Mini 50 (Newer York Confidential) Game Over!

gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:57 pm

Post by gslamm »

Alright discusion started. Now lets see if we got anything:
PBuG wrote:I have a feeling that the woman killed PolarBoy, then herself.
Obviously, JazzRed is the equivalent of a Townie, or else he would have voted instead of waited for others to vote. I'm going to vote for anybody that votes for JazzRed or lurks.
"The woman" is a NPC <Non-Player-Character as I read it>
Not so obviously...
A PBuG - JazzRed connection Hmmm...
JazzRed wrote:jasonpingpong, voting no lynch is worse then killing a townie. That's because during the night, another person (or two) who are innocent are going to get killed. At least if we lynch someone we get some info. Because of your no lynch stance, I will FOS: jasonpingpong
Also my vote will stand where it is
**gslamm**
at least until we hear again from gslamm. So I advise that people don't jump on the banwagon and get him lynched before then.
Unvote/Fos:JazzRed
for making sense when everyone else, myself included, is confused. Again I'll bet he knows something.
Vote:PBuG
For making no sense and trying to confuse things, himself included, more. I'll bet he .... Nah that would just be mean.

I have to agree no lynch should not even be considered.
Now you've heard from me :) Is it the consensus that I should claim? I'm cool with that but really don't see any reasoning behind the threat.

Let's look at something else for a minute. Usually when the mafia has a family name it means there is more than one family. I'm even leaning towards unfos'ing JazzRed if/when another mafia family name comes up, meaning he's just as wrong/confused about what happened last night as the rest of us.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:53 am

Post by JazzRed »

Ok, I will start off by
Unvoting: gslamm
. I have no reason to suspect you and no, I don't think there is any need for a claim (seeing as now you know have 1 vote).

Now, for something a little more interesting... You want the name of another mafia? Well, here it is: the Symphony Mafia. They're the ones doing the killings. For now, I think it's best I not explain how I know this, but now you all know too.

Also, I will
Vote PBug
. He's been very...dodgy... Some of his posts have been off the wall and just plain confusing. He also seemed eager to start a banwagon against jasonpingpong for voting no lynch.
Guess what? No. You're wrong. The answer's 7.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:12 am

Post by TBuG »

Okay, I guess I'll role claim.

I'm the Symphony Mafia Bodyguard. I can protect one person each day.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:20 am

Post by TBuG »

Oh, and I do not have anything to do with the killings. I don't get to vote for who gets killed, I just can protect one person. That's all. Would I role-claim as being the Symphony Mafia Bodyguard if I wasn't? I'm not even sure WHO is responsible for the killings.
Unvote: jasonpingpong

But...[/b]FOS: jasonpingpong[/b]
No, I wasn't trying to start a bandwagon. I thought JazzRed had a point.
And no, gslamm, there is no connection that I know of between me and JazzRed. I just decided to vote for the first person to vote for the first person to post (sorry if that was confusing).

I'm sorry I got you all confused. My life is just getting all mixed up and everything. My brains going down the toilet. A pity, since I was an a student :P
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:26 am

Post by CoolBot »

Symphony Mafia Bodyguard?? Nice that you say this one post after Jazz reveals that Symphony Mafia exists. Speaking of which, Symphony Maifa?? What is that? How do you know about them, Jazz?

I think these two are connected in some way. Also, wouldn't a mafia bodyguard be employed by the mafia?
unvote: jasonpingpong

vote: PBug

fos: JazzRed
- I want to know how you know about the Symphony Mafia

Oh, and
fos: jasonpingpong
I was going to keep my vote on you because of the no lynch. But I want to get to the bottom of PBug & JazzRed a little bit more.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:49 am

Post by TBuG »

ME AND JAZZRED HAVE NO CONNECTION. That I know of, at least... I roleclaimed because I have about two or three votes, not because the Symphony Mafia came up. I knew about the Carnegie because my role description said that the Carnegie mafia are probably behind the killings.
FOS: JazzRed

I too am curious as how you would know about the Symphony mafia.

CoolBot, why did you vote for me? I'm not even sure if I truly am Mafia or if I'm truly on the town side. I wouldn't be employed by the mafia, as far as I know. I don't think the Symphony Mafia even know I'm the Symphony Bodyguard. If you want answers, why are you trying to lynch me?

P.S.- I chose not to protect anybody this time because I have no idea about who the town is and who the mafia are.
jasonpingpong
jasonpingpong
Townie
jasonpingpong
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:51 am

Post by jasonpingpong »

Im just poitin out that I or noone else should be lynched just randomly. Give a reason for anyones guiltyness and I'll be the first to vote. I didnt know NO VOTE = MAFIA , NO VOTE means that I just dont want to randomly piss anyone off by voting for them while havin no evidence.
"Don't wory, be happy wahoo ooo ooo be happy now" Billy Bass
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:07 am

Post by rite »

PBuG, does your PM tell you what your win conditions are?
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:13 am

Post by TBuG »

My win condition is for the murderers to be dead.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:15 am

Post by TBuG »

jasonpingpong wrote:Im just poitin out that I or noone else should be lynched just randomly. Give a reason for anyones guiltyness and I'll be the first to vote. I didnt know NO VOTE = MAFIA , NO VOTE means that I just dont want to randomly piss anyone off by voting for them while havin no evidence.
I think JazzRed is guilty becase he/she knew about the Symphony Mafia.
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:36 am

Post by JazzRed »

I'll explain how I know about the Symphony mafia. I'm a member of a mason group (who's win condition is that the town survives). That mason group is the Carnegie Mafia. I
KNOW
that the Carnegie mafia is
NOT
behind the killings. We're just living off the money we made while we were active.

Now, I also know that the Symphony Mafia is behind the killings. Since PBug has claimed Symphony Mafia, I am positive he is scum. I can also assume he is now pointing the finger at the Carnegie Mafia because he put 2 and 2 together and realized I must be a member. It undoubtedly mentioned us when he got his role.

This explains why I kept implying that the Carnegie Mafia member was killed by the mafia. And you can see by the descriptions that within all likelihood the Cop was killed by the SK and Carnegie member by the mafia.

So, I will keep my vote on PBug, and insist that you all do the same. And I will say this again - The Carnegie Mafia is a mason group on the side of the town. Nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunately, I have the feeling me saying this will likely get me killed or lynched.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:45 am

Post by gslamm »

JasonPP: I think we have a little more than random here. <See above posts>
PBuG wrote: I just decided to vote for the first person to vote for the first person to post (sorry if that was confusing).
AND
PBuG wrote:I'm the Symphony Mafia Bodyguard. I can protect one person each day.
Your role claim seems to be missing a few pieces of information. You protect a person each
DAY
? From what do you guard this Mafia during the day?

My vote stands until you finish your claim. Like what's your name and motive... Do you have a night choice ? etc,etc,etc...

Rite:
rite wrote:vote: gslamm for being ugly
I heard a good one a few months ago: "This preist walks into a bar..." :lol:
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:01 am

Post by Fishbulb »

jasonpingpong wrote:NO VOTE means that I just dont want to randomly piss anyone off by voting for them while havin no evidence.
There is a difference between no vote (which is what you sounded like you meant to do) than a
No Lynch
(which is what you actually did). And you don't have to Vote: No Vote, just don't vote.

This whole PBuG thing is confusing me big time. Since I am not a member of either mafia group, I'm not sure what is going on here. Sorry for not being much help, yet. Every time I come to this thread, I am left scratching my head.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:16 am

Post by JazzRed »

Fishbulb wrote:This whole PBuG thing is confusing me big time. Since I am not a member of either mafia group, I'm not sure what is going on here. Sorry for not being much help, yet. Every time I come to this thread, I am left scratching my head.
Ok, let me break this down for eveyone:

- I started off by telling everyone that there was a Symphony Mafia and voted for PBuG
- PBuG (from what I can infer) scanned over my post and noticed my vote against him. He then role claimed Symphony Mafia Bodyguard
- PBuG then (once again, from what I can infer) posted right below his role claim after noticing I said that the Symphony Mafia was doing the killing.
- He then tries to get people to lynch me, pointing out the fact that I knew about the Symphony Mafia
- I post, explaining my knowledge of the Symphony Mafia.

Once again, although I'm a member of the Carnegie Mafia we do not kill, want the town to win, and are essentially a Mason group.

Get it now everyone? I hope so...

Also, I think PBuG's role
may
actually be Symphony Mafia Bodyguard. Could be a spin-off of the Doctor for the Mafia, protecting one of them from night kills (aka Vigilante). And my win condition is if the town survives, which makes me question PBuG even more because he said his win condition is to kill the murderers.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:23 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Well, I definitely trust you so far, JazzRed. I don't think you'd put yourself on the line if you were really scum. And I'm not saying that I'm confused at what you've been saying, just confused at what kind of a scenario we have here. It would be helpful to hear what more characters we have out there, but obviously it would be a bad idea if everyone role-claimed right at the start. I guess it will become clearer as the days continue on.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:29 am

Post by TBuG »

Now I'm confused.

UnFOS: JazzRed

I believe you, honestly.

Okay, from what I understand, I'm part of the mafia but I'm not really mafia. I don't vote for the mafia killings. From what I understand I'm supposed to be somewhat of a pawn for the mafia.

My win conition says my goal is to stop the muderers, which I think mean the murderers must be dead.

My PM says that the Carnegie Mafia must be behind the killings because I'm certainly not.

However, that DOES NOT mean the rest of the Symphony Mafia isn't behind them.

I'm just very very very confused.

Oh, and
UnFOS: jasonpingpong

JazzRed, I believe you because not most people actually admit so being called Mafia, so I don't think you would lie about that.

I'm just confused, very very very confused.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:47 am

Post by rite »

gslamm wrote:Rite:
rite wrote:vote: gslamm for being ugly
I heard a good one a few months ago: "This preist walks into a bar..." :lol:
I hate you.

Vote stands because I'm not quite sure at the moment, and gslamm is a good a person as any.
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:10 am

Post by JazzRed »

rite, how on earth can you have nothing more to say?!?! Two people just claimed and those people didn't just claim they claimed
Mafia!!

I will
FOS: rite
. I get the very, very strong feeling that you are scum due to the fact that you just avoid the whole Carnegie/Symphony Mafia debachle. As a matter of fact, that would be a vote if I wasn't so sure PBuG was scum (of some sort). How can you not have
any
opinion on this. My vote stays, but if I survive the night and rite hasn't said something
very
convincing then my vote will go to him tomorrow.

I may come to regret posting this later, but I'm a little hot-headed to see a post like rite's when 2 people claim Mafia. I mean
come on
say something about this...
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:21 am

Post by TBuG »

rite, have you even SEEN the past page?

Vote: Rite
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:23 am

Post by TBuG »

Oh, and what I do is protect people from the Mafia killings. That means there is no way I am true scum.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:54 am

Post by rite »

JazzRed wrote: I may come to regret posting this later, but I'm a little hot-headed to see a post like rite's when 2 people claim Mafia. I mean
come on
say something about this...
I have nothing to say. There is no hard evidence on either side to say that one of you is scum. Once a bandwagon starts on one of you (which I'm sure it will), I'll hop on it, and lynch whoever the town deems likely is the best to lynch.

At the moment, no one seems more scummy than someone else in my mind. It's day one, for cripes sake, and we're playing a game with a lot of newbies who have been tripping up quite a bit-- one thing you don't want to do on the first day is reveal much information about yourself. It makes you bait for night kills.

Since no one is scummier than anyone else, I'd like to retain my vote on gslamm. If you question my reasonings, see my first post.

He's Ugly.
FinalFear
FinalFear
Townie
FinalFear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:26 am

Post by FinalFear »

Vote: Jazzred
for assuming. hehehe. er, i mean random
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:40 am

Post by TBuG »

Unofficial Vote Count:

PBuG: 3 (CoolBot, JazzRed, gslamm)
JazzRed: 1 (FinalFear)
gslamm: 1 (rite)
rite: 1 (PBuG)
Viarostultega: 1 (Riven)

No Lynch: 1 (jasonpingpong)

Haven't voted: Viarostultega, Fishbulb
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:40 am

Post by JazzRed »

rite, you've got a point. It's just frustrating to me that I've gone out on a limb and (as you've said) set myself up for getting killed during the night (anyone willing to place bets to whether I live to see day 2?) and people
still
make random votes without any reason for them. I'll
UnFOS: rite
for now. I was looking and still am hoping for people to come out with more definite opinions.

Consider this a plea: People please choose who to believe. Both myself and PBuG have said we belong to a mafia and we are both pointing fingers at the other persons mafia. To be honest, I think the best way to gather some information (and that is what Day 1 is usually about right?) is to lynch either myself or PBuG. Of course, I think you should lynch PBuG but at the very least make up your minds people.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:47 am

Post by TBuG »

Hey, I've changed my mind. I'm not true scum I think, but I know there are some true scum. JazzRed isn't true scum either. both of are win conditions are the town winning.

Unvote: rite

Vote: JazzRed

No offense, but it's the only way to save myself. I'll unvote if at least two people unvote me or vote you, or if one person unvotes me and votes you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”