Mini Normal 2016 | Otters vs. Penguins | Endgame

Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 273, Gosrir Elmer Odels wrote:There's a lot of talk about players being jumpy & opportunistic, so check out [p]213[/p].
idk if I would call it opportunistic but anyone who liked performer's post 211 is probably not town
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:16 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

That's a strange post from GEO and I'm not sure what to make of it.

I feel like it's pretty bad that he attempted to apply pressure on me (when I was the leading wagon) but now that it's dissolved he kind of just dismissed it as nothing. Usually I would scum read that but the 'panicked and pressured' part feels genuine and something I don't think scum would say.

I also don't think scum now joins the teacher wagon after it has died. But his read on BV doesn't make sense as BV has now switched wagons (which GEO expected scum!BV to do) but he town reads him for it.

So like, yeah, can someone help me with that post?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:19 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 270, Gustavo wrote:
In post 268, Lefty wrote:There’s nothing wrong with it. That’s kind of the point. As either alignment I’d expect you to call people out, it’s what and who you’re calling out that looks shady to me. Like Invis was a pretty easy target there and your call out is ~justified. But it also doesn’t make Invis scum.
this makes no sense. help me understand.

I was justified for calling him out but because i called him scum that makes me suspicious?
Nah, but I think you’re trying to miss the point on purpose. Invis was an easy target there, you don’t look bad at all for pushing on it. The vote did look bad, point being that the bad vote doesn’t make Invis scum and you’re showing a pattern of pushing LHF imo.
In post 271, Gustavo wrote:
In post 268, Lefty wrote:You never got back to me on that.
Well if we are being technical here, you never asked me for my scum reads.
Lol, cmon man. You’re gonna argue semantics with me here? It’s pretty obvious I wanted some thoughts/reads from you; Town or scum. I left the door open for you to make them on your own and you never did.
In post 272, Gustavo wrote:
In post 269, Lefty wrote:You’re also still arguing from the logic standpoint, which I think is not very difficult to do as scum. You’re countering my points by pointing at actions that are supposed to be Townie. I’m much more concerned about lynching who I think is scum than seeing who is acting the most Town.
i'm a logical person, what can I say. If you are interested in lynching scum you have to A. find them and B. convince others to do that.

You haven't done either of those things yet. I get you think i am scum, but your reasons for scum reading me aren't very good. You just don't like my playstyle which is fine, I am not really interested in arguing with you about your reasons, but i will push you to do part 2 of the job of a townie. You already said you are fine sitting back which is lazy or it's scum trying to avoid actual scum hunting.
This isn’t about playstyle. I’m perfectly fine with logical players, but in this instance I think the way you’re using logic to interact comes from a scummy POV. I could be wrong, maybe, but it’s D1 so I’m fine rolling with my gut and pushing you now that it’s on the table. I admit my case against you isn’t very strong yet, and lynching scum takes coordination. So from my POV is it better to let you continue doing our own thing and call my shots when I see them or death tunnel you from the get go and have everyone ignore it because there’s no real meat to the case yet?

I think you know the answer.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 277, Lefty wrote:Nah, but I think you’re trying to miss the point on purpose. Invis was an easy target there, you don’t look bad at all for pushing on it. The vote did look bad, point being that the bad vote doesn’t make Invis scum and you’re showing a pattern of pushing LHF imo.
No I’m not missing the point. You were trying to imply I called him scum which I didn’t. I called him out on bad play. Is it bad town play or bad scum play, we won’t know yet. I don’t regret doing that and will continue to call out bad play. That’s how you scum hunt and generate discussion.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 277, Lefty wrote:Lol, cmon man. You’re gonna argue semantics with me here? It’s pretty obvious I wanted some thoughts/reads from you; Town or scum. I left the door open for you to make them on your own and you never did.
Not arguing semantics. I was probably busy at the time and wasn’t really paying attention. I’m not the kind of person who just throws out all his reads. That’s why I questioned why wave did it. If you want something from me that you aren’t getting, you’re going to have to ask me directly.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:25 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 277, Lefty wrote:This isn’t about playstyle.
But it is though. You are gut scum reading me because of my playstyle
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 277, Lefty wrote:So from my POV is it better to let you continue doing our own thing
Cool. Cause I’m death tunneling performer. Anyone got a problem with that go ahead and lynch me.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:28 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 280, Gustavo wrote:
No. I’m SR you because the shots you’re taking are scummy imo. Stop making this about something it’s not.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Lefty »

It’s like your ignoring importance of interaction tells in favor of pointing out how you’re at least appearing to scum hunt. Scum gotta make pushes too and lynching scummy townies is the fast track to victory.

I’m a lot more interested in looking for who is taking the easy shots than lynching players that could just be scummy looking Town. Maybe that clashes with the meta on MS but I’m pretty against lynching townies because they’re liabilities. Lynching Town doesn’t advance my wincon.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:34 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 282, Lefty wrote:
In post 280, Gustavo wrote:
No. I’m SR you because the shots you’re taking are scummy imo. Stop making this about something it’s not.
But they really aren’t tho. I’m kind of disappointed more townies didn’t call it out. So we can agree to disagree.
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Goon
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Gosrir Elmer Odels »

In post 276, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:But his read on BV doesn't make sense as BV has now switched wagons (which GEO expected scum!BV to do) but he town reads him for it.
I expected an earlier correction. He spent too much time in that awkward position to be scum.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 283, Lefty wrote:It’s like your ignoring importance of interaction tells in favor of pointing out how you’re at least appearing to scum hunt. Scum gotta make pushes too and lynching scummy townies is the fast track to victory.

I’m a lot more interested in looking for who is taking the easy shots than lynching players that could just be scummy looking Town. Maybe that clashes with the meta on MS but I’m pretty against lynching townies because they’re liabilities. Lynching Town doesn’t advance my wincon.
I feel like you are scum reading me cause you tbink I called him out and called him scum for it. This post makes me think you even think I voted him for it. Your posts actually support that opinion.

The problem is I haven’t actually done any of that which means you scum read me because I called out bad play, something that you admitted town and scum can do. If town and scum can do something that makes it a null act or non alignment indicative. If you are town you have to find alignment indicative stuff. Scum reading people for non AI stuff is just poor play imo but hey you do you, I’ll do me

FTR. I’ve made 1 serious vote this game.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:44 am

In post 285, Gosrir Elmer Odels wrote: I expected an earlier correction. He spent too much time in that awkward position to be scum.
That doesn't really answer my statement regarding your BV read. He still changed the read when pressure subsided.

Also, what was awkward about his position?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:47 am

In post 286, Gustavo wrote: The problem is I haven’t actually done any of that which means you scum read me because I called out bad play, something that you admitted town and scum can do. If town and scum can do something that makes it a null act or non alignment indicative.
Ah, but herein lies the problem. Scum and town can do ANYTHING - I don't think there is anything that is exclusively alignment indicative. Therefore, the actual job of town is to decide whether something is MORE/LESS likely to come from town/scum and go from there.

Your play feels very robotic in this game. Not a fan at all.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 276, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I feel like it's pretty bad that he attempted to apply pressure on me (when I was the leading wagon) but now that it's dissolved he kind of just dismissed it as nothing.
I don’t see where he tried to apply pressure to you when you were the leading wagon.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:51 am

The whole 'meta post' was an attempt to attack/discredit me, no?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 288, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 286, Gustavo wrote: The problem is I haven’t actually done any of that which means you scum read me because I called out bad play, something that you admitted town and scum can do. If town and scum can do something that makes it a null act or non alignment indicative.
Ah, but herein lies the problem. Scum and town can do ANYTHING - I don't think there is anything that is exclusively alignment indicative. Therefore, the actual job of town is to decide whether something is MORE/LESS likely to come from town/scum and go from there.

Your play feels very robotic in this game. Not a fan at all.
Yes this game has gotten much harder, that’s why I like faster days. Scum like to manipulate things and it’s harder to do that at a faster pace. I don’t care if somebody scum reads me, but at least have a good reason and so far nobody has one.

As for my play? It’s probably because it is more robotic than how I normally play. I’m sorry if people don’t like it.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 290, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:The whole 'meta post' was an attempt to attack/discredit me, no?
Or it could have been an attempt to understand the contradiction?
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Invisibility »

ugh
i keep reading over page 10-12 but i can't formulate anything in my head
it's really annoying
i'll have to read later i guess?
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:00 am

It could have.

But it felt more like an attack/angle to start pushing me from at the time.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 294, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It could have.

But it felt more like an attack/angle to start pushing me from at the time.
That’s probably paranoia on your part. I’d wonder why you felt paranoid.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:01 am

Invis, real quick;

Thoughts on teacher, Gus and GEO?
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Invisibility »

BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Invis, real quick;

Thoughts on teacher, Gus and GEO?
okay sure that's something i can manage

teacher: nothing teacher has posted really sticks out to me
Gus: im getting a little bit of gutping but i can't really formulate a specific stance on gus
GEO: GEO's posting has been really fluffy so far and i don't like it

also i forgot to do this VOTE: GEO
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Invisibility »

i don't expect you to be happy with that response tbh
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 am

That wasn't really helpful;

Fluff

Fluff

Disliking of fluff

Vote.

Think I summed that post up pretty well?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”