Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Golden Robster »

in hindsight, I think lynching hopkirk was dumb after he thought I was the mason; he would of obviously NK'd me

also, I hard defended PM but then again, his ATE did feel super town to me; I thought last scum would have fought tooth and nail (like hopkirk kind of)

also I'm curious about what informed mafioso was actually informed about
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:26 am

Post by Hiraki »

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WHO CALLED IT BABY

COULD'VE BEEN A PERFECT IF Y'ALL JUST LISTENED TO ME
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:15 am

Post by Psyche »

more info to be shared soon, sorry
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Performer »

Great work folks!! I'm so glad golden shot me on n2 LOL.

By the last half of the game, I kept thinking jjd was scum... Damn was I wrong on joral slot.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Performer »

In post 1027, Golden Robster wrote:in hindsight, I think lynching hopkirk was dumb after he thought I was the mason; he would of obviously NK'd me

also, I hard defended PM but then again, his ATE did feel super town to me; I thought last scum would have fought tooth and nail (like hopkirk kind of)

also I'm curious about what informed mafioso was actually informed about
He was informed that there were masons in the game. This game had an interesting setup.
In post 1028, Hiraki wrote:AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WHO CALLED IT BABY

COULD'VE BEEN A PERFECT IF Y'ALL JUST LISTENED TO ME
I dread when town doesn't listen!
-------
Big thanks to host for hosting.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Performer »

Just want to add that golden and jjd, I've played with you guys so many times when we're town , that even if I die, I rest assured that you guys will do well in some way.

The attention to detail and other techniques used to win, I'm consistently relieved to see.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Hopkirk »

What was the code meant to say?
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Psyche »

i meaned to link the setup design thread here, but it's not modded by me so i'll have to ask implosion

oh by the way, the text of the role pms made it impossible for mafia to use a PR and kill at the same time, severely hobbling projectmatt from doing anything that could potentially turn the game around
it's honestly not clear to me whether mastina intended for that to happen or not, but either way in the future i'd urge predesigned setup threads to be a bit more deliberate and detailed in their discussion of relevant mechanics and rules and so on
this was my mistake, too - i all too readily just jumped into the game with what the NRG people gave me, when maybe I should have thought the setup through before the game started and sought confirmation about stuff implied in role pms

as an example of a clearer flaw in the role pms provided to me, the mafia role pms seemed to technically (as in, if you read the text and didn't think about how mafia normally works) give each member of the faction their own killing ability

all of these issues will probably be resolved once the Normal role pm templates are finished being written up
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Actually, Psyche I remember wondering why you don't have a "no cryptography rule" or some such..

Because this:
In post 375, UnrealSeal wrote:_ _ _ n _ _ _ b _ _ _ _ _ _ l _ _ _ _ _ e _ _ r _ _ e _ _ _ _ _ n _ , _ _ _ s _ _ _
seemed out of bounds to me. It would have bugged me if I were scum.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Psyche »

is that cryptography?
i figured it was like breadcrumbing through a hangman minigame
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Oh yeah, I was thinking it seemed a bit wrong.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Psyche »

do mods really usually ban that?
it seems about as bad as making the first letter of each of your posts spell something
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I think the difference is a breadcrumb is public/knowable information whereas codes/ciphers are unknowable/based on external knowledge.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1039, Hopkirk wrote:I think the difference is a breadcrumb is public/knowable information whereas codes/ciphers are unknowable/based on external knowledge.
Yeah, pretty much this.

If one mason dies without the other exposed, then it gives a small benefit to scum in that they can counter-claim a mason.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Performer »

In post 1040, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 1039, Hopkirk wrote:I think the difference is a breadcrumb is public/knowable information whereas codes/ciphers are unknowable/based on external knowledge.
Yeah, pretty much this.

If one mason dies without the other exposed, then it gives a small benefit to scum in that they can counter-claim a mason.
:eek:
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1024, Kublai Khan wrote:Good job town!
Yep, fairly solid performance. You barely needed the PRs at all.

What'd you think of the setup, btw?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Mason tracker feels like an OPed role. Once it had the guilty on NM, there was literally nothing he could do.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1034, Psyche wrote:oh by the way, the text of the role pms made it impossible for mafia to use a PR and kill at the same time, severely hobbling projectmatt from doing anything that could potentially turn the game around
This is because in the new Normal guidelines, in order for the mafia to be able to both kill and action, they need the Multitasking modifier.

I did not design the role to have it. Having two dead scum in the first two days of the game is...well, it's the town performing as well as is possible; that obviously is going to tip the scales massively in the town's favor.

With so much as one scumbuddy alive, the mafia JOAT can make a big difference--the mafia just got really, really unlucky.

Admittedly, this is something I could have asked about adding, but my setup reviewer thought that the lack of the multitasking modifier kept the mafia from being overpowered, so it was in fact part of the setup design, albeit not something I had a strong attachment to.
In post 1034, Psyche wrote:as an example of a clearer flaw in the role pms provided to me, the mafia role pms seemed to technically (as in, if you read the text and didn't think about how mafia normally works) give each member of the faction their own killing ability
This can be traced to me not knowing I'd actually be responsible for writing said PMs; I thought I only needed to specify the roles and then that'd basically be it. But, since the prewritten role PM project is not yet finished, the job did get put on me so I wasn't quite as meticulous as I'd have been if I were designing roles normally, soyeah; it's an issue which will be fixed when we have the prewritten PMs.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Performer »

I thought the setup was very novel. I kept thinking the 3 prs were quite powerful . I think the mafia goon could've been something different like a mafia encryptor , mafia ninja, or something else in order to balance the sides...at least in terms of abilities.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1043, JarJarDrinks wrote:Mason tracker feels like an OPed role. Once it had the guilty on NM, there was literally nothing he could do.
I go into the details of my thought process behind the setup design in the design thread, but my basic process here was that I wanted a Vigilante to be in the same game as Masons, with an absolute 0% chance of the Vigilante shooting a (presumably unclaimed) mason. (Thus, mason-vig.) From there, knowing that the town would need a couple of extra PRs, I added in the jailkeeper and mason-tracker.

The tracker was a mason as to not give the town four power roles (mason-vig, mason, jk, tracker is MUCH stronger than mason-vig, mason-tracker, jk) and also to prevent a tracker from getting a guilty on a mason-vig (which is the type of interaction I wanted to avoid creating). I wanted to have a weak investigative for the town, because with just masons, the vig, and the jailkeeper, the town had no surefire way of gathering any information.

For that purpose and to that end, tracker is a generally good go-to role, because it is fairly worthless in the earlygame short of dumb luck. (Which it got.) It does have some lategame power behind it, but the tracker is never designed in ANY game by ANY moderator to get a guilty N1 after a scum lynch D1. (I guarantee you that scenario doesn't play out in any review thread.)

That having been said, in hindsight, a motion detector would probably have served much the same function here, but it's honestly not a role I much think about using. (Because to me, Motion Detector is a different role which serves as a nerfed watcher/voyeur variant; I know that's not the site standard, but it's what *I*,
personally
, think of when I think of motion detectors, so in designing this setup, it didn't cross my mind to use a motion detector.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1045, Performer wrote:I thought the setup was very novel. I kept thinking the 3 prs were quite powerful . I think the mafia goon could've been something different like a mafia encryptor , mafia ninja, or something else in order to balance the sides...at least in terms of abilities.
Mafia had daytalk by their role PM wording. Also, an ungated ninja would never be something I'd pit against a tracker; even a 1x ninja against a tracker is honestly a bit cruel. (Ninja is more of a watcher counter.)

If the mafia were to receive a buff, the most likely would just be to make the JOAT be multitasking in my opinion, since not acting did in fact nerf them.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1042, mastina wrote:

What was the final setup? I think I got it, but I wanna see it laid out.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1042, mastina wrote:

Weird setup to say the least, but it seems balanced.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [In Signups: 8/9 ONE MORE!]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”