Mini Normal 1963 - List Mod Mafia Game Over

Nexus
miss
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2010
Location: Greatness
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1500  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:49 am

Shitlord.

implosion
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2010
Location: zoraster's back yard
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1501  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:51 am

I, in the scum PT, ironically wrote:I have a hunch wave is fakeclaiming. Or someone else, idk who. This is a very low amount of town power. There might be a doc.

eheh.

This was before serg claimed gunsmith though.

Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1502  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:42 am

Well played scum team. Town too, for the most part. Taco, you played well except maybe for the miller fakeclaim. Skitter, you were solid. Sorry for shooting you Dany, if you're reading. Probably the low point of my vig career to date. I think i tend to choke a bit as vig. Having Mulch replace in certainly didn't help.

TwoInAMillion
MishMash Game
 
User avatar
Joined: July 22, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1503  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Way to go scum team!

Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
 
User avatar
Joined: April 23, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1504  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:59 pm

In post 1502, Chip Butty wrote:Well played scum team. Town too, for the most part. Taco, you played well except maybe for the miller fakeclaim. Skitter, you were solid. Sorry for shooting you Dany, if you're reading. Probably the low point of my vig career to date. I think i tend to choke a bit as vig. Having Mulch replace in certainly didn't help.


Rip
I was banned from mafia universe for calling out white supremacism and I would do it again

Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
 
User avatar
Joined: April 23, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1505  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:59 pm

I played horrible this game

Wp scum
I was banned from mafia universe for calling out white supremacism and I would do it again

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1506  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:36 pm

In post 1461, wavemode wrote:Looking back I'm astounded town flubber could actually justify taking that position

Like, wow

And if you ever did that again I would make the same decision.

Cops are not supposed to be around in mylo/lylo

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1507  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:39 pm

Regardless, sephiroph and implosion played an exceptional game. I had no suspicions of them until late game.

Thank you for modding nexus :)

skitter30
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: PDT
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1508  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:44 pm

Wave, you were awesome and like bled town. Idk why I wouldn't let myself see it :/


In post 1498, Nexus wrote:
wavemode - Town Vanilla Cop - Lynched day 4
Sergtacos - Town Gunsmith - Endgamed
skitter30 - Vanilla Townie - Endgamed
Flubbernugget - Vanilla Townie - Endgamed


Congratulations to:
implosion - Mafia Goon - survived and won
Sephiroth - Mafia Ninja - survived and won
TwoInAMillion - Mafia Goon - won in death


But you were a *full* vanilla cop?????

At some point I had forgotten you had claimed ods-night, and wanted to no-lynch, have you check Flubber, and Serg check implosion. They couldn't kill both of you, and so whoever lived would clear or guilty one of flubber/implosion. Like no matter who died, and whatever the alignment of flubber/wave, we'd either have a clear (so three clears would make the team obvious), or a guilty.

I didn't suggest it though, cuz you claimed odd-night :facepalm:

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1509  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:47 pm

I don't think it's reasonable to call someone "bleeding town" and then pick apart their fakeclaim in the same post.

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1510  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Ehhh..., what I'm really trying to say is don't be so hard on yourself.

Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1511  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:34 pm

In post 1505, Mulch wrote:I played horrible this game

Wp scum


you were obvious town to me imo

Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 25, 2007
Location: Nibelheim
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1512  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:50 pm

In post 1508, skitter30 wrote:Wave, you were awesome and like bled town. Idk why I wouldn't let myself see it :/


In post 1498, Nexus wrote:
wavemode - Town Vanilla Cop - Lynched day 4
Sergtacos - Town Gunsmith - Endgamed
skitter30 - Vanilla Townie - Endgamed
Flubbernugget - Vanilla Townie - Endgamed


Congratulations to:
implosion - Mafia Goon - survived and won
Sephiroth - Mafia Ninja - survived and won
TwoInAMillion - Mafia Goon - won in death


But you were a *full* vanilla cop?????

At some point I had forgotten you had claimed ods-night, and wanted to no-lynch, have you check Flubber, and Serg check implosion. They couldn't kill both of you, and so whoever lived would clear or guilty one of flubber/implosion. Like no matter who died, and whatever the alignment of flubber/wave, we'd either have a clear (so three clears would make the team obvious), or a guilty.

I didn't suggest it though, cuz you claimed odd-night :facepalm:

Dude yeah this was pretty shocking to me to find out because I had a similar moment in scum chat where I was like 'oh shit NL is actually the optimal play' until implosion reminded me about the odd night. I KNEW there was something fishy about that odd night! I guess Wave had one last gambit planned? And maybe thats why he seemed overly open to a NL in that one post earlier? He knew he could break the game on a NL but I guess at that point no one would believe him if he changed his claim again?
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.

Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 25, 2007
Location: Nibelheim
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1513  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Honestly I'm very surprised that Wave didn't just claim full vanilla cop, I don't see how the half claim benefits him unless he was worried skitter wouldnt buy another full investigative balance-wise.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.

Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 25, 2007
Location: Nibelheim
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1514  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:02 pm

I also just want to throw out that I'm legitimately embarrassed by the arguments I was throwing at wave but I had no choice but to argue wavescum and I guess it was enough.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.

skitter30
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: PDT
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1515  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Ye, I guess so. Like I couldn't figure out why a no-lynch made sense there if he was odd-night. I would have bought full vc without a question if he had claimed it in the beginning. I don't think I would have bought it after a no-lynch after today went down.

And yeah a lot of your posts seemed designed to appeal to me (idk if you realized you were doing that though), but since wave, who was convinced you were scum didn't see it, I thought I was seeing things that weren't there.

And at the very end I realized that you *not* being around given the deadline was sketchy. And that your posts against wave in like part7 of your argument against wave were just like ???? :/:/:/

Like those things made voting for wave just feel wrong, but they weren't strong enough for me to get Serg to vote for you too.

Spoiler: and yeah I read the scum PT; you guys played well!
In post 149, implosion wrote:I sort of just hope that these proceedings make people magically start conceiving the game as me + wavemode vs you + flubber.


In post 180, implosion wrote:
Well, implosion is more or less conftown to me at this point simply because if he switched sides, they'd have enough votes to lynch me

uh yeah this isn't how mylo works when people haven't voted yet :s


The distancing really worked, and you did get the game down to seph/flubber and wave/you. I just couldn't make the game work with seph/flubber, and the associatives for wave/implosion were super strong, from both of you (wave treating you as conftown, and your distancing), so it seemed like a billion times more likely than any other pairing.

In post 69, Sephiroth wrote:As I see it our best options for NK are Skitter and Wicked, but I don't think NKing Skitter will benefit us because they're pretty hardline about me being town and I dont think a TIAM flip alone would be enough to get them to lynch me.


And this was one of the sticking points. I had to figure out why the heck I was alive at endgame, and me not being dead in that gamestate for two nights in a row basically screamed at me that all my reads were wrong, and you were the one I felt the most strong about ... which kinda pointed at you being scum. But like as either alignment you couldn't defend that, so me harping on it wouldn't really accomplish much.

In post 150, implosion wrote:oh my god actually if you're lynched i might be able to make a balance case that flubber is a scum doc!


Wouldn't have bought it, especially not from you. The two things that I was pretty constant on scum!imp and town!flubber and I *really* didn't think I was wrong there.

In post 167, implosion wrote:Post 1359 is a very impressive series of deductions by skitter even if they are wrong :p


Ye, sometimes I see things that aren't there. At some point I realized the timeline didn't match up so I dropped it.

Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 25, 2007
Location: Nibelheim
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1516  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Reading back the scumchat, implosion and I had some very good synergy. Our playstyles lined up really well to be scum together.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.

Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 25, 2007
Location: Nibelheim
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1517  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Also reading back the scum chat, I underestimated Wave HARD. That almost did me in.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.

mastina
Memorable Event
 
User avatar
Joined: October 08, 2016
Location: Between Snohomish and Monroe, WA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1518  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:09 pm

In post 1481, implosion wrote:Also, obligatory thank you to Nexus for another lovely game (and apologies for mucking up the postgame pre-flip). I was like. Super, super confused when I saw the FBI agent because for some reason at first I thought it *actually* meant there was an SK, and that they also shot Wossi because they caught some crumb, and I was about 99% sure you wouldn't put an SK in the game :P
Actually, funny story that.

It was originally a serial killer. :P

The original setup we vetoed for being scumsided was,
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Doctor

1-Shot BP SK

Rolecop
FBI Agent
Roleblocker
VT x 6.
Avatar by caledfwitch.

Sticks McGee: Infiltrating the Complex is coming to Mish Mash...as soon as I draw the hundreds of images necessary!
Ballroom Blitz: In queue now!

Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 25, 2007
Location: Nibelheim
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1519  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:09 am

Yeah forgot to mention, thanks to Nexus for modding! Great setup and game =)
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.

implosion
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2010
Location: zoraster's back yard
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1520  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:06 pm

In post 1516, Sephiroth wrote:Reading back the scumchat, implosion and I had some very good synergy. Our playstyles lined up really well to be scum together.

Also true.

And yeah we underestimated (in a sense) a lot of the town just for having had bad reads at the time.

Wickedestjr
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 27, 2008
Location: UTC-5
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1521  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Good game scum! ;) You all played very well. In particular, I thought I knew how to read you implosion and now I know that I cannot. :P

And thanks Nexus!

Fro99er
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 02, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1522  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:58 pm

like go look at these three quotes from skitter's ISO in that other game, as town.

Spoiler: skitter from the other game as town
In post 14, skitter30 wrote:
In post 13, Wossi wrote:Skitter made a wagon


And ...?

In post 27, skitter30 wrote:
In post 14, skitter30 wrote:
In post 13, Wossi wrote:Skitter made a wagon

And ...?


Like, are you going somewhere with this, or are you just making inane observations?

In post 24, wavemode wrote:At least 1 scum between Dany/Wicked


What happened to HEM? (And Serg too I suppose)?

In post 25, Sephiroth wrote:I don't see it. Flubber is a better wagon.


Are you serious about this?

In post 38, skitter30 wrote:
In post 34, Wossi wrote:Maybe because there's not really any town reason to claim scum?


:facepalm:

There isn't really any scum reason to claim scum?

Why are you and Sephiroth taking that post seriously when it was clearly a joke?

In post 27, skitter30 wrote:
In post 14, skitter30 wrote:
In post 13, Wossi wrote:Skitter made a wagon

And ...?


Like, are you going somewhere with this, or are you just making inane observations?


In post 35, Wossi wrote:why so defensive?


I'm not being defensive. I'm trying to figure out

a) if that post had a point and why you didn't make it at the time

b) if that post didn't have a point and why you bothered to post it at all.

Basically I'm trying to figure out if that was a legitimate observation directed towards some purpose or if you're just saying things in an attempt to look busy.


There's a lot of pointed/annoyed sounding tone, such as...

"And?"

"Like, are you going somewhere with this, or are you just making inane observations?"

"Are you serious about this?"

"Why are you and Sephiroth taking that post seriously when it was clearly a joke?"




In this game, it's just all agreeable shit and the only questions are some form of "what do you think of X?" type stuff or "why does X that?" ... more generic fitting-in type Q's instead of pointed tone.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend

Fro99er
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 02, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1523  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:59 pm

In post 1522, Fro99er wrote:like go look at these three quotes from skitter's ISO in that other game, as town.

Spoiler: skitter from the other game as town
In post 14, skitter30 wrote:
In post 13, Wossi wrote:Skitter made a wagon


And ...?

In post 27, skitter30 wrote:
In post 14, skitter30 wrote:
In post 13, Wossi wrote:Skitter made a wagon

And ...?


Like, are you going somewhere with this, or are you just making inane observations?

In post 24, wavemode wrote:At least 1 scum between Dany/Wicked


What happened to HEM? (And Serg too I suppose)?

In post 25, Sephiroth wrote:I don't see it. Flubber is a better wagon.


Are you serious about this?

In post 38, skitter30 wrote:
In post 34, Wossi wrote:Maybe because there's not really any town reason to claim scum?


:facepalm:

There isn't really any scum reason to claim scum?

Why are you and Sephiroth taking that post seriously when it was clearly a joke?

In post 27, skitter30 wrote:
In post 14, skitter30 wrote:
In post 13, Wossi wrote:Skitter made a wagon

And ...?


Like, are you going somewhere with this, or are you just making inane observations?


In post 35, Wossi wrote:why so defensive?


I'm not being defensive. I'm trying to figure out

a) if that post had a point and why you didn't make it at the time

b) if that post didn't have a point and why you bothered to post it at all.

Basically I'm trying to figure out if that was a legitimate observation directed towards some purpose or if you're just saying things in an attempt to look busy.


There's a lot of pointed/annoyed sounding tone, such as...

"And?"

"Like, are you going somewhere with this, or are you just making inane observations?"

"Are you serious about this?"

"Why are you and Sephiroth taking that post seriously when it was clearly a joke?"




In this game, it's just all agreeable shit and the only questions are some form of "what do you think of X?" type stuff or "why does X that?" ... more generic fitting-in type Q's instead of pointed tone.

god dammit multiple tabs
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend

Nexus
miss
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2010
Location: Greatness
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1524  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:05 am

To nominate this game and any players or mods in it, please see the Scummies nomination thread.
Shitlord.

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Normal Games