Soveliss
Townie
Soveliss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Soveliss »

hp [leaves] wrote:/confirm

Are we told the way of killing or we just find/not find dead bodies?
That was his question. For a town player the way of killing shouldn't matter. In this game we know all the roles and the towns task is finding those who are killing.

vote count

popsofctown (3): doc, budja, peter?
doc (2): seraphim, zazier
hp [leaves] (1): wall-e
soveliss (1): popsofctown

not voting: everyone else

note - don't worry about unvoting. I mean you can do it if you want but its not necessary
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

am i wrong in saying that hp's question is so close to null tell it doesn't matter which way it leans?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Soveliss
Soveliss
Townie
Soveliss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Soveliss »

Well it might not be much but it is what we have to go on right now.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Whoa, I leave this thread for one night and it doubles in size. O_o

So, seeing as I haven't contributed much, I think that hp's question is a nulltell. Pursuing it further or, God forbid, using it as grounds for a lynch is questionable and most likely scummy.

But, it's also questionable to use it as grounds to defend him as well. Korts/Doc (whoever the hell you are), Blueheaven...I'm watching you guys.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by sekinj »

scary, dont' you guys have day jobs?

I this hp's question only slightly leans townie. I don't think scum would ask that first off and draw attention to it. However, that is full of wifom, which is why I think it is only slight evidence.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Doc
Doc
Townie
Doc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Doc »

OVERREACTION ALERT

MAN YOUR STATIONS

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Case in point: use of phrase "God forbid" in relation to the as yet unraised possibility of hp getting lynched for that single tell; also, use of comma after "but".

Also, I don't understand the confusion around me. I'm an alt. Live with it. I won't mess up again.
I rock- Doc
Doc
Doc
Townie
Doc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Doc »

EBWOP: my post is directed at Seraphim.
I rock- Doc
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I use commas waaaaay too much. Like, sometimes, it's really ridiculous, how many commas, I use.

Sure, God forbid may be a little too strong of language...but it's true. Sure, let's bring that up later if it suits us but only if there's a much stronger case for hp's lynch. On its own, however, it is a null tell.
Doc
Doc
Townie
Doc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Doc »

Also to be noted: use of "sure" as start of sentence twice in a row. And then there's the fact that my point wasn't at all related to whether hp should be allowed to be lynched on the point held against him.
I rock- Doc
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Seraphim »

...then maybe I missed the entire point of your post.
Doc
Doc
Townie
Doc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Doc »

My point was, noone even mentioned the possibility of lynching hp over that, yet you started arguing against it like it was being considered as a valid option by some players.
I rock- Doc
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by Tenchi »

After that one long discussion regarding his ONE post, his resounding absence makes me suspect him. Smells like scum who wants to let other people argue for him/make their associations.

Vote: HP
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Budja »

I personally think HP's small statement is a null tell.

umm,
vote Soveliss
for declaring HP's statement scummy without reasoning, ...well its better than a random vote anyway :P.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Budja wrote:I personally think HP's small statement is a null tell.
I actually agree, given with what has been said. The thing is, the way he handled this situation does not bode well with me.

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by sekinj »

Tenchi wrote:
Budja wrote:I personally think HP's small statement is a null tell.
I actually agree, given with what has been said. The thing is, the way he handled this situation does not bode well with me.
What are you talking about? he hasn't handeled the situation at all because it has been less than 24 hours since he made the comment!
this goes for everyone - be sure to keep timelines in mind before accusing someone of not responding, or responding poorly.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

unvote

Tenchi, why are you punishing hp for, probably, having a life?

Right now this game confuses me. Most of my games do not confuse me. So, probably, scum has made this game confusing for me, because scum feed off confusion. If i can wade through the bog and figure out who's making this thread so muddly i think i'll be on to something.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

hm, uponst reading this thread again, it seems Tenchi originates most of my confusion. He keeps on asking for explanations to everything, but doesn't seem to actually engage in discussion or disagree with anyone or take an opinion, until this page, when he votes because hp didn't handle the situation well... he sure as heck didn't because he's probably delivering pizzas at his second job, not reading this game at all. (no i do not really know details of hp's life)
vote:tenchi
"Well, I..."
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Well I apologize if I thought that timelines in Mafiascum are faster than they really were.

(Well unless he posts something, or something else comes up, I'm keeping my vote on him)

So yeah, vote me for asking legitimate questions and trying to keep my mouth shut when I have nothing useful to say because it has been already said by someone. I talk too much in most of my games, when in fact I actually try to be helpful which ends up with me being lynched or first killed LOL

*Keeps mouth shut* :)

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You admit that your vote is a mistake based on your misperception of Mafiascum timelines.

Yet you are keeping it?

unvote

vote: tenchi
"Well, I..."
blueheaven
blueheaven
Goon
blueheaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:52 pm

Post by blueheaven »

sekinj wrote:
What are you talking about? he hasn't handeled the situation at all because it has been less than 24 hours since he made the comment!
this goes for everyone - be sure to keep timelines in mind before accusing someone of not responding, or responding poorly.
Well, that is true, but i still wonder where hp is. I hope he posts something soon as he has well posted in other games. On its own, i still think it doesnt brand him as scummy. But if he lurks, its different. Of course, some say WIFOM, but as stated before, it would only end up in a circular argument.

Btw zazier, in post 59, do you mean that your vote on doc isn't a random one?
woot
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:11 am

Post by Budja »

Have patience :P
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:06 am

Post by Tenchi »

popsofctown wrote:You admit that your vote is a mistake based on your misperception of Mafiascum timelines.

Yet you are keeping it?

unvote

vote: tenchi
YES.
Have patience

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:29 am

Post by ZazieR »

It was a random vote. Afterwards I read the whole game again and started to make this part of the discussion. Your's and Doc's responces about hp post stood out.
Soveliss wrote:As town it is our task to lynch those that are killing so it makes no difference if its a mafia kill or wolf kill.
And why would the mafia or the wolfes want to know this?
Seraphim wrote:Pursuing it further or, God forbid, using it as grounds for a lynch is questionable and most likely scummy.
Don't agree with this. The discussion we're having now is based upon hp's question. And why is it scummy to pursue it?
Sekinj wrote:scary, dont' you guys have day jobs?
I'm from a different time zone :D. Your last post was made at 1.31 am ;).
Tenchi wrote:After that one long discussion regarding his ONE post, his resounding absence makes me suspect him. Smells like scum who wants to let other people argue for him/make their associations.

Vote: HP
Don't like this.
FoS Tenchi

Tenchi, you're thoughts about the sides of the hp question please.
Ignore the ''R''
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:08 am

Post by Tenchi »

It's there scattered in the thread but if you ask nicely I can summarize it for you:

I initially thought it was slightly pro-town.

Wall-E disagreed and then Doc seconded it. What really poked my curiosity was how easy it was for Doc to drop defense for HP, since I shared the same opinion as he did. With that, I decided to ask him a few questions, hoping he can make me understand what Wall-E's point was and hoping I'd get information on what he really thinks on the issue. I think I succeeded on that. And what I think about it? I think it was a dissociation from HP. But I'm not really sure, that's why I didn't even put an FoS on Doc and just let the issue be. I didn't think it was THAT big, that's why I didn't even bother to say anything about it. Why am I saying it now, because I don't see any reason to keep that suspicion to myself. At least you guys know where I stand, though at the same time I try not to rock the boat unnecessarily.

Now, I now think THE CONTENT OF THE POST it's a null-tell because Wall-E's and Doc's original argument just counter each other. Both scum and town have reasons to ask the question. Now for the argument of BH that scum would be more cautious and would ask via PM instead of posting is WIFOM, especially that it was said that HP was a seasoned player (according to BH that is). Look how good it's working.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Tenchi »

ZazieR wrote:It was a random vote. Afterwards I read the whole game again and started to make this part of the discussion. Your's and Doc's responces about hp post stood out.
Soveliss wrote:As town it is our task to lynch those that are killing so it makes no difference if its a mafia kill or wolf kill.
And why would the mafia or the wolfes want to know this?
Wall-E said it first: In the event that the MO is not revealed, all scum can can distance themselves from their group kill easily as compared to when they have mafia/warewolf tracks all over it.

Now that I think about it, I can't seem to think of an easy example for this argument... although I still think it is a valid counter to my initial reaction.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”