Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

/prodded (stupid finals), time to try to get this game moving.

I find Erg0's post 68 and Ether's post 73 to be scummy. Ether's 73 reads to me as a veiled attack on Erg0 (by claiming to find something scummy using weak language and backtracking immediately thereafter). Erg0's 78, however, is worse - it looks to me like Erg0's mainly summarizing other peoples' posts and discussing theory without actually showing much personal insight. That looks like IIoA to me (Tar Standard Tell), and at this point in the game it's enough to earn my vote.

Unvote, Vote: Erg0, FoS: Ether
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 12:01 am

Post by Erg0 »

I assume you mean my post 68, in which case you apparently forgot to read the last paragraph.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 12:20 am

Post by Patrick »

I got a relatively protown vibe from 68 actually. It seemed more opinions than theory to me.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:10 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Tarhalindur wrote:/prodded (stupid finals), time to try to get this game moving.

I find Erg0's post 68 and Ether's post 73 to be scummy. Ether's 73 reads to me as a veiled attack on Erg0 (by claiming to find something scummy using weak language and backtracking immediately thereafter). Erg0's 78, however, is worse - it looks to me like Erg0's mainly summarizing other peoples' posts and discussing theory without actually showing much personal insight. That looks like IIoA to me (Tar Standard Tell), and at this point in the game it's enough to earn my vote.
r[/b]
Why is discussing theory without showing person insight scummy?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:45 am

Post by Glork »

Early Protown Indicators: Erg0, Ether, Glork, Mizzy

Unvote, Vote: PokerFace
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 2:09 am

Post by Glork »

MafiaSSK wrote:Why is discussing theory without showing person insight scummy?
It implies that you're appearing to contribute without actually helping to hunt for scums.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 2:46 am

Post by Mizzy »

The random phase really didn't last that long, so there's no reason for me to still have a vote out there at the moment.
Unvote.

I'm mainly just sitting back with some popcorn and watching the whole Ether <--> Glork thing going on. Neither of one of them are acting out of character, I think, so as of yet, I have no opinions on who is scummy.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Incognito »

I find hasdgfas's explanation acceptable. I think he clearly demonstrated why he thought mine and Ether's votes and reasons for voting were different and therefore, I don't think there was an inconsistency in his FoS choice as I initially thought there was.
Glork, in post 79, wrote:Early Protown Indicators: Erg0, Ether, Glork, Mizzy
What is it about Mizzy's contribution so far that gives you an early pro-town indicator?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:27 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

3rd vote count
Erg0 - 3 (Incognito, MafiaSSK, Tarhalindur)
PokerFace - 2 (hasdgfas, Glork)
MafiaSSK - 1 (Erg0)
hasdgfas - 1 (scotmany12)
Ether - 1 (Patrick)
Glork - 1 (Ether)
Mizzy - 1 (PokerFace)

Not Voting - 2 (rolandgarros, Mizzy)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Current deadline: May 26th, 1:00 PM EST
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Glork »

idk... gut?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Incognito »

Glork wrote:idk... gut?
Interesting.

Unvote; Vote: Glork

Certain things just aren't adding up. Previously you mentioned the following:
Glork, in post 60, wrote:Point: Incognito.

Hascow? Response?
I took the above to mean that I had done something within thread that lead you to believe that I was likely pro-town. However in your recent "Early Protown Indicator" list, I remained unlisted (unlike your gut-feeling on Mizzy) which would indicate that your post 60 didn't mean what I thought it did. And since it didn't mean that, it really does look like you were "goading hasdgfas and me from the sidelines" like Erg0 mentioned in Post 68.

What exactly did "Point: Incognito" mean?
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

Okay I'm here, I just reread the topic and I think I have an okay understanding of what's gone on so far... Theres the random or not random vote thing with Glork and Ether, and something about Hascow suspecting Ether and a page or so on that issue. Is there something I missed in between? AP Exams are done for this week so I'd figure that I do some catching up.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Patrick »

rolandgarros wrote:Okay I'm here, I just reread the topic and I think I have an okay understanding of what's gone on so far... Theres the random or not random vote thing with Glork and Ether, and something about Hascow suspecting Ether and a page or so on that issue. Is there something I missed in between?
This is kind of a bizarre question when the thread is only 4 pages and you've just read it all. Importantly, do you have any opinions on the stuff that's happened so far?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Glork »

Making a point does not, by any means, make someone more or less likely to be protown. I can name dozens of players who can play extremely logical, thoughtful games as scum.

"Point: Incognito" means exactly what it sounds like it should mean. You made a valid point that took away from whatever argument has seemed to be making at the time. And I wanted Has to respond to your question.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Quick update on my thoughts: After looking back over the few posts Ether has made so far, I get a pro-town read of her. She's acting (so far) like I would expect an Ethertown to act. Granted, we're only on page 4. But I don't think that her stretching on Glork makes her scummy, yet.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 89, Mizzy (emphasis mine) wrote:She's acting
(so far)
like I would expect an Ethertown to act.
Granted, we're only on page 4.
But I don't think that her stretching on Glork makes her scummy,
yet.
That's a lot of qualifiers.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Glork »

I noticed that, too. Good feelings evaporating based on "I want to give myself every possible out to 'suspect' Ether later on."
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Glork wrote:I noticed that, too. Good feelings evaporating based on "I want to give myself every possible out to 'suspect' Ether later on."
My point was that it's page-fucking-4. I don't have much to go on for the moment, and later evidence changes things, as it is wont to do. I simply wanted to express the sentiment that Ether is the same gung-ho shit-stirrer that I met her as in PYP way back when. And she was town then. So initial read = town.

I don't
need
an out to suspect someone for scummy behavior later. I just suspect them. You know, based on scummy behavior.

rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

Patrick wrote:
rolandgarros wrote:Okay I'm here, I just reread the topic and I think I have an okay understanding of what's gone on so far... Theres the random or not random vote thing with Glork and Ether, and something about Hascow suspecting Ether and a page or so on that issue. Is there something I missed in between?
This is kind of a bizarre question when the thread is only 4 pages and you've just read it all. Importantly, do you have any opinions on the stuff that's happened so far?
Well I've read through the topic, but only with a rudimentary grasp of the current game so far. So far no one stands out as particularly scummy; Glork and Ether give off pro-town vibes and Hascow even though he reacted to the Ether situation I don't see much scumminess in looking for scum? But overall this viewpoint is just based on my rudimentary understanding so far.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Ether »

Glork, interesting time stamp: were you waiting for me to react first?

(Mizzy's response doesn't reassure me, for the record.)
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 12:06 am

Post by Mizzy »

Mod:
I'll be going away for the weekend today and I'll be back sometime late on Sunday. Thanks!

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 2:13 am

Post by Patrick »

Hmm. I don't feel like I've really got my teeth into this game yet, so I'm going to get down some thoughts on what's happened so far.

I get protown vibes from Erg0 and Ether. Post 61 that was called out by Ether doesn't bother me; even if he has an opinion on the matter or thought the questioning was pointless, at that point I'd expect him to wait for hasdgfas's response anyway. Post 68 seems kind of townish, and in line with most of my opinions. Ether I would guess is town based on general gut/meta.

I'm having less success finding a place to put a serious vote. Tarhalindur's post 75 strikes me as about a mile off, but having played with him before I'm not sure I could call that scummy (which sounds crazy yes). Still, Tarhalindur, I thought my post immediately following Erg0's said almost the exact same thing contentwise, how come that didn't even get a mention? I even remember you attacking me in Farscape Mafia for repeating what someone else said almost exactly in one post.

Mizzy's first and second qualifiers don't strike me as out of place, she's a cautious player. The third one does, a bit, but I still can't see it as significant, at least she posted
something
. Her PYP2 thing also seems consistent too.
Incognito wrote:I took the above to mean that I had done something within thread that lead you to believe that I was likely pro-town. However in your recent "Early Protown Indicator" list, I remained unlisted (unlike your gut-feeling on Mizzy) which would indicate that your post 60 didn't mean what I thought it did. And since it didn't mean that, it really does look like you were "goading hasdgfas and me from the sidelines" like Erg0 mentioned in Post 68.

What exactly did "Point: Incognito" mean?
On second inspection, this bothers me. Firstly because I don't see how, "Point: Incognito" could mean "I think Incognito looks protown". But I have to ask, even if that was what you thought it meant, wouldn't it still have been goading you and hasdgfas on from the sidelines? I don't really follow this thought process.

I'm reserving judgement on Glork until I see some more posts, and maybe make up my mind about Incognito. The only part that's struck me as off is the goading, but I looked at the start of open 54 again and saw a similar type of comment that he made. I find it unlikely that Glork and Ether are scum together, which is nice.

I'd like to see the promised content from Pokerface. MafiaSSK also needs to say something.
Unvote
, and hopefully find a good home for it soon.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 3:01 am

Post by Glork »

Ether wrote:Glork, interesting time stamp: were you waiting for me to react first?

(Mizzy's response doesn't reassure me, for the record.)
No. I checked the thread when I saw you were the most recent poster in Little Italy, read Mizzy's post first, then read yours and simply agreed with it.

:roll:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 3:23 am

Post by Incognito »

Patrick wrote:On second inspection, this bothers me. Firstly because I don't see how, "Point: Incognito" could mean "I think Incognito looks protown". But I have to ask, even if that was what you thought it meant, wouldn't it still have been goading you and hasdgfas on from the sidelines? I don't really follow this thought process.
Prior to Post 60, Glork had made a comment in Post 55 about Ether which mentioned that he was taking Ether's behavior so far to be a pro-town sign. I figured that along that same line of thinking Glork had found something that I mentioned (Post 59) to also be a pro-town indicator and was giving me a "point" for that comment. I thought he was trying to use things people were saying within thread to formulate his reads on people and not actually goad from the sidelines. But Glork mentioned recently that he meant "he made a good point" rather than the definition of "point" that I thought he was using.
Mizzy wrote:Quick update on my thoughts: After looking back over the few posts Ether has made so far, I get a pro-town read of her. She's acting (so far) like I would expect an Ethertown to act. Granted, we're only on page 4. But I don't think that her stretching on Glork makes her scummy, yet.
Mizzy, since you were watching the debate between both Ether and Glork did you also update your feelings with respect to Glork as well?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Mizzy »

Incognito wrote:Mizzy, since you were watching the debate between both Ether and Glork did you also update your feelings with respect to Glork as well?
Glork I haven't played with before more than one day so it's harder for me to judge, but I'd go pro-town for the moment, also.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”