Mini Normal 1946 | Classic Hits | Town Victory!

Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Virtuoso »

VC 1.15

Lynching

:!:
skitter30
(3): Fykus, Thor665, BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
(2): Sergtacos, Havo
MariaR
(3): WhyMafia, Chip Butty, Mulch
Havo
(1): humaneatingmonkey
Toranaga
(1): skitter30
humaneatingmonkey
(1): MariaR

Not Voting
(1): Misère, Toranaga

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

The day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2017-09-24 15:12:59)

Mod Notes
: Keep it fun.
Last edited by Virtuoso on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♫ Where words fail, music speaks ♫
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 724, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Nope, I said what I would do in the post before.

Imagine the scenes if I said I haven't read a single post in this game.
You'd be lying and we'd lynch you - what of it?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:11 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

What if I said I have read less than 10 posts in this game?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

Then I would presume you, for some reason, are deciding to play poorly and take pride in it for no reason other than to be a troll, and would blacklist you so I wouldn't need to deal with it in the future.
Are you doing that?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 am

I have purposely decided not to read this game. Yes.

I'm going with a 'sheep the majority' tactic to see how that works out. Feel like trying something different.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

Your plan is to "play" the game the same way a bot could?
That sounds boring.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

It sounds painfully boring, actually.
Even if you win, you'd get like zero pride from it because you did nothing - might as well just tell the mod what to do and leave the site for a few weeks then come back to your results.
Should we lynch you now to spare you and us the boredom of an unreadable derp slot?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:39 am

No, of course not. Unless you want to lynch town? Is that your win-con?

I've been struggling with Day 1s as of late and want to try something different. Also, Day 1s tend to last so much longer than they really need to - I'm hoping that by always joining the leading wagon we can have D1 over before the 40 page mark.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:53 am

Post by Mulch »

Are you going to read at some point?
Amrock#3784
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:54 am

I'll begin to play properly at some point yeah.

I won't reread the game in it's entirety though.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:55 am

Post by Mulch »

How do we know if your scum?
Amrock#3784
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:59 am

You'll have to wait until I start providing content.

I have to say - I'm super surprised I was allowed to coast this long. I could have went longer if I wanted to if I chose not to draw attention to myself.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:00 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

I don't believe that's how the mind of someone getting a town PM works. VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee

Before Thor loses his shit, I just got off work and I need to sleep first.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 732, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:No, of course not. Unless you want to lynch town? Is that your win-con?

I've been struggling with Day 1s as of late and want to try something different. Also, Day 1s tend to last so much longer than they really need to - I'm hoping that by always joining the leading wagon we can have D1 over before the 40 page mark.
So your non-play plan is just for Day 1?
Good scum play, boring town play.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:33 am

Post by WhyMafia »

I think blue is more like a deadline/compromise lynch
Until around deadline, I am ignoring his posts.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:37 am

Post by Havo »

In post 739, WhyMafia wrote:I think blue is more like a deadline/compromise lynch
Yes, everyone ignores BBT because there's always a more scummier target, then of course BBT survives the night because if he is town, no way scum is gonna kill him off.

Then before you know it, it's LYLO and guess who's making the game deciding decision?

I honestly don't know if this site is gonna work for me. There's a good reason for policy lynches, it make take a little time, but they eventually start culling this kinda shit.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:38 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 703, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 641, Misère wrote:UNVOTE: Havo
I read ahead just enough to see that Havo finally hard-claimed. In the absence of a second cop claim I have to at least provisionally accept him as town.

@MOD
Speaking entirely hypothetically, if a Loyal Cop were to target a Town Miller, what sort of result would they get? (Specifically, would it be identical to the result for targeting a Mafia Goon?)

Spoiler: Wall of catch-up reactions, pp. 7-14
In post 151, Chip Butty wrote:Sorry, but someone has to go and there isn't any solid evidence on D1. Not sure there is any value in dragging D1 out to a two week talkfest. We just have to go on people's reactions, and yours have been anything but reassuring.
This seems to be written from the perspective that you don't actually believe Havo is scum.
In post 157, Havo wrote:This is where I'd normally say go ahead and lynch me, cause town could do worse. But this time town could literally NOT do worse. Lynching me is the worst thing town could do.
If your 'soft' is this hard, you might as well just say "HI I'M A COP" right here.
In post 164, MariaR wrote:Hello? Why do we have Havo at L-1 7 pages in when there clearly softing PR. Get off this wagon the fact it picked up so fast with no counter wagon is red flags all over.
If you think Havo is scum we can come back later. Let's vote the band wagon jumper.

VOTE: Chip
Good vote. Bad post re. Havo. It's not hard to see why Havo was where he was at this point, and the heavy softing had only just started.

Mulch's is good analysis, and he follows up with a readlist. I'm calling him town.
In post 187, MariaR wrote:Like honest to god you know how easy it is to fake a god dam reads list if you want to it's not that hard at all. Being sr for lack of reads is fucking stupid because coming up with genuine reads for some people takes time
Maria's best post so far. It comes from a townish mindset and one I understand.
In post 202, MariaR wrote:I know but it's still the point that triggers me the most. I understand where Havo is coming from. I don't think a wagon magically shows up on scum 7 papges in and it's super sub optimal to lynch him here because if it's a town pr we get barely any info and we're in an awful spot we let mafia handle him or come back to him later but not today.
  1. Off-topic, please don't use mental health terminology this lightly. It makes it harder for PTSD sufferers to be taken seriously.
  2. If you look at my one other game played under this account, the very first wagon in the game was on scum. In fact this worked in their favor because whenever anyone tried to push him again they got a big "I can't believe you're still on that, that was at the beginning of the game" reaction, even though no one ever answered the actual points against him. Saying someone is less likely scum if they were wagoned early is just empirically false.
In post 214, Mulch wrote:This sentence basically sums up EXACTLY why towns on mafiascum are straight trash. "-If almost everyone agrees on a wagon you're most likely wrong" what the fuCK? This is what a town should STRIVE FOR. THis is the END GOAL. The fact that there is unity is GOOD. There are THREE scum here, and 12 town. That means a VAST MAJORITY of town are agreeing. And scum are very very likely to busy day 1. Even if there is a scum snuck in there, it means nothing.Of COURSE they aren't going to make that arguement, no scum is shit enough to do that. And no, wagons on scum are very very fluid day one and yes, stick. These ideas are so wrong. So so wrong
QFT.
In post 220, Mulch wrote:Alright. I disagree with your points entirely and it's making me angry but I'm more voting you for and
These are the correct reasons to vote Maria.
In post 232, Sergtacos wrote:Strong town: none
lean town: Robbnva
Null: None
lean scum: Monkey, whymafia, mulch, tor
Strong scum:

So far.
Severely incomplete read list. Opinions are good, you should have them.
In post 249, Chip Butty wrote:About the Havo soft: If he really is a PR then drawing massive attention to himself by obstinately refusing to provide reads and doing all that complaining was a terrible way to play it. Also the alleged soft was so obvious he might as well have just hardclaimed a big PR. I agree we need to see a fullclaim at this point.
Agreed with this.
In post 237, Sergtacos wrote:If he flips miller then we waste our day. If he flips scum, then that would be beneficial. How about we analyze and bring in discussions before we actually proceed with this lynch?
In post 240, Sergtacos wrote:If whymafia is scum and if you're scum, you're bussing xD so i find it hypocritical if you two are scums xD
In post 244, Sergtacos wrote:Who lynched? Whymafia? But if he ends up flipping miller then what? Thats my biggest concern here. I mean, if i was miller i would hard claim D1 too in the beginning as soon as possible.
In post 248, Sergtacos wrote:Honestly this gives me a headache because monkey is right though. If there's a lynch or lose situation and lets say whymafia is actually town and survives until lynch or lose, he might get lynched at the lynch or lose phase.
In post 251, Sergtacos wrote:But if whymafia is actually scum, we're falling for his fake claim, however if he's town, im pretty sure scums would want to keep him alive until lynch or lose.
Fluff, fluff, fluff, fluff, fluff. "If we lynch WhyMafia and he's town, that would be bad. But if we lynch him and he's scum, that would be good." Thanks for that keen insight.
In post 324, Chip Butty wrote:Man, that was epic! If you guys are scum v scum, my hat is off to you.
I literally thought exactly this right before reading this post.
In post 329, Thor665 wrote:
In post 82, Mulch wrote:
In post 80, Virtuoso wrote:
Robbnva has requested replacement. Searching now.
I hate to say it but I think that in all likelihood a chance of a town win just went up lol
By saying this, are you claiming Robbnva's slot as town?
Why? Like, he literally has no town vibes worth speaking of, and you're cracking a joke that requires him to be town - what's up?
This is an interesting observation. I can't decide whether to take it seriously as a potential slip, though.
In post 337, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 157, Havo wrote:L - 1.

This is where I'd normally say go ahead and lynch me, cause town could do worse.

But this time town could literally NOT do worse.

Lynching me is the worst thing town could do.
PR slip?
More hard-hitting analysis from Sergtacos.
In post 340, Havo wrote:***** My first Read List *****

I'm heavily Scum reading the guys STILL voting me after I have claimed a town PR.

This action alone, a day and a half into a 14 day 1, is scummier than anything I'm

Being voted for in the first place.
Lazy. And what's the point of softing if you're going to then say "I HAVE A TOWN PR" in black and white? It won't save you from being shot, all it will do is make it harder for town to make up their minds.
In post 342, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 169, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Skitter
"@HEM: Do you think WM is scum? Or are you pushing a policy lynch on him? Similarly, do you actually want to lynch him today?"
Not overwhelmingly. It's a policy lynch, technically. I want him out so we don't have to deal with the slot later, and then analyze based on what happened to the slot later. I think it's because scum would advocate for his survival to the point of LYLO, where it would be too late.
This tone and your statement on Whymafia sounds like whymafia is actually a miller and you're scum. You're back and forth on my reads. I can understand why we should policy lynch him however I do get a sense that whymafia is town because his interaction from all this and this post. This post is giving me scummy vibes. It feels like to me YOU know which is why I won't be surprised if whymafia flips miller so you would get "Credit." that won't work on me.
First good post from Sergtacos.
In post 347, Sergtacos wrote:Funny how you want a hard claim from him and not from everyone else? we might as well say fuck it and announce all of our roles.

So far, Whymafia= Miller

Anyone else want to hardclaim?

See how stupid this is? Why are you so demanding for Havo's full claim when there's still 2 weeks ahead of us for D1! Like I would expect a hard claim in D3 and/or D4, maybe D2 depending on the situation but wth.
This post, on the other hand, is willful misrepping. There is a huge difference between wanting a really scummy player who is the top lynch candidate and has already softed power to claim, and wanting everyone to claim. Given that it leads into a vote for Mulch, this looks like Serg has decided to scumread Mulch and is looking for a reason.
In post 348, Chip Butty wrote:It's simple. Havo said that lynching him is the worst thing town can do. That is, he is claiming the strongest PR. So he is already going to be a prime target for NK. So there is no greater risk to town if he actually specifies what he is claiming.

Atm he has made it clear he is seeking the protection from lynching that a claim usually affords, while dodging the risk of being cc-ed that comes with a specific claim.

Thus a specific claim has upside for town and no downside. Leaving things as they stand just opens up the possibility of letting scum.havo cruise. Downside for town with no upside.

tl;dr:
Havo's obstinacy is so self-defeating that he may actually be town. Sergtacos looks bad. MariaR looks bad. Mulch looks great. Chip Butty is making a lot of sense but, as of page 14, I'm not committed to saying that makes him town.
Looks like I'm looking for a reason? Hm apparently you didn't really read the posts carefully. I gave my reasons why Mulch could be scum. I made a strong case against him yet you disagree, why because I'm looking for a reason? The reason is in the posts, he tried to get Havo to hardclaim, which typically town doesn't do that because they don't want their god damn power role support players be killed. How is this hard to understand? I swear you people are dumb for wanting to get a hard claim in D1, fucking D1. A COP. We're gonna lose a fucking cop N1. How do you guys feel about that? Think about it, jesus christ.
This is such a lazy way to scum read mulch. It's a theory difference. You're making a reason to scum read him and it feels fabricated. If you're going to blatantly soft, you're gonna get NK'ed anyway
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:40 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 740, Havo wrote:
In post 739, WhyMafia wrote:I think blue is more like a deadline/compromise lynch
Yes, everyone ignores BBT because there's always a more scummier target, then of course BBT survives the night because if he is town, no way scum is gonna kill him off.

Then before you know it, it's LYLO and guess who's making the game deciding decision?

I honestly don't know if this site is gonna work for me. There's a good reason for policy lynches, it make take a little time, but they eventually start culling this kinda shit.
?
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if we cannot decide on a lynch, or we're getting close to deadline, we should just lynch him.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:52 am

Post by Havo »

After re-reading the game, as of now,

Why Mafia is my heaviest TR, 99.999% The fact he claimed MIller immediately and I'm a Loyal Cop basically confirms him to me.
I also like the majority of posts and his overall tone.

Slight town leans -
Maria, Toranaga and Thor

Null -
Serge Tacos, I don't know how to read this slot tbh, it's like watching a flea circus.
I mean, I'm just like WTH?

BBT- Enigma because he refuses to participate. I know he hasn't read the thread because he didn't respond
to me calling him Scum MVP of our last game. He played basically the same way and cost town the game.
IF town can't reach a consensus on a lynch, BBT would do nicely.

Slightly Scum leaning -
Skitter and Misere, not crazy about their posts and tone

Heavy scum leaning -
Monkey and Mulch, for outing the soft PR claim, Monkey still voting me lol.
Mulch super defensive anytime anyone scum reads him.
Chip - This ones probably my biggest gut feeling. I doubt all 3 are scum considering how hard the three were
pushing my wagon, but I'd be one is for sure
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:53 am

Post by Havo »

In post 742, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 740, Havo wrote:

?
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if we cannot decide on a lynch, or we're getting close to deadline, we should just lynch him.
Ok, I agree 100%. I zero'd in on the ignore part.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:54 am

Post by Havo »

VOTE: Chip
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:06 am

Post by Havo »

In post 145, Chip Butty wrote:I don't know which i dislike more: the Toranaga slot's abysmal grip on how probability works, or the Havo slot's abysmal defence. But it looks like a Havo lynch might actually happen, so:

VOTE: Havo
Sounds like it Might actually happen, pings me, don't like the tone of it at all.
In post 151, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 149, Havo wrote:
In post 148, Chip Butty wrote:I don't think sarcasm is an adequate defence...sorry...
What's the accusation against me exactly?

That I'm scummy? That I haven't defended my self well enough?
Yeah, those.

Sorry, but someone has to go and there isn't any solid evidence on D1. Not sure there is any value in dragging D1 out to a two week talkfest. We just have to go on people's reactions, and yours have been anything but reassuring.
Seems to be in a big rush to lynch someone. EVen states he's not "Sure" of any value in dragging out the day.
There's always value for town to drag things out. More talk, more time for scum to have to fill.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Havo »

In post 158, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 153, Havo wrote:Shutting down discussion is inherently Anti Town play.

Period.
Discussion is fine but all you keep saying is it's too early to discuss anything because a few players haven't posted much and too early for reads. What if we all took that approach? We'd be twiddling our thumbs until nightfall. How about anandoning your lofty principles and actually giving some reads, instead of just complaining about how unfair it all is?
REally hate this post.

I clearly never said it's too early to discuss, I said it was too early for me to have any serious reads, over and over I said it.
Then there's the talking down to me and the VERY NEXT SENTENCE he accuses me of having lofty principals. When he just talked
down to me.

This reeks to me.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:13 am

Post by Havo »

In post 381, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 365, Thor665 wrote: If he's a powerful investigative role - scum's best option is to use PRs that will effect his investigation (e.g. roleblock) because he will likely be protected.
If he is a powerful protective role scum's best option is to kill him.

So why should we help scum sort their best play?
:neutral: .
This is fine from a Havo is town perspective, but from a Havo is scum perspective the point was to deny him the shelter of a vague false claim.

Moot point now probably.

But, you know, if you're a cop don't draw attention to yourself. If people want a few reads give em a few reads to get them off your back, and then you don't need to claim either soft or hard.
Still trying to create doubt and throwing shade at me, I get the feeling he REALLY wanted my lynch to go thru.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 748, Havo wrote:Still trying to create doubt and throwing shade at me, I get the feeling he REALLY wanted my lynch to go thru.
It's actually why I think he's town.
I don't see scum derping in that hard on a PR, they'd be more subtle - like Skitter was.
That he so owed the push, makes me think he was town who is just oddly obsessive about the value of not allowing scum soft claims.
I'll agree that is play I disagree with, but I don't see it as likely scum play.
Thus it is anti-town.
But it is not particularly pro-scum.
Make sense?

Also, as far as your BBT issue goes - you just described why he is an optimal cop investigate.
Those are the slots you want to auto clear early - derp slots scum won't kill.
And if he's scum, huzzah.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”