Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:56 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EmpTyger wrote:The ultimatum is because we are under a deadline situation and I see no advantage in waiting. Why do you think an unhelpful player should be tolerated?
I don't think unhelpful players should be tolerated, but I don't like the concept of an ultimatum in Mafia either. I buy your defense for the ultimatum, however, so I will
unvote
you. I'll look at reactions when I check on my other games.

-----

Vote Count:

ZazieR
(1) - yorgi
mrfixij
(0)
chenhsi
(0)
yorgi
(0)
EmpTyger
(3) - chenhsi, Zakeri, Caboose
afatchic
(0)
BlondeSoWut
(2) - ZazieR, Appassionata
StrangerCoug
(1) - BlondeSoWut
Appassionata
(0)
Zakeri
(0)
Caboose
(1) - mrfixij
Natirasha
(2) - Natirasha, afatchic

Not voting
(2) - EmpTyger, StrangerCoug

With 12 players alive, 7 votes will achieve a lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is January 3.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
yorgi
yorgi
Goon
yorgi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:34 am

Post by yorgi »

I proposed that a plan be considered which could, in your estimation, immediately narrow the list of potential mafia from 12 to 9. How is that not scumhunting? Who do you see as doing more scumhunting than me?
Why do we need to do this now? Isn't scum hunting more important then outing power roles? How does not taking 3 people out of the lime light help us find scum faster? What it does do is give scum targets to role block and kill first.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:10 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, looking at this EmpTyger/Natirasha deal again, I'm still looking at EmpTyger, but for the massclaim suggestion instead of the ultimatum. As I said, I see why EmpTyger's is going after Natirasha, and I'm not liking Nat either. I'm pretty sure at least one of these two people is scum at this point, but page 3 is too early to say anything definitive.

FoS: Natirasha and EmpTyger

BlondeSoWut
BlondeSoWut
Townie
BlondeSoWut
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:19 am

Post by BlondeSoWut »

Unvote, Vote Appassionata.
Show
Hey!!!

"Blondesowut is one of the worst internet trolls I have ever encountered."-Thestatusquo

"Hey Fritzler get another troll. This is mine."-populartajo

"BlondeSoWut is the cancer that is killling MS "-Alabaska J
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:27 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

BlondeSoWut wrote:
Unvote, Vote Appassionata.
Any particular reason? We're clearly out of random voting.

mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:45 am

Post by mrfixij »

Stranger, any particular reason for the double FOS while you have a vote available to be cast?
Also answer to 'e, it, scumbag, 'ey you!, and his royal towniness.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:59 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Not sure which one's really scummier than the other, but I'm leaning EmpTyger at the moment.

...Ah, what the hell.
Vote: EmpTyger
again.

Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Natirasha »

EmpTyger, you are voting someone for something they haven't done. I've had 4 posts in this game. One, of course, is my self-vote which I do in every game. The second and third are content. This is my fourth. So, can you present to me some of this "anti-town behavior"?

Additionally, I find your "We're under strict deadline" speech to be a false dilemma. We have a month. That's more than enough time to get a lynch in a open game. Heck, I've finished open games in half that time.

unvote, vote: Emptyger
as a matter of principle.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:59 am

Post by afatchic »

So that puts emptyger at L-2 on page 3 based on a matter of principle.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
yorgi
yorgi
Goon
yorgi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by yorgi »

afatchic wrote:So that puts emptyger at L-2 on page 3 based on a matter of principle.
I thought Nat was the only person to put a vote on principle.
FOS: Nat
Principle is not vote worry.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Hmm... this is interesting.

I disagree with mass claiming, although I don't mind claiming if people want me to.
I lost the game.
Appassionata
Appassionata
Townie
Appassionata
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by Appassionata »

I don't see the purpose of massclaiming at all.

I think it just seems to give the mafia a target after, and a 2/3 chance of stopping the vigilante.

Blondesowut-Why the vote?
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Zakeri »

The thing about the Massclaim is that it truely is a good idea. The problem however is that the long term effects begin weighing on the Mafia's side, while the shortterm effects weigh heavily on the town's side. Since this is an open set-up and we know how long we have until lylo, I propose that we do not utilize the plan until the day before lylo, to get maximized results from this while preventing the Mafia from confuse-lynching us.

Also, Question for the Mod:
Will you be posting who got shot by the blanks as well as posting who died?
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Appassionata wrote:I don't see the purpose of massclaiming at all.

I think it just seems to give the mafia a target after, and a 2/3 chance of stopping the vigilante.
If we have 4 claimed vigs, one is scum.
If we have 3 claimed vigs, the roleblocker acts as a doc-cop to the other 9 players.
If we have more than 4 claimed vigs, we essentially win the game because the mafia is retarded.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:36 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

chenhsi:
You placed a vote on me during the random stage: fine. But you’ve left it there without comment while ignoring some topics that are certainly more pertinent to my alignment. That’s a problem.

Likewise, you are being extremely non-committal regarding the massclaim: you “disagree” without reasoning but won’t argue against it if others support it. If you think it’s a bad idea, why would you go along with it?

Well, you don’t have to worry about me not voting yet any longer. I think I am ready.
Vote: chenhsi

SC:
StrangerCoug [52] wrote:OK, looking at this EmpTyger/Natirasha deal again, I'm still looking at EmpTyger, but for the massclaim suggestion instead of the ultimatum. As I said, I see why EmpTyger's is going after Natirasha, and I'm not liking Nat either. I'm pretty sure at least one of these two people is scum at this point, but page 3 is too early to say anything definitive.
Why did you eliminate the possibility that we are both innocent? And, specifically, what are you finding suspicious about my suggestion?
StrangerCoug [50] wrote:<snip>
I'll look at reactions when I check on my other games.
Did you find anything?

Appassionata:
Appassionata [61] wrote:I don't see the purpose of massclaiming at all.

<snip>
Which would you rather have: a cop who was guaranteed to get 3 results, or a vigilante with a drawback? That’s the purpose- that’s the worst case scenario.

And even then, the downside of the real vigilante being more exposed is offset by the fact that if the mafia try to chase the real vigilante, then they are not going after a more useful role, the roleblocker.

yorgi:
yorgi [51] wrote:Why do we need to do this now? Isn't scum hunting more important then outing power roles?
Firstly, yes, we’d be doing is saying that there are 1 power role in 3 and 1 in 6 instead of 2 in 9. That’s hardly “outing power roles”. The reason to do this now is to gain a potential advantage of forcing the mafia to claim before they have coordinated a claiming strategy, while gaining information which makes it easier to find mafia.
Secondly, this is not either/or. A massclaim of this type is not mutually exclusive with finding mafia- and indeed, I’d say that who argues for and against- and how- to this proposal will be quite useful in that regard.
yorgi [cont] wrote:How does not taking 3 people out of the lime light help us find scum faster?
Um, I’m arguing that it does. It’s faster to find mafia in a set of 9 than a set of 12.
yorgi [cont] wrote:What it does do is give scum targets to role block and kill first.
It makes it easier for them to find the realvig, and harder to find the roleblocker.

Zakeri:
I want to think more about [62].

Natirasha:
Natirasha [57] wrote:EmpTyger, you are voting someone for something they haven't done.
Um, I haven’t voted you. So, don’t talk about “something they haven’t done”.
Natirasha [cont] wrote:I've had 4 posts in this game. One, of course, is my self-vote which I do in every game. The second and third are content. This is my fourth. So, can you present to me some of this "anti-town behavior"?
(Post [57] is actually your fifth post)
1) Post [27] is the self voting. I’ve already explained how this is deliberately not helping the town. The fact that you do it in every game is immaterial.
2) Post [32] is “Actually, I'm making it my thing to claim serial killer in any massclaim situations from now on.”
3) Post [43] is asking if I was serious.
Post [43] also supported a mass-vig claim, which might have been considered helpful…
4) …had Post [45] not clarified that you were not basing this on any type of evaluation.

Now, your *sixth* [63] post does indicated that you’ve actually put thought into an aspect of this game which would help the town. Which, for the purposes of my ultimatum, I find satisfactory for now. I won’t hesitate to switch back to you if your play fails.
Natirasha [57, cont] wrote:Additionally, I find your "We're under strict deadline" speech to be a false dilemma. We have a month. That's more than enough time to get a lynch in a open game.
Maybe, if the players are inclined to. However, I am very sure you’ve also been in games when the players don’t. Games in which the playesr, I don’t know , “get bored”, perhaps?
Natirasha [cont] wrote:
unvote, vote: Emptyger
as a matter of principle.
That principle being? (I’m going to regret asking this, won’t I.)
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:36 am

Post by Natirasha »

EmpTyger wrote:

Um, I haven’t voted you. So, don’t talk about “something they haven’t done”.
Oh, well...
unvote
then. You can tell I didn't pay attention.
(Post [57] is actually your fifth post)
1) Post [27] is the self voting. I’ve already explained how this is deliberately not helping the town. The fact that you do it in every game is immaterial.
2) Post [32] is “Actually, I'm making it my thing to claim serial killer in any massclaim situations from now on.”
3) Post [43] is asking if I was serious.
Post [43] also supported a mass-vig claim, which might have been considered helpful…
4) …had Post [45] not clarified that you were not basing this on any type of evaluation.

Now, your *sixth* [63] post does indicated that you’ve actually put thought into an aspect of this game which would help the town. Which, for the purposes of my ultimatum, I find satisfactory for now. I won’t hesitate to switch back to you if your play fails.
Ok, then.

[quote="Natirasha]
Maybe, if the players are inclined to. However, I am very sure you’ve also been in games when the players don’t. Games in which the playesr, I don’t know , “get bored”, perhaps?[/quote]Theres a big difference between my play in Open games and Mini Themes. In open games, I am highly more likely to take risks, and post more simply because they are faster and generally take a different thought process that mini themes. And the game you were talking about, I was vanilla. I stop paying attention in games when I'm vanilla. I focus on the more-interesting ones.
That principle being? (I’m going to regret asking this, won’t I.)
I'm not sure myself.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Caboose »

Unvote

I can see Emp's reasoning behind a vig claim. It would narrow the list to 9 suspects who the RB can investigate/block.
It's still not a good idea in the long run, but Emp proposing it isn't scummy.
BSW wrote:Unvote, Vote Appassionata.
Reason, please?
Emp wrote:This is an open setup. What’s your reasoning here? Why shouldn’t a massclaim be considered?
I'm just not a fan of massclaim in general. It kind of takes the fun and skill out of the game.

Something that I find odd:
mrfix wrote:Stranger, any particular reason for the double FOS while you have a vote available to be cast?
SC in the post right after wrote:Not sure which one's really scummier than the other, but I'm leaning EmpTyger at the moment.

...Ah, what the hell. Vote: EmpTyger again.

So, you only place a vote right
after
someone calls you down on it? That's kind of weird to me and it kind of looks like scum cracking under pressure. Plus, the vote looks hastily placed.

Vote: StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:50 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EmpTyger wrote:SC:
StrangerCoug [52] wrote:OK, looking at this EmpTyger/Natirasha deal again, I'm still looking at EmpTyger, but for the massclaim suggestion instead of the ultimatum. As I said, I see why EmpTyger's is going after Natirasha, and I'm not liking Nat either. I'm pretty sure at least one of these two people is scum at this point, but page 3 is too early to say anything definitive.
Why did you eliminate the possibility that we are both innocent?

When two people are pretty high on my scum list, them both being innocent is simply not something I think about. I know that I could be completely wrong, and I may find people more suspicious than you two, but that's my current stance.
EmpTyger wrote:And, specifically, what are you finding suspicious about my suggestion?
It's already been addressed, so I didn't talk about it, but since you asked so nicely, I will: A vig massclaim supports the Mafia more than the town. To massclaim vig/not vig means that it takes at most two nights to completely shut down the vig. The first night, the mafia roleblocks one claimed vig and kills another. If the town gets a nightkill, the roleblocked vig has to be one of the two shooting blanks, so the best roleblocking target is the vig that the Mafia didn't do anything to the previous night.
EmpTyger wrote:
StrangerCoug [50] wrote:<snip>
I'll look at reactions when I check on my other games.
Did you find anything?
Most people seem to be going pro-town about it.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:52 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP due to crosspost: Caboose, I'll address your case when I get back home. Have to look at apartments now.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, as promised, here's my response to Caboose:
Caboose wrote:Something that I find odd:
mrfix wrote:Stranger, any particular reason for the double FOS while you have a vote available to be cast?
SC in the post right after wrote:Not sure which one's really scummier than the other, but I'm leaning EmpTyger at the moment.

...Ah, what the hell. Vote: EmpTyger again.

So, you only place a vote right
after
someone calls you down on it? That's kind of weird to me and it kind of looks like scum cracking under pressure. Plus, the vote looks hastily placed.

Vote: StrangerCoug
I didn't want to revote EmpTyger so soon after unvoting him, but given my vote on him was for the ultimatum against Natirasha and he explained why he felt it necessary, I removed my vote. I had nothing new to contribute to his massclaim idea, which is why I didn't originally addressed it. Yes, I revoted in response to mrfixij, but that was because I realized that I should have taken his massclaim suggestion into account before unvoting, which I failed to do.

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Crazy »

Zakeri wrote:Also, Question for the Mod:
Will you be posting who got shot by the blanks as well as posting who died?
No. I will only give the name(s) of the player(s) that died overnight. Also, kills from the Compulsive Vig and kills from the Mafia will be indistinguishable.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:38 pm

Post by Zakeri »

I see. In that case, we are much much more susceptible to fakeclaims from the Mafia, meaning it would be terrible to do this during lylo. I propose that we follow Emptyger's plan once we lose 4 townies due to misvigging and mislynching.

Unvote: Emptyger
Since his idea is generally non-scummy, only the implication that it would help us now is. We should start by placing our votes on more unhelpful people.

Vote Natirasha
since he's already claimed to refuse to be of any help during the plan's activation, if not the entirety of the game.
Now, we’re in a strict deadline situation, so, let’s skip the unhelpful timewasting banter and cut right to the chase. Yes, I am familiar with your so-called meta. It is irrelevant. The town cannot win if it tolerates antitown behavior. [...] This isn’t personal. This has nothing to do with your pattern of behavior. (Except perhaps so far as my lack of patience in dealing with you). This is solely about this game- and how in this game you are so far not helping the town. And if you don’t help the town, I will vote you.
Up until now, I've tolerated anti-town behavior because I felt I could tell when it was just being unhelpful, and when it was being used against me, but after a few excursions on other sites, I've learned there is no difference between the two.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:44 am

Post by Caboose »

SC wrote:I didn't want to revote EmpTyger so soon after unvoting him, but given my vote on him was for the ultimatum against Natirasha and he explained why he felt it necessary, I removed my vote. I had nothing new to contribute to his massclaim idea, which is why I didn't originally addressed it. Yes, I revoted in response to mrfixij, but that was because I realized that I should have taken his massclaim suggestion into account before unvoting, which I failed to do.
Why is Emp's suggestion of vig claim scummy?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:06 am

Post by Natirasha »

Zakeri wrote:
Vote Natirasha
since he's already claimed to refuse to be of any help during the plan's activation, if not the entirety of the game.
Where did I ever say this?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:13 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Caboose wrote:
SC wrote:I didn't want to revote EmpTyger so soon after unvoting him, but given my vote on him was for the ultimatum against Natirasha and he explained why he felt it necessary, I removed my vote. I had nothing new to contribute to his massclaim idea, which is why I didn't originally addressed it. Yes, I revoted in response to mrfixij, but that was because I realized that I should have taken his massclaim suggestion into account before unvoting, which I failed to do.
Why is Emp's suggestion of vig claim scummy?
I answered this already. Post #67.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”