AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:30 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 555, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 534, AaronFrost wrote:Couple questions for Spam.

1) Did you notice Tchill's crumb D1? If so, what did you think about it initially?

2) What's been your general approach to this game? Looking through your ISO, I'm struggling to find much town motivation from your play so far.

3) This one's more of a question for everyone I guess but is it standard for doc role PMs to say that you can't target yourself? I know there are some variations where the doc can target himself, but isn't it assumed that you can't in most cases?
1. No

2. I just haven't had much motivation at all. That's often true up to lylo for me.
I'm still failing to see how that comes from a townie perspective. Scum already know who's who and have less motivation because of that.
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Saladman27 »

VC 3.4
ClearlyClarity wrote:Newbies, here’s some advice on how to play mafia from your local Semi-Exhausted. If your private message from teacher says you are a “mafia”, please kindly state so as such by typing “I am a mafia” in the white box at the bottom of the page. Then please place your name between bracketed v’s (V stands for Very cool) so that you can affirm to the entire game your awesomeness.

And then you will die.
Not Voting (3) -
AaronFrost, Hectic, skitter30
NMSA (1) -
Tchill13
Tchill13 (1) -
NotMySpamAccount

With
alive, it takes
to hammer.
Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2019-09-29 08:00:00)

Game Notes

- skitter30 is V/LA on Friday's and Saturdays
- NotMySpamAccount is partially V/LA until Monday
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:33 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 572, Hectic wrote:@skitter:

Haven't actually bothered ISOing Aaron/rereading the game yet.

Also his lack of a stance on Tchill/Spam after their claims until I really had to fucking push him to give some opinions on it.
Though the opinions he finally did give were good.
Except they were opinions I had already stated or was in the process of forming so I don't understand why you needed to push me there.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:34 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 569, Hectic wrote: Why is Aaron fucking Frost obvtown?
After this game I'm gonna ask the mods if I can change my username to Aaron Fucking Frost.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:34 am

Post by AaronFrost »

If Skitter is somehow scum here I'm going to eat my shorts.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Aaron which of the two do u think it is?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

Between you/Hectic or between Tchill/Spam?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Well i meant tchill/spam but you might as well answer both
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

Thought I explained this already but yeah Spam is my stronger scumread.

Between you and Hectic, definitely Hectic. I don't like how he's trying to push me as aggressively as he is when our objective here is to decide between Spam and Tchill.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 564, Tchill13 wrote:The only person that hadn't claimed b4 NotMySpamAccount was skitter I believe. So "points me" or however he said it.

I like the claim from NotMySpamAccount. The indecisive adds a spice to it that makes it more believable. I just think you were unlucky because there's an actual protective.

You also are on the original azure wagon. You had seen that me and hectic had claimed vt by the time you claimed protective. This would have given you higher cred than me or hectic and you could have focused on one of our lynches. I'll have to go back and check which way it seems like you were about to push.
In post 566, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 465, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Well this isn't a fun lylo. At least and probably only 1 scum in {Hectic, Tchill}, and Aaron as the other probably. I'm Town Indecisive Doctor. I can't protect the same person 2 nights in a row. I'd rather not claim who I've protected for obvious reasons.
In post 467, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Yeah by poe, aaron is almost certainly scum.
Lol look at this.
Leaving this here.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:31 am

Post by Hectic »

Well, shit, this doesn't bode well.

If you're town, Aaron, I'm not aggressively pushing you, I'm trying to get some fucking thoughts out of you so that I can sort you/skitter tomorrow assuming we lynch correctly today.

But fuck me, you're both scumreading me.
The fact skitter claimed VT last when she probably could've got away with some kind of PR claim does give her some points.
But I don't really know what exactly she'd claim here that would be fair.

@Spam: Remind me of your Aaron scumread me?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

Hectic that's the kind of post i dont much like ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:01 am

Post by Hectic »

Thanks for that.

@mod: V/LA 17th to 21st.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

so this is fun
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

hectic i know this is going to be a while since you've gone vla but when you get back, i need you to show me why you're town

if we get it right today given the current gamestate i'm probably going to be holding hammer tomorrow so if you're town you need to explain to me why i should be voting aaron over you
Show
Hiatus once more.

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by Hectic »

I really don't fucking like you setting this narrative of Aaron vs me tomorrow with you as the deciding vote.

I'm actually really unsure on you and Aaron right now. Aaron has improved the last couple of irl days.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:09 am

Post by AaronFrost »

I actually agree with Hectic on this one. That statement seems to imply that you're conf!town which is far from the case. Just because we're both townreading you doesn't make you conf!town.

This might just be paranoia speaking but now I'm feeling like it could be skitter. Hectic is still my stronger scumread, but I haven't ruled out scum!skitter either. It's not gonna matter if we mislynch today though.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 590, Hectic wrote:I really don't fucking like you setting this narrative of Aaron vs me tomorrow with you as the deciding vote.

I'm actually really unsure on you and Aaron right now. Aaron has improved the last couple of irl days.
Hectic if it wasnt lylo with another 1v1 we need to sort i'd prob be voting you rn

How has aaron improved?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:39 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 591, AaronFrost wrote:I actually agree with Hectic on this one. That statement seems to imply that you're conf!town which is far from the case. Just because we're both townreading you doesn't make you conf!town.

This might just be paranoia speaking but now I'm feeling like it could be skitter. Hectic is still my stronger scumread, but I haven't ruled out scum!skitter either. It's not gonna matter if we mislynch today though.
Nope, not conftown by any means, just reading the gamestate and recognizing a pattern i've seen many times before

I hope spam comes back soon, 1v1s are kinda boring while we wait for one of the primary members to get off vla
Show
Hiatus once more.

AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:33 am

Post by AaronFrost »

Spam where you at dude.

If you're town, then convince me that you are.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:57 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 562, Tchill13 wrote:It specifically says I'm not allowed to self heal, just double checked. I don't see how ppl don't specify that anyway due to new players coming the the site.
ok, we'll just have to let this rest. According to Hectic, Salad hasn't modded before, so while the vast majority of role pms don't specify (which is good evidenc that you're lying), we can't be sure. Let's do this based on content.
In post 565, skitter30 wrote:
In post 559, Hectic wrote:@skitter: Why am I scum over Aaron? Like give specifics.
You pushed both the mislynches +
aaron is just obvtown
Uhh no????
In post 566, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 465, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Well this isn't a fun lylo. At least and probably only 1 scum in {Hectic, Tchill}, and Aaron as the other probably. I'm Town Indecisive Doctor. I can't protect the same person 2 nights in a row. I'd rather not claim who I've protected for obvious reasons.
In post 467, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Yeah by poe, aaron is almost certainly scum.
Lol look at this.
I'm looking, but what I see missing is the explanation I made later for that post. Solid misrep.
In post 568, Hectic wrote:So I'm not really familiar with this fucking "mafiascum wiki", but I went and had a good look at the Normal Game page.
And it does say shit like:

"If you are moderating on mafiascum.net in the Newbie, Open, or Normal queues, your game must follow the appropriate guidelines below."
and
"All flavor should be public; flavor is not allowed in Role PMs. Role names should be standard, or non-flavored if original."
-though this more about flavour.

A standard doctor PM according to the Doctor page looks like this:

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a
Town Doctor.

Abilities:
  • Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled.
Win condition:
  • You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Like how fucking likely is it that Saladman would include the "can't self-target" thing in the role PM.
Fuck, I hate playing mod WIFOM but I feel like this shouldn't be ignored.
This precisely. Salad is a first time mod too. This is the last thing I'll say on the subject, since I assume you (as scum backed into a corner) have no objections to dropping it.
skitter30 wrote:
In post 569, Hectic wrote:
In post 565, skitter30 wrote:
In post 559, Hectic wrote:@skitter: Why am I scum over Aaron? Like give specifics.
You pushed both the mislynches + aaron is just obvtown
Why is Aaron fucking Frost obvtown?
It's just been, well, obvious for most of the game

He's arguing in good faith, he's reconsidering things when he ought to, his thoughts are internally consistent, he's been making astute observations

What do u think is scummy exactly ?
I mean it hasn't been obvious. I'd have to go back over his iso for specifics, which I'll do after this wallpost, but he's rubbed me the wrong way for most of the game.
Tchill13 wrote:
In post 568, Hectic wrote:So I'm not really familiar with this fucking "mafiascum wiki", but I went and had a good look at the Normal Game page.
And it does say shit like:

"If you are moderating on mafiascum.net in the Newbie, Open, or Normal queues, your game must follow the appropriate guidelines below."
and
"All flavor should be public; flavor is not allowed in Role PMs. Role names should be standard, or non-flavored if original."
-though this more about flavour.

A standard doctor PM according to the Doctor page looks like this:

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a
Town Doctor.

Abilities:
  • Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled.
Win condition:
  • You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Like how fucking likely is it that Saladman would include the "can't self-target" thing in the role PM.
Fuck, I hate playing mod WIFOM but I feel like this shouldn't be ignored.
Yeah it'd be pretty stupid of me to check the same wiki you have as scum and then double down on the fact that in my PM it specifically stated I can't self target.
I mean once you committed to one, you couldn't really let up, could you?
Hectic wrote:@skitter:

Also his lack of a stance on Tchill/Spam after their claims until I really had to fucking push him to give some opinions on it.
I think I'll just keep mindmelding with this dude for the rest of the game, I'm enjoying it.
skitter30 wrote:
In post 572, Hectic wrote:@skitter:

Idk
I can understand wanting to take some time to sort out the pr mess

From my pov there's one scum in tchill/spam and one in you/aaron and
between the two of you aaron is about 45 times townier
That's debatable. from mine, hectic and surprisingly aaron are having a pretty good day 3, while you aren't. didn't expect that.
AaronFrost wrote:
In post 555, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 534, AaronFrost wrote:Couple questions for Spam.

1) Did you notice Tchill's crumb D1? If so, what did you think about it initially?

2) What's been your general approach to this game? Looking through your ISO, I'm struggling to find much town motivation from your play so far.

3) This one's more of a question for everyone I guess but is it standard for doc role PMs to say that you can't target yourself? I know there are some variations where the doc can target himself, but isn't it assumed that you can't in most cases?
1. No

2. I just haven't had much motivation at all. That's often true up to lylo for me.
I'm still failing to see how that comes from a townie perspective. Scum already know who's who and have less motivation because of that.
Believe me, town can very easily be unmotivated. check my meta and you'll see that I'm frequently unmotivated up to lylo or lylo-1.
AaronFrost wrote:
In post 569, Hectic wrote: Why is Aaron fucking Frost obvtown?
After this game I'm gonna ask the mods if I can change my username to Aaron Fucking Frost.
I wish username changes were possible, that would be funny. at the very least, I'll gladly propose it as a title for you postgame.
Hectic wrote:Well, shit, this doesn't bode well.

If you're town, Aaron, I'm not aggressively pushing you, I'm trying to get some fucking thoughts out of you so that I can sort you/skitter tomorrow assuming we lynch correctly today.

But fuck me, you're both scumreading me.
The fact skitter claimed VT last when she probably could've got away with some kind of PR claim does give her some points.
But I don't really know what exactly she'd claim here that would be fair.

@Spam: Remind me of your Aaron scumread me?
to be taken care of post-wall post
skitter30 wrote:hectic i know this is going to be a while since you've gone vla but when you get back, i need you to show me why you're town

if we get it right today given the current gamestate i'm probably going to be holding hammer tomorrow so if you're town you need to explain to me why i should be voting aaron over you
ok that's a bad one right there
Hectic wrote:I really don't fucking like you setting this narrative of Aaron vs me tomorrow with you as the deciding vote.

*mindmeld continues*
AaronFrost wrote:I actually agree with Hectic on this one. That statement seems to imply that you're conf!town which is far from the case. Just because we're both townreading you doesn't make you conf!town.

hmm, not sure what to think of this post.
AaronFrost wrote:Spam where you at dude.

If you're town, then convince me that you are.
Ask me whatever once I finish isoing you. I'm glad to answer. The same goes for everyone else.
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:01 am

I'm about 10 posts into Aaron's iso rn, and honestly, it's sounding more like newish town than scum. I'm not sure what prompted my original sr there, but I'm starting to lean a bit more town. Also, with skitter claiming vt, that puts her solidly back in the scumpool.
Show

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:05 am

Yeah I'm not sure what prompted my sr other than maybe subconcious omgus. His iso is actually pretty good. skitter, you're in the hot seat now.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:06 am

In post 459, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 247, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
@mod, error in the vc, I'm the only one voting Azu but it says 2 votes.

It doesn't look like
I'll
get Azu today, so let's try going back to VOTE: reaper('s replacement)
I think this might be a scum slip that everyone somehow missed.
O yeah, for got about this post. it still sucks.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:07 am

Throw questionsa t me ladies and gents, I'm back from v/la and topped up on motivation.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”