Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1680 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Ego
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1682 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:41 am

A votecount maybe?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1689 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:59 am

Why would a doctor crumb?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1691 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:02 pm

So?

The only reason to crumb an action before you take it is if you think you might die; weak, hider, BG, etc. If Alonzo died it wouldn't matter who he targeted.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1695 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:07 pm

Here's the thing. While it is hard to imagine why you would do what you did as scum, it's also hard to imagine a scenario where you're town.

I've seen scum do some pretty dumb shit before.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1701 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:14 pm

I'm fairly caught up; I've been following since the beginning because I told Boon I wanted to replace in.

I saw the hammer. I saw short and CL trying to drown everyone out with their egos the size of planets. I saw gamma get confirmed vig. I saw Lamees get confirmed friendly neighbor.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1713 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:20 pm

Actually, I'm pretty sure if we hammer you, it's town autowin or close to it.

Gamma, Lamees, Una, and Alonzo are all town. If Tchill flips scum, unless it's FF/Tchill, we can't lose.

And I can't imagine Tchill not flipping scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1714 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:20 pm

In post 1712, Tchill13 wrote:2 naked votes on the pr lynch. FF is a LIAR and gamma hasn't pushed anything unless it was safe.
what part of gamma is vig don't you understand?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1717 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:22 pm

I don't see a reason for FF to do what he did as scum. If he's ascetic/roleblocker, he'd literally be conftowned from your visit. Why would he throw that away just for a mislynch on a PR with no shots left?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1722 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:32 pm

You... think there's a chance he might be town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1725 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Pagetop for ====[]

VOTE: Tchill
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1727 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:42 pm

In all honesty. I simultaneously can see no way that this could flip town and am terrified that it's going to be town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1734 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Okay good LOL.

Why the hell did you say you visited FF?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1739 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:50 pm

In post 1735, Tchill13 wrote:I'm not gonna talk about specifics due to wifom and all that jazz.
Fair enough lol. It was nice playing with you even for such a brief time :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1744 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Wait really?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1748 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Oh shit you're right LOL.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1749 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:00 pm

It wasn't on purpose, but you shouldn't have scumclaimed :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1753 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:01 pm

I will admit, the lolhammer on scum was rough for you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1755 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Is Gamma still online?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1761 (isolation #19) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:12 pm

No wait, I'm dumb. We have 4 confirmed town.

I was trying to be dodgy about my role and avoid clarifying it to bait scum to kill me (also why I was being a little over the top with the hammer and such), but there's literally no way they will, especially since Alonzo outed that I'm not vanilla.

I'm bulletproof.

Gamma, shoot someone who's not confirmed and who isn't me. I think it's better to not say who it is ahead of time, in case scum can mess with it somehow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1762 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:24 pm

Actually wait.

Then scum can just kill Gamma and if he hits scum we won't know who he shot.

Unless you check in before the thread lock or someone else offers a better idea, you should shoot Chibi.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1764 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Do you think Gamma should shoot Kokichi?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1766 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Okay.
Gamma: shoot Kokichi instead.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1772 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Lamees is a friendly neighbor.

Why do I know the claims better than half the people who've been in the game since the beginning :shifty:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1776 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:58 pm

The only use of Lamees's other shot would be to possibly catch a scum ascetic, but a scum RB could screw that up as well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1778 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Friendly neighbor is not the same thing as neighborizer.

Friendly neighbor just alerts the target that you are town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1781 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:09 pm

Someone hasn't caught up lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1790 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Alonzo: 2-shot bunyip (vanilla cop and if target is vanilla they are protected)
Lamees: 2-shot friendly neighbor
FF: 2-shot tracker
Gamma: 2-shot loyal vig
Me: BP (I haven't said anything about shots)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1791 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:16 pm

I feel like that makes it kind of obvious though lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1798 (isolation #29) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:03 pm

That's... not how it works.

If you scumread my slot, I'd understand it. (That I can hopefully do something about.) But you're trying the judge the odds that Boon would put a BP in the game against the odds that Invis would claim BP as scum and then I would go along with it... and we don't know either of those probabilities.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1800 (isolation #30) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:14 pm

In post 1673, Invisibility wrote:also im bp
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1801 (isolation #31) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Worst pagetop RIP.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1809 (isolation #32) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:22 am

In post 1802, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh, well then. still find it sketchy that you get PoEd down and claim the role that conveniently explains why my role won’t work on you
I mean, it's a role that you shouldn't ever really be claiming until you need to. I was bulletproof in Assemble's game with Boon and his crew a while back and I never claimed it at all, up to the (tragic) end of the game. Here, Invis only claimed because of Alonzo's result, and I confirmed it to help coordinate your shot.

Yeah, it's definitely a role I might claim as scum, but it's also a role that I'd claim if I were... actually town bulletproof. So really, what you should do is try to determine the odds of a bulletproof existing in the setup. Obviously I'm biased, but I think it makes a lot of sense-- another kill-stopping power beyond Alonzo's weak protective ability, but it acts as a miller for the loyal vig.

In any event, my claim doesn't change the PoE; it's still <Chibi, Kokichi, me>, which is an autowin as long as we can put doubts about FF to rest. So if I were scum it wouldn't even help me :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1822 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:20 am

Kokichi why the hell did you not claim that :eek:

Gamma could have shot Chibi while you suicided and the game would literally be solved today...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1825 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:35 pm

In post 1824, Alonzo wrote:
VOTE: SS
Hi Alonzo!

Want to talk about this?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1863 (isolation #35) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:48 am

Does anyone here know Invisibility? I got the impression that he was pretty lynchbaity and not a likely N1 kill.

However, it is theoretically possible that Alonzo is a scum bunyip (scumyip :lol: ) who attacked my slot N1 and then vanilla copped it N2 to check for BP. That's a little tinfoily though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1864 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:52 am

In post 1856, Gamma Emerald wrote:ChibiBear, Miller (Cleared I think by not hammering Lamees D2. Curious why Chibi never claimed Miller before now)
Also I don't follow this logic at all; hadn't FF already claimed that Lamees visited Chibi? If Chibi hammered Lamees and Lamees came up FN, it'd be obvious that Chibi got the visit and therefore that she was scum...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1876 (isolation #37) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:19 pm

In post 1865, ChibiBear wrote:I had the chance to hammer way before anyone claimed any of that stuff. But like yeah SS seems real determined not to clear me so let's just keep going or whatever but I'm going to sleep soon
Yeah I should probably reread that part, it does sound familiar now that you mention it

But, you are right that I don't want to clear you. Even if you could have hammered before any actions were claimed, there's always the possibility that Lamees comes in during twilight and says "Wtf I confirmed myself to Chibi and she hammered me, instalynch her tomorrow."

And also... it's you or FF. And I really don't think it's FF. Even with bussing tactics considered, it's dumb to give up the trust that Tchill had... and I think Tchill played around FF's claim far too ineptly for it to be planned.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1881 (isolation #38) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Chibi the way you were telling it it sounded like you completely shut down the prospect of lynching Lamees but it doesn't really look like that...
In post 181, ChibiBear wrote:I read it, and I also think it looks hella suspicious but I want to hear what Lamees has to say about it before she gets lynched. If her explanation is awful then we continue from there. Full on scum slipping 25 posts into a game would be hilarious but there's a chance we're misreading it or something.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1886 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:58 pm

I mean the pressure on her was because of something that was a typo but that looked like a slip... you could just say "that was obviously a typo, this push is dumb". That's what I would have done.

But it's pretty clear from your response that you do genuinely think that was the best town way to play it, which means it's something you would have done as either alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1888 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:12 pm

The thing is, I don't see why you wouldn't act the same way as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1889 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:13 pm

I can see how your posts could come from a town mindset, sure. But that's only half of it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1894 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:20 am

That's dumb.

I'll challenge whatever I want if I don't think it's sound, and I'm always correct to do so even if the conclusion turns out to be right.

Just because she COULD have acted a different way as scum doesn't mean she WOULD have. If scum-Chibi votes Lamees she's risking everything on the hope that (a) nobody saw Lamees visit her and (b) Lamees doesn't have time to claim her visit before the lock.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1909 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:21 pm

In post 1907, Alonzo wrote:I dont recall anyone here saying that SS then FF isn't their preferred lynch order so shall we go there??
What am I, chopped liver?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1910 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Even if I'm lynched, that's not my preferred lynch order.

I still think Chibi is way more likely to be scum than FF.

In any event... I know I'm flipping town. So even if you don't think I'm gonna, you should still talk to me about who's scum in the other two, because I'm having a really hard time seeing FF and Tchill doing what they did as partners.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1916 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:35 pm

In post 1915, ChibiBear wrote:SS on the other hand thinks I'm much more likely to be scum but hasn't even bothered to vote for me, and is clearly focused on trying to pull himself out of the lynching order.
wat

if I were focused on shifting the vote away from me, I'd be voting someone else...

At this point I don't see anyone else other than me being lynched. So I just want town to be in a good position after I am.

And right now, I'm concerned that FF's gonna be lynched without much thought.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1917 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Oh, also, I know this is a bad time, but:

V/LA Friday - Sunday.

I should still be able to post at least once a day though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1920 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Chibi stop wasting your time trying to convince people I'm scum.

I've already tried to avoid getting lynched. That would guarantee me a win no matter what my alignment. But it's clearly not going to work, so I'm focusing my efforts on finding the scum between you and FF. And if you're town, you should focus on that too, because right now I'm heavily leaning toward you being scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1934 (isolation #48) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:31 am

In post 1926, ChibiBear wrote:Okay, I must be reading this wrong because unless I've gone crazy, avoiding getting lynched does NOT guarantee you a win if you are town.
Scum is either me, you, or FF. If I don't ever get lynched, then by process of elimination, you two must, and one of you must be scum. It's the equivalent of a three-way 1v1; whichever of the three of us isn't lynched will win no matter their alignment.

Also Alonzo, I don't plan to self-hammer; not yet, anyway. It still seems likely that you guys are going to vote out FF like idiots and lose.

I know I wasn't in the game for the Chibi/Lamees shenanigans, but even still... I have zero trouble imagining Chibi playing that the way she did as scum. Whereas Tchill was so genuinely shocked at getting guiltied by FF that he misplayed his ass off. FF even gave him an out by saying "you better claim who you REALLY visited now" and he didn't take it... I can't imagine those being partner interactions.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1983 (isolation #49) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:15 am

I tried.

Sorry to everyone who had to suffer through Chateau and shortaru. When I was following along, I figured both were town (Chateau especially was obvtown) but if I had replaced in earlier, I might have honestly advocated for lynching Chateau just to shut him up.

Happy ScumDay!
Last edited by Boonskiies on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1985 (isolation #50) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:37 am

In post 1983, Something_Smart wrote:
Happy ScumDay!

I definitely want to play more with the Boon crew. I've been busy with my internship but come next semester I'll be ready to roll.

I do want to keep out of the multiball games though... I very much appreciated Boon confirming that this game was singleball :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1988 (isolation #51) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:57 am

I don't know about III, but the setup for VI was interesting. I was annoyed more by the way the game played out than the setup itself, but multiball allowed the game to play out that way.

I just think multiball makes it a lot easier for the incompetence of a few people to have a big effect on the flow of the game.

We can keep discussing this in the BooneyToonz thread if you want.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”