charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:16 am

Post by charter »

farside22, Darox, neko2086 have been prodded.
After three prods you get replaced, so keep posting!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:42 am

Post by farside22 »

charter wrote:farside22, Darox, neko2086 have been prodded.
After three prods you get replaced, so keep posting!
No offense but my last post was 48 hours ago. Your front page says every 72 hours. If you are expecting 48 hours then you can replace me as weekends are usually nuts for me.

Tajo: Your gut is all you have in these game?
meh I think tajo could be town I just feel like giving him a hard time. I'm not getting anything from Darox which is normal but he isn't even his usual joking self. Just something to ponder.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Sorry, not a lot of access for a couple weeks, especially the next few days.

Crazy, thanks for clarifying.

So, an
unvote
is overdue. Ortolan worries me the most so far. His defensiveness when being interrogated, and his threats to vote people for continuing to question him aren't sitting well with me. Also, I'm not sure I buy that his vote for Darox was a joke. It wasn't clear at all that it was a joke, and if it was, it really wasn't all that funny... it looks more like a cover to me at the moment.

vote: Ortolan
In Tartiflette We Trust
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by ortolan »

populartajo wrote:Farside is more gut than anything. And I think you are town because I dont think it would be a good play to be that confrontional this early. Also I think its either more probable that you are town defending with so-so reasoning than scum winning negative attention. Either that or you are agressive scum. How would you consider yourself?
I will have to go with the "not-scum" option in light of my role pm.
neko2086 wrote:So, an
unvote
is overdue. Ortolan worries me the most so far. His defensiveness when being interrogated, and his threats to vote people for continuing to question him aren't sitting well with me. Also, I'm not sure I buy that his vote for Darox was a joke. It wasn't clear at all that it was a joke, and if it was, it really wasn't all that funny... it looks more like a cover to me at the moment.
Questions for you:

What about my response to reactions to my setup questions reads as defensive, and by extension scummy?

What made you think the content of my Post 30 was not a joke, and by extension how is this scummy?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:46 am

Post by populartajo »

Charter: Prob V/LA since today until after Christmas, maybe more.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:46 am

Post by neko2086 »

What about my response to reactions to my setup questions reads as defensive, and by extension scummy?
mmm I'm pretty sure I just said why. Do you remember threatening to vote people for questioning you? Yeah, that's not very pro-town. We need to question people on everything, even the little things (especially on D1), because that's the only chance we have of flushing out the scum.
What made you think the content of my Post 30 was not a joke, and by extension how is this scummy?
lol. The part where you voted darox for being the lyncher after you had already made your joke random vote on yourself. Lynching the lyncher doesn't really help anyone but the scum.

I will admit though, I tend to be dense when it comes to jokes over the internet (because, in case nobody has told you yet, sarcasm doesn't translate well), so I'd really like to know if anyone else thought your darox-vote was a joke.

pop, do you play by the assumption that the scum aren't going to make mistakes? I'm just trying to get a feel for why you think ortolan is more likely town just because he'd be playing badly if he were scum... Also, now that ortolan answered your question to him, I realize that it was kinda a weird question to ask. What were you hoping to accomplish?
In Tartiflette We Trust
TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:51 am

Post by TehVariable »

I apologize...I really can't get into this game. I think it would be best if I indeed replaced. I'm sorry about committing where I couldn't really follow up. I'll try to be more careful in the future.

So...
Mod, sorry...but could I be replaced?
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:13 am

Post by neko2086 »

boooooo. It's just getting good.

Mod:
, considering the holiday season, I request that posting requirements be temporarily lifted. Like pop, I will likely not be posting the next couple of days, and I'm just guessing that others will be in a similar boat.
In Tartiflette We Trust
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:26 am

Post by farside22 »

I should be okay for Christmas even. However Christmas day I don't expect to be around.
Also I would like the mod to note weekends as always busy for me in the future.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:48 am

Post by charter »

TehVariable wrote:So...
Mod, sorry...but could I be replaced?
Yes, looking now.

Also, there won't be any prods until after new years. Try and keep posting as much as you guys can but don't worry if you're not going to be able to.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:48 am

Post by charter »

farside22 wrote:I should be okay for Christmas even. However Christmas day I don't expect to be around.
Also I would like the mod to note weekends as always busy for me in the future.
Noted.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Darox »

I should have mentioned my limited access status.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by Crazy »

On second thought, it is actually beneficial for scum to call someone else as a likely lyncher target, not to discredit their arguments, but to make them a nonviable lynch target, in the case that they were their scum-partner.

What do you think of that, ortolan? As I see it, someone that says "Player X is the lyncher" is more likely scum defending their scum-partner rather than scum trying to discredit all of a townie's arguments.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:28 am

Post by ortolan »

Crazy wrote:What do you think of that, ortolan? As I see it, someone that says "Player X is the lyncher" is more likely scum defending their scum-partner rather than scum trying to discredit all of a townie's arguments.
Crazy wrote:Ortolan is obviously the lyncher anyway; all we have to do is not lynch who he says we should.
Hi, there, scumpartner. Oh and hi there, Darox, you are also my scumpartner because I said the same thing to you (albeit jokingly, depending on whether you are talking to me or neko).
neko wrote:Do you remember threatening to vote people for questioning you? Yeah, that's not very pro-town.
I interpreted there as being implied suspicion in the questions. I did not think this suspicion was justified, thus I thought it likely to come from scum sources. In light of posts like populartajo's Post 80 I've considered I possibly misinterpreted the intent of the questions, however.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:23 am

Post by farside22 »

Crazy wrote:On second thought, it is actually beneficial for scum to call someone else as a likely lyncher target, not to discredit their arguments, but to make them a nonviable lynch target, in the case that they were their scum-partner.

What do you think of that, ortolan? As I see it, someone that says "Player X is the lyncher" is more likely scum defending their scum-partner rather than scum trying to discredit all of a townie's arguments.
I think my head hurts with that type of logic.
I could see the mafia trying to figure out who the lyncher is as if the lyncher wins they lose. They may and try and figure out who the lynchers target is so they try and stay away from the lynch so they don't lose. It's a precarious position I just realized as typically mafia like to get anyone but there scum buddy lynched, but now have to worry about a lyncher who could win the game.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by Crazy »

ortolan wrote:Hi, there, scumpartner.
That original comment was a joke, btw. And besides, I'm not saying that people calling someone the lyncher might still be honesthearted town (or scum); just that's another option. Still, I don't see the possibility of scum accusing townies of being the lyncher to discredit their arguments as very probable.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:09 am

Post by ortolan »

That original comment was a joke, btw.
neko may disagree.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:50 pm

Post by ortolan »

Crazy, fyi I interpreted Post 113 as implying Darox and I are mafia and I was defending my scumbuddy by suggesting he was the lyncher. I was pointing out the fact you originally said I was the lyncher, interpreted with the same argument then also implies you are my scumbuddy and were defending me. Your original comment was a joke, but you'll see I said my comment about Darox was a joke also, so they are perfectly equivalent.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:25 am

Post by farside22 »

I get what crazy is saying I just don't see that as what happened. This type of game feels more like something where scum will hide under the radar to figure things out.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Crazy »

farside22 wrote:I get what crazy is saying I just don't see that as what happened. This type of game feels more like something where scum will hide under the radar to figure things out.
Like Darox, you mean?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by Darox »

Did a reread.

Vote: ortolan

This vote has reasons.
The reasons being ortolan is mafia.
I can't tell if he's the godfather or not, but even if he isn't a goon is definitely better than a townie or a lyncher.

Also, I think Crazy is the lyncher, but I wouldn't put money on it yet.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by ortolan »

It's hard to argue with that logic...

Because you didn't provide any

Vote: Darox
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by ortolan »

EBWOP:
Unvote

Vote: Darox

I just realised you put me at L-1, including my own self-vote, with no reasoning. At least neko (barely) made an attempt to give justification for voting for me. How very scummy of you.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by Crazy »

Unvote

L-1's not necessary. I'll give Darox the benefit of the doubt and assume he has logic that he'll post soon.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”