Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 3571, Flavor Leaf wrote:Day 2 you and Shoshin both made comments about me that implied I might not be scum.
You're delusional if you think for a second I thought you were town.

To be clear, I'm not saying you're bad scum but you really need to stop overstating what this win means about your ability to beat either RC or myself. After all, we replaced out & the objective facts show that you weren't beating us while we were actually in the game. You'd have a lot more credibility in my eyes if you called things as they are instead of bragging about things that aren't true.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Disagree. Objective facts showed we were beating you.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I didn’t play well here in this game. My Morality account my scum games are always kinda just decent.

I also haven’t bragged at all at this end game. I’m literally just stating facts in defense of people downplaying my ability further.

I have a proven track record of being able to get through this kind of thing time and time again.

I understand that it is believed that even though you thought I was scum you thought you could get me lynched, but there is no proof or objective fact that you would have been able to.

Time and time again I’ve heard this from people from the 5 years I’ve been on site, and time and time again, I just kinda move on from it, playing my own game.

Mafia isn’t about just finding scum; it’s about being able to convince the masses that you are correct in direct counter to said scum. I could absolutely care less if you know I’m scum when I’m scum. Like, honestly, that doesn’t matter to me. I just have to play accordingly. It’s been like 2 or 3 years since I’ve been lynched prior to Day 4 as either alignment.

And with all this said, I’ve heard it, and then time and time again, I move on from situations like this, and I get again prove my ability.

The only thing that I brag about is how long it’s been since I’ve been mislynched, and that’s just more of a fact.

People have said that I am one of the most helpful scummates someone could possibly have because I believe in completely working with your team, and the proof is in the pudding. Sure, I don’t get along with my teammates some of the time. This game was rather difficult to work with my teammates as we didn’t see eye to eye on a lot of things, even to the point of frustration with each other.

I’m also the type to never talk down a player’s ability to play the game. Ever. I might bring up a player making a bad play, but I have never once brought people down and am consistently bringing up what people are good at rather than what they are not. I am one of the most supportive people on this site, even towards players who don’t necessarily care for me, but I have a nice group of people who enjoy playing with me, and I love playing with them as well. I don’t believe in talking down people’s skill levels.

You are a fantastic town player, Shoshin, and I got to see that this game.

You guys are trying to push this notion that I think this win was the end all be all best scum game ever, when that’s just not the case. This was, if anything, my worst played scum game in years, and one of the teams I’ve had the least team cohesion with. I still love being scum with Eddie and had fun with Snow despite that.

We literally had an advantage with the 4 scum, and the positioning, and the general public of the game, so if you want to talk about delusion, quit acting like it was some end all be all, the game was only won because the mod kill and the replace out, because while that hurt town, it was by no means town’s game by the time that all happened. Am I positive that we would have won the game? No. I’m not. That’s delusional, but I know it was likely at the time according to the plays we were choosing to make and the general public.

I don’t even recall a single post made this end game that could be considered as bragging. I’m confident in my ability as a mafia player, I think I’ve earned the ability to do so.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

And to the players talking about how bad a mod they thought NK15 was needs to stop. Was there some rough calls, late answers to questions, and general crazy setup? Yes.

DDL literally quoted an entire player’s ISO into the thread. If I’d have done that, you all would have torn me apart and say I should have mod killed.

And while that’s not the decision I would have made, it was the decision made nevertheless. I personally think besides the 4 scum, this was a rather cool setup.

It sucks that he was modkilled, but it happened. Move on. It’s just not worth getting hung up on.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:49 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

You can look at any games with players that I’ve had issues with, and generally I’m even complimenting their abilities as a player.

Mastina doesn’t understand my way of playing and doesn’t necessarily like the way I play, but I’ve gotten results and as town can rally a crowd up and get them to come along with me the same way I do as scum. (Albeit as town, I do make some rather questionable plays every now and then, but I digress.)

I don’t agree with the way she plays all the time either, but I recognize her ability to play Mafia, and I bring that up.

The amount of people who try to downplay me compared to the support I feel I give out is pretty ridiculous to me. This happens to me in person as well. It feels like people are upset that I am successful, but I put so much stock and effort into the things I do because that’s just the kind of person I am, and frankly I just feel like people see that, and just instantly think that I think that I’m better than them, but that’s just not the case. I’m confident because I’ve busted my ass to get this way, and I’ll be damned if people are going to discredit me because of shattered egos.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

hey nk15 would you mind locking the thread.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Thank you for modding, Not Known 15.

I enjoy the style of games you create, and would join another, but hopefully not a 4 person mafia team in 13 players. :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Well said, Boon.

And while I don't think that NK15 is necessarily a bad mod, the setup definitely didn't turn out well and we could do to learn from it. The review topic's been opened-- I can link it if anyone's interested-- and I was pretty surprised to see both of the reviewers failing to consider balance in a quantitative way at all.

The purpose of this isn't to point fingers; it's to figure out how the review process failed so we can improve it in the future. I will definitely agree with Boon that the concept of the setup was cool, but I don't think it really belonged in the normal queue. NK15, I'd recommend that you run theme games rather than normals-- given the kind of craziness you seem to enjoy I think they'll be better received :]
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by mbaki »

I like Flavour Leaf. I like RC. I don't like this post game.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:49 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Thanks for the game NK15. Sorry I blew it!
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:16 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 3580, RadiantCowbells wrote:hey nk15 would you mind locking the thread.
Not now, because the discussion seems to be on a good track now that you requested it. But yes, some of the postgame conversations were
not really good
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Vorkuta »

Is there a chance we'll see the scum chat this game?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Done.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:42 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Awesome neighborhood read. :lol: Ankamius is hilarious.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:12 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

What a read that scum PT was. Boon's posts right after I replaced in made me blush :oops:

It's too bad Boats was there to stop Boon from telling Yellow to claim to have blocked me... if he had I'd have instantly called out both of them :P

Oh and by the way, my lategame traitor claim was based on the theory that (1) we were probably boned no matter what and (2) it was possible that Boon was a second traitor who used his claim as a crumb, so there was really nothing to lose by trying it :lol:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:29 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Wow, I’m actually some kind of insane, aren’t I...?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

FL scum chats are always good reads. Only time you get the full breadth of his thought process.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:38 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I like neighborhoods partly because I get to shitpost in them when the game isn't interesting
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:12 am

Post by Performer »

wow what a read. on pg 1 so far. Will need to find time later today to read the rest....of the massive scum pt
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:16 am

Post by mastina »

Btw relevant to this game.
MONTHS before I was a reviewer on this setup.
I designed this setup. (It was in the queue for longer because nobody took it. >_> <_<)

If you look at what the town had there, you have
my
idea of what town needs against four groupscum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:48 pm

Post by implosion »

If you want to nominate this game or any people in it (moderator or players) for a scummy, please do!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”