Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Snix »

Well, probably the part where I dropped my vote.

Also the part where I asked him if he agreed with quick-lynch. I didn't say he liked no-lynch or even wanted it. It was a question, pure and simple. If I wanted quick-lynch wouldn't I still be pushing for his lynch?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

mokina, can I ask why you feel like it is so necessary to defend EL?

n00b or not, this isnt a newbie game where IC's are needed...so I am just wondering why you are defending him so much?
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Can I ask you why you are holding onto my vote, Darla?

Does it go beyond playstyle at all?
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I haven't gotten a chance to finish reading yet, but you only have one vote afaik, so what are you so worried about?
Show
you done goofed.

Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

YOUR OPINION MEANS THE WORLD TO ME! /cry

Actually, its simply because you are the only person actually voting for me with some slim chance of your vote making sense. So, as soon as you finish reading (and if your vote still stands), it'd be really awesome to hear your reasoning.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Mokina »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:mokina, can I ask why you feel like it is so necessary to defend EL?

n00b or not, this isnt a newbie game where IC's are needed...so I am just wondering why you are defending him so much?
Newbie game or not, I don't believe EL should be lynched because he doesn't know about random voting.

His initial opposition to it is all anyone has on him so far, and that's hardly a reason to lynch someone. From pure gut feeling, he seems like talkative new-town to me.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Lowell »

Scratch what I said. Both Eldritch and Snix are annoying the crap out of me.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Lowell wrote:Scratch what I said. Both Eldritch and Snix are annoying the crap out of me.
Translation: I'm thinking about an OMGUS.
-Napoleon I
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by Mokina »

Eldritch Lord wrote:
Lowell wrote:Scratch what I said. Both Eldritch and Snix are annoying the crap out of me.
Please go back to being analytical. I liked that better.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Okay, I will line up the reasons I think Lowell will either cling onto Snix or hop onto me. I had not realized how baseless my accusations sound.

1. He says he likes to keep talkative newbies in the game--this changes the second I recognize his pattern.

2. His pattern just happens to be that he jumps on whoever I'm attacking--this includes you Mokina, for whom he posted a pseudo-random vote on page 2 despite the fact that there was an actual argument taking place he could have taken part in.

3. He then proceeds to vote for Snix to give my "ideas" legs--at that point, you believed that there was no case against him. Soon after this, so did I...which is why I found his blatant bandwagon extremely suspicious. I had nothing to go on-and neither did he. He now will not remove his vote from Snix to anyone other than one of the two (me and Snix) currently being threatened with a bandwagon that may actually result in lynch. This is because he is afraid that once people have called attention to the lack of substance in his posts, he will be the new target.

4. Furthermore, TSN--another quite suspicious fellow--have also buddied up since the beginning of the game and don't seem to be scumhunting so much as posting random votes on people whose bandwagons are just starting up with TSN making at least a small effort to conceal this fact with sparsely filled posts that are more space than text.

//Analysis Complete
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

EBWOP:

3. To clarify, I mean that at that point you had no suspicion towards Snix, and believed that there was no reason to be suspicious of Snix. This means that you probably disagreed with Lowell's logic, so it would be kind of ridiculous to agree with it now because Snix has said things that seem (from your PoV) significantly more scummy. This new information regarding Snix does not invalidate the original baselessness of Lowell's bandwagon on aforementioned player.
-Napoleon I
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

snix wrote: To note all I did was repost TSN's post 37.
Actually, what I said was I support this product
and/or
service, a key distinction which you left out.

But seriously:
snix wrote: I'm mildly worried about TSN and Lowell jumping to his side though, it looks mildly like, instead of actually reading the argument, they went "oh look words, I bet he's right."
Thank you for completely strawmanning the both of us. That's not winning you any points.

ZS is so angry. And if you think calling for a no lynch isn't a newbtell, you haven't played enough games. Not, of course, that they're necessarily town newbs, but its definitely not a scumtell. . . although it is, of course, a completely terrible idea.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed May 21, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

EL- taking into account that you are new, I will show a bit of understanding, but you have extemely emotional reactions to things.

Especially people voting for you, so just chill abit, there will always be votes, and random voting is nothing ot get all worked up over. In a bigger game like this (vs a newbie game) its not as easy to get a quick lynch.

You're severe unsettled nature about ANY votes being on you concerns me. You don't handle the pressure well, which makes me want to keep my vote on you until I see more scummy actions from someone else.

Also you have been jumping around alot on your stance of players such as Mokina.

I just don't like how you are playing, thus my vote stands for now.
Show
you done goofed.

Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 1:35 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Hm, I think you missed the sarcasm in the first statement. I was simply curious as to why you were voting for me--since you had up until then provided absolutely zero reason beyond "his playstyle". The caps and slash cry were because you seemed to be continuously dodging the question because you were simultaneously "catching up" and reading the newest posts---it was a joke, you think I care about your vote way more than I do.

I care a bit about your vote because I don't want a town lynch (myself) on Day 1, but I also don't think your vote is going anywhere given how scummy Lowell, Mike-Zim, and other more suspicious members of this game have been.

That was not an emotional reaction, and not once in playing this game have I felt the need for emotional response. I'm a /b/'er, I lost my soul long ago.
-Napoleon I
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:08 am

Post by Lowell »

Eldritch Lord wrote:
Translation: I need a drink.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:25 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Eldritch Lord wrote:So, ZS do you make it habit to
FoS
everyone who will not agree with your attempts to bandwagon: so far this has included Mokina and Snix in less than a 1 page span. It seems as though you love to pressure people into bandwagoning by FoS'ing them and its about as close as you can get to an OMGUS without it actually being and OMGUS.

I am not defending Snix, I just find your attempts to be forceful and it seems as though you assume a false mantle of leadership--where your logic has always been a bland repetition of previous posts and the logic of others'. Later you FoS Snix despite the fact that you "share" his logic in the very same post, that is unless something changed halfway through posting.

I don't think you're scum, I just think you try too hard to get people to agree with you.
I FoSed everyone who voted No-Lynch because No-Lynching, at this point, is bad. I FoSed Mokina because she jumped off the wagon quickly, and without real reason. I FoSed Snix because he jumped off the wagon after people seriously started looking at him.

I do quite apologize if you find me agreeing with the logic of others. But, you know. Sometimes that happens. My agreeing with people. I dun know about you. But it happens with me.

Jesus Christ, do I have to say it again?

Just because I agree with one person on one point does NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT I AGREE WITH THEM ON ANOTHER!

Oh, yes. Because in this game, we want everyone to disagree with us. Most definitely.
Mokina wrote: You have dubbed our reactions the "clueless noob excuse" but there is some logic behind it. New players are more likely to be cautious, and no-lynch appears on the surface to be a cautious town move (and incidentally, looks like a bad move for scum). Note mike-zim's initial reaction; he's doing the same thing, if a little less eloquently. They are both newbies, and I doubt they are both scum. No-lynch is an incredibly tempting option for D1 (uninformed) new-town, and combined with a tendency for analysis, that's my current impression of Eldritch.
Well, since Eldritch is so god damned logical and smart, why did he not figure out that No-Lynch is a bad thing?
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:n00b or not, this isnt a newbie game where IC's are needed...so I am just wondering why you are defending him so much?
Two possible reasons:

1. They are scum buddies.

2. Mokina truly believes Eldritch is a townie, and therefore wants to keep him alive.
Mokina wrote:Newbie game or not, I don't believe EL should be lynched because he doesn't know about random voting.
And I say once again, since you all consider EL so smart and logical, why did he not figure all this out?
Mokina wrote:His initial opposition to it is all anyone has on him so far
It seems that someone is ignoring several posts where EL simply says "Your logic is Snix's logic, not to mention emotional." and absolutely simply refuses to even put out any kind of counter argument on my logic BESIDES that.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:ZS is so angry.
When am I not angry?
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:but you [EL] have extemely emotional reactions to things.
Te he he he.
Eldritch Lord wrote:I'm a /b/'er, I lost my soul long ago.
FUCKIN'
CONFIRM VOTE: ELDRITCH LORD
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 5:49 am

darlablueeyes wrote: n00b or not, this isnt a newbie game where IC's are needed
That's pretty debatable in a game where we've had two calls for no lynch day 1.
zs wrote: Two possible reasons:
1. They are scum buddies.

2. Mokina truly believes Eldritch is a townie, and therefore wants to keep him alive. [/quote]

I'll throw out a third possibility: Mokina knows eldritch is a townie and is buddying up, which is exactly what I am accusing snix of.
mike-zim
mike-zim
Townie
mike-zim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 7:47 am

Post by mike-zim »

ok please clear a few points up for me

1 What is FoS?
2 What is OMGUS?
3 What is EBWOP

and

4 Why is no lynch a bad vote? is it because Mafia get to kill someone at night? If that is the case by random voting the chances of killing a townie is quite high and we are doing the Mafia's job for them? Even if 1 is killed a townie will die odds on. So by keeping everyone alive for the first night the chances of catching the Mafia are higher are they not?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 8:43 am

1. Finger of Suspicion. Not a vote, but suspicion.
2. Oh My God U Suck. It means voting for someone who votes for you, and usually isn't regarded as good.
3. Edit By Way of Post.

4. Simple. Consider that, as town, we have a certain amount of lynches in which to find the scum. The scum aren't going to kill each other for us, so if we no lynch and give up one of our lynches, we are reducing the number of chances we have to lynch scum.

Assuming we are no better than random (and I'd like to think we're not), our odds of lynching scum in the first two days are 2/12, then 2/10. If we no lynch, our odds are zero, then 2/11. You'll note that if we no lynch, our odds of lynching successfully tomorrow are actually worse.

Now, it might be advantageous to no-lynch if we still haven't lynched scum and are down to six, or if there's one scum left and we're down to four, but as there's a possibility of a doctor save, which would give us an extra lynch, we shouldn't be worrying at about that at the moment.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 9:49 am

Post by dcorbe »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I would advise dcorbe to start providing some opinions on people.
The signal:noise ratio in here is still a little bit high. It seems like nobody is really giving any compelling reasons to hold their votes the way they are and the ones on the defensive are doing a pretty poor job of defending themselves.

All I have to say right now is this:

It seems like some of the people pushing the eldritch wagon right now are the ones who lurk the most right now.

It really sounds like a scum-driven wagon to me.

So.. based on that..

FoS: Eldritch Lord
because I'd like to hear more of what you have to say first
FoS: Daria and ZombieSlayer

Unvote
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

ZS, allow me to clarify: You try too hard to get people to agree with you in a manner that is demeaning, bullying, and emotional. It's hard to believe someone is making an attempt at logic when all they're doing is slightly switching up the words of another person and caps'ing votes based on the fact that I frequent another forum.

You are so locked in lynching me, you've ignored the rampant scuminess of other posters in this thread. Regardless of the outcome of Day 1, I do not believe I will be playing with you in the future. It is not fun when someone takes this game so seriously that I can hear screaming coming out of my speakers when I read the text.

You are too emotional, and guided by this stubborn, ignorant anger that you have continued to throw around at people so much that you've essentially alienated your way from everyone. You are, in my opinion, too emotional to be playing this game. I don't expect you to listen to my opinion, or to read a great deal of the reasoning Mokina has left behind without belittling it to one-liners and accepting possibilities that don't incriminate me personally (like the one TSN suggested). Or even to actually define your reasoning for voting on anything based on something other than "I don't like him because he said no-lynch is good" which is a statement I have now retracted.

You post about 3 sentences and somehow elongate it to last 5 paragraphs. More content, less angry yelling please. Now, I will watch you more scrutinizingly as well as Darla, because you have not paid heed to the reasoning posted by Snix, Mokina, and myself and instead pursued me relentlessly more based on emotion than what you refer to as "logic" (i.e. repeated phrases that are nothing more than cleverly disguised rhetoric for the same thing you posted the last time).

*This post was made in clear state of mind, without anger and an opinion that ZombieSlayer54 is not enjoyable to play with regardless of his role; with a total separation from any emotion (other than perhaps a slight amusement at the simple-minded manner ZS goes about in dealing with other players).*
-Napoleon I
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 9:58 am

Post by dcorbe »

Snix wrote:
unvote

I'm mildly worried about TSN and Lowell jumping to his side though, it looks mildly like, instead of actually reading the argument, they went "oh look words, I bet he's right."

Either way I'll be watching them.
It really looks like you're trying to deflect attention off onto your aggressors with this post.

Unvote
(just because I screwed up my tags with the last post and I want to make my intentions clear)

Vote: Snix
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

EBWOP: We would still like to hear from you Lowell. A little more than one-liners and bandwagoning, if you will.
-Napoleon I
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:01 am

Post by dcorbe »

Eldritch Lord wrote:ZS, allow me to clarify: You try too hard to get people to agree with you in a manner that is demeaning, bullying, and emotional. It's hard to believe someone is making an attempt at logic when all they're doing is slightly switching up the words of another person and caps'ing votes based on the fact that I frequent another forum.

You are so locked in lynching me, you've ignored the rampant scuminess of other posters in this thread. Regardless of the outcome of Day 1, I do not believe I will be playing with you in the future. It is not fun when someone takes this game so seriously that I can hear screaming coming out of my speakers when I read the text.

You are too emotional, and guided by this stubborn, ignorant anger that you have continued to throw around at people so much that you've essentially alienated your way from everyone. You are, in my opinion, too emotional to be playing this game. I don't expect you to listen to my opinion, or to read a great deal of the reasoning Mokina has left behind without belittling it to one-liners and accepting possibilities that don't incriminate me personally (like the one TSN suggested). Or even to actually define your reasoning for voting on anything based on something other than "I don't like him because he said no-lynch is good" which is a statement I have now retracted.

You post about 3 sentences and somehow elongate it to last 5 paragraphs. More content, less angry yelling please. Now, I will watch you more scrutinizingly as well as Darla, because you have not paid heed to the reasoning posted by Snix, Mokina, and myself and instead pursued me relentlessly more based on emotion than what you refer to as "logic" (i.e. repeated phrases that are nothing more than cleverly disguised rhetoric for the same thing you posted the last time).

*This post was made in clear state of mind, without anger and an opinion that ZombieSlayer54 is not enjoyable to play with regardless of his role; with a total separation from any emotion (other than perhaps a slight amusement at the simple-minded manner ZS goes about in dealing with other players).*
I would seriously slow down with calling anyone else here emotional. Nobody likes to be called ignorant or have their judgement called into question constantly. That itself is a knee-jerk response.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

This isn't about "how much you like someone" this is about finding scum. If I were trying to play this game based on pleasing people or how much I liked someone, I would've voted for him long ago. I disagree with his judgment, because he's calling me scum--and doing so in an insulting manner (which he has been long before I had anything to say to him). I am not scum, I will not stand by and let myself get bandwagoned by the people who are currently on my case, sorry.
-Napoleon I

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”