u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:12 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 97, bob3141 wrote:
In post 75, u r a person 2 wrote: comes from town I think.

Like it actually looks scummy af but I think it actually reads townie from some new players.
Very much looks like an attempt to pretend to defend soemone but at the same time keep using the" but ....."

As well as trying to emphasize possible scummy actions but raising this in a pretend defense. So If i got lynched and untimatly revealed as town you could simply say you dint think i was scum and could hold no blame

____
well I'm going to actively discourage your lynch, so if you are lynched and flip town, I will hold no blame.
103-11 0-2
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:52 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Like it actually looks scummy af but I think it actually reads townie from some new players.
Elaborate?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:53 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 79, Inferno390 wrote:VOTE: UR 2
UR2 ISO

40 almost feels more naked than Ausuka. Like it’s trying to look clothed when it is.
42 is pulling associations that aren’t even there. Me saying that I think Egix’s vote is NAI, especially when it’s clearly an RVS post, may be AI for me, but it certainly does not tie me to Egix on my own.
74: How is my post redirecting anybody, and saying that Egix and I’s conversation “went nowhere” is baloney.
75 is an attempt to vaguely defend Bob for no apparent reason.I don’t like that.
76 is your basic mudslinging.
78: First is my posting style and NAI, second is not simply “shade,”. It’s laying out my thoughts and sorting people, and I am not dismissing the reads on Egix, third, where else were you expecting that conversation to go on my end and where did I ever say I was now town reading skitter. I can scumread more than two people at a time.

In other words, this is caught scum. Help me with pressure guys.
Didn’t get a naked vibe from that vote. I had the same reaction.

I wouldn’t really call the post Urap highlighted as an attempt to sort people. However, I don’t think it was an attempt to throw shade either since you did quickly follow-up on Skitter after Egix inquired about your thoughts on her play up until that point.
In post 89, Inferno390 wrote:Another thought is that everyone really needs to watch how interactions with Uzi go down. Since Uzi is IC (Innocent Child), it means that where his vote goes and what he says can have a huge impact on the game and the wagons. So anyone trying to manipulate that needs to be looked at hard.
My thoughts exactly. The timing of it feels weird as well. I hate the term LAMIST but that’s how it comes across. As opposed to a sudden eureka moment.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:54 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 100, u r a person 2 wrote:

Very much looks like an attempt to pretend to defend soemone but at the same time keep using the" but ....."

As well as trying to emphasize possible scummy actions but raising this in a pretend defense. So If i got lynched and untimatly revealed as town you could simply say you dint think i was scum and could hold no blame

____
well I'm going to actively discourage your lynch, so if you are lynched and flip town, I will hold no blame.
This doesn’t read like unfazed scum to me.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:20 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 39, skitter30 wrote: i don't particularly like this post, the first line kinda feels like you felt the need to randomly share that you're town which feels a little ????? and meh
In post 40, u r a person 2 wrote: yikes

VOTE: egix
In post 44, ChannelDelibird wrote: If you were town, I would find it pretty hard to believe that you were genuinely astonished to be so (you know what the odds are every time you join a game!), especially given that apparently you've been scum in other game formats anyway. Maybe there'd be a "huh, OK then!" to yourself upon reading your role PM but caring so much that you brought it into the thread in such an overblown "wow, can you believe it!?" sort of way? No, it doesn't feel right.
I made my opening line OTT on purpose because I knew that people would react to it, and I hoped to gauge people's alignments early on based on said reactions. So:

- skitter's reaction reads slightly towny to me, my gut tells me it's more like awkward town than waffly scum

- urap2's is null I'm afraid

- But CDB feels like he's being too aggressive here. Not sure if the overexplaininess (my laptop redlines that, is that even a word?) is normal for him but to me it feels like scum taking the bait. Like, if he's scum, he's probably thinking "oh, awkward town, better push on him".
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:36 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 74, u r a person 2 wrote:@skitter The first post I think is independently scummy. The second feels like redirect of of Egix. And the interaction between them goes no where. whole thing just feels wrong.
Spoiler:
In post 35, Inferno390 wrote:What the heck
I have to do analysis already?
Alright, give me a moment to read slowly
Also, I highly recommend shortening my name to 390.
And I claim Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Lazer Beams Out of It’s Ass.
In post 36, Inferno390 wrote:VOTE: Exilon
I’m off-put by the tone here. Seems weird.
Skitter feels pushy
Sash feels reachy
Egix is NAI I think
In post 37, Egix96 wrote:
In post 36, Inferno390 wrote:Skitter feels pushy
Is that meant to be in a good way or a bad way?
In post 38, Inferno390 wrote:Pushy in a bad way. It feels unnatural, like she’s forcing her reads or something.
Two things:

- Inferno saying he thought my opening was NAI doesn't do much to redirect people off me. It's not as if he said it was towny or anything.

- I asked Inferno what he meant by pushy, he answered, and I saw no issue with his response. So yes, you could say it went nowhere but it has nothing to do with our alignments.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:54 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 87, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 86, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 85, RuiRui wrote:Inferno you're moving a little too fast with your reads imo
ya think? recent posts are not from a town perspective
That is not what Rui said at all. Great shade though. Much wow.
No no, he's not saying what he thought Rui said. He's saying something different entirely. My understanding of it:

Rui: "Inferno, I think you're forming reads too quickly for this early in the game"
urap: "Never mind that, he's not posting like town anyway"
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:28 am

Post by Egix96 »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Delibird
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:22 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 106, Egix96 wrote:
In post 87, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 86, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 85, RuiRui wrote:Inferno you're moving a little too fast with your reads imo
ya think? recent posts are not from a town perspective
That is not what Rui said at all. Great shade though. Much wow.
No no, he's not saying what he thought Rui said. He's saying something different entirely. My understanding of it:

Rui: "Inferno, I think you're forming reads too quickly for this early in the game"
urap: "Never mind that, he's not posting like town anyway"
Okay.
But he’s still warping what Rui said to throw shade at me. Which I am not liking.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:23 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 103, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 100, u r a person 2 wrote:

____
This doesn’t read like unfazed scum to me.
I agree that it doesn’t read unfazed scum. It does, imo, read like white knighting.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:15 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 94, Garmr wrote:critic here, if that was your goal I would of phrased it differently Like in my post above it seems like preemptive defence and cuts a conversation line. If you are town you pretty much soured the bait if people thought that was the bit that was scummy. Unless your going for some sort of slayers gambit.
i don't really 'bait' people to do things

==

i think bob is kinda townie
atm townreads: bob, inferno, maybe garmr, maybe cdb

==
In post 101, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:

Elaborate?
there's a nuance of thought-process there that i would be slightly surprised to see coming from new-scum

==
In post 102, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:My thoughts exactly. The timing of it feels weird as well. I hate the term LAMIST but that’s how it comes across. As opposed to a sudden eureka moment.
what's 'it' referring to in this post?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Exilon »

In post 92, skitter30 wrote:hey exilon, do you have a read on me?
You're reading town to me
Feels like I've been here before.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

i'm getting some buddying-y vibes from you
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Exilon »

This sudden voting on CDB feels weird to me. Starting with this;

In post 94, Garmr wrote:
In post 28, ChannelDelibird wrote:
VOTE: skitter

Why wouldn't you vote for Ausuka here instead of keeping your vote on a random person who hadn't yet posted?

I literally held off shifting from my rvs to skitter as well. By that same accord would I be scummy as well if not why am I different if so why didn't you mention me?
Something doesn't make sense here. You seem to be referring to post

Spoiler: Post20
In post 20, Garmr wrote:
In post 18, skitter30 wrote:
In post 15, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: ruirui
This is the kind of rvs post i can see scum making ^^^^

(i'm not explicitly calling her scum for this rn, but noting that it comes from scum more than town imo)
Personally I wouldn't of put this point down. You could of left it to see if someone did have that reaction and have them sort out their alignment.

The fact you put that there feels like your cutting off a potential conversation line and seems a bit like a preemptive defence. I'm still deciding if that's scummy or null so :igmeou:

but that seems different. you were still deciding if skitter was scummy or not for it. So that's the answer to the question. so what's your question to CDB about, exactly?

Then in post 96,, you say that in the interaction between skitter and CDB, it came across to you that CDB was scummy.

So that's the first vote;

Then in post 95 bob says CDB is suspicious, then 97 says urap2 feels scummy as well.
But then votes CDB in the very next post, right after Garmr does. This happened 3 minutes later to his other post, and 4 other minutes after Garmr's vote.
It's almost as if Garmr's vote caused bob to vote too.

The third vote comes later from Egix, who in

Spoiler: Post 104
In post 104, Egix96 wrote:
In post 39, skitter30 wrote: i don't particularly like this post, the first line kinda feels like you felt the need to randomly share that you're town which feels a little ????? and meh
In post 40, u r a person 2 wrote: yikes

VOTE: egix
In post 44, ChannelDelibird wrote: If you were town, I would find it pretty hard to believe that you were genuinely astonished to be so (you know what the odds are every time you join a game!), especially given that apparently you've been scum in other game formats anyway. Maybe there'd be a "huh, OK then!" to yourself upon reading your role PM but caring so much that you brought it into the thread in such an overblown "wow, can you believe it!?" sort of way? No, it doesn't feel right.
I made my opening line OTT on purpose because I knew that people would react to it, and I hoped to gauge people's alignments early on based on said reactions. So:

- skitter's reaction reads slightly towny to me, my gut tells me it's more like awkward town than waffly scum

- But CDB feels like he's being too aggressive here. Not sure if the overexplaininess (my laptop redlines that, is that even a word?) is normal for him but to me it feels like scum taking the bait. Like, if he's scum, he's probably thinking "oh, awkward town, better push on him".

goes back to his initial post, and scumreads CDB based on his reaction to that post, for being overaggressive. Then supposedly ctaches up to the rest of the game, posts about a different subject, and then votes him 3 posts later, without more reason.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:22 am

Post by Exilon »

Regarding 390, some things also don't add up.

Post 73he says Exi and urap2 are scum team.
Post 79 is an ISO analysis.

In response, Post 81 Urap2 asks him that if he thought skitter was still scummy, why wasn't she included in post 73.

He seems to misunderstand the question and answers in Post 83with "because she's scumreads independent of Ur2 and Exi", which only makes sense if you're assuming there's more than one anti-town team, which .... okay, but it seems like a slip up, because, wouldn't wording it as "Exi and urap2 are scum together" be faster, more organic, and natural?

Meanwhile, in Post 82and 84, 390 answers my post 80, where I ask "Why is skitter pushy? She's the one being pushed"; and what amounts to "what's your case on me".

390 answers that, initially, I was the scummiest, so the vote went to me. Then after urap2 called out that post (see post 74), that was seen as chainsaw and therefore we were a team. And that's all there is in regards to a case on me.

But this also doesn't add up, that can't be the only reason; after all, urap2 called out a post in where 390 also scumread *other* people. So that can't be the only thing that links us together; and yet, 390 never presents anything else. This leads to a contradiction:

If urap2's attack is a chainsaw defense and links him as scum to others accused, then I can't be the only one linked.
But if that were true, then Skitter couldn't have been independently scumread.

Then, in post 88,
390 not only backpedals on Skitter by saying she's not as pushy as he thought; he latches on to Ausuka and seems to mirror my own thoughts. (skitter = good; ausuka = bad) Not only is this mirrored, it's not exactly current topic; so it's probably a safe latch.

Post 89 is about Uzi and it seems out of place. Would anyone here not know that from the getgo and keep it in mind? Why bring attention to it? I feel this is a scumtell. It feels like a guilty attempt at strawing closer to town, after that string of posts. I agree with Uzi, it feels very LAMIST (I just learned a new abbreviation).

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Inferno390
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:41 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 107, Egix96 wrote:UNVOTE:

whats your reason for voting for him. As it appears to be alittle bit of naked vote. True you made a post about you think he was agressive but at teh same time you were hedging your bets if that meant he was town or scum

I just get the vibe your trying to quietly jump on what you hope will turn into bandwagon.

UNVOTE:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:45 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 112, skitter30 wrote:i'm getting some buddying-y vibes from you
@exilon

==

also i dont' think that scum!inferno really thinks to randomly make that post about uzi there really
Show
Hiatus once more.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:19 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 113, Exilon wrote:This sudden voting on CDB feels weird to me. Starting with this;

In post 94, Garmr wrote:
In post 28, ChannelDelibird wrote:
VOTE: skitter

Why wouldn't you vote for Ausuka here instead of keeping your vote on a random person who hadn't yet posted?

I literally held off shifting from my rvs to skitter as well. By that same accord would I be scummy as well if not why am I different if so why didn't you mention me?
Something doesn't make sense here. You seem to be referring to post

Spoiler: Post20
In post 20, Garmr wrote:
In post 18, skitter30 wrote:
In post 15, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: ruirui
This is the kind of rvs post i can see scum making ^^^^

(i'm not explicitly calling her scum for this rn, but noting that it comes from scum more than town imo)
Personally I wouldn't of put this point down. You could of left it to see if someone did have that reaction and have them sort out their alignment.

The fact you put that there feels like your cutting off a potential conversation line and seems a bit like a preemptive defence. I'm still deciding if that's scummy or null so :igmeou:

but that seems different. you were still deciding if skitter was scummy or not for it. So that's the answer to the question. so what's your question to CDB about, exactly?

Then in post 96,, you say that in the interaction between skitter and CDB, it came across to you that CDB was scummy.

So that's the first vote;

Then in post 95 bob says CDB is suspicious, then 97 says urap2 feels scummy as well.
But then votes CDB in the very next post, right after Garmr does. This happened 3 minutes later to his other post, and 4 other minutes after Garmr's vote.
It's almost as if Garmr's vote caused bob to vote too.

It was in the same vein the problem for him was shifting of the votes right. By the same logic I should of pressured skitter by jumping on instead of holding back and trying to keep my view point from tainting her reactions to much. It's more the premise that you have to jump off your rvs straight away if you find a vote scummy.

Also it seems like me and bob are in sync. He is town in my eyes.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:42 am

Post by Ausuka »

UNVOTE:

ok I thought about it and I think I understand what skitter is saying now.

@Exilon: I still don't understand what about my push you don't think comes from town here.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 90, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 79, Inferno390 wrote:In other words, this is caught scum. Help me with pressure guys.
I don't have much time tonight, Skitter looks town and this analysis was great. I'll follow...
UNVOTE: Skitter
VOTE: Urap2
Can you explain this further please? Like, what about Inferno's analysis is great? I'm not seeing your pov here.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:06 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 20, Garmr wrote:
The fact you put that there feels like your cutting off a potential conversation line and seems a bit like a preemptive defence.
I'm still deciding if that's scummy or null so :igmeou:
Garmr, I thought the thing that you were deciding if it was scummy or not was the bolded behaviour, rather than the 'naked vote and nothing else business'. If you had been clearer that you thought the naked vote was likelier to come from scum than town (which it doesn't seem like you particularly did, given that you hadn't yet decided if it was scummy or null), then I might have criticised you for not trying to push it harder too.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:18 am

In post 104, Egix96 wrote:I made my opening line OTT on purpose because I knew that people would react to it, and I hoped to gauge people's alignments early on based on said reactions. So:

So, to recap, your thought process here:

>You make a post that purposefully exaggerates how you feel
>I express doubt that what you typed is actually how you feel
>This is a problem for you

At best, it seems like, because you made a post to try to get reactions, you've decided that one of the reactions you got must be from scum. Like, you say I'm being too aggressive, but you have explicitly confirmed my stated reason for voting for you, which was that what you said didn't accurately reflect how you were feeling. If anything, this should make you think I'm town, because you found me trying to analyse your truthfulness.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:19 am

Bob, would you mind getting an avatar of some sort? A splash of colour would help me read your posts.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:28 am

In post 115, bob3141 wrote:
In post 107, Egix96 wrote:UNVOTE:

whats your reason for voting for him. As it appears to be alittle bit of naked vote. True you made a post about you think he was agressive but at teh same time you were hedging your bets if that meant he was town or scum

I just get the vibe your trying to quietly jump on what you hope will turn into bandwagon.

UNVOTE:
Bob, did you consider voting for Egix in this post? Your reasoning here doesn't seem any weaker than the reasoning for your previous vote on me.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:29 am

In post 116, skitter30 wrote:also i dont' think that scum!inferno really thinks to randomly make that post about uzi there really
This is a compelling reason for Infernotown.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”