Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:You're scummy for hammering someone on a case you didn't believe in on the basis of pandering to the majority.
Now see, that's complete bullshit. Do I need to point out the (now 4) times I've said I found him scummy?

More to the point, stop avoiding the question. Why am I scummy for doing something you would have done, but waiting to make sure at least 1 other Town person agrees?
I've answered your question multiple times. You only showed suspicion after the fact, AND only showed enough suspicion to hammer once
you precieved that it was safe to do so, because a majority makeup of the town tomorrow agreed with you.
Yeah, I only hammered after 3 other people voted for him. Real good scumtell there!
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:You're scummy for hammering someone on a case you didn't believe in on the basis of pandering to the majority.
Now see, that's complete bullshit. Do I need to point out the (now 4) times I've said I found him scummy?

More to the point, stop avoiding the question. Why am I scummy for doing something you would have done, but waiting to make sure at least 1 other Town person agrees?
I've answered your question multiple times. You only showed suspicion after the fact, AND only showed enough suspicion to hammer once
you precieved that it was safe to do so, because a majority makeup of the town tomorrow agreed with you.
Answer the question.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:

Answer the question.
I HAVE ANSWERED THE GODDAMN FUCKING QUESTION AT LEAST 5 FUCKING TIMES BY NOW. LEARN HOW TO READ OR CEASE TO PLAY THE GAME. THANKS.
SensFan wrote:Yeah, I only hammered after 3 other people voted for him. Real good scumtell there!
Vote =/= call for the hammer; you yourself said that page 1 votes were pretty much meaningless.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:Yeah, I only hammered after 3 other people voted for him. Real good scumtell there!
Vote =/= call for the hammer; you yourself said that page 1 votes were pretty much meaningless.
Right. But you are saying that I'm Scum for hammering only with support of 50%+ of the Town. Surely that is the case for any hammer...
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:I HAVE ANSWERED THE GODDAMN FUCKING QUESTION AT LEAST 5 FUCKING TIMES BY NOW. LEARN HOW TO READ OR CEASE TO PLAY THE GAME. THANKS.
No. You have made a statement that is a sad attempt to weasel out of self-incrimination.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Right. But you are saying that I'm Scum for hammering only with support of 50%+ of the Town. Surely that is the case for any hammer...
You're not at all paying attention to what I am saying.

YOU YOURSELF have said, multiple times, that you waited on the hammer until you had (and I paraphrase a bit here) "at least 1 town" calling for it. Hence, you waited for
3 people
to call for the hammer.

This allows you to weasel yourself out of suspicion because
they asked for it
. Sans this confirmation, people would have basis to say "but we were just pressuring him, why the hell did you hammer on page 2", which would thus be bad for you. You saw the opportunity to hammer a townsperson with minimal suspicion being inflicted upon you, and you took it.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:I HAVE ANSWERED THE GODDAMN FUCKING QUESTION AT LEAST 5 FUCKING TIMES BY NOW. LEARN HOW TO READ OR CEASE TO PLAY THE GAME. THANKS.
No. You have made a statement that is a sad attempt to weasel out of self-incrimination.
No. I've answered the question.

Isn't this fun? It's like a long and more wordy version of the classic "NO YOU NO YOU NO YOU" exchange.
stream

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:

YOU YOURSELF have said, multiple times, that you waited on the hammer until you had (and I paraphrase a bit here) "at least 1 town" calling for it. Hence, you waited for
3 people
to call for the hammer.

they asked for it
. Sans this confirmation, people would have basis to say "but we were just pressuring him, why the hell did you hammer on page 2", which would thus be bad for you. You saw the opportunity to hammer a townsperson with minimal suspicion being inflicted upon you, and you took it.
I would never hammer anyone without 50% of the Town supporting it.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:

3 people
to call for the hammer.

they asked for it
Then again, if by some obscene stretch of the imagination you
are
town, you are henceforth urged to grow a pair.
stream

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge, explain why what you are arguing is not a situation of "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't."
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:

3 people
to call for the hammer.

they asked for it
are
I have been Town before, you realize? And why should anyone end the day without a majority agreeing for a lynch? Why should my opinion override that of the majority?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:JDodge, explain why what you are arguing is not a situation of "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't."
If he had just hammered (with an actual reason), then he could deliver a logical explanation and thus not come under suspicion. There is no logical reason beyond self-preservation to wait until he saw people wanted a hammer and then do so.
stream

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:JDodge, explain why what you are arguing is not a situation of "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't."
If he had just hammered (with an actual reason), then he could deliver a logical explanation and thus not come under suspicion. There is no logical reason beyond self-preservation to wait until he saw people wanted a hammer and then do so.
What would your reasons to hammer be?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:

3 people
to call for the hammer.

they asked for it
are
I have been Town before, you realize? And why should anyone end the day without a majority agreeing for a lynch? Why should my opinion override that of the majority?
If you have a good reason to hammer, then hammer already; you can justify it later. You are human. You are fallible. You are likely to be wrong. That should not stop you in the least.

However, when you try to remove self-accountability, that in and of itself is suspicious.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
I saw the clear percieved link between Guardian and Batt. I was certain from Guardian's reaction he was scum. That would've been my reason. Again, human, fallible, wrong, mistakes, etc.
stream

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:

3 people
to call for the hammer.

they asked for it
are
If you have a good reason to hammer, then hammer already; you can justify it later. You are human. You are fallible. You are likely to be wrong. That should not stop you in the least.

However, when you try to remove self-accountability, that in and of itself is suspicious.
Why should the person who happens to not be voting someone be more accountable than the 3 people who are calling for a hammer, but happen to be voting that person?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:

3 people
to call for the hammer.

they asked for it
are

Why should the person who happens to not be voting someone be more accountable than the 3 people who are calling for a hammer, but happen to be voting that person?
You're ignoring my point and arguing the basis surrounding the point.

I am not saying that I am unaccountable. I am not saying that any of us who called for the hammer are any less accountable than you are. I am saying that your waiting until you had that safety net of 3 other people having as much accountability as you is suspicious.
stream

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
I saw the clear percieved link between Guardian and Batt. I was certain from Guardian's reaction he was scum. That would've been my reason. Again, human, fallible, wrong, mistakes, etc.
Excusing yourself from a lynch, etc.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Excusing yourself from a lynch, etc.
YES BECAUSE I AM NEVER WRONG

Get over your selective perception, Flimsy.
stream

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:YES BECAUSE I AM NEVER WRONG

This would appear to be the basis of your mafia play.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:

3 people
to call for the hammer.

they asked for it
are

I am not saying that I am unaccountable. I am not saying that any of us who called for the hammer are any less accountable than you are. I am saying that your waiting until you had that safety net of 3 other people having as much accountability as you is suspicious.
I don't hammer if a majority don't support it, extenuating circumstances aside. Why should my opinion be more important than the majority's?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:

My, your little psyche is full of cognitive biases, isn't it?
stream

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:

3 people
to call for the hammer.

they asked for it
are

I don't hammer if a majority don't support it, extenuating circumstances aside. Why should my opinion be more important than the majority's?
I'm seeing a pattern of a question not being answered.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:

3 people
to call for the hammer.

they asked for it
are

Never said that. Said that you shouldn't hold back on acting on your opinion for fear of being shunned by the majority.
stream

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:

My, your little psyche is full of cognitive biases, isn't it?
Ad hominem, I can't tell if that's a step up or a step down from the norm.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”