Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

yw everyone :)

sorry that vcs/flips were sometimes delayed around work/weekend v/la :/
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Rainn
Rainn
Goon
Rainn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 5:34 pm

Post by Rainn »

In post 1423, Skygazer wrote:regarding the masonizer role: couldn't that just be achieved with a loyal combined friendly-neighbor neighborizer? guess it just doesnt have the same ring to it
I'm not sure you can have two roles in a single person's role in normal games?

loyal, odd night, 1-shot and etc is considered a modifier, but something like Cop Vigilante that mixes two roles doesn't seem viable for normals I think?

Also Mastina, the setup was fairly balanced. I would even say that scum should have a rolecop or watcher instead of follower tbh.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2019 9:06 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1405, Alchemist21 wrote:According to Mastina my role wasn’t a hint of anything, it was a red herring and a say to keep me from being clear since we had a vig + Loyal Neighborizer.
Actually what I said was, "I made this setup long ago enough that I don't remember, but I THINK that it was..."; I thought that it was both a red herring and to keep you from being an outright fourth clear (loyal neighborizer + their target + the vig = 3 clears), but it's fully possible it was in fact hinting at the multitasking follower.

Suffice to say, I made this setup literally months ago; it was made in December, so we're talking five months ago. (Here's the review PT for when it's released.)
In post 1423, Skygazer wrote:regarding the masonizer role: couldn't that just be achieved with a loyal combined friendly-neighbor neighborizer? guess it just doesnt have the same ring to it

...No, it was totally because I intentionally designed it otherwise. Completely because of...design-related...reasons...and such...and in no way shape or form could be because I simply didn't think of that role combo. :shifty:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2019 9:12 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1426, Rainn wrote:
I'm not sure you can have two roles in a single person's role in normal games?
You can.
Combo roles are legal; modifiers to said roles are legal.
All you'd need is 1-shot, loyal, in front of Friendly Neighbor Neighborizer, to get a masonizer.
In post 1426, Rainn wrote:Also Mastina, the setup was fairly balanced. I would even say that scum should have a rolecop or watcher instead of follower tbh.
Watcher was a valid alternative, but seemed to give scum less flexibility to realclaim their role. Rolecop also is a role unable to be realclaimed, albeit one which would've been significantly stronger. I felt a rolecop with these roles especially a multitasking one would've been scumsided.

Maybe if the loyal neighborizer was legit a masonizer (well, loyal friendly neighbor neighborizer), then giving the scum the rolecop would've been appropriate as they'd NEED that extra strength, but rolecop > follower in terms of role strength, because a follower needs to target the role WHILE the role is acting (and since each role would pragmatically only get one shot off, is one chance in the game to get them, AND since two of those roles are 'once having acted, damage is done', catching them is basically just mitigation, damage control); a rolecop can catch them before, during, or after the role has acted.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2019 11:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

scum and neighborhood pts are now public
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:48 pm

Post by implosion »

If you want to nominate this game or any people in it (moderator or players) for a scummy, please do!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”