farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:16 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry I have a lot on my mind as of late.

@ sekinj: Why do you think Retro correction isn't scummy, but Azrael001 mistake is scummy?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Azrael001 »

Wow, I feel dumb. I managed to skip page two as well as page three. I don't know how I managed to do that. I have reread the thead, and I'm going to have to
unvote

As the person that I'm voting for seems to be the most protown person here.

I don't know what else I can say to atone for my mistake. It's not like I can prove whether or not I did in fact make a timing mistake rather than a scummy one.

I can't even use past play history here, as all of my games are on xkcd's fora. Sigh.
Forgive my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.

(The irony is killing me.)
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:40 am

Post by sekinj »

farside22 wrote:Sorry I have a lot on my mind as of late.

@ sekinj: Why do you think Retro correction isn't scummy, but Azrael001 mistake is scummy?
because retro's mistake was obvious in his first post about it. He says, "same reason, wrong name beside it" which references back to his first random vote against me. So, he was obviously still random voting, however badly he mis-read the thread and however misguided his attempt to 'correct' a random vote, he was still random voting. He then unvoted 5 minutes later because has was done with random voting as he states in Post 36.

Az on the other hand, breaks into the middle of the serious discussion with what looks like an all out attack without anything to back it up. He leaves it that way for over 24 hours, and only then comes back and says he made a mistake.

these are drastically different. I'm not saying Az is scum (which is why I haven't voted him), but I am saying his mistake was much more scummy.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Mirth »

Az, first of all, how is calling someone protown good? You think you can write Sek off as protown? Already? On page 4? After you admit to not reading most of the thread? Wow.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:40 am

Post by sekinj »

Mirth wrote:Az, first of all, how is calling someone protown good? You think you can write Sek off as protown? Already? On page 4? After you admit to not reading most of the thread? Wow.
true dat. Am I protown for fosing you?? is that what you are trying to say?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:40 am

Post by sekinj »

EBWOP: that was directed at az
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by strife220 »

Azrael001 wrote:Wow, I feel dumb. I managed to skip page two as well as page three. I don't know how I managed to do that. I have reread the thead, and I'm going to have to
unvote

As the person that I'm voting for seems to be the most protown person here.

I don't know what else I can say to atone for my mistake. It's not like I can prove whether or not I did in fact make a timing mistake rather than a scummy one.

I can't even use past play history here, as all of my games are on xkcd's fora. Sigh.
Now this makes me unsettled. I actually have qualms with bumbling a bit over reading the thread - that's certainly a null tell. But saying "Sekinj seems to be the most pro-town player" is not something I see a pro-town player doing. This statement needs to be backed up - how could you get such a read so soon?
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Azrael001 »

Well after realizing that I didn't read part of the thread, I reread it, then posted my opinions. The posts aren't that long, and there are only 25ish posts per page. Catching up took about twenty minutes (probably, this was the other day I can't remember exactly and I don't care enough to check). I almost never base my suspicions on mistakes, but rather on tone and word choice. It usually serves me well.

If you want to lynch me for a dumb mistake go ahead, but it would be a mistake.
Forgive my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.

(The irony is killing me.)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Mirth »

I am happy with my vote. Accidently missing a page of thread is one thing, blatantly ignoring questions and playing the emotional card is another.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by iamausername »

Azrael wrote:I almost never base my suspicions on mistakes, but rather on tone and word choice. It usually serves me well.
Whatever you're basing them on, do you want to share those suspicions with the rest of us? All you've said so far about anyone else is that sekinj is "the most protown person here".

This post might be a little hypocritical if I left it at that, because I haven't really given much myself either. I guess I'm finding Mirth and farside most suspect for pushing so hard on retro's 'correcting' his random vote when it seems fairly obvious to me that his doing so was entirely unrelated to his alignment.

But I'm also aware that I always, always find farside scummy. I think the only game of hers I've read where I didn't was the one where I replaced her, and had definitive proof that she was town sitting in my PM box before I read the thread. :P
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Mirth »

I see you still fail to comprehend the issue with Retro. His correction was not necessary. Yet he did it anyways thinking it would effect how we view him. Why is he so concerned about this when random is random is random?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by iamausername »

Mirth wrote:His correction was not necessary.
I completely agree.
Mirth wrote:Yet he did it anyways thinking it would effect how we view him.
Not so much.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by sekinj »

@mirth: But retro unvoted immediately. Being anal retentive myself, I totally understand how someone would want to 'fix' something like that when they thought they were mistaken. It didn't mean anything. At this point it is being talked to death.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Players:

Azrael001 (2) (iamausername, Mirth)
retrowiz (1) (strife220)

Not Voting: sekinj, farside22, retrowiz, Azrael001

7 Alive = 4 votes needed to Lynch

Deadline: September 6, 10:00 AM EST

Deadline Clock
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:32 am

Post by retrowiz »

Azrael001 wrote:Well after realizing that I didn't read part of the thread, I reread it, then posted my opinions. The posts aren't that long, and there are only 25ish posts per page. Catching up took about twenty minutes (probably, this was the other day I can't remember exactly and I don't care enough to check). I almost never base my suspicions on mistakes, but rather on tone and word choice. It usually serves me well.

If you want to lynch me for a dumb mistake go ahead, but it would be a mistake.
being a newbie to this game, I've made mistakes in every game I plaed, and learned from them, but how does "tone and word choice" possibly help? is there a list of words to use if scum VS. town? since your experienced at this game I'd love to be educated on that! I figured most experienced players would have a good poker face and be consistant with tone and word choice in all games.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Mirth »

Sek, its actually being written off too much. Half the reason to do anything in this game is to convince others that you are town.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 am

Post by retrowiz »

iamausername wrote:
Mirth wrote:His correction was not necessary.
I completely agree.
Mirth wrote:Yet he did it anyways thinking it would effect how we view him.
Not so much.
@ Mirth, don't confuse newbie with scum.

thanks IAM for this post. I was trying to be accurate (possibly anal) to a fault clearly.

well at least it sparked a little conversation, is this the best conversation piece Mirth has to work with at this point.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:12 am

Post by Mirth »

Retro, you playing the newbie card doesn't make you look better. Assuming that newbies can't be scum just makes you ping more on my scumdar. But I'm not voting you, so you don't even know how likely I think it is whether or not you're scum.

As for conversation pieces, why should I be the only one working on a conversation like your post seems to imply? Jesus H. Christ! This is supposed to be a game of involvement between people. If you're not happy with my conversation topics, start your own. As for conversation, its impossible to haver a conversation when one side doesn't respond. (I want answers from Az.)
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:30 am

Post by retrowiz »

Mirth, not saying it would make me look better or worse, just clarifying things for you.

but good point regarding conversation topics, I've never started my own to date. I'll look into something here.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Mirth »

...you'll look into something? Instead of "looking into" it, could you actually do it? Not starting conversations is not something to be proud of.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:47 am

Post by retrowiz »

Mirth wrote:
strife220 wrote:
Mirth wrote:Strife you're making me a tad suspicious by calling the vote "obligatory." No one is obligating you to do anything. And the second part of it, where you make a joke, bothers me because your vote is clearly non-random, yet you're trying to play down your own reason (ditto with the obilgatory). I take no issue with voting for someone seriously for null tells, but I do take issue with not owning up to actions. This is what your post seems like to me.
I hear the random voting stage is for random voting.
Not random when you back it up with a reason, no matter how flimsy. And have I mentioned I hate RVS?
@ strife, the reason for your vote was cause I doubled up the vote count, and as Mirth pointed out, that is a real reason for a vote, not just random at that point. (sorry to hijack your point Mirth) but it is one that was never addressed back.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:50 am

Post by retrowiz »

@ farside whats with the focus on Sek? sure you touched on me and Azrael, but why hightlight Sek all the time? bias?
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Mirth »

I can answer this for Farside, if she doesn't mind, since it's obvious. Sek defended you. No reason for her to do so.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:47 am

Post by sekinj »

except that I dont' want townie's lynched... true I don't know retro's alignment for sure, but his mistake does nto scream scum to me pure and simple.

@mirth and farside: why are you ignoring the Az thing? simply because he is not responding? this is not good playing on anyone's part. Retro and Az both made mistakes because of not reading properly, yet you guys are making retro look scummier because he is participating, where Az isn't looking as scummy simply because he is lurking.

We have 4 people talking about the mistakes the other 2 people made, 2 people attacking and 2 defending, that's a pretty even split so it makes me thing that it's not incredibily scummy of me to defend Retro.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Mirth »

You don't want townies lynched? Yet you say you don't know Retro is a townie, so how can you say you don't want him lynch. No one is talking about lynching him, so where are you getting these ideas from?

How exactly am I ignoring the Az thing? I left questions for him, I want my answers, but I cannot extract anything from him if he does not wish to type it. Or should I magically teleport over to his house and force him to answer at gunpoint? This is blatant misrepresentation. If I wasn't for the moment happy with my Az vote (btw, if you think he's scummy, why aren't *you* voting him or pursuing him past a single question?), I'd be voting you for that last post.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”