mulch »

@RC
- I'm not sure about that. I had it appear "bump" when no other threads had appeared in front of it, and this has happened in the past as well.

@Scarab
- I know, but I mean one of the things I like about mafiascum is their insistance that anything goes- compare it to Mafia Universe, for example, who don't even allow mentions to moderators. Mafiascum allows angleshooting in their games. If I didn't bring it up, I would be having baseless townreads, and I also feel like I would be holstering an internal guiltyness. Better to get it out in the open.

Of course, if RC is right, then all of this is usless anyway.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by Fykus »

In post 6, Mulch wrote:I WOULD like to start off with a question for everyone here: do you think scum have Daychat? I'm doing this because when I'm scum I feel very awkward talking about whether I have Daychat or not when it's hidden from public info. It also reduces the chance of "townslip" that scum can manufactureu when say they act like no Daychat and then an encryptor flips. In addition, scum often like to not associate themselves in groups, so it should be interesting maybe later in the game to see how people respond.

For me, I DO think that scum have Daychat.
Well its WM's first game as a mod, and wm is always mafia and I assume he likes having mafia day chat so therefore I'm going to make the assumption that there is in fact a day chat for scum.
firecrocer
firecrocer
Goon
firecrocer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by firecrocer »

Hello!
This is my bad entrance.
Also if this game gets ridiculously active like the last mini normal I was in, I shall get horribly overwhelmed,
VOTE: Keyenpeydee you modded the newbie game I lost D:<
I'm 100% that Firecrocer is ScummingtonMcScumlord VIII. -MarioManiac4
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Fykus »

VOTE: firecrocer

cause i duno how to pronounce it with that weird spelling
firecrocer
firecrocer
Goon
firecrocer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by firecrocer »

I have no idea whether scum has a daychat or not.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:08 pm

I think scum has exactly 2 daychats
firecrocer
firecrocer
Goon
firecrocer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by firecrocer »

@RC
Why?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Mulch »

I suppose I'll put my first vote down

VOTE: Firecrocer

I don't think that question was a real question, lol.
firecrocer
firecrocer
Goon
firecrocer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by firecrocer »

It is, and isn't why always an important question?
I want to know why he thinks scum is either two factions, or has two day chats (due to some pr).
I don't know where that conclusion came from.
Unless he's just saying it randomly.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:20 pm

It was a joke.

Am town!RC, pls give many towncreds.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”