Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

farside22 wrote:Reading it you were pretty suspicious day 1. Lack of activity was a bear.
Which is exactly why I was supposed to be the Day 2 lynch for the gambit to work, but no, some rather impatient people dediced to blow us
BOTH
up.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

there is more than one way SC could have gone for a win.

"I'm vanilla townie, but i realized D2 was LyLo and thought that I was almost certainly going to be lynched next, which would make us lose. I thought a seer claim was the only way to keep myself from getting lynched"

Or, considering the town was clearly so disorganized they couldn't even get their claims out before lynches.

"Well Nat, it's obvious that Crazy's seer claim was BS. Let's lynch.
Vote: Crazy
"

You play to win. You don't play to lose.

The mod calls the game when it's over. The mod hadn't called the game, because it wasn't over.
I'm still very very pissed, not at the setup farside, at my quitter partner.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

@farside22 - I think the setup is a winner. Big props to Adel!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Adel »

Kublai Khan wrote:@farside22 - I think the setup is a winner. Big props to Adel!
thanks. my first 60+ submissions to the open game setups thread were rejected, but I've been on quite a roll recently.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

popsofctown wrote:there is more than one way SC could have gone for a win.

"I'm vanilla townie, but i realized D2 was LyLo and thought that I was almost certainly going to be lynched next, which would make us lose. I thought a seer claim was the only way to keep myself from getting lynched"
May I ask how the hell that's pro-town?
popsofctown wrote:Or, considering the town was clearly so disorganized they couldn't even get their claims out before lynches.

"Well Nat, it's obvious that Crazy's seer claim was BS. Let's lynch.
Vote: Crazy
"
Crazy deduced (wrongly) that I was the seer, so that wouldn't work if he was paying attention. I could have used it, and in hindsight that might have been a good try, but I doubt it. As I implied earlier, it would be cheap for confirmed scum to get away.
popsofctown wrote:You play to win. You don't play to lose.
My fate was sealed when you died, and it's unfair to take advantage of people not paying attention. It's called accepting the consequences for your actions, not throwing the game. Now enough already.

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:43 pm

Post by Adel »

SC, may I recommend a book? Chess for Tigers is less about chess and more about how to win games. Especially if you are attracted to gambits, I think you might enjoy it and find it useful.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:14 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

StrangerCoug wrote:May I ask how the hell that's pro-town?
It's not. I think their point is that when you're dealing with a town that makes rash impatient moves, then starting off Day 3 with a whopper of a lie might have actually worked.

Noticed that you not only had to vote yourself, but also had to explicitly lay out the case against yourself for Natirasha to vote with you.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:25 am

Post by ortolan »

I agree; it looks to me as though you still could easily have won SC
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Adel wrote:SC, may I recommend a book? Chess for Tigers is less about chess and more about how to win games. Especially if you are attracted to gambits, I think you might enjoy it and find it useful.
Will do. Anything that improves strategy in general in anything I play will be of good use for me here (because I pretty much suck at strategy at any given game I know the rules to)

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

There is no such thing as a cheap win... maybe it's because you don't come from a fighting-game background that this isn't credo to you. But if it's not illegal, it's legal, and you should use it to win. Other wise any competition turns into "he with the least honor wins"
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Crazy »

Woah, crazy game there.

I don't think what SC did at the end was unethical. He was about as confirmed scum as you can be. There was really nothing he could do to possibly win.

Umm, KK, if someone claims like that, counter-claim them
immediately
. By your lack of a counter-claim in your posts after SC, I had already thought that you couldn't be the seer. If this wasn't a special case (with pops flipping the wrong kind of scum and all), and you claimed that late, I would assume that you were scum.

SC's gambit was awesome, and really it
should
have worked, but failed due to some unforeseen matters (KK delaying his claim; the quick wagon on pops)

-SC claims seer, guilty on pops.
-Real seer counter-claimed.
-SC is scummy, so he's lynched instead.
-Real seer is killed at night.
-Pops is nearly confirmed on Day 3.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:58 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I agree with Crazy. I fully back SC there, i'd have done the same. there was nothing he could do.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:38 am

Post by CarnCarn »

Huh, interesting game here.
Crazy wrote:SC's gambit was awesome, and really it
should
have worked, but failed due to some unforeseen matters (KK delaying his claim; the quick wagon on pops)

-SC claims seer, guilty on pops.
-Real seer counter-claimed.
-SC is scummy, so he's lynched instead.
-Real seer is killed at night.
-Pops is nearly confirmed on Day 3.
A small variation to this that I would have played as scum is to NK Crazy instead of KK (the real seer), because I think it would have made it easier to lynch Nat in LyLo by making Kublai Khan the Lynchmaker.
KK was really suspicious of Nat all along, investigated him N1 and got an innocent on Werewolf (would investigate pops and get innocent too on N2). But, considering SC would come up goon, it wouldn't have mattered at all and it's quite likely he would have supported the Nat lynch over a pops lynch.
Crazy, you seemed to have a better handle on Nat that everyone else, taking into his meta (self-voting and lurk-hammering).

Also, SC could have still won by not killing KK and instead killing Crazy. He could have just said "I really thought pops was scum yesterday from his arguments and actions and I just claimed seer because I was convinced of it; after all, I did get a scum lynched, so that has to count for something" and gotten a decent chance of winning in LyLo with him, Nat and KK (pushing the Lynch towards Nat obv for the xtoxm speed hammer). I do think he underestimated his chances of winning. He got "caught" claiming, but I don't think that means it's an automatic loss. People have falseclaimed as town, after all.

And yeah, I would agree that this is definately looks like a fun setup to play through.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”