Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by SensFan »

Guardian wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Guardian wrote:wait -- also -- SF, what reason did you have to vote me, if any?
2 people were calling for a hammer so I went back and looked at your play thus far. I didn't like you trying to make someone unlynchable, but I thought maybe it was Adel/JDodge scumpair. When Gurgi also called for a hammer, I knew that at least one of them was Town, so I hammered
so one or two townies and one or two scum wanted me hammered... ergo you hammered?

you say you looked at my play -- what if anything was suspicious about it?
I found you suspicious, but not suspicious enough to hammer with potentially only the Scum calling for a lynch. When Gurgi chimed in, I knew there was at least one Town person comfortable with your lynch, so I hammered.

As I said, I really didn't like the whole MOS thing.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Guardian wrote:if you have any questions for me or comments on my analysis of the game please present it now. I feel about 85% confident in it.
I think lynching Sens is better than lynching Adel thanks to Adel's tendency towards gambitting, meaning that any tells on her are less solid.
That sounds like a good excuse to waive off suspicion of Adel.
One scum lynch is worth too. It's playing to confidence instead of playing to likelihood.

Guardian: The issue I have with your Adel theory is that it is based on her information gathering-oriented playstyle. Are you arguing that your lynch will
not
gain us more information than discussing things ad nauseum?
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
Guardian wrote:
SensFan wrote:
2 people were calling for a hammer so I went back and looked at your play thus far. I didn't like you trying to make someone unlynchable, but I thought maybe it was Adel/JDodge scumpair. When Gurgi also called for a hammer, I knew that at least one of them was Town, so I hammered
so one or two townies and one or two scum wanted me hammered... ergo you hammered?

I found you suspicious, but not suspicious enough to hammer with potentially only the Scum calling for a lynch. When Gurgi chimed in, I knew there was at least one Town person comfortable with your lynch, so I hammered.

There were 3 people voting him. Of course there was at least one town person comfortable with the lynch.

Don't get me wrong, the lynch was just what this game needed to get kick-started - but your pretense for hammering is bullshit.
stream

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Guardian wrote:if you have any questions for me or comments on my analysis of the game please present it now. I feel about 85% confident in it.
I think lynching Sens is better than lynching Adel thanks to Adel's tendency towards gambitting, meaning that any tells on her are less solid.
One scum lynch is worth too. It's playing to confidence instead of playing to likelihood.

Guardian: The issue I have with your Adel theory is that it is based on her information gathering-oriented playstyle. Are you arguing that your lynch will
not
Didn't answer my question, try again.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Guardian wrote:
SensFan wrote:

There were 3 people voting him. Of course there was at least one town person comfortable with the lynch.

Don't get me wrong, the lynch was just what this game needed to get kick-started - but your pretense for hammering is bullshit.
This is my general opinion, but with less profanity. Discarding the fear of WIFOM, I don't think he would do this as scum. Unless he does gambit as much as he says he does. Going to have to think about this.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Guardian wrote:
SensFan wrote:

I don't consider a page 1 vote as comfortable with a lynch.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Guardian »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Guardian wrote:
SensFan wrote:

this.

citing evidence that at least one townie supported my lynch is a really, really really bad justificatory thing for my lynch.

id say sensfan is maybe even a better lynch than adel.

it is really really bad to lynch someone just because at least one townie (and possibly two scum!) want it.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Guardian »

well, i guess ive given you some good stuff to think about. peace. I'll not play mafia for a few more months now I guess.
Do not lynch me.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Where is Adel, I want more from her. I've seen the town eat eachother alive before, and we have two people that aren't saying anything.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Guardian wrote:
SensFan wrote:

Because people yelling "LYNCH HIM" on page 1 is somehow more serious?
stream

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by SensFan »

Guardian wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Guardian wrote:
SensFan wrote:

this.

citing evidence that at least one townie supported my lynch is a really, really really bad justificatory thing for my lynch.

id say sensfan is maybe even a better lynch than adel.

it is really really bad to lynch someone just because at least one townie (and possibly two scum!) want it.
Note that that is not my entire justification. I was suspicious of you, as I have now said 3 times.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Guardian wrote:
SensFan wrote:

Because people yelling "LYNCH HIM" on page 1 is somehow more serious?
The tone of the 3 lynch him posts certainly came off as serious. Are you trying to backtrack from your asking for a lynch? Is anyone else claiming they weren't serious?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Guardian »

sensfan -- it wud have been nice to say you were suspicious of me, and why, and let me respond to it -- before hammering.

not doing so is uberscumzie
Do not lynch me.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:When did I ever accuse you?

I asked you why you wanted someone who will come up town to shut up. I never said anything accusatory.
Welcome to mafia, it is a serious accusation to say I wanted to cut off discussion. I wanted to follow the rules, because I thought he had to stop talking.
No. It is not. It is curiosity. You define it as an accusation because:

A. You were expecting something accusatory from me

B. It nicely takes all discussion involving you off of the "why is JD town to you" thing which you decided to waffle on.
I followed that through, I ignored your 'curiosity' because I think it's a load of garbage. Also, JDodge, you're an accusatory person, I read your posts with your aggressive personality in mind.
Selective perception.
Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:

not
Didn't answer my question, try again.
Questions are generally ended with a question mark. Where was your question again?
stream

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by SensFan »

Guardian wrote:sensfan -- it wud have been nice to say you were suspicious of me, and why, and let me respond to it -- before hammering.

Fair enough, though I think everyone on the wagon is just as accountable for the fact you were lynched as I was, since they were all calling for a lynch.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Guardian wrote:sensfan -- it wud have been nice to say you were suspicious of me, and why, and let me respond to it -- before hammering.

I have a problem with this, everyone excluding SensFan and Batt were calling hard for your lynch. Explain why JDodge and myself are not scummy for doing so.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:

Fair enough, though I think everyone on the wagon is just as accountable for the fact you were lynched as I was, since they were all calling for a lynch.
Hello tomorrow's lynch.
stream

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:

Hello tomorrow's lynch.
Hey unilateral decision and planning, now you're tilting scum, good job.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:

Hello tomorrow's lynch.
Had I been voting him and not you, would you have hammered?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by JDodge »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:

Hello tomorrow's lynch.
Hey unilateral decision and planning, now you're tilting scum, good job.
Hi deal with it, bitch.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:

Hello tomorrow's lynch.
Yes, because I'd have thought it a well-reasoned hammer instead of pandering to the masses.

It's Sens-Flimsy. Calling this now.
stream

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:

Hello tomorrow's lynch.
Yes, because I'd have thought it a well-reasoned hammer instead of pandering to the masses.

So I am scummy for doing something that you would have done in my spot, because I waited to see if it would have the approval of at least 1 Town person?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:

Hello tomorrow's lynch.

So I am scummy for doing something that you would have done in my spot, because I waited to see if it would have the approval of at least 1 Town person?
You're scummy for hammering someone on a case you didn't believe in on the basis of pandering to the majority.

If you are by any obscene stretch of the imagination town, you are strictly advised to grow a pair.
stream

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:You're scummy for hammering someone on a case you didn't believe in on the basis of pandering to the majority.
Now see, that's complete bullshit. Do I need to point out the (now 4) times I've said I found him scummy?

More to the point, stop avoiding the question. Why am I scummy for doing something you would have done, but waiting to make sure at least 1 other Town person agrees?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:You're scummy for hammering someone on a case you didn't believe in on the basis of pandering to the majority.
Now see, that's complete bullshit. Do I need to point out the (now 4) times I've said I found him scummy?

More to the point, stop avoiding the question. Why am I scummy for doing something you would have done, but waiting to make sure at least 1 other Town person agrees?
I've answered your question multiple times. You only showed suspicion after the fact, AND only showed enough suspicion to hammer once
you precieved that it was safe to do so, because a majority makeup of the town tomorrow agreed with you.
stream

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”