mini normal 2042: labeled pictures meme mafia (game over)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by the worst »

Krazy I'm just taking a moment to remember how irl-town you are <3
And omg I didn't even realise that was an avi joke I thought my opening read on Keyser sounded like I was on a sugar high or smthn
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 0, schadd_ wrote:big daddy neapolitan
Mod error--this wasn't the title as flipped in the game

:3
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 36, Alonzo wrote:Invis what was your plan here?
vote conspiracy
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:00 pm

Post by teacher »

@Schadd, I especially appreciate your commentary in the deadthread. Thank you.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by schadd_ »

np !
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:28 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Dam. Good job, Krazy & xwing.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:34 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Congrats mafia!

Your tone and efficient posting had you well hidden.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:22 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Good game, scum. I basically never scumread either of you until I had to.
I lay at least half of this loss at Invis' feet (though also, maybe next time I really will try to save the gamethrowing PR claim when my gut tells me to) - micros are too small to recover from game throwing, imo.

teacher, I nearly lockscum'd you when you said "Elephant and I are scumreading each other for not being as game-solve-y as usual, and that's a reason he's scum" (when in reality it should have been a reason you re-evaluated your scumread of me). But tbf, Invis' flip sucked the life out of me this game, so idk if you could have played well enough for me to townread you regardless.

flavor + setup + modding experience were top notch, schadd! :]
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... lating_EVs
thanks to tw in the dead thread for finding this for me! Yes, this is the one
I guess I should have thought this through further, though - in 5-way, & especially with one clear, I'm not sure this "rule" applies.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:24 am

Post by the worst »

I think it's kind of always inherently dangerous to use mechanical/rule based solves like that. Krazy and xwing played really well so I don't really hold anything against you or think it was a bad decision, it was a hard LyLo to solve anyway. but yeah there's a >rand chance someone is town for voting first in LyLo but I think teacher correctly identified that in your experience town has voted first roughly randomly, so always voting the player who crossvotes/is voted first is fraught with danger

I feel ill equipped to give this kind of advice after pushing Vizzy's lynch for mechanical reasons but take it for what it's worth I guess
--
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1134, the worst wrote:in your experience town has voted first roughly randomly
this isn't what he concluded I don't think? Town have indeed placed the first vote in most of the lylos I've been in
Though teacher taking the trouble to do that analysis probably should have tipped me off to his alignment :lol:

@shoshin was there a reason you went quiet while I was trying to solve lylo? I don't know that it would have changed the outcome, just curious if it was a play or you were busy or something else
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:41 am

Post by the worst »

I'm actually correcting his conclusion - there's [s+1] town in LyLo so a rate of 2 v 4 is roughly random and is exactly random for 3p LyLo

haven't gone back and checked the numbers exactly tbf
--
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1135, Irrelephant11 wrote:@shoshin was there a reason you went quiet while I was trying to solve lylo? I don't know that it would have changed the outcome, just curious if it was a play or you were busy or something else
Well, Thanksgiving played a part. I spent the week visiting family and was slowly rereading things when you voted. I'm not sure who I would have voted. Sorting teacher/Krazy wasn't easy, though in hindsight it's clear where they dropped town-tells and scum-tells. Definitely will learn from this game.

xwing was actually my strongest scumread (besides key differences between his play as town/scum, he dropped a couple major scum-tells), but I kept second-guessing myself because I kept thinking scum left me alive to frame him or something. I put way too much thought into why I was left alive. Should have realized scum just didn't want their kill to fail lol... definitely won't second-guess my reads again based on WIFOM-reasoning...

Teacher dropped a few really strong town-tells, but a few questionable posts as well. The biggest thing I didn't understand from him was the amount of effort he put into solving the game under the assumption that FWS was scum. It felt a bit unnatural to me, almost like scum trying to overcompensate for their informed perspective by pretending to be totally clueless. But it turns out he was just actually clueless, like the rest of us lol... I think I over-estimated his skills as scum and in the future need to read that degree of cluelessness as more likely town than scum. Paranoia of his skills got the better of me, I think.

And then Krazy's play looked really different from his scum game, but also different from Supp, so I couldn't figure it out. He was clearly manipulating meta, but it's always hard to sort that sort of thing because I know my own town meta changes from game to game. He dropped two major scum-tells that I'm fairly sure are actual scum-tells for him, now that I know his flip. So at least there's that. I was planning to bring them up before deciding who to vote but didn't get the chance.

I dunno. I'd say it was good play from the scum, though they were definitely readable and we could have won if we were better lol...
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:56 am

Post by the worst »

Your read on xwing was excellent, and when I saw you call out the meta-reads as (correctly) nonsensical in LyLo I had this little faint glimmer of hope.
Irrelephant and I were chatting about this game a bit more earlier and I'm not sure there was any situation which would guarantee a town win here. There's a lot to learn from it IMO, but we were definitely finessed.
--
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1116, teacher wrote:@Sho: What made you scum me? Only Krazy made a case, just wondering for future.
I wasn't scum on you. I had you as town all game until LYLO, where I was slowly in the process of reevaluating everything. But see my other post where I say what had me confused.

The level of thought you displayed at certain points was way too nuanced to come from scum. Definitely more nuanced than anyone else in the game, at least in terms of how closely you were reading and thinking about the game.

I hope we get to play again!
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by schadd_ »

fluffy white sheep kept a thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77668
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by Alonzo »

It was all my fault.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1137, Shoshin wrote:almost like scum trying to overcompensate for their informed perspective by pretending to be totally clueless
Thanks for the kind words in the following post. Tbh Day 2 and day three I was playing as if I was going to be the lylo lynch - I was over effort posting to sell townibess to elephant or X and trying to be a bit more abrasive than is my natural style for you - it had earned some townie points in your reaction to 220 krazy was eight to call my read on him political - I knew you were town and I was town, and I wanted to get you off of where I thought you were (scum on me). FWIW, Elephant clearly thought the same from his vote explanation, so I’d suggest you try to be a bit more clear as well. That said, I echo looking forward to playing with you again!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by implosion »

If you want to nominate this game or any people in it (moderator or players) for a scummy, please do!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”