Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #915 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

Alright.. I am going to catch up in the same manner I always do.. so if I haven't responded to post #X chances are I haven't yet read it. If I'm responding to post #X and the same point has been brought up or answered later, I didn't get there yet. Comprende?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #916 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6, Gamma Emerald wrote:
And the the moment you've all been waiting for...
DISCARD REVEALS!

Spoiler: Invisibility
Mafia Aronis

If you get 10 pagetops in a day you get a one-shot PR for that night. More pagetops equals better abilities. The list is:
10-19: tracker, vanilla cop
20-35: rolecop, whisperer
35-49: neapolitan, watcher, neighborizer
50-74: ninja*, framer*, bus driver
75-99: lawyer*, strongman*
100+: janitor*, poisoner
*this can only be obtained once, unless action fails to properly execute.

Spoiler: alban
Super Survivor

Mod will publicly confirm your role.
All other roles aligned with third party is now Survivor.

Spoiler: BulletNLynchproof
Pikachu
(self aligned)

At some point in the game before you die, you must make an at-least-subtle reference to Pokemon (mod gets final say on whether or not it counts). You win if you survive to the end of the game after doing so without anybody suggesting that you are the Pikachu. Only the first bolded accusation made by anyone during a Day phase counts as such a suggestion. You may not make such an accusation yourself.

Spoiler: Shock Value
Town Psychiatrist and Coastguard Rescue

Each night, choose a player. If they started the game as a non groupscum common antitown (SK/Survivor) you convert them to town alignment.

Spoiler: CheekyTeeky
Post Streamer

You can win with the town. You also win if you make every post on an entire page, and there are at least 15 minutes between the first and last posts on that page. You die immediately if anyone accuses you of spamming the thread.

Spoiler: ceejayvinoya
Mafia 2-shot Day Faction Counter

Twice in the game, during the day, you can request the moderator to let you know how many distinct win conditions exist among the players alive in the game.
(Two players' win conditions are the same if those players will inevitably both win or both lose, e.g. "You win when all other players are dead" is a different win condition on each player who has it.)

Spoiler: POTUS
Town vanillaizer-izer

Each night, you may target a player to have them lose all other abilities and become a vanillaizer.

Spoiler: lane0168
Mafia Taboo Ninja Strongman

You may not state your own role or alignment in thread, or you will be modkilled. (That includes omitting the taboo part.) When you perform the night kill, tracking investigatives will not be able to see you, and your kill cannot be roleblocked or protected from.

Spoiler: NicoRobin
Survivor One-Shot Miller

Once in the game, you may become a miller, allowing you to appear as guilty to all alignment checks.

Spoiler: Carcalilly
Vanilla Spook

The spook faction doesn't kill. Instead, they "possess" people. What this means is that a spook can take the role of the person they possessed. In the morning it will say that no body was found, and there will be no flip. The spook doesn't take the alignment of the person, only the role. Each spook can only possess one person.

Spoiler: theslimer3
Werewolf 1-shot Excorcist

If any player has any inherent abilities that work while the player is dead, you can target that player to disable those abilities. You may do this while the player is alive, or when the player is dead. However, if you target a living player without any inherent dead abilities, your ability will fail, but you will use your shot.

Spoiler: RCEnigma
Town Purist

Any time that a player in the game is replaced, the number of votes required to lynch you decreases permanently by 1. It cannot go below 1.

Spoiler: Something_Smart
Town Soloist

If, at any point (including pregame), you become the only town-aligned player alive, you gain the following powers for the next two days and two nights:

-You are unlynchable
-You are unnightkillable
-One-shot dayvig
-One-shot vigilante
-Cop
-Seer
-Conspiracy Theorist
-FBI Agent
-Private Investigator
-Killjoy

You may use a maximum of two different actions per night.
Some of the discards in are really interesting.

Invis' was a fitting card to give to him (I presume this was the one the worst hand picked) bc Invis is a shitposter by nature. The only reason I see him dropping this is if he didn't want to be Mafia. This means he probably got a more interesting ROLE on one of the other 2 cards.

alban/BnL/Cheeky: No comments. I would have dropped those.

CJV: I could've used that. It requires the player to live long enough though, so that they can use one shot at the start of the game and then once closer to the end and compare with flips to see if any given "win con" has been extinct.

POTUS: Now why the hell did you drop that? It would've potentially turned the game into Mountainous, but if you used it right you could've vanilized all non-town while leaving the Town PRs intact to sweep the game. The only reason I'm not going to go hard on you because of it is your join date. I would have fried a more experienced player for dropping this UTTERLY HILARIOUS role.

lane: Against my better judgement, lane might actually be town in this game. I can't see a scum aligned player dropping a strongman-Ninja combination for the mere disadvantage of not being able to claim!!!

NR (that's my slot): I don't even get why ANYONE would want to look guilty!!! And who wants to be a Survivour?? Of course that was dropped because both the role and the alignment are ...
the worst
!

Carca: I understand not wanting to be a Spook (although I would have gladly accepted that if it came with the same ability). Of course not wanting to be Vanilla is a notion we all share, unless we were forced to :(

theslimer: Looks like a useless role, and I understand not wanting to be a WW.

RCE: :lol: WHERE does the worst get these from?? I've gotta work with this guy on a tailored setup sometime.

SS: Another one I think might be town based on dropping the role. If I was WW/3P/Cult I would have expected the chances of me being a lone member in my faction to be high and I would have loved to have this arsenal at my disposal. Mafia may not have expected to be the only member of the faction though, so Town or Mafia aligned?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #927 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 27, CheekyTeeky wrote:So am I correct in thinking that the town discards are not aligned with town?
No. If you get at least two Town cards you can pick your alignment from one and pick the role from the third card which means the 2nd Town card is disposed. I wish it was so easy, but it isn't.

Obviously the majority have never played Great/Greater/Greatest Idea Mafia before. Basically you cannot get both the Role AND the alignment from the same card. You get the Role from one and the alignment from another. If it's Great you only get dealt 2 cards initially and can discard one to get a third instead, but that's beside the point.

The point is Cheeky is most probably Town for the silly assumption that everyone gets 3 different
alignments
. That is probably what
she got
. She discarded the one that was basically "a Town friendly 3P" and held on to the Mafia+Town cards. I'm assuming she picked the alignment from the Town card and the Role from the Mafia card.

Someone may ask "Why not vise versa?" And I would say she might not have played the setup before but she sure as hell isn't dumb. If she took the Mafia alignment along with the Role from the Town card she would have kept her mouth shut about it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #928 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 81, RCEnigma wrote:Invis I think we are just playing together in every game from now on.
In post 85, RCEnigma wrote:Agreed, Invis shoukd be the day one lynch now VOTE: invis
:!: :!: :!:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #929 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 95, POTUS wrote:Shock/SS/ceejay are anti-town
lane is town
invis is too interesting to kill rn

.D---.
J U-U
Agree on lane. Why is SS anti-town though? (Take your time. I obviously won't be reading your response for another 4 hours or so)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #930 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 98, RCEnigma wrote:Scum team is exactly Alban, Shock value, Something_Smart

Lane confirmed town
So you pegged the scum team on page 4? AND you have decided that there exactly 3 of them??? :facepalm:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #931 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 184, CheekyTeeky wrote:*shrug* I don't like being called fake but you do you.
:P

Spoiler:

:lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #932 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Oh, GOD! How I hate doing a lengthy catch up! However, I believe this to be the only way for me to actually play this game. :(

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #937 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 368, Carcalilly wrote:WTF guys stop voting me I'm a goddamn town dolphin
*Sigh* What were the two cards you kept?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #938 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 404, RCEnigma wrote:Now that I've said that I feel I kind of have to claim that I'm also a dolphin so expect 2 flips.
This is a blatant lie if I understand the role correctly. In the Thread for roles it says the dolphin will be identified.

Ex: X, a Y has flipped.
You, a dolphin has done a flip.

This leads me to believe the dolphin role will be identified/confirmed with each flip (lynch or NK) with the player's name explicitly mentioned.

You showed that you didn't recognize how the role worked when you said Carca could have waited to see how the town reacted to claim or fake claim, while fakeclaiming the role would be impossible. Only the alignment could be faked.

Then you go on and claim that you also are a dolphin??

Also, special roles like that usually have only one card, so only one player can be a dolphin. It's not like you are vanilla or a Mason where it could be dealt more than once (i.e. several players receiving the same card).

Of course, if I'm misunderstanding how the role works or even how the roll works I'd appreciate it if Gamma/the worst corrected me, but for now I officially have my eyes on you.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #940 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 419, Carcalilly wrote:I got a scum dolphin card that I took the role from. Took town from vanilla townie.
OK.. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. You were dealt:

Spook (3p)
Vanilla (Town)
Dolphin (scum)*

So you could have been a 3P Survivor, a 3P Dolphin, a Town Spook, a Town Dolphin, a Scum Spook or a Scum goon.

Running that list through my head I don't see why a Town Dolphin is better than a Town Spook!

But the thing I don't really by is that you got a "scum" Dolphin card. What is that? This game doesn't use the term "Scum". Instead it specifies Mafia, Werewolf, Cult or Aliens (these are the 4 group scum alignments available I believe). So how come you said you had a "scum" dolphin card, rather than say you got a specific alignment of the 4?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #942 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 413, POTUS wrote:viewtopic.php?p=6260762#p6260762

Doesnt this say that she'll flip as

'Carca, a dolphin, has flipped?'

Or am i misunderstanding what a dolphin is
Seems I missed this the first time. Saw it quoted in though, and I think you also are mistaking. Carca will not "flip" (as in the player is now dead). It says "they
performed
a flip", so that's a confirmation of the ROLE, not the alignment, and the player will still be alive to play.

Again, unless I'm getting it wrong that's how I perceive the wordings in the original thread by BBmolla

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #943 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 528, RCEnigma wrote:Actually VOTE: Ceejay for making me waste my lie detector.
Now that's a lot more believable claim than dolphin. The question still why would you claim so early? (Hint: This mean I don't buy it).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #944 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

And I guess I'm being slow in my catch up. I started losing my focus on page 15, and I've been trying to force myself through the rest of the thread, doing something outside and coming back for a page or 2 before I start losing my concentration all over again. SORRY!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #945 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 529, ceejayvinoya wrote:*rubs two fingers together*
You mean he's on your pay role? Or do you mean YOU are on HIS and are demanding to get paid??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #946 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 532, Carcalilly wrote:WAS THE GUILTY ACTUALLY FAKED
*Blink* How does a question like THIS come from the slot that the guilty was claimed on???

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #947 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 533, Carcalilly wrote:Also if any of you know me or played with me before you know I prefer town because I am SHIT as scum
I can testify to you being bad at scum, but... oh well. I'll buy it.. for now.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #948 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

So, you're town aligned and your role is literally best demonstrated in an animated version of the game running on Android. Right?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #949 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 538, Carcalilly wrote:@people who played with him before

how seriously should I take cj, in general
Just about as serious as you should be taken. No offense.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #952 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 543, RCEnigma wrote:Well I mean, now scum knows they can't fake claim so if I live through the night I will absolutely push for a massclaim.
mate, I'm trying my hardest to restrain myself, but you're tempting me.

OK.. I give up..

Spoiler: Meant for Invis, Aris & RCE eyes ONLY
I'm VENGEFUL!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #953 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 560, RCEnigma wrote:Are you saying you think I forgot my original claim and claimed again?
You think I should've replaced in with AP??? :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #954 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 579, skitter30 wrote:i mean he only retracted it after we spent like half a week discussing it
OMG! Am I pleased I wasn't here then.

this game is making me bite my nails again.. I thought I had quit that nasty habit, but I have a hard time trying to wrap my head around half of what's being said and done in this thread (and more to it: WHY it's being said/done).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #955 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 582, theslimer3 wrote:Or a lyncher who failed
Let's say it's true. Why do we want to waste our lynch on a Lyncher?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #956 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 586, POTUS wrote:I wish we were a 5 headed 5 shot day vig hydra to clean up this mess.

(Don’t make the setup / roles more difficult then it already is. Don’t fakeclaim to only then not provide any tangible reaction analysis. You’re creating too much WIFOM, and as there are 3P/scummy roles who want to be lynched / want certain players to be lynched, it’s not helping if you are town).

- Keyser Soze
You get a free TR just because you're one of the few sane slots in the game. (That and skitter is in there, but let's put that aside for now). :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #958 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 623, ceejayvinoya wrote:I'm claiming survivor
Yeah, right. And you discarded the one ability that would have given you any idea of what exactly is the situation and how close you are to achieving your win con.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #960 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 626, POTUS wrote:ok i can kinda buy survivor
or, perhaps more accurately, i buy a 3p claim although idk if i really believe it's survivor and i think it's slightly more believable than the daycop claim

i dont' really think he's been behaving in a pro-town fashion and if he is indeed a survivor i think he'd be quite happy to help scum if they'd let him win with them

---- skitter
Survivor is out of the question. If you were picking a 3P role,m wouldn't you want to know how many factions are in the game to begin with? If he picked that role along with a 3P alignment and with the lack of any other abilities he would still be a survivor. No?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #961 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 628, ceejayvinoya wrote:I'm only claiming my alignment and not my role.
That's a step ahead. Go on, please.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #962 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 642, BNL wrote:Uh what the hell is Ceejay doing at this point?
Being AP. I guess. :lol: :lol: :lol: (Again, RCE & Invis are the ones to get the joke here).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #963 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 669, Eragon wrote:
I only have two words to say to you ducky

Spoiler:
No. U.

spoiler tags fixed
Hold the F on! You wouldn't be "No U" from MU, would you?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #965 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 673, theslimer3 wrote:While I could see a vax lynch as useful, I can see a CJ lynch as more informative if he dies. I think it's pretty clear he's not town aligned
So you don't buy into his claim to be Unlynchable?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #966 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 731, RCEnigma wrote:Also if we hit scum today Ceejay is 100% the lynch tomorrow.
Agreed. Unless -of course- we have a Town Vig, or scum want to be cooperative with us. He could still be SK for all we know.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #967 (isolation #31) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 733, Eragon wrote:@Gamma- can we please get a plain playerlist and replacement details updated?
I second this. At least acknowledge me in the OP table, man!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #968 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 747, RCEnigma wrote:And to be fair SSBU was multiball.
So is this game. So did you get a good handle of his game?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #969 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@skitter / @Cheeky: Thanks for warm welcome, ladies :]

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #970 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:52 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Also, hi Ari :]

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #971 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 959, Eragon wrote:Wait wouldn't it be impossible to roll neutral survivor unless he got a neutral something and a town survivor?
OK. So he got Town Survivor, Mafia 2-shot Day Faction Counter & 3P "something". Would you have picked TOWN 2-shot Day Faction Counter or 3P Survivor? And if you wanted the 3P alignment for the kick, would you take 3P Survivor or 3P 2-shot Day Faction Counter (in which case you have no win con and are not aligned with anyone else = you're a Survivor)?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #972 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 964, Eragon wrote:
In post 963, Almost50 wrote:
In post 669, Eragon wrote:
I only have two words to say to you ducky

Spoiler:
No. U.

spoiler tags fixed
Hold the F on! You wouldn't be "No U" from MU, would you?
What?
Do you play on MafiaUniverse? And if you do, do you go by "no u"?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #973 (isolation #37) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK, I'm glad I'm all caught up. Now I need a VC.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1001 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 977, BNL wrote:And can I reiterate that given how Carca didn’t realise how dolphin flips work I really don’t think she’s scum?
She doesn't know how it works = she's faking. Also check the top of page #39.

Carca is where I want to vote, but I need to see a VC before I cast a vote.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1002 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 983, Something_Smart wrote:A50. Survivor's an alignment, not a role.
Well, that's a technicality. Since it's a lone player then they have their own faction = alignment. Still, the wiki defines it as a "3rd party role"

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1003 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 989, Eragon wrote:What about me ;_;
Did you make a post to greet me? I must've missed it. SORRY!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1005 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 989, Eragon wrote:But didn’t you say earlier that you could NOT get the same alignment and same role from the same card in your picks?
So that means if he is truly a neutral survivor, he woulda had to get neutral “___” and town survivor
Or am I misunderstanding
3P is the term for neutral. Neutral = 3rd party = neither Town nor Mafia.
If a role doesn't have the town win con, the Mafia win con, or it's own win con (ex: You win when you mange to guess the lynch 3 times in a row, or you win when the wagon you started is the one to go through) then it becomes a survivor with win con "survive to end game". So, 3P/Neutral from one card and Survivor from another.

But regardless. I gave you 3 cards in that example which could very much result in that combination, but also could have given you a very good Town ability. Why go for the dull of the two AND also the harder to win with? With a Town role you could die on D1 and still win. Of all 3P roles I believe Survivor is the hardest to win with, and especially so in multi-ball (or a game with multiple killers in general).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1007 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1004, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1002, Almost50 wrote:
In post 983, Something_Smart wrote:A50. Survivor's an alignment, not a role.
Well, that's a technicality. Since it's a lone player then they have their own faction = alignment. Still, the wiki defines it as a "3rd party role"
I mean, it's relevant in a game where you get your alignment and role separately. It means that is wrong; assuming he's telling the truth, he got mafia faction counter, survivor, and town lynchproof/mafia lynchproof/etc.
Do the math again. Your proposition necessitates he cannot be a 3P Survivor. You know what?

@Mod: Is Survivor an alignment, or is it a 3P Role

Put another way:
@Mod: What alignment is the Survivor?

Also
@Mod: A 24 hrs extension, maybe?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1008 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Mod: Is Survivor an alignment, or is it a 3P Role

Put another way:
@Mod: What alignment is the Survivor?

Also
@Mod: A 24 hrs extension, maybe?

Spoiler:
Don't you wish your boyfriend was senile like me?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1016 (isolation #44) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Carca

My case on her is clear enough. She didn't know how Dolphin (her claimed role) worked and she exclaimed if the fake guilty on her was really fake.

P.S. Back in the days when I could read Gamma I caught him by exactly that. I faked a guilty on him and he said something like "I don't
think
that's a real guilty" and that lead to his lynch as scum.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1095 (isolation #45) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1030, POTUS wrote:
should i be concerned that i'm not townreading you yet?
No. You're good. :D

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1096 (isolation #46) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1030, POTUS wrote:there's like 12 dolphin cards in the grand idea thread (i don't remember the exact number but there's a lot more than one)
Damned if I'm going to go through the whole thread to know the count of each role card. I've skimmed some and there seems to be a lot of fluff in there with the likes of "Chocolate Town", "Black Chocolate Town", "<insert flavor> Town". If I was modding that thread I'd just do a count of all VT posts and put that in one post then delete all. Makes for an easier read for someone like me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1099 (isolation #47) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1030, POTUS wrote:i'm confused; where are you getting that he got a town survivor card from?

isn't survivor his alignment (allegedly?)
Survivor is a ROLE. 3P is its alignment. It's the same as SK being a ROLE and 3P being the alignment.

Survivor to 3p is what VT is to Town and/or Goon is to Mafia. VT/Goon are defined as "no special abilities" while Survivor is "no special wincon" though.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1101 (isolation #48) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1036, BNL wrote:By the way what's your argument here? Carca did something absolutely scum here so anything that strongly suggests town!Carca here has to be fit into a scum!Carca explanation?
How about we flip Carca and if that flips Town I go next? I would offer the same for CJV except I'm a little hesitant bc he might actually be Unlynchable so we gain no info from it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1105 (isolation #49) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1058, Carcalilly wrote:I mean what the heck would you all do if someone bullshited you guilty
Call them a liar? Go aggressively on them campaigning for their lynch? At the very least interrogate them intensely to see if they are for real and are an insane Cop? IGNORE them, BUT also do not address the validity of their claim, implying it is no concern of mine? I mean, LOTS of reactions depending on how I perceive the claim and the game status, but certainly not ask if this was a false claim after the fact.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1108 (isolation #50) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1060, Carcalilly wrote:If you want to quicklynch me or something then I guess at least I get to say I told you so. And dolphin isn't a super useful powerrole anyway.
That's part of the case on you. Why pick such a useless role?

But it seems your wagon is losing momentum and I don't have the energy to keep pushing it through, so.. *Sigh*

P-edit: Geeez! Survivor is NOT an a alignment. It is a ROLE. You go like.. Town roles: Vanilla, Cop, Vigilante.. etc.
Scum Roles: Goon, Godfather, Roleblocker... etc.
3P Roles: Survivor, Serial Killer, Jester.. etc.

Unless you believe Jester is an alignment, SK is an alignment, Lyncher is an alignment, then Survivor sure as hell isn't either.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1115 (isolation #51) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1109, Invisibility wrote:they are?!??!?! they're all 3P alginemtnensnejfldsjflasjdfa
this is stupid
No. You're stupid. Check this out: This is the wiki-page for ... *drum roll* Thirs=Party
ROLES
. Rol..Rol.. ROLES! Arrr.. OLES!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1116 (isolation #52) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

*Third-

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1118 (isolation #53) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

From their respective wiki-pages: "A Jester is a role that wins when they are lynched." Alignment: Third-party
"The Lyncher is a third-party role whose win condition is to get a specific person" Alignment: Third-party
"A Survivor is a lone player whose goal is to live until any other faction achieves their Win Condition" Alignment: Third-party

Is this enough?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1125 (isolation #54) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

I dunno.. maybe you are, but I haven't seen anything that does trigger my scumdar on you. I was wrong about you in the previous game (when I was AP) so I'm not pushing you based on something I personally saw was NAI for you (shitposting).

I don't think Carca is Town. CJV already claimed 3P, and I suspect he's a killer/harmful role not a benign one.
BnL & Slimer both come across as scummy, but I can't pinpoint what exactly is scummy about them, meaning I can't build a case on either. I would vote either based on someone else's case if provided though.

That is basically my 5-player scum pool.. loosely put.

I TR POTUS, Vax, RCE, and have a Town Lean on Cheeky. S_S could be Town or Mafia, but not 3P. I also suspect Value might be 3P, but if that's the case THEY are the benign 3P role in this game.

Who am I missing? Oh, yes.. Eragon. I basically have no read there. I usually SR his playstyle, but I'm not pinged by him here. Whether that is because he IS scum, he changed his playstyle, or I got better in reading him is anyone's guess at this point, so just NULL.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1134 (isolation #55) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1133, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 1125, Almost50 wrote:I also suspect Value might be 3P, but if that's the case THEY are the benign 3P role in this game.
This is confusing, there is no set list of role types and there isn't really any balance. The game could be over tomorrow for all we know.
They explicitly stated they prefer playing 3P. If they are harmful to Town they would not be as brazen (at least Ari wouldn't). Thus, if they are 3P they are not a concern to me. Either that or they are not 3P at all, so would go with S_S (Town or Mafia)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1138 (isolation #56) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1135, RCEnigma wrote:Brazen in what way?
Claiming 3P when they are indeed
anti-town
3P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1144 (isolation #57) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1136, CheekyTeeky wrote:A50, thoughts on POTUS?
Town slot. ISO me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1159 (isolation #58) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1150, Carcalilly wrote:lmao how many towns do we even have at this point
I think the rule says >50%, so that much I know. I am also sure it's not literally "everybody" or there won't be a game to start with. Survivor also doesn't count because of that very reason (survivor amidst all town = no game).

OK, I'm being silly because my mind suddenly decided to shut down most operations and left me with the basics. Sorry.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1174 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1168, Eragon wrote:WHAT HAPPENED TO CARCA’S AVATAR
It flipped :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1179 (isolation #60) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK... if this is the way you all want to go..

VOTE: ceejay

P.S. He is UNLYNCHABLE. Him voting himself should give you all a clue.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1205 (isolation #61) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1191, ceejayvinoya wrote:Deathster. Hahaha. I had to die to win.

I sort of wanted to see if I could pull it off rather than go with my discard.
I call this role a Martyr.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1206 (isolation #62) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I mean, I rolled it once in a flavoured game run by skullduggery and I lost (was lynched on the 4th day). Mine could target players at night though and if I targeted someone who was doing a kill that night I die instead of their intended target. STILL couldn't get myself killed at night. :lol: Imagine that!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1211 (isolation #63) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1210, BNL wrote:Oh and by the way, I’m not going to randomly give 3p the win for the lolz. In two games I have played where I died early, Town randomly decided to give some 3p the win for fun, and lost because of it. I’m not letting it happen.
If that's where you stand you should be happy we lynched CJV. Right? Now show me a happy face.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1223 (isolation #64) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1219, Carcalilly wrote:A50 do you think you can meta me?
No. I don't have enough experience with you.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1259 (isolation #65) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1245, CheekyTeeky wrote:Why is it a role worth crumbing?
Because their role would kill anyone with an action, so we know their target didn't act last night, but we don't know said target. (I would assume it's me because they talked to me last and they were voting CJV, but then I hate to think skitter intended to kill me on N1 if I was a PR, so I'll brush that thought off).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1265 (isolation #66) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1252, RCEnigma wrote:It doesn't, we don't know how many scum we are dealing with. Not using your ability because you were jammed has no significance in isolation.

Isn't this the role they flipped?
In post 3128, The MM wrote:
Mafia Night-Action Jammer

Abilities
  • Night Action Jammer:
    [Night Action]
    Target a player. If the target should perform a Night Action this night, it is blocked and they die.
    1. Rulings:
    2. The death from this ability will not be prevented by protections, Bulletproof or Lynchproof. It takes explicit immunity to death to prevent it.
It says the action of the target will blocked and they will die. It's not "not using your action because you were jammed" it's "you didn't submit an action to begin with".

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1269 (isolation #67) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

I will wait for night results if any before I vote.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1285 (isolation #68) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1271, theslimer3 wrote:If the jammer targets someone in this game, wouldn't that make them pretty close to a vig?
Yes. They're a conditional Vig.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1290 (isolation #69) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1286, CheekyTeeky wrote:So bulletproof dolphin came off a 3p card but is SK an alignment? Would the SK alignment be 3p so he still could be a scum or town SK bp dolphin right?
*Scratches Head*

What's a Town Serial Killer?? What would be their win con?

"You win when you stop Almost50 from asking complicated questions."

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1292 (isolation #70) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

What?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1295 (isolation #71) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1293, Gamma Emerald wrote:
BTW I’m not answering questions not explicitly directed at me
Well, I am! :P

Town SK = Town Vig. Closest Role that can meet the alignment win con.

but I wanted CT to respond to it and both you and tw ruined it for me. I SCUM HUNT THROUGH ASKING/DOING SILLY THINGS YOU BOOBS! You BOTH know that!!! Stop the MOD INTERFERING. If you don't know what I'm doing, do as you do when you are playing with me and wait for me to explain! :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1304 (isolation #72) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1296, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'm a town traitor.

Oh! I'm sorry. Would you like some cranberry juice?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1305 (isolation #73) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1303, Gamma Emerald wrote:
If you were to choose SK as your role I’d say you can’t do that. I might also call you names.

You see, in THIS GAME.. you don't get to choose SK as your role.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1317 (isolation #74) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1315, CheekyTeeky wrote:
@Mod replace me please
@Mod: No, don't
:P

Come on Cheeky, I was just messing with you. I didn't mean to drop the strawberry syrup on your white dress.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1318 (isolation #75) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1316, Gamma Emerald wrote:
replacing CheekyTeeky
You accepted that too fast as if you wanted to get rid of her already! So, it wasn't me then. Probably the duck fart smelled of dead fish then?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1320 (isolation #76) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Sliner: NVM. I was joking with CT, Gamma & tw.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1335 (isolation #77) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1334, RCEnigma wrote:Invis doesn't get sorted he either gets lynched or he doesn't.
Did he post "xdymhtxmuny[]lo]]0i0i3wi3.n,v,,v,," yet?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1336 (isolation #78) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 461, Invisibility wrote:"afjiejafid"
Hmmm.. only this is a 150+ posts ISO. I dunno how to read this.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1346 (isolation #79) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1341, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Chara replaces CheekyTeeky
Nice! :]

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1347 (isolation #80) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1343, Chara wrote:also i probably won't read most of this unless someone points out salient bits to me.
I've claimed scum. ISO me to find it. :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1371 (isolation #81) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1361, theslimer3 wrote:This isn't even an alignment indicative question, but who the hell passes on post streamer?
I definitely would, despite the fact I probably
could
pull the full page bit off, but the 15 min between posts isn't gonna work as there is bound to be someone somewhere who will interfere and mes it up.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1386 (isolation #82) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

We just lynched a 3P on D1 and 2 Dolphin roles were confirmed upon the flip. Then a Town hydra died overnight.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1389 (isolation #83) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1387, Chara wrote:i
did
read the flips and mod posts, you know. ;>
then I don't think you missed anything important

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1458 (isolation #84) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1457, Eragon wrote:I would like A50’s input on this.

Do you want me to claim?

@A50
Dude.. I'm not the one asking you to claim. I think he may have some sort of a result on you. Why else would he want you specifically to claim?

HOWEVER, the way you are asking >me< in particular gives me the feeling that you shouldn't claim. Like, we both know we didn't get along that well in both our previous games, and I don't see scum!you appealing to me out of the crowd.

@Vax: If you don't have an explicit guilty, let it go. Just my 2 cents.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1462 (isolation #85) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Hmm.. you're explicitly stating you have an active visiting ability.

I still don't think you should full claim, but you can confirm or deny having visited POTUS last night, maybe? because if you didn't then there is absolutely non reason for HIM to even ask for a claim or out his result. He has now outed 2 PRs with that move.

So, did you or did you not visit POTUS?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1464 (isolation #86) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK. Then hold your line and let's move on.

@Vax: IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING THAT CONTRADICTS ERAGON'S CLAIM, YOU SHOULD DROP IT.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1467 (isolation #87) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK, so where doe this leave us?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1524 (isolation #88) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1494, RCEnigma wrote:VOTE: bnl
VOTE: RCE

Let's make a big circle. Everybody checking in votes the person that last voted. :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1525 (isolation #89) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1497, Eragon wrote:
In post 1493, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1490, Eragon wrote:You were pushing me toclaim before I even said anything’
Because I could check your claim. THen you said it was complicated and had anti claim mechanics... that did not check out.
VOTE: Vaxkiller
I
But I never claimed anti-claim mechanics, thus you could not have “checked me” for anti-claim mechanics
Me thinks Vax' play bis anti-town, but not scummy. In other words, I believe this to be a misplay by a townie, rather than bold scum.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1533 (isolation #90) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

This game is a circus, but I guess that's what you get when you join a game with "the worst" both in its title and moderation team. :twisted:

@Gamma: You're coll though, bro. :lol:

oof. </3

I agree this game is a circus. Not saying who the clown is yet.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1536 (isolation #91) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Well that's GOOD. At least you won't 't try to lynch me. Now do I need to worry about you trying to shoot me at night?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1546 (isolation #92) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1543, Chara wrote:you may have been reacting to slimer's jester comment, actually. haha.
I was, but I admire your honesty! :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1549 (isolation #93) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1545, Carcalilly wrote:If Vax is scum, A50 is too and visa versa.
*Sigh*

If I'm not totally off the mark, Vax has claimed a role that
could
be Town or Scum. However,
playing that role
as one alignment massively differs from playing is as the other. Now why would SCUM"said role" ever out they got info? Can't you even TRY to put 1 & 1 together (and no, it's not ELEVEN!)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1550 (isolation #94) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1548, Carcalilly wrote:A50 are you nervous or in a good mood...?
I'm in an "indifferent" mood.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1553 (isolation #95) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Why the small s? Why are you not capitalizing the w?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1602 (isolation #96) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1601, Carcalilly wrote:don't make me regret this plz

VOTE: A50
Listen.. I shut up and let you be, but if you keep voting me for no reason I have to say it makes me feel you really are kinda cute! :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1612 (isolation #97) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1611, Chara wrote:hey, i'm feeling bad about my complete lack of contribution this game. i'm not the best at reading Almost but i can at least sift out what is or is not AI for him.
and find some other reads besides Vax and eragon town.
EJ? he seems Town enough for me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1613 (isolation #98) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

^Obviously I'm confusing my games. Ignore that one!^

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1615 (isolation #99) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1614, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Im a bad mod
Replacing invisibility
Not your fault. His request was virtually invisible!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1634 (isolation #100) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

Xtotm!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOL... WELCOME BACK!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1640 (isolation #101) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1639, RCEnigma wrote:Shock is town stop it. Let's vote SS and call it a day.
Hmm.. what do we call it then if we don't vote SS??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1643 (isolation #102) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1635, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 1622, Xtoxm wrote:Guess who's back after another multi year hiatus. I recognise a couple names ;p
VOTE: chara
Are you a double voter?? because you were already voting Chara, yet the last VC shows you as voting them AND not voting, the you go and vote them again. :thinking:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1644 (isolation #103) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Shock Value

I have them down as 3P from D1. I don't remember how I came to that conclusion though.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1649 (isolation #104) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1647, Shock Value wrote:
In post 1644, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: Shock Value

I have them down as 3P from D1. I don't remember how I came to that conclusion though.
:lol:
You're better than this.
Not really. Not at this specific time :(

I mean, my wiki's updated, and I have 2 games that ended in the past 48 hours. I won one and lost one, and I had horrible reads and arguably bad mechanical play.

That said, I basically have no idea what to do, nor why I would do it. Should we lynch SS? Slimer? RCE???

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1651 (isolation #105) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

Man, I
want
to trust you, but I can't bring myself to trust a bulletproof dolphin!!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1682 (isolation #106) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Honestly, I can't disagree.

According to Ari, they received three TOWN roles: Cop + Double Lyncher + Psychiatrist and Coastguard Rescue.
Out of those we only know 3 to be true (mod-confirmed) and then 2 must be true (Xtoxm couldn't have possibly "guessed" it, plus Ari admitted it)m which leaves us with the 1st card (the Town Cop).

Now there are several times the Town Cop appears in the Great Idea Mafia thread, but there's also a 3P Town Cop, and that one's win con is THIRD PARTY (as long as there are other 3P in play, which in this game we know to be true). I'm referring to this card:
In post 5057, Irrelephant11 wrote:
Third Party Town Cop

You can check one person each night, and will get the results in the form of “Town” or “Not Town”

If there are other third parties, you have the same win condition as one of them

If not, you also have the ability once per day to post a very clearly-stated list of every players’ alignment (do so in italics so the mod recognizes it); if you are correct for every player, you will win and exit the game. If not, nothing will happen.
As soon as I found that card I stopped looking. I would very much expect Ari to have picked the Double Lyncher combined with the above quoted win con for the fun of it.

Otherwise, what Townie really throws out Cop and adopts Double Lyncher when they have no choice but to be TOWN???

In other words, Ari (and Aero) had two shots at being Town and one at being 3P and that is why they had to drop the Cop role in favor of adopting the 3P alignment, so had to chose between Double Lyncher/Psychiatrist, and obviously the former guarantees a lynch on a 1-shot lynch proof thus helping their 3P win con which would probably be get NK'd (if Deathster was the only other 3P we had) or live to end game (if we have a true Survivor in-play).

The question now is whether we want to go for safe play, lynch a non-Townie (and be dicks to them), or we want to leave them be for another day or two (Mafia probably have no incentive to shoot them now since they'd rather shoot Town)? *Thinking*

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1684 (isolation #107) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1683, Something_Smart wrote:the thing about that, A50, is that there are dozens of town cop roles, and probably only one (or maybe two) of that role. Even if they'd use third party cop for their alignment 100% of the time and town cop for their alignment only 10% of the time, they're still more likely to be town.
Is he known to make the worst of choices though? Not to my knowledge. And not when it's clear cut.

But regardless, I'm past that point (at least from my own PoV). I am asking .. if we "hypothetically knew" he was a 3P Double Lyncher.. do we want to lynch him today or wait another day or two? Do you think Scum (as a general term) would want to shoot him for us or would they be inclined to keep him alive to keep us skeptical and/or hope he sides by them towards the end of the game if they appear to have a shot at winning?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1718 (isolation #108) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

I still don't know what I'm looking for exactly, and thus I have no better option than to lynch the slot that discarded what I think would have been a great Town utility, admitted to have been offered another good Town role that they didn't pick, and claim to have picked the Town alignment with the role that makes the least sense as a Town pick.

Usually you at least "know" there to be a scum team, and depending on the size of the game you can then estimate their size and powers. What do we
know
we're up against here? Nothing.

Theoretically we "could" be up against:

Aliens: Groupscum with one factional kill for the entire game. This is balanced by giving multiple high-impact abilities. Wins when it makes up a majority of the players without contest.

Does the double lyncher thing fit the description? I think it does.

Other alignments: Your Win Condition and factional abilities are provided in your Role PM.

That's an explicitly "unknown" win con to the majority. It's not necessarily "anti-town" but then if that's it then the game should be over (or actually should have never started).

Also, recently some people have been arguing that a game with no "informed minority group" is not a game of mafia, so if Gamma is not trolling then we have at least 2 of the same anti-town faction (That's Mafia/WWs/Cult/Alien).

I could go on and on and on, but I'm just speculating with no real info to base my speculation on. We need more info.

@Value: Who did you target last night?? (Sorry if you already claimed that and I missed it)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1729 (isolation #109) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

What's the VC like now?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1735 (isolation #110) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK, so..

VOTE: Slimer

L-2

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1736 (isolation #111) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1734, Eragon wrote:and why is slimer scum?
I dunno, but REC is Town so I'm sheeping at his request

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1737 (isolation #112) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I STILL WANT ARI TO SAY WHO HE TARGETED LAST NIGHT BEFORE THE DAY ENDS.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1740 (isolation #113) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Value: I don't. I'm just resigned to accepting you do some weird shit that I don't always understand, but I can sympathize because I also do some stuff that people don't get. I guess we're similar in some way, but differ in other ways.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1742 (isolation #114) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Dolphin is the Role.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1746 (isolation #115) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1744, Eragon wrote:
In post 1742, Almost50 wrote:Dolphin is the Role.
so a dolphin would'nt have any actions exceptr the "flip" ?
Supposedly, yes.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1750 (isolation #116) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1747, Shock Value wrote:
In post 1740, Almost50 wrote:@Value: I don't. I'm just resigned to accepting you do some weird shit that I don't always understand, but I can sympathize because I also do some stuff that people don't get. I guess we're similar in some way, but differ in other ways.
So despite the talk about my role this day you don't get what it is?
I understand the ROLE. I don't understand why you'd pick that over any of the other two... as Town.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1754 (isolation #117) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1753, Shock Value wrote:Also, not saying more about my targets until A50 answers me.
Answer what exactly?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1756 (isolation #118) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1755, Shock Value wrote:You don't0 realize I have no night actions I guess?
What? :oops:

OK.. maybe I did misunderstand the role. I thought you would make someone get lynched twice if you target hem at night and then they get lynched afterwards. :facepalm:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1790 (isolation #119) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1789, Eragon wrote:
In post 1787, Eragon wrote:Ok I blocked shock, so he is like 99.9% confirmed town
Should expand

99.9% confirmed double lynched/no ability

Which makes him confirmed not mafia/killing/harmful neutral
Why not Mafia
who didn't shoot Vax
?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1794 (isolation #120) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:44 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1793, RCEnigma wrote:But for good measure I want to fully flip carca today and decide wether AP lives it dies as a result.
What exactly do I have to do with Carca, may I ask?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1799 (isolation #121) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1798, Eragon wrote:
In post 1790, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1789, Eragon wrote:
In post 1787, Eragon wrote:Ok I blocked shock, so he is like 99.9% confirmed town
Should expand

99.9% confirmed double lynched/no ability

Which makes him confirmed not mafia/killing/harmful neutral
Why not Mafia
who didn't shoot Vax
?
Becuase they still would have ability
That's exactly why I asked. You said you blocked them. How do you know you didn't block whatever ability they had? RB's do not get confirmation they successfully blocked an action.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1811 (isolation #122) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

@S_S / @Eragon: Sorry. Not tryharding in this game, since any setup spec is virtually impossible (balance is not guaranteed) so I haven't been taking notes.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1815 (isolation #123) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1814, Eragon wrote:uh, shock value did NOT use an ability last night.

done and final.

now tell me, what evil faction thats harmful does not use an action?

thats right, NONE.
unless you want to say mafia had a GF that didnt use the kill, and sacrificed a differnet action
or you want to say that theres a neutral we should kill that doesnt have an ability
Eragon, can you please calm down? Thank you. :]

First of all, I do believe you (regarding having targeted Shock Value last night). I also believe you believe the conclusion you came to. You want more? I am not even going to argue against them in particular.

Now let's take a step out of this particular game for a minute. Let's go back to the Mimes game where you were the Watcher, shall we? One Mafioso does the kill and the other stays put. So, let's say
hypothetically
you had this Action Jammer ability in that game (just a hypothetical proposition for the sake of argument). Now let's say you targeted Thor's partner (I don't even remember whom it was). Would they have died? No. Why? because they didn't act. Does this tell you ANYTHING about their alignment? The same applies to the Mimes. If you had targeted the one that didn't use the block they would not die, because they didn't act. Yes, I do remember lane was lynched on D1. I am just making a point. What if you targeted the other Mime who went for a couple of night without acting? They won't die.. because they did not submit an action. Right?

Also, what makes you think you didn't get RB'd yourself? If Scum have a RB of their own and regardless of SV's alignment who do you think they would have used it on?

Again, I am not arguing that Sv is scum here, and I'm not arguing that you were/weren't blocked. All I'm saying is you're jumping to conclusions based on assumptions and not facts. Yes, you did target the slot and yes they are still alive which "most probably" means they did not submit an action, unless you were RB'd yourself, but even if you were not then they simply did not submit an action and it tells us nothing about their alignment still.

Now let's step back into this here game. OK.. SV is very likely Town. I'll take that. So who do you think should we lynch? Do you like RCE's proposition for a Carca lynch? Do you think Xtoxm is a good lynch target? Am I? Give me a little peak on where your head is at right now.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1819 (isolation #124) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1818, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Do you like dogs or cats more?

Votecount 3.1Almost50(1): BulletNLynchproof

not voting: Xtoxm, Eragon, Shock Value, Chara, Almost50, Carcalilly, RCEnigma, Something_Smart

Day 3 ends in (expired on 2018-12-06 02:10:00)

Unofficial prodding update: Shock Value, Chara, and Carcalilly must post within (expired on 2018-11-25 05:40:00) or they will be prodded.
I'm a cat guy all the way. Why do you ask?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1825 (isolation #125) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1820, Something_Smart wrote:hmm

I don't know who I want to lynch today

it might be RCE's time to go, he doesn't have a useful ability and xtoxm/eragon both do.

A50 might not be a bad vote either... I forget, did he claim?
So you don't want to lynch Catca but you want to lynch RCE?? tell me more, please.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1827 (isolation #126) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Almost50 »

So did RCE at first.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1832 (isolation #127) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1830, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1829, Chara wrote:an RC scumread would need to explain his slimer vote, the timing doesn't look like bussing to me.
multiball?
Where's the 2nd NK??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1841 (isolation #128) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1835, Something_Smart wrote:Who knows? Duplicate kills, bulletproof, doc/RB... hell, there might even be a cult.
Duplicate kills is highly unlikely. I don't see 2 separate kills hitting the same targets 2 nights in a row.

Doc/RB.. maybe, but those could be either alignment.

Cult? Sure, but that literally brings back SV in contention. A cult member loses their abilities and become just that, right? And if there is a cult that can recruit from any alignment then we probably missed our chance to win anyway. (I haven't checked the roles thread and probably never will. It's too big to go through)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1843 (isolation #129) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Seriously, mate.. it's well over 200 pages long.. that's over 5000 roles!!!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1846 (isolation #130) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1844, RCEnigma wrote:If there's cult that would mean some combination of Bnl, Chara, a50, SS would be the cult team.
If there's a cult, A50 is a suspect.
If there isn't a cult, A50 is a suspect.
If there's a mole in the CIA, A50 is a suspect.
And if you want to blame someone for what's happening in France, A50 might be the perfect suspect.

Got it. :facepalm:

Blame
Canada
Almost50!
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1847 (isolation #131) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

Btw, I hereby claim responsibility for that assassination of JFK (which happened before I was born). I may also gave had something to do with the Lincoln assassination too.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1850 (isolation #132) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1848, RCEnigma wrote:Carca and myself haven't been recruited, we both flipped.
That was last night. If either of you were recruited last night then you won't flip today. In other words, you ability only confirms your alignment is still intact "after the fact".

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1851 (isolation #133) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1848, RCEnigma wrote:If Eragon isn't recruited then a recruit would have had to come from Chara, you, Bnl, or ss.
Why do you think I (or any of the other 3) would NOT recruit Eragon? because I happen to think if I was a Cult Leader that's exactly the slot I'd want to recruit so as to prevent him from targeting me next if for nothing else.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1853 (isolation #134) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1848, RCEnigma wrote:YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE SLOTS. Do you see where I'm coming from?
Again, no. And I've explained why. Anyone could have been recruited last night. Eragon could have and Shock may have been recruited he night before and Eragon is covering up for his cult buddy. Xtoxm could have been recruited last night and came back with a result on his cult buddy (The role they had before they were culted).

It's true that I could have been culted too, but it's also true that you could have been, or Carca for that matter, and we won't know it until we lynch someone and you both flip. ONLY THEN do we know neither of you had lost their abilities and thus were not culted LAST NIGHT, but then could be culted tonight.

In sum, IF there's a cult, we are already doomed, but then that's always the way with cult games after 3 days of not lynching one.

But we're over reacting to something that isn't even highly likely. It's just "possible". And if it is true (hypothetical assumption (there are way too many variables to consider), like: What if POTUS was the N1 cult recruit, but also the Mafia N1 kill? Since they were killed the recruit failed (they die as Town)m but the cult also remained of just one member. Then they recruited someone last night and there are only 2 of them right now (Leader + 1 cultist). Again, POTUS would have probably been MY choice for a recruit on N1 if I was a Cult Leader.

But the point is this whole cult thing started because S_S decided to bring up 2 scum teams/alignments when we've had only 1 NK per night for 2 successive nights. I find it highly unlikely we have 2 scum teams to begin with, and thus exclaimed about the missing kills and he decided it was a good idea to throw in cult so as not to say he overlooked something.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1854 (isolation #135) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

And I'm not exactly being defensive. It's just annoying that in every game there's a slot or two who are calling me scum regardless of what happens in the game, and will even include me in their scum speculations in every possible scenario. Like, I can be scum with you, but if you flip town I could still be scum who shot or lynched you. The base line is: A50 is Scum from the get go until he flips, and then maybe beyond that point! :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1856 (isolation #136) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

I mean, I can't talk about certain stuff (you know what I mean), but go check it out.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1857 (isolation #137) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1855, Chara wrote:pedit: hi Almost! thanks for towntelling.
YW :)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1874 (isolation #138) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1867, BNL wrote:Isn't the much simpler answer "Why wouldn't he kill/action if he could?"
Good question. Let's say you're a goon, and someone is your team is Ninja or Strongman. Which of you would do the kill & which stays put?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1875 (isolation #139) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1868, BNL wrote:1. Where's the whole idea that there may be a cult coming from?
S_S suggested it when I questioned his 2 anti-Town factions in light of having only 1 NK per night so far.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1876 (isolation #140) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1868, BNL wrote:2. Is it stated anywhere that being recruited to a cult also vanillises them?
It is the way cults work.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1877 (isolation #141) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1871, Xtoxm wrote:My lynch pool atm is bnl a50 carca sv.
Alright, Lynch me already.

I'm also going to preemptively claim: I'm effectively a named Townie. My Role is GODFATHER, but I have no special abilities. I investigate as Town to Cops, but Godfather to Role Cops.

This is what I got (or rather NicoRobin did): Town Godfather + Town Regretful Vigilante + Survivor 1-Shot Miller

So, there were 5 combinations for her choose from (all of them suck if you ask me):

Town Godfather
Town Regretful Vigilante
Town 1-Shot Miller
Survivor Regretful Vigilante
Survivor Godsfather

Obviously the Regretful Vigilante role sucks. Why would anyone want to die with their NK target as any alignment?
Town Miller also isn't a viable option, so I guess Nico had to pick GF for her role, and then choose between Town and Survivor for her alignment. *Shrug*

That's probably why she replaced out because it's quite boring, but then this is Nico and she would have probably replaced out anyway.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1878 (isolation #142) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Gamma: Your modding is sub-par (yours and your comod's :P ). I had to ISO you to remember whom Chara replaced. PLEASE UPDATE THE OP.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1905 (isolation #143) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1903, Gamma Emerald wrote:Carcalilly is being replaced.
This game is...

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1930 (isolation #144) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1912, Shock Value wrote:It's kinda twofold.
The insistance on Cult just seems really out of place.
And his pleas for being town ring as disingenuous to me as well.
I did NOT bring up CULT. S_S DID. FOR GOD's SAKE BLOODY READ THE BLOODY GAME!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1931 (isolation #145) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1915, Xtoxm wrote:Because he's claiming to have made a sub optimal town play. Picking godfather which is neg until on town is a far inferior choice to the suicidal vig thing he claims to have passed up, which while not a great role is still positive utility and you just aim to not use it unless you have no choice.
The same goes to you, sir. I DIDN'T BLOODY GET TO PICK MY ROLE. I REPLACED IN FOR NICOROBIN, and SHE IS WEIRD. She crumbed her SCUM FLAVOUR in Overkill 1 (a fame I ran recently) and both Chara & Ari can testify to it. She then abandoned the slot. She joins games to sabotage them for the other players, and I have rejected her /in as Yume to Overkill 2 as I realized it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1939 (isolation #146) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1936, Something_Smart wrote:I've never played with scum-him, but I'm doubt he would shy away from doing that given that he loves doing it as town.

And also, I wouldn't call his claim "premature." If you look at it from a "never claim until you're at L-1 and there is intent," then yeah it is, but a lot of people have claimed this game without being under that much pressure. (I think even slimer wasn't at L-1 when he claimed.)
If he had already planned to claim town godfather
, and he saw some votes start to develop on him, it makes sense for him to claim earlier before he gets run up, to try to divert the votes onto someone else.
I'll disregard all your speculation about what I'd do if I was scum, but the bolded interests me. Why would anyone plan to claim Town Godfather? I mean, for all practical purposes I am a named VT with no night action and I don't fear being "jammed" by Eragon, so why not claim a VT? Why not something more interesting like Commuter or PGO even.

If you know my play -as you claim- then you know I have a vivid imagination and would probably come up with something that prevents anyone from targeting me at all, or at least make them think twice before they do.

And, do you think my claim really prevents my lynch? Do you think I am not aware that there's nothing that mechanically makes any town player think "not a big loss to lose him"? So, again, why wouldn't I come up with something more valuable to keep a live? I mean, it's a really large pool and the game isn't even guaranteed to be balanced, so I'm sure if I looked up the roles thread I would've been able to come up with something that made you go "Oh, WOW! I'm not lynching this today". No?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1943 (isolation #147) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1942, Xtoxm wrote:Nice try playing dumb
Huh?

Listen, why don't everyone just target me tonight? You, Eragon, and anyone else who has a night action. I know it probably isn't optimal play in general, but it makes it more likely I get NK'd to prevent a possible confirmation of my alignment, which would make me feel good. I always play to get NK'd when I'm a useless Town role, but it has been hard this game with others prematurely claiming and/or towning it up, and I couldn't do my thing baiting the NK properly yet.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1959 (isolation #148) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

Are you all caught up?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1961 (isolation #149) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

So why are you asking us if we want an extension when it's clear that you are the one most needing it?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1963 (isolation #150) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

1- No
2- Even if you were, how are you going to get reads?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1985 (isolation #151) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

My safest bet of not hitting a Townie is Shock Value, but nobody wants to go there. Everyone else is either likely Town or can go either way.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2002 (isolation #152) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Kokichi

You're taking way too long to catch up. Come out an play.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2004 (isolation #153) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Thanks, bud.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”