farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

Oh dear all this fighting cant be good for you.
No change to the votes.

votes:
Oman 1 vote: (Goatrevolt)
Goatrevolt 2 vote: (OGML, Oman)
Netran 1 vote: (alvinz95)
Alvinz95 1 vote: (Crazy)
OhGodMyLife 2 vote: (Rage, Armlx)
Rage 1 vote: (Netran)

8 people 5 to lynch
Deadline August 17th 2:00pm PST
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Netran
Netran
Townie
Netran
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:07 am

Post by Netran »

I agree that the reactions of Oman and Goatrevolt to each other are interesting but it is early in the game and I don't think we could have very much from them.
Lurkerhunting gives us even less: it is not scumtell and at this point I think it is quite useful because it helps discussion giving something to say to people after they get their prod.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:42 am

Post by Crazy »

I believe Oman's point was that you provided reasoning on a seemingly random vote. You're trying to make the suspicion smaller than it is.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Crazy wrote:I believe Oman's point was that you provided reasoning on a seemingly random vote. You're trying to make the suspicion smaller than it is.
Is this directed at me?

I provided reasoning for my legitimate vote on armlx. Can you explain how that's scummy?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Oman »

Goatrevolt wrote:
Crazy wrote:I believe Oman's point was that you provided reasoning on a seemingly random vote. You're trying to make the suspicion smaller than it is.
Is this directed at me?

I provided reasoning for my legitimate vote on armlx. Can you explain how that's scummy?
The scummiest thing is your heavy reaction to it. Being quite aggressive back "by any stretch of the imagination" etc.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Oman wrote:The scummiest thing is your heavy reaction to it. Being quite aggressive back "by any stretch of the imagination" etc.
That doesn't explain why you placed your vote in the first place. And I don't see why aggressiveness towards voting you for your blatant hypocrisy and bandwagoning is scummy in the least bit.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Crazy »

Goatrevolt wrote:
Oman wrote:The scummiest thing is your heavy reaction to it. Being quite aggressive back "by any stretch of the imagination" etc.
That doesn't explain why you placed your vote in the first place. And I don't see why aggressiveness towards voting you for your blatant hypocrisy and bandwagoning is scummy in the least bit.
Your vote was mostly in the random stage. Oman's wasn't. Thus, it is not hypocrisy.

And... bandwagoning? Just because it's the 3rd vote doesn't mean it's bandwagoning!

Unvote
Vote Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Crazy wrote:Your vote was mostly in the random stage. Oman's wasn't. Thus, it is not hypocrisy.
What are you talking about? My vote on armlx was a real vote. Just because it happened at the same time others were random voting does not make it less meaningful.

Besides, whether or not my vote happened during the random stage or not has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not his vote was hypocritical. He voted me for providing reasoning for my vote. His vote on me had a provided reasoning. Not only is providing reasoning a null-tell, but he is guilty of that same tell he accused me of.
Crazy wrote:And... bandwagoning? Just because it's the 3rd vote doesn't mean it's bandwagoning!
His vote was practically the definition of bandwagoning. He jumped on a player who already had a legitimate vote on them and did so with completely meaningless reasoning. If that's not scummy, then I don't know what is.

Then again, your vote right here is blatant bandwagoning on an extremely weak wagon without giving any reason whatsoever to why you think I'm scum, so I'm wondering if my vote would better be placed on you.
Crazy wrote:
Unvote
Vote Goatrevolt
I can tell you've been wanting to do that for some time. So what are your reasons for thinking I'm scum, or are you just trying to push a weak wagon even further?

Right now my wagon consists of:

OGML: Who is voting me for lurker hunting, which he pointed out is scummy because it can be used to avoid discussion. Considering there was no discussion at the time and my vote on armlx was meant to actually spark discussion he doesn't have a valid point.

Oman: Who is voting me because I provided reasoning when I voted for armlx, which is entirely a null-tell and hypocritical to boot.

Crazy: Who hasn't given a reason outside of outrage that I called Oman's vote bandwagoning, when that's precisely what it is.

I'm still happy with my vote on Oman, but I must say that Crazy's attempt to sneak onto my wagon is pretty scummy as well. Just looking through his posts, it was clear that he had been wanting to do this for a while but was trying to wait for a chance to actually justify it. Is that the picture of someone looking for scum or looking for an easy lynch?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Crazy »

Goatrevolt wrote:What are you talking about? My vote on armlx was a real vote. Just because it happened at the same time others were random voting does not make it less meaningful.
Then I suppose you could be called out for lurker-hunting, which is... well, bad, as it's the mod's job to do that.

I don't want to lynch you yet... it's page 4! And since I don't want anyone to get that impression, I'll
unvote
you but still give an
FoS

And if you find that wishy-washy, I'll just revote you.

My vote on you was because of your constant attempts to derail the argument against you. Admittedly, Oman's original argument against you was rather weak, but you kept defending yourself with craplogic, and voting Oman for reasons that are hardly justified.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Wow.

I am no longer enthralled by the my goatrevolt vote. However, the wagon on him was most informative.

Unvote, Vote: Crazy
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Crazy wrote:My vote on you was because of your constant attempts to derail the argument against you.
Translation: I voted you because you were defending yourself.
Crazy wrote:Admittedly, Oman's original argument against you was rather weak, but you kept defending yourself with craplogic, and voting Oman for reasons that are hardly justified.
Where am I defending myself with crap logic? Point it out to me.

My reasons for voting Oman are entirely justified. His reason for voting me was horrible, so I voted him for his crap reasons to justify his vote on me.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by Crazy »

Good enough, I guess. I don't know why I'm even pushing this stupid wagon. Sorry, it's a habit of mine.

UnFoS
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Crazy »

On second thought, I now see where Goatrevolt was coming from. Oman's logic was rather confusing, and I suppose Goat was defending himself the best he could.

I see Goat's original vote on armlx as an attempt to start discussion. I believe reasoning on that vote was perfectly valid, although I don't find Oman scummy for using that argument, as that got some pretty neat reactions.

I've noticed that townies usually overreact
more
than scum when being pressured. While he had a lot of votes, Goat did overreact a little bit, but that's as much of a town tell as a scum tell.

I see Goat's vote on Oman as valid, although I don't agree with his logic. Oman certainly wasn't looking for a lynch, so I don't find what he did scummy at all.

And please don't vote me, guys, it's after midnight here and I have no idea what I was thinking.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:27 pm

Post by armlx »

armlx wrote:

His vote on me is because I provided reasoning when I voted for you
Oman, is this why you voted GR?
Oman, please answer the question.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Oman »

I voted GR because he engaged in what I have annecdotally seen to be a scumtel..

If someone engages in something I have seen as previously scum, then I will do it, regardless of whther or not it makes me look scummy.

<May I amslso notthat Goat is CONTINUEING to be extremely agressiv.e
Netran
Netran
Townie
Netran
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Netran »

Goatrevolt is aggressive but I don't see him overreacting too much.
Crazy wrote:And if you find that wishy-washy, I'll just revote you.
I find this wishy-washy. And extremely suspicious: you seemed to want to vote Goatrevolt for some posts, than voted and just after that you regret your mistake (?) and unvoted trying to cover your error in next posts.
The line I quoted: you are trying to cover your mistake threatening a vote?
It can be due to the late hour, but it is possible that the late hour leads a scummy player to make these kind of errors so I'm voting you
Unvote; Vote Crazy
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:04 am

Post by armlx »

Oman, is that a yes or no? Thats what I mainly want to know, you can justify yourself later.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Crazy »

At the point of my second post, I was still suspicious of Goatrevolt, but I didn't want to be called out for bandwagoning. By my last post, I dropped all suspicion. Yes, I was tired last night... I definitely wish I could delete posts.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:56 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Oman, do you think being extremely aggressive is a scumtell?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Oman »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Oman, do you think being extremely aggressive is a scumtell?
Agressive has two meanings. In this context (i.e. if you mean "Reacitvely angry") then certainly yes. Scum picked for an early wagon yell and scream and headdesk for their mistakes to be caught so early.

Scumanoia.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I don't think "reactively angry" is the same thing as aggressive at all.

And I disagree with you that being reactively angry is a scumtell. It is something that everyone does to some extent when cornered, especially if they think the heat they're receiving is unjust. Its a null tell.

Which to me is making your vote look a lot worse.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Oman »

What do you mean by aggressive?

And my vote is entirely justifiable by my seeing that scum are more likely to be reactive and angry when cornered than town.

Have oyu had a different experience to me?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

First of all, I think you're putting me in a "damned if you, damned if you don't situation." Either I don't defend myself and the charges stick against me, or I defend myself and get accused with being over defensive (or reactive and angry as it's called here). There must be a nice tight line that a townie has to walk to manage to get out of a bandwagon and somehow manage to either not be dismissive or over defensive. Of course, scum are too stupid to know how to walk that line, because stepping too far either way is a scum tell...

Besides, where have I been reactive and angry? Are you talking about me turning around and voting you for the exact same logic you used to vote for me?

Obviously I have a biased opinion in this situation, but I don't think that getting frustrated at being wagoned for dumb reasons is a scum tell. Townies get frustrated all the time as well. I actually just finished a game where I defended farside because I thought an outburst she had in response to a wagon against her day 1 was a town tell, and it indeed turned out that she was town.
Oman wrote:Scum picked for an early wagon yell and scream and headdesk for their mistakes to be caught so early.
Or townies wagoned for dumb reasons yell and scream and headdesk about how stupid the town is playing, etc.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

@Mod
Could you prod Alvinz? He hasn't posted in 3 days, but has been posting elsewhere on this site in that time.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”