Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #56 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:35 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 54, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 52, northsidegal wrote:VOTE: xreckoner

i'm leaning towards nos as town so far.
Uh. Why?
I call dibs on answering this after north does, it might be a dumb reason but I've got a reason to townread nos.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #86 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 83, northsidegal wrote:
In post 56, Gammagooey wrote:I call dibs on answering this after north does, it might be a dumb reason but I've got a reason to townread nos.
why wait, by the way?
b/c I thought given that it was on page 2 we prob had very similar reasons for townreading him and me saying that I townread him for *reason* and you saying you basically agree with me is useless for actually reading you

nos is basically my only townread so far b/c saying that RC spamposting is scummy and then backing it up to people with shitposting feels a lot more likely to come from town than scum. it's possible to be just a personality-tell but annoying the spamposter of the game who seems to want to lynch everyone voting for him seems like a pretty garbage strategy to start the game with as scum.
In post 85, RadiantCowbells wrote:Someone l1 me please
no
VOTE: Cakez
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #87 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

oh also this i guess

Gachapon vote: Nos
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #112 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:03 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 99, Shoshin wrote:Also, I disagree with NSG that Nos feels town (what's "natural" about calling RC scummy and then doubling down with shitposting?), and I don't see where Gamma got the idea that Nos scumread RC for spamposting nor do I see how his logic makes any sense?
he's not scumreading RC for spamposting as far as I can tell

RC was spamposting early on (or at least had the most posts in the game at the time with content that I think was meaningless) and Nos trying to irritate that type of player early just seems dumb to do as scum.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #115 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:26 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 89, Kokichi Oma wrote:What does everyone think about my gacha idea of tying?
i don't really care about it

if the votes for gachapon are close and I have townreads on the two people that might tie then I prob won't push for one to definitely win over the other I guess

you might also wanna confirm with the mod that the tie-winner doesn't get announced in thread at the end of the day tho.
In post 114, Shoshin wrote:
In post 112, Gammagooey wrote:Nos trying to irritate that type of player early just seems dumb to do as scum.
Why would that be dumb? And why are you assuming RC's town?

If anything, irritating town RC to the point of self-destruction is pro-scum.
Irritate RC->RC pushes for Nos's lynch regardless of RC's alignment (from my playing with RC at least I don't see any reason why RC wouldn't bus a scumpartner that was annoying him) ->???->scum benefit for Nos-scum

seems dumb for scum to do. like yes this is not the holy grail of townreading someone but I did say it was kind of a dumb reason.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #183 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:32 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Gachapon vote: Shoshin

In post 144, Shoshin wrote:Creature's town. I will never lynch him and I will death tunnel anyone who tries. I do not want him self-destructing this game so please do not start wagoning that player, even suggesting he's scummy is bad for this game.
what makes you feel this way? every game I've played with him (granted, the only two I remember were wacky bullshit games) he's been a competent player who hasn't lost his shit about nothing like that

And it seems like this might actually be a chill game so saying that even suggesting he's scummy is bad seems really dumb to me.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #185 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Gammagooey »

ur face has some strange juxtapositions
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #189 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 187, Shoshin wrote:It's a curious juxtaposition, for sure.

Gamma, what's your read on Creature?
scummy side of null

he definitely hasn't done anything worth townreading yet
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #199 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:01 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 196, Shoshin wrote:Creature is town beyond reasonable doubt. Take a look at (questioning a townread on himself isn't how scum Creature would react), (progressing naturally from the confusion in 23), (exhibiting a conversational tone, lots of ease, no awkwardness, not at all like scum Creature), (posing an excellent question that probably wouldn't occur to scum Creature at this point in the game), and (expressing conviction in early vote, very unlike scum Creature). If Creature were scum, in contrast, he'd likely have expressed an early townread with a tone of awkwardness while acting with no conviction about anything and exhibiting nothing close to any sort of progression in his thinking.

@Gamma - how is any of this on the "scummy side of null"?
literally all of it except arguably #77 seems more likely to me to be coming from Creature as a human being/personality rather than Creature as <alignment>

like #35 is just a different wording of 'oh i get that townread now' and I don't even know which one
#23 is reacting to three separate townreads of yours, not just the one on him and makes 1000% sense coming from any alignment
#71 is a one-line joke post
#73 is asking what happened to a player

Like you've got a gut-town read on Creature sure but it feels like you're pulling out a lot of reasons from literally nothing to support it here, Creature's a good player as both alignments from what I've seen and good scumplayers can make and/all of those posts.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #414 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:33 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm going to go over the varsoon stuff again later today because I don't really understand why people are scumreading him and a lot of the conversation around him but aside from that I feel like I've got a pretty decent handle on the game

@Shoshin - I'm giving Creature credit for having a decent scumgame because he and Papa Zito and Spiffeh smoked everyone in Transformers Mafia and from memory his earlygame there felt similar to the earlygame here of poking at a few things/people but really not doing a lot of substance.

VOTE: Porkens

Like his best post so far is #113 which is fine but not amazing and everything else feels between null and bad, and given the amount of people scumreading him to some extent it feels like we can make a real actual wagon happen even though nobody else is actually voting him right now.

Koki feels guttown to me too btw
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #516 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

so varsoon having a weird-ass read on reck seems well within what he could do as either alignment and I feel like half of the last like 8 pages has just been people spiraling off of that into deeper and deeper quoteholes with him and whoever he's arguing with scumreading each other. varsoon had a pretty good point deep in there about RC playing dishonestly given RC's posts saying that varsoon was townreading him when he never did and this 'reasonable dude vs horrible assholes' thing
In post 399, RadiantCowbells wrote:I know what you're trying to do trying to portray yourself as the reasonable dude versus us being horrible assholes and not engaging with your play but you just obvscummed and are getting lynched for it.

I'm reading your posts, I just have nothing to say back to them because they're all scummy.
being a reach with koki+RC's comments on varsoon earlier that page, and I feel like RC plays enough games on-site to get that Varsoon has some really weird reads sometimes as town and that he definitely isn't just obvscum for it. and varsoon's tone at least feels fine and the few things that ping me in his iso so far are super minor for someone who just posted like 20+ times in a day, I don't want to wagon him at the moment.

Tbf given that RC's getting replaced by someone who likely doesn't enjoy stuffing their head up their own ass to enjoy the ambiance though the only wagons I'd be thrilled to see get going atm are Porkens and Creature I think - pretty much everyone else is here and doing shit and nothing anyone here is doing feels strongly more likely to be coming from scum than town yet.

@Shoshin - are you townreading reck for anything aside from you scumreading Varsoon? if so what exactly please.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #517 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

also, I'll be around tomorrow but I'll be
V/LA Saturday and Sunday
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #529 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:11 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@Creature - why nsg over Porkens? Her more recent posts about RC and discussing her reck scumread felt more likely to be coming from town to me.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #531 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:14 am

Post by Gammagooey »

okay better question

why do you think nsg is scum?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #568 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@koki & RC - why do you think NSG is likely scum here? Cause her reads and posts that she's made so far seem perfectly fine to me, the only real complaint I'd have about her is that she doesn't seem as aggressive about her reads as she was in the one town game I've seen her in but I think that makes sense given that game was a large and this is a mini that just started this week.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #571 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

not personally I don't think, reck vs pie in face-to-face mafia is pretty magical though

if you're confident enough to basically declare "If I'm wrong about this I'm scum and you should lynch me" then I can mayyybe deal with it but otherwise I'd much rather see you actually try to explain it through whatever combination of gut feeling descriptions and playstyle quirks that you can.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #757 (isolation #17) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:57 am

Post by Gammagooey »

RC I need to talk at you about you and reck for a minute.

first, I absolutely guarantee you that him telling you to fuck yourself and replacing out, and him initially voteparking you and leaving it there for at least a bit isn't alignment indicative for him. Regardless of his alignment, he believes with all of his heart that you're being shitty and making the game miserable for him, and for the most part I agree with him. this post and saying that you offered him 'diplomatic immunity' for him being in a hurricane that only applies if he's not scumreading or voting you are really petty, shitty things to say.
In post 703, RadiantCowbells wrote:compare him in this game to team mafia or the aforementioned large theme and they are night and day, and don't blame the hurricane because he's engaged with stuff, he's just chosen to engage in the worst possible way.
And I may not share Reck's dislike of you as a person given that I've met you and you're fine in real life but I do hate your playstyle in forum games too. You absolutely made shit up about Varsoon earlier in the game to push on him. Your votes seem more focused on who's attacking you or has been calling you out recently instead of who you seem to think is most likely to actually flip scum. And despite all that being fucking awful I still don't think it makes you particularly likely scum, because I think you're the type of person to say shit like that to try to lynch someone that you think is scum and more importantly is pushing on you without checking to see if if it's actually true.
In post 719, RadiantCowbells wrote:Skitter, Reckoner came in this game threatening to policy Lynch me because of another game and replaced out because I had the audacity to call him out for it despite his RL situation.
This is also enormously fucking hypocritical given your attempted replace out

Like, I think reck is more likely to be town than not here, and yes, I could be wrong about that, but if you legitimately think you tried to be "extremely careful" with how you talked to reck as you said earlier than I really think you should reconsider how you play mafia on this site, because it feels like you treat most people who don't agree with what you're trying to say/do in games like dirt instead of trying to have actual, human conversations with them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on vacation for most of today - I'm grabbing breakfast in a bit and I'll have maybe an hour after to respond to things or talk to people, so if you've got any specific questions about my reads then go for it, otherwise I'll probably just go into more detail on the game on monday. I still think that Porkens is the most likely scum in the game and his bouncing around on his votes and RC read doesn't seem like it has any actual thought behind it.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #826 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I know I haven't done much since the varsoon-posting explosion like Thursday so I'm going to try to explain some of my reads so far a bit better now and then catch up with what's happened since yesterday a bit later tonight.

Shoshin's my strongest townread in the game and I think most people can see why - she's felt really genuine with how she's been pushing on and reading people through the game so far. Her early 100% creature townread I still think she's basically delusional for making and assuming that people don't have jumps in how good/bad their scumgames are and that creature couldn't possibly have posted what he did as scum, but that type of confidence and actively pushing for getting who she thinks is scum lynched comes from town 99% of the time and is made even more of a towntell for her specifically given that she's a relatively new player on MS.

Creature I still don't think should be townread nearly as confidently as he is by a lot of people in the game given how one-linery and contentless his play has been for the most part, but his more recent posting with changing his vote to porkens and poking at cakez and irrelephant did feel right with how the game had been progressing at the time he posted them. I'd love to see a few townreads with reasons from him b/c I don't see why he's townreading the people he's mentioned and they felt like kind of earlygame throwaway reads to me, but I don't want him to be a major wagon today anymore as long as he doesn't disappear as the game gets closer to deadline.

Porkens it feels like is just scum who hasn't bothered putting any effort to read the game or fake reads at all, and the fact that half the game seems to be fine calling him scum but not bothering to vote him throughout the day really doesn't make sense to me. Cakez has felt like possible scum mentioning him early and waiting to vote him for a bit, and then jumping off again recently, and Reck I get not voting him based on RC being a toxic player to him and him having a scumread on RC as well, but I know there were more people earlygame mentioning him as scum and then just not doing anything about it (RC I'm pretty sure was one of them too) and they can't all be scum. If you're townreading him for being lynchbait I think that reason is a pile of garbage as a whole, but is especially garbage given how many people mentioned him as scum early but then didn't do anything about it given that's how I feel most people would play around having him as a scumpartner with distancing.

@reck - Tbf with your statement on me I kind of have been avoiding the game in general, not you in particular. Understanding what happened with the varsoon post explosion took like an hour+ of just reading over it a few times so I posted about it afterwards and then didn't really want to deal with the game that much for a bit after that, and then was either prepping for or on vacation out of town from friday night until 9pm yesterday. Looking back a bit I would like to hear about why you were confident that one of koki/RC would flip scum at the time - RC I get from you but I don't see why koki was on the same level of scumread at the time.

Varsoon after reading his big chunk of posts last Wed+Thurs I thought was compeletely justified in his pushback of RC and handled it how I'd expect town-Varsoon to. I don't think it's COMPLETELY impossible he's scum (if he is it'd very very likely be b/c RC bussing and so he was able to push back on it the way he did b/c he knew RC was full of shit) but I think that's stupid to work off day 1 and if RC flips town I think he's borderline locktown.

north feels like she's been pretty close to my reads today, her post about RC being town felt genuine, and I haven't seen anything in her iso that I think is more likely to come from scum than town.

RC I'm perfectly fine waiting for Gemerald to do stuff

Cakez is my next biggest scumread after Porkens, but it's mostly gut and how he's played around Porkens. I'm not sure if I can explain it that well but I'll probably give it a shot after I'm done catching up later tonight.

Nos is still fiine I guess? a lot less town than he looked early game but still nothing that makes me want to actually lynch him.

skitter has some decent posts but I don't think it's particularly unlikely for most of them that I remember to be created by scum. I do need to reread him and Irrelephant though

Irrelephant it felt like hadn't done much but from skimming it seemed like he had a lot of posts today I need to read over

and koki feels townish for his interactions with Porkens just being a lot better than RC's but it's a pretty weak read. I should prob read over him again too.

ok dinner and dogwalking and prob 1 episode of bojack and then I'll be back
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #827 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 824, Creature wrote:Also tf

I'm receiving townreads too easily.
I'm glad we can agree on that while simultaneously making me feel like a dumb pain in the ass for arguing it in the first place
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #866 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

SirCakez wrote:
reads quite fake. Like a big content dump to try to stave off the forming wagon.
It is a big content dump and I'm aware that there are a few people voting me

I can't really point out anything new Porkens has been doing as my strongest scumread because he's done literally nothing that suggests he's even trying to scumhunt, I haven't been around for the most part since friday, and I don't think most people in the game had a decent understanding of where my reads were at prior to basically now, what do you think I'd be doing instead here?

Like from your iso it looks like the entire reason you changed from Porkens to me was because I didn't show up and town it up while I was V/LA which seems a little silly

@Varsoon - what's your strongest scumread aside from RC atm?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #900 (isolation #21) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 872, skitter30 wrote:gamma g, still has that like hollow feel to it.

i don't really understand why you're scumreading porkens; he had like one post that i scumread but the rest of it is kinda wtf-y but i see no scum agenda or motivation for it; like i'm not sure why being completely out of the game is more likely to come from scum than town. the i glanced at his iso in hte transformers game and he at least had some cursory scumreads and was following along (he was scum there)

also he was the biggest wagon with five votes a few hundred posts back so i'm not sure where you're getting the 'people are fine calling him scum but not voting him' bit from; he really feels like lynchbait to me tbh
I think the scum motivation is just him not wanting to justify his RC read he mentioned earlier b/c it was completely made up and feeling like he'll get a lot more heavily scumread if he actually tries to play the game and give people reads when most of the game is giving him a pass for not doing shit now.

page 7-8 is what I'm talking about in particular for people calling him scum but not voting him. It was early game when votes were scattered pretty much everywhere and I don't think people had particularly solid reads (generally most people seemed to be on either NSG or skitter or on 1/2 vote wagons at the time), and 4 people mentioned him as a gut scumread (RC, Shoshin, you, and Irrelephant). I did misread Irrelephant's post about him the first time I went through it (saying that Porkens was gut scummy but he liked his post asking why I wasn't lynched yet for him to be a weak townread, instead of what I thought was him saying Porkens was gut scum and I was his weakest townread) RC's posts in particular feel bad mentioning that Porkens felt scummy twice but then not doing anything about it, but I don't really get why either you or him didn't bother voting Porkens when the three people thinking he was scummy (and me a few pages later if I remember correctly) could have made it into an actually threatening wagon that might have forced Porkens to do something if he's scum.
In post 872, skitter30 wrote:In post 826, Gammagooey wrote:
if RC flips town I think he's borderline locktown.

this is pinging me and i'm putting this here so i remember to look at this later after we get some flips (partners?)

also i'm a little confused because you say varsoon is prob only scum with rc but you don't want to read the game that way since it's day1 but you say sircakez is 'Cakez is my next biggest scumread after Porkens, but it's mostly gut and how he's played around Porkens' which looks to me at least partially like an svs associative based read too? can you elaborate on cakez please? and you're also calling kokichi town for interactions with porkens?
Varsoon I don't want to push today when I think he's likely ONLY scum if RC is also scum. It's something I think is worth considering later but lynching Varsoon solely because of my read on RC when I think Varsoon is very very likely town in the situation that RC isn't scum is awful, and in general I think basing a day's lynch off of reads on other unflipped players is really stupid given how often reads are wrong in general, ESPECIALLY day 1.

Cakez for me is more of a scum read based on his posts just feeling bad to me with the little side bonus that I think his vote progression has been weird and involved jumping on and off of Porkens despite what seemed like scumreading him fairly strongly for a bit from his iso. I think the closest I can get to describing how his play's felt to me is that most of his read reasoning's felt kinda fluffy and really surface-level so far, and that his progression from Porkens to me being 'Porkens needs death' to agreeing with RC's case on me to saying I haven't done anything to change his mind when I had posted twice that I wouldn't be around for the weekend feels more like an excuse to get off of Porkens than him really coming to the conclusion that I'm the best vote atm.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #966 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 943, SirCakez wrote: Gamma Emerald is solidifying my town read on the slot.
for future reference since it looks like I might be dying today Gemerald's done basically nothing except state a town read Cakez and make two tiny comments on earlygame posts

there's nothing there to reasonably townread

VOTE: SirCakez
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #969 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:52 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@skitter & irrelephant
In post 866, Gammagooey wrote:
SirCakez wrote:
reads quite fake. Like a big content dump to try to stave off the forming wagon.

I can't really point out anything new Porkens has been doing as my strongest scumread because he's done literally nothing that suggests he's even trying to scumhunt, I haven't been around for the most part since friday, and I don't think most people in the game had a decent understanding of where my reads were at prior to basically now, what do you think I'd be doing instead here?

Like from your iso it looks like the entire reason you changed from Porkens to me was because I didn't show up and town it up while I was V/LA which seems a little silly

GE's done nothing to deserve the stronger townread from cakez, I think RC's ego covers a lot of things that he did that would be scummy for other players but I think it's at least reasonable for the posts to be coming from RC-town

skitter wrote:like i just said i guttownread gamma e but you're not taking exception to me doing that like you are with sircakez?
I wouldn't be that surprised if you were scum, but Cakez pinging off a townread on GE for what feels like just townreading him IS also way worse than your mention of guttownreading him while poking at him by asking when he'll actually catch up with the game
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #970 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:54 am

Post by Gammagooey »

wait i think i quoted the wrong thing with that first quote

actual thing:
gammagooey wrote:Cakez for me is more of a scum read based on his posts just feeling bad to me with the little side bonus that I think his vote progression has been weird and involved jumping on and off of Porkens despite what seemed like scumreading him fairly strongly for a bit from his iso. I think the closest I can get to describing how his play's felt to me is that most of his read reasoning's felt kinda fluffy and really surface-level so far, and that his progression from Porkens to me being 'Porkens needs death' to agreeing with RC's case on me to saying I haven't done anything to change his mind when I had posted twice that I wouldn't be around for the weekend feels more like an excuse to get off of Porkens than him really coming to the conclusion that I'm the best vote atm.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #972 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Like read over cakez iso in regards to me in particular because it's just him latching onto RC's case and saying my posts are bad to justify my lynch while momentum to lynch me is there.
In post 441, SirCakez wrote:does porkens town play like this? His gamma vote is so bad too.
In post 535, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: porkens
this needs death
In post 691, SirCakez wrote:
In post 639, RadiantCowbells wrote:@Creature, Cakez, NSG, Nosferatu

Can we really not lynch Porkens?
He needs death at some point for sure. He's being fucking useless and there's a decent chance he's scum. I could hold off though, he will be an easy lynch later like noted.
I don't want to lynch Irrelephant. Could do Gamma. I feel like he's been a non-presence and can't remember any of his posts, which is usually a good scum tell. Plus the case on him was good.
Also have basically no opinion on Nos or Reck so IDGAF if we lynch them.
In post 756, SirCakez wrote:
In post 701, RadiantCowbells wrote: he's done enough reading to have better thoughts than this, he just doesn't because he's scum and hiding behind his doublevoter townread lets him get away with that.
also: the doublevoter wouldn't have been nerfed if it was a town doublevoter. it's nerfed for the specific balance reason of allowing town to force him to burn it later in the game.
Reck is kinda scummy but I don't think this bit holds up. Mod could just as easily given that restriction to a town DV so that they don't become conf-town in late game.

Regardless sad to see you go Reck, you are fun to play with.

VOTE: Gamma
This can go now, haven't seen anything to change my mind.
In post 871, SirCakez wrote:
In post 850, Varsoon wrote:
In post 842, Shoshin wrote: Misunderstanding? No. Varsoon is scum who got caught early and now is trying to make up for it with lots of meanignless activity that hasn't actually got us any closer to finding scum and none of which actually contains anything towny. His ISO is empty of meaningful scumhunting.

So what should a townie you've decided is scum do?
Roll over and go, "Fuck this game"?
I'm not RC.
Varsoon is right on this. I've been in this situation before and being scumread even more for trying to keep playing by people tunneled on me as town is incredibly frustrating and p much Varsoon's posts are expressing that.
In post 866, Gammagooey wrote:
SirCakez wrote:

There was more reasoning than that. Look at the case RC made on you.
In post 840, SirCakez wrote:
In post 813, Irrelephant11 wrote:ummm varsoon, porkens, reck, and your slot have had most of the attention in terms of votes
Gammagooey is up there too.
In post 818, Varsoon wrote:
In post 795, SirCakez wrote:an enormous quotechain and cakez responding to it

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1011 (isolation #26) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Will someone who's voting reck tell me why they think it's a better vote than Porkens

because if you're just basing shit on isos then porkens iso is still the hottest garbage that's ever existed and it feels like everyone's shrugging it off because he's doing zaaany things like 'not reading the game for the first week' and 'making up reads on RC' and I swear it feels like everyone's looking at Porkens with a propeller hat on and going noooooo he's just being silly that couldn't be scum and it feels genuinely ridiculous
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1019 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Hey Gemerald can I get like a 2-3 line summary of how you feel about the game at the moment?

It's kinda hard to tell where your mind's at when I don't know how far through the game you are and how far you've read since you've last posted
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1045 (isolation #28) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm aroundish
Varsoon wrote:
In post 1037, Creature wrote:
In post 886, Irrelephant11 wrote:You'll probably scumread me for this but I just really want to express how much I enjoy your posting on the whole
What do you think about this?
Sucking off globally read town who hasn't done anything in the game while lampshading it.

Haha not trying to pocket you just think you're great lol

^ that kinda shit.
I don't really agree on that post in particular

varsoon do you have any other irrelephant thoughts
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1102 (isolation #29) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:36 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1094, SirCakez wrote:
In post 966, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 943, SirCakez wrote: Gamma Emerald is solidifying my town read on the slot.
for future reference since it looks like I might be dying today Gemerald's done basically nothing except state a town read Cakez and make two tiny comments on earlygame posts

there's nothing there to reasonably townread

VOTE: SirCakez
You're misrepping my stance on Gamma's posting there. Just because he hadn't made many posts doesn't mean what he had posted isn't worthy of a townread.
okay

so what posts exactly give you a townread on Gemerald and why?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1114 (isolation #30) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm going to just go ahead and claim

I'm Jess the Beheader, and I've got a one-shot vig (ability name is Soulbound Axe). flavor is that I've got a magic axe and am a pro wrestler in the midworld wrestling foundation.

I was planning on shooting Porkens in the face tonight if he didn't get lynched, and I still think that Porkens+Cakez make the most sense as part of the scumteam given how they've played around each other and individually - assuming 3 scum I'd guess the last is somewhere in skitter/Irrelephant/GE. Gemerald I don't think is going to post enough by the end of today for me to have a solid read on him, but I'll be reading over Irrel/skitter again by the end of today (real-life day) to try to explain my feelings on them a little better.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1148 (isolation #31) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:34 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Like unless it's porkens which I legit think is ludicrous I don't think I believe the claim

ok and you've just said it's not porkens

VOTE: Irrelephant11
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1154 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:46 am

Post by Gammagooey »

mostly just this sweet music video

Kill: Varsoon
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1158 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Gammagooey »

This week, someone reaches their final destination!

HEAVEN

All aboard THE ADVENTURE ZONE
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1160 (isolation #34) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Beheaders gotta behead
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1260 (isolation #35) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Gammagooey »

godamn why all you fucks voting me

dayvigs can't be scum it's mafiascum law

don't you guys even meta

also listen to some more music that definitely doesn't have a relevant band name
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1262 (isolation #36) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Gammagooey »

When I goooo
into the ground
I won't go quietly
I'm bringin' my crown
When I goooo
into the ground
Oh, they gotta bury me
bury me face down
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1264 (isolation #37) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:16 am

Post by Gammagooey »

oh

ya'll are bad at this

Gachapon vote: Gammagooey

VOTE: Gammagooey

have one more I guess though

I've been here before
I know where it goes
It goes down
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2663 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:18 am

Post by Gammagooey »

heyy everybody!

yeah I don't think we played that well as mafia but town was just...real bad after the first two days. I still dunno how NSG wound up not getting lynched after skitter pointed out Varsoon's roleblock crumb that I killed him for (even though I did my best to spam the thread up a bit to disguise that on my way out).

It really would have helped town too if they tried a little harder to use the setup to their advantage too - lynching a town player that took up two spots on my wagon after my lynch really hurt the amount of gold/items town could get until lategame except for Shoshin, and town getting as many docs as possible to the players collectively thought to be towniest seemed like the best way to play it to me until scum was down to 1 player and everyone could just save for trackers and hopefully win that way.

I think generally town just needed to play harder and communicate better about their reads and try to come to some sort of consensus on town-read people before MYLO/LYLO and actually discuss people's play a bit more - Porkens pretty much just coasted all game after I bussed him since scum killed the one or two people that mentioned still thinking he was scummy whenever they spoke out alone.
In post 2649, Irrelephant11 wrote:honestly this is probably my least fav game I've ever played in (in terms of result; setup and flavor were pretty fun)
everyone who could have solved this just... didn't
nsg should not have survived mylo after skitter found varsoon's crumb (not to mention how dumb it was she survived any day phase after leading my lynch)
porkens should never have been townread by anyone ever
town game threw repeatedly

Sad that I have to include this in my wiki, tbh

@scum do any of you want that free comic book? If not there are some of us early town deaths who do :]
I mean you don't haaave to include it in your wiki

you can be lazy like me and just not update it for several months-a year

I do want dat book though so I'm putting my name in for it along with any scumfriends who want it too

gj pulling it off at the end btw NSG and Porkens! You guys had a pretty solid plan for endgame in the scum QT and I was def. concerned you guys were busy with life stuff the whole game and were just winging it the entire time
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2668 (isolation #39) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:28 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2666, Creature wrote:What was MS' last town win?
town won game-throwing mafia UPick? Dunno about normals viewtopic.php?f=23&t=76649

this was winnable if town had played a lot better d3 at least

I think the last two games I played with you were wacky dueling/dayvig shenanigans and towns are pretty much never patient enough collectively to win those types of games unless they get a lead really early on
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2672 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2667, RadiantCowbells wrote:Only I get criticized in the postgame and dead thread (lol gammagooey) of a game where 2/3 of my scumreads were scum
I mean I didn't criticize your reads, if you hadn't been such an ass to Reck and had stayed in the game town would have probably had a better chance of winning

You just play arrogantly and are obnoxious to other players and then don't seem to grasp that the consequences of doing that are it making some people not want to play with you to the point of just wanting to lynch you out of the game and encouraging everyone who does follow your reads to not put enough effort into reconsidering them later because you tried to beat them into submission with how right you are all the time

I still think you're not bad at the game of mafia but holy hell could you improve a lot by treating players like human beings and having conversations with them instead of being an ass to everyone until you get kicked out of games
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2685 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Gammagooey »

RC I'll just say that I meant what I said here and if you're less obnoxious to people who say they're scumreading you it'll go a long, long way towards making your play better and making the game more fun for the other players in it. People do play this game to try to have fun ya know.
Spoiler: my hurricane/you/reck post
In post 757, Gammagooey wrote:RC I need to talk at you about you and reck for a minute.

first, I absolutely guarantee you that him telling you to fuck yourself and replacing out, and him initially voteparking you and leaving it there for at least a bit isn't alignment indicative for him. Regardless of his alignment, he believes with all of his heart that you're being shitty and making the game miserable for him, and for the most part I agree with him. this post and saying that you offered him 'diplomatic immunity' for him being in a hurricane that only applies if he's not scumreading or voting you are really petty, shitty things to say.
In post 703, RadiantCowbells wrote:compare him in this game to team mafia or the aforementioned large theme and they are night and day, and don't blame the hurricane because he's engaged with stuff, he's just chosen to engage in the worst possible way.
And I may not share Reck's dislike of you as a person given that I've met you and you're fine in real life but I do hate your playstyle in forum games too. You absolutely made shit up about Varsoon earlier in the game to push on him. Your votes seem more focused on who's attacking you or has been calling you out recently instead of who you seem to think is most likely to actually flip scum.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2692 (isolation #42) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:29 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2689, RadiantCowbells wrote:I got the most favorite player votes in GTKAS for a reason. People who bring shit get shit in return people who don't don't.
If Reckoner didn't try to policy lynch me and Varsoon didn't attack me and refuse to engage with my attempts to get him to change his reads this would have been a very different game and in my view the problematic party there isn't myself.
But who knows, right?

I know you think you have the moral high ground but most people who don't create shitty game environments for me don't have negative experiences with me
man you're the one who got force-replaced here and I know you've been force-replaced in at least one other game this past year

Sometimes people scumread you for bad reasons, it's mafia and it happens. But you're 100% in control of how you respond to that when it happens and even though you're not the sole person in the game making it toxic and maybe not even the person most responsible for it, you can change your play for the better so it doesn't happen again. Other people not playing well or also being dickish doesn't mean you don't have room for improvement too.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2696 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Oh, and thanks for running the game xyzzy! The flavor was rad and I very much enjoyed getting a dayvig for a 3rd game straight somehow

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”