Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:11 am

Post by team rocket queen »

@penguinpower you can release the mafia pt. it's embarassing, but w/e. not going to ask to have all my posts redacted. thankyou for modding.

gg town

rick, you're a hero, sorry i ruined your streak.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1445, Not_Mafia wrote:Since when can you put like 73 modifiers on roles in normals and since when was there stuff like simple?

Why aren't normals exactly like when I last played one like 3 years ago?

Roles which are explicitly Normal for any alignment include:
Bodyguard, Commuter, Sane Cop, Doctor, Follower, Gunsmith, Jack of All Trades, Jailkeeper, Motion Detector, Neapolitan, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Roleblocker, Rolecop, Rolestopper, Tracker, Universal Backup, Vanilla Cop, Voyeur, Watcher, Hider, Babysitter, Fruit Vendor, Psychologist, Detective, Visitor, Traffic Analyst, PT Cop, Alien, Encryptor, Mailman
Roles which are explicitly Normal for Town only include:
Vanilla Townie, Friendly Neighbor, Innocent Child, Mason, Miller, Vigilante, Vengeful, any roles listed as "for any alignment"
Roles which are explicitly Normal for Mafia only include:
Mafia Goon, Strongman, Traitor, any roles listed as "for any alignment"
Roles which are explicitly Normal for Serial Killer only include:
Serial Killer, Ninja, Strongman, any roles listed as "for any alignment"
Modifiers which are explicitly Normal for any alignment include:
Ascetic, Backup (with or without primary role present), Bulletproof, Enabler (with or without primary role present), Macho, Neighbor, Non-Consecutive Night, Weak, X-Shot, Ninja, Loyal, Disloyal, Loud, Multitasking, Informed, Activated, Indecisive, Compulsive, Simple, Complex, Combined, Announcing, any modifier restricting to a specific set of nights (e.g. Even/Odd Night, Night Specific, Novice)
Roles which are explicitly Non-Normal include:
Non-Sane Cop, Blank Vig, Non-Sane or Quack Doctor, Janitor, Survivor, Lyncher, Cultist, Jester, Mafia Mason, Bus Driver, Lightning Rod, Nexus, Redirector, Framer, Vanillaizer, Beloved Princess, Arsonist, Governor, Godfather
Modifiers which are explicitly Non-Normal include:
Delayed, Percentage
Normal Games must use only approved roles, and can use any combination (so long as there is at least one Vanilla Townie) in conjunction with approved modifiers.
Roles may be hybrid roles, consisting of multiple roles, for instance, a Vigilante Cop. Such a role with multiple active abilities can use any one of its roles each night, and may have modifiers that apply to just one of its roles or to the entire hybrid role.
Any roles with private information (mafia roles, informed roles, etc) should flip without that private information. A Rolecop investigation of the same role should be similar, without alignment and without private information.
Games which are otherwise Normal may still be more suited to a different Queue. For example, a game with a large number of Doctors may be better run as an Open Game (after review in the Open Discussion Thread) or as a "Hospital" Themed Game.

Its pretty much been that since forever. There's been a couple additions/revisions, but the big one was getting rid of graylist roles in '16-'17.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1450, team rocket queen wrote:
@penguinpower you can release the mafia pt. it's embarassing, but w/e. not going to ask to have all my posts redacted. thankyou for modding.

gg town

rick, you're a hero, sorry i ruined your streak.
I wouldn't be demoralized here, trq. This was actually a really solid PL despite the friction between slots and town did a great job of recognizing town. You played excellently once you had your sea legs, there just weren't a lot of viable mislynches in the game for you to go after.

I'd love to play with you again in the future, potentially as the same alignment!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1447, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:I think that's the first time I hit scum as vig.
Nice shot, btw. I think actually flipping FL was the turning point town needed, and once you got that the town win was inevitable. :mrgreen:
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Bingle »

Thanks Penguin, thanks TSE, and thanks all for a great game.

TSE, I hope you learned a bit about modding so that you don't make the same mistakes next time (not including a sample VT PM, for example) and I hope to see you active again when your ban is up. Despite the drama, this was a pretty great game.

Also, if anyone is interested, I have a fairly easy Large Theme in the queue that's shy just a couple of players:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=82396

You'd get to play with cool peeps like gobbles and it should go faster than most larges.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1449, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 1445, Not_Mafia wrote:Since when can you put like 73 modifiers on roles in normals and since when was there stuff like simple?

I was lying about being Simple. :lol:
I was a commuter and if we were wrong on TRQ I was going to commute to bait the nightkill to get back on odds.
and you didn't want to go with my plan? :P that would have guaranteed a shot in "unclears" or a shot on you for 2 (into another ML)
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

So Bodyguard, Commuter, Sane Cop, Doctor, Follower, Gunsmith, Jack of All Trades, Jailkeeper, Motion Detector, Neapolitan, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Roleblocker, Rolecop, Rolestopper, Tracker, Universal Backup, Vanilla Cop, Voyeur, Watcher, Hider, Babysitter, Fruit Vendor, Psychologist, Detective, Visitor, Traffic Analyst, PT Cop, Alien, Encryptor, Mailman Strongman Mafia Traitor is now a normal role?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Bingle »

Technically? Yes. Good luck convincing a review team to pass that setup though.

The premade setups mostly fit what you'd expect of old Normals, though.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:38 am

Post by chkflip »

I made it easy for you guys.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:53 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1455, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1449, gobbledygook wrote:

I was lying about being Simple. :lol:
I was a commuter and if we were wrong on TRQ I was going to commute to bait the nightkill to get back on odds.
and you didn't want to go with my plan? :P that would have guaranteed a shot in "unclears" or a shot on you for 2 (into another ML)
I was pocket scumreading Garmr because I was unsure if he fakeclaimed.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:55 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Honestly I’m gonna nom PP for something once the dust settles. He’s a champ picking up all these games he didn’t need to.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:55 am

Post by chkflip »

Don't talk about ongoing games.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

too bad I didn't get to send in an action night 2. I dunno if the game would ve different if I had blocked the vig.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Rabid Schnauzer
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:44 pm

Post by Rabid Schnauzer »

Robb, if you're reading this, my wincon really was different:
TrueSoulEnergy wrote: Win condition:
* You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:44 am

Post by implosion »

If you want to nominate this game or any people in it (moderator or players) for a scummy, please do!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”